Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep (1711 Views)

What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Feed The Sheep, Not Milk The Sheep / Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by jerrymania(m): 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2013
the lion prays lord give me food today while the sheep prays lord save me from being eaten today. then the lion meets the sheep, who does God answer?
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Sanboy25: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
jerrymania: the lion prays lord give me food today while the sheep prays lord save me from being eaten today. then the lion meets the sheep, who does God answer?
He answer to the lion, the sheep is eaten and go to heaven grin

1 Like

Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by timothycel(m): 10:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
It depends, God said John 14:14 if we ask anything in his name he will grant us.

This can be both good and bad.

God didnt specify, but whoever remains loyal to God is the one whos prayer is answered.

Even when Satan asks to temp us, or asks for our souls he uses the same John 14:14 and as such God must grant what Satan asks for because God is bound by John 14:14.

Sometimes God answer the lion, and sometimes the sheep. But whoever is Holy and faithfull to God in this lifetime will be the one to win eternal life...

In other words it doesnt really matter (In the greater scheme of things) who God answers in this life time. What is important is what happens after this life, and as such we should direct our prayers accordingly with that in mind.

Thats my opinion.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by manmustwac(m): 1:11am On Jul 22, 2013
In Nigeria where its survival of the fittest God will obviously choose the lion
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by tpia5: 3:53am On Jul 22, 2013
Why would the lion ask God for food when God has already given it what it needs to get food by itself? Namely instinct, claws, teeth, etc.

And if the sheep remains with the shepherd, it would not fall into the path of a lion.

David killed both a bear and a lion which attacked his sheep.

1 Like

Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 22, 2013
jerrymania: the lion prays lord give me food today while the sheep prays lord save me from being eaten today. then the lion meets the sheep, who does God answer?

...and if the 'grass' asks God to prevent the sheep from eaten it but the sheep also asks for its daily 'bread'...who then does God answer?

There is a natural order of things and God has made it such that lions need to feed on meat...to deprive any lion of this would be to sentence the lion to death but there is a catch...the lion must not eat more than is required hence the survival of both species is guaranteed.

If the sheep prays: "Lord let the lion not eat me"...what it prays for in effect is that God assures the survival of its species by allowing the lion eat only what is required; while the lion's prayer is that God make the sheep prosperous and multiply because the prosperity of the sheep is directly tied to its prosperity and survival.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:28am On Jul 22, 2013
I think he'll answer the one that doesn't waste it's time praying but is either hunting or running away.

Prayer does nothing. Hard work pays.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:29am On Jul 22, 2013
striktlymi:

...and if the 'grass' asks God to prevent the sheep from eaten it but the sheep also asks for its daily 'bread'...who then does God answer?

There is a natural order of things and God has made it such that lions need to feed on meat...to deprive any lion of this would be to sentence the lion to death but there is a catch...the lion must not eat more than is required hence the survival of both species is guaranteed.

If the sheep prays: "Lord let the lion not eat me"...what it prays for in effect is that God assures the survival of its species by allowing the lion eat only what is required; while the lion's prayer is that God make the sheep prosperous and multiply because the prosperity of the sheep is directly tied to its prosperity and survival.

Good. You now admit that your god doesn't intervene.

1 Like

Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Good. You now admit that your god doesn't intervene.

Is this a response to something I said previously? undecided
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:40am On Jul 22, 2013
striktlymi:

Is this a response to something I said previously? undecided

Would god intervene in favour of the sheep or the lion. Or, because there is a natural order of things as you affirmed, do nothing?
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Would god intervene in favour of the sheep or the lion. Or as you affirmed, do nothing because there is a natural order of things?

Sheep and lions are 'animals' and will be left alone...given that both animals perform the function God intends for them. With humans the rules are different.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Areaboy2(m): 7:46am On Jul 22, 2013
striktlymi:

Sheep and lions are 'animals' and will be left alone...given that both animals perform the function God intends for them. With humans the rules are different.

LOL.. really?

See the problem with believing in fairy tales?.. you'll always come up with ridiculous ideas to defend it undecided
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 22, 2013
Area_boy:

LOL.. really?

See the problem with believing in fairy tales?.. you'll always come up with ridiculous ideas to defend it undecided

LWKMD!!!

And he thinks its not ridiculous to come to a thread, add nothing to the OP and claim that a comment is ridiculous without stating why it is ridiculous? undecided

I hear ya!!!
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2013
striktlymi:

So you are saying that god doesn't interfere where animals are concerned?
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Areaboy2(m): 8:16am On Jul 22, 2013
striktlymi:

LWKMD!!!

And he thinks its not ridiculous to come to a thread, add nothing to the OP and claim that a comment is ridiculous without stating why it is ridiculous? undecided

I hear ya!!!

hmmmm.. You really wana go down that road with me? smiley
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

So you are saying that god doesn't interfere where animals are concerned?

Depends on what you call 'animal affairs'.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 22, 2013
Area_boy:

hmmmm.. You really wana go down that road with me? smiley

Lol!!!

Depends on the 'road' you mean!!!
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Areaboy2(m): 8:21am On Jul 22, 2013
Quite interesting mate.. cos you make your god sound like a blood thirsty, violence loving chap. He made the sheep just to be mauled by a lion every time for food. While making the lion love sheep meat. undecided Who is enjoying this show? certainly not the sheep, but your god and the lion.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:21am On Jul 22, 2013
striktlymi:

Depends on what you call 'animal affairs'.

