Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,530 members, 7,954,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:48 PM

Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha (9990 Views)

Defection Of 5 PDP Governors Ensured Victory For APC — Okorocha / Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha / Igbos Ready To Dump PDP For APC —OKOROCHA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by gratiaeo(m): 6:57am On Jul 22, 2013
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has stated that the agitation for a Nigerian president of Igbo extraction could only be realized on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC).

Okorocha, who was speaking during the inauguration of the APC South-East Ward Mobilizers and Supporters Club at the Ahiajoku Convention Centre, Owerri in Imo State, at the weekend, maintained that the Igbo were well accommodated in the new platform compared to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), which he accused of relegating the zone to the background.

He said: “ I am highly elated that our people are responding to this clarion call that had to do with our collective destiny and aspiration. It is a clear fact that Ndigbo have been relegated to sixth position in the political equation of our nation not minding the fact that we formed one of the tripods upon which the nation stands.”

The governor said a situation where the Igbo is not the president, vice president, senate president, speaker of the House of Representatives and chairman of the ruling party, gave credence to the fact that they had been relegated to the background by the PDP.

“But my assurance today is that our tears would be wiped away in APC as we have no doubt started well and will definitely finish on a very good note in this new party. Let me state categorically that Igbo presidency, which appeared impossible in PDP would be actualized under the platform of APC. Therefore, I make bold to say that APC is truly an Igbo party and should be embraced by the entire Igbo,” he said.

The governor added that APC had beyond being a political party, metamorphosed into a rallying point for the Igbo, thereby rekindling hope for the much canvassed Igbo unity and possible actualization of the common agenda of the people.

Governor Okorocha further posited that with successful inauguration of the Ward Mobilizers and Supporters Club of APC, the party was prepared to demonstrate its winning strategy in the November 6 Anambra governorship election.

He hinted of his plan to hold crucial talk with Senators Chris Ngige and Annie Okonkwo, the party’s frontline aspirants, in a bid to ensure smooth and peaceful emergence of the party’s governorship candidate ahead of the polls.

Speaking earlier, the Coordinator of the APC South-East Ward Mobilizers, Chula Nwauwa, explained that the mobilizers were people carefully chosen with the enormous capacity to entrench the party at the grassroots and move on the same pace with Governor Rochas Okorocha, who incidentally is the chief mobilizer of the party in the South-East.

According to Hon. Nwauwa, the mobilizers are deeply responsible for converting members of other political parties into the fold of APC towards strengthening its hold at the grassroots to wrestle power from the rival PDP.

Also in his goodwill message, the National vice chairman of APC South East, Dr. Nyerere Anyim, urged Igbos to embrace the party and work for its victory in the forthcoming general elections.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/igbo-presidency-can-only-be-actualized-under-apc-okorocha/

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 22, 2013
But the Igbos are the greatest antagonist of APC.....they will rather prefer to go for the broke and put all their eggs in one basket under the killer party.

No political confidence...no political maturity either.

17 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 22, 2013
Rochas...Rochas...Ro-Ro, How many times did i call you? Apc an Igbo Party? Will Tinubu and Buhari agree with that statement. Ok na...make i siddon dey look you first. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by gratiaeo(m): 7:21am On Jul 22, 2013
From Mberede on sun news paper
"rochas is a joker. not with the
yorubas shall we ever gather
our eggs again. your ambition
is driving u crazy an average
IGBO MAN is not with u on
this. we are republicans we
dont rely on government to
either survive or develope,
nigerians from other blocks
should come to see what we
have been able to achieve in
the SE since after the war
amidst her deprivation and
hate evidently why we excel
in every sector of human
endeavor if put on common
judgement against equals.
GEJ IS A BIAFRAN until he
says otherwise no
propaganda nor postulation
is going to make the IGBO
NATION to stop supporting
him. okorocha is not relevant
in this contest at all, the day
the trumpet sounds no
political machination or
ethnic bigotry by the yoruba
or hausa foolanis will stop an
IGBO MAN from occuping
that conspiracy of a house
called ASO ROCK. TINUBU
and BUHARI must not have
a place of regard in IGBO
LAND since we fear no man."

40 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by frabel: 7:25am On Jul 22, 2013
rochas is just dreaming, let him grab the APC presidential flag first. then igbos will know that he is serious. anything less than that, he is a sellout.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by gratiaeo(m): 7:38am On Jul 22, 2013
Mr Rochas you are not good for Imolites how much more
igbos. You are selfish,
You thinks you are better and
smarter than every body, we have more crediable igbos, your abracadebra days is
numbered.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by iamswizz(m): 7:43am On Jul 22, 2013
If an igbo or even a yoruba man can do the job.. Then i dont mind..

But what i know is that i can never vote PDP.. Ah ah.. Those people are heartless. Since 1999 to 2015, nothing to show.. Ndi ara

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by idumuose(m): 7:50am On Jul 22, 2013
Rochas Okorocha!Okorocha!Rochas!wepu aka enwe n'ofe....
The igbos will disappoint Ɣ☺u oo!Yur quest for the post
Of presidency has beclouded yur sense of reasoning.It is
impossible for Ɣ☺u to cope under the over-bearing attitude
of Tinubu.Anyway,I wish Ɣ☺u good luck.But Ɣ☺u hv joined
Apc in yur own interest and not the interest of Ndigbo.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:12am On Jul 22, 2013
God, let APC be registered first so that we know whether presidential primaries will be opened to all. I think this Rochas will not work for APC and will be thrown out. He has unbeatable record on this. Am watching
Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by dinachi(m): 8:20am On Jul 22, 2013
I cry every time I see igbos defending PDP as I it is their birth right. This is a party that offers you nothing apart from crumbs! Talk of the lost souls of Igbo land.Everybody from the north to even the South South understands the importance of political power except the political lost souls of ndi igbo who only values what we put in our bellies!I hope we have not become like Esau who sells his birthright for a pot of porridge.wake up and smell the coffee my brothers or we are lost forever politically!

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by pistol: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2013
I laff in swahili.
I used to be a blind supporter of these man,
Till my eyes opened and I discovered to my chargain that my governor is a scam artist.
He has succeeded in wrecking Imo state in every sector and ramification.
If rochas and buhari will be the only two contestants for the office of the president,
I will gladly vote for buhari.
NIGERIANS BEWARE OF ROCHAS.......
He means no good.
Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by PointB: 9:23am On Jul 22, 2013
My brother Rochas, we hear you. You have spoken well, like a true Igboman. But kindly remind us again, when you or Ngige grab the APC Presidential Flag bearer ticket! Until then, this is just nothing tongue in the cheek.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by chino11(m): 9:54am On Jul 22, 2013
This clown is at it again..

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by Orikinla(m): 10:03am On Jul 22, 2013
Yes.
Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by Orikinla(m): 10:04am On Jul 22, 2013
Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by zuggy: 10:06am On Jul 22, 2013
This man is a dreamer
Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by mrking3(m): 10:17am On Jul 22, 2013
M̶̲̥̅γ problem with Rochas is that he talks too much!! Its fool hardy for him to think †ђξ IGBOs will get †ђξ presidency under APC which is apparently a core Northern Part dominated with Muslim Extreemist!! He should keep dreaming!!!! I used to be his