I was anticipating a skid response like this, which is why I changed the form of the question.

Your quote about animals having fixed functions and different rules baffled me which is why I would like to know in what, if any, circumstances, your god would intervene in the lives of animals. Or does he not?

Stop dodging. Defend your god.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 22, 2013

It is survivor of the fittest. If you are weak or show any sign of weakness you will be devoured. God resides on the inside of every plant,animal and human so it shows favour to no one.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:27am On Jul 22, 2013
ifeness:

It is survivor of the fittest. If you are weak or show any sign of weakness you will be devoured. God resides on the inside of every plant,animal and human so it shows favour to no one.

So, if the lion eats the sheep, it is eating the resident god as well. grin grin

Just had god for breakfast then.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:29am On Jul 22, 2013
striktlymi:

Seriously, it is difficult to defend fairy tale.....trying to defend will possibly lead to invention of new lies or contradiction.

According to what you said that animal and human are different, dont you read what your bible says about the issue?

Ecclesiastes 3:19
New International Version (©2011)

Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless.

deal with that
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

So, if the lion eats the sheep, it is eating the resident god as well. grin grin

Just had god for breakfast then.

Everything is made of god...... It's funny when humans think they are more special than plants and animals. We are all same. In fact less organised !
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2013
Area_boy: Quite interesting mate.. cos you make your god sound like a blood thirsty, violence loving chap. He made the sheep just to be mauled by a lion every time for food. While making the lion love sheep meat. undecided Who is enjoying this show? certainly not the sheep, but your god and the lion.

Not quite!

I am pretty certain that any human that is worked as hard as a personal computer would be said to have been reduced to the level of a slave.

We do not say that because we use our personal computers for hours then it necessarily means that we are abusing its use or that we necessarily become slave drivers to 'machines' or that we just enjoy suffering 'machines', hence the reason why we make them.

'Machines' typically are designed to perform some specific tasks which usually are deemed beneficial and if they do not perform what they are designed for, then there necessarily is a malfunction.

Like the machines we make, God created animals and gave specific instructions which are written in mother nature. And just like we can't accuse humans of being cruel when we use our inventions for what they are designed for, so too it would be inappropriate to accuse God of any wrong doing when his creatures perform the tasks for which they were created.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I was anticipating a skid response like this, which is why I changed the form of the question.

Say what you mean and mean what you say!

Alfa Seltzer:
Your quote about animals having fixed functions and different rules baffled me which is why I would like to know in what, if any, circumstances, your god would intervene in the lives of animals. Or does he not?

Not sure if I mentioned the bold but to answer the rest of your question: I do not know the circumstances that would necessitate God's intervening in the lives of animals.

What I do know is that animals in general were not created the way man was and the 'rules' God applies to humans are different from that which he applies to animals for the most part.

Alfa Seltzer:
Stop dodging. Defend your god.

Let me get this straight...you call trying to get clarity of a question you asked, 'dodging'? undecided

And I do not defend God, I only express my beliefs which you are free not to accept.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 22, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Seriously, it is difficult to defend fairy tale.....trying to defend will possibly lead to invention of new lies or contradiction.

According to what you said that animal and human are different, dont you read what your bible says about the issue?

New International Version (©2011)

Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless.

deal with that

Hi Foly,

I have tried to explain to some of my Atheist buddies that quoting Sacred scriptures is not the same as understanding it...are you even aware that what you quoted is just one part to a series of questions Solomon asked himself i.e from verse 18-21?

Well I do not blame you for not understanding what that passage of sacred scriptures was trying to teach because, hey, even a number of Christians are having a hard time understanding it.

Now, the passage you quoted was not telling us that humans and animals are the same which I think can be implied from your comment in bold.

Before I continue, I do hope you realize that the comment you attributed to me (the one in bold) was NEVER made by me. That comment is your 'baby' not mine, though I agree with it, kind of...

Now, that passage did not say human beings and animals are exactly the same...it only brings to the fore their similarities which include 'life' and 'death'...

The death Solomon talked about in that verse has to do with the physical death and decay of the body which humans share with animals, but they do not share what happens after death...the bold is easily seen in the next verse:

New International Version

20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.

The flesh of both man and animal returns back to the dust, but the spirit wherein lies the difference difference between animals and humans, play by a different set of rules.

The spirit of man is subject to judgment, hence the need to be accountable for our lives here on Earth, but that of animals are not subject to same...this difference Solomon tries to bring out by asking the following question:

Ecclesiastes 3:21

21 Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?

In order words, Solomon asked himself whether humans will be subject to God's judgment after death and whether the animals will not. He gave a concise answer to this at the very end of the book itself:

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

13 Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. 14 For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.

One is only subject to judgment when he can be held accountable for his actions. Man is accountable, hence his spirit goes upward but animals are not hence their soul goes downward i.e back into the Earth.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2013
striktlymi:

Not sure if I mentioned the bold but to answer the rest of your question: I do not know the circumstances that would necessitate God's intervening in the lives of animals.

Good. So your god does not as far as you are aware, intervene in the lives of animals?
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Good. So your god does not as far as you are aware, intervene in the lives of animals?

I am not sure what you mean by the bold but if it is in line with the OP then it is not so because no sheep will ask God not to be eaten by a lion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miraculous Protection From HIV / Top 5 Richest Pastors In Africa Are From Nigeria / Hell Is Real! I Went There - Jennifer Perez ( Warning To Backslidders)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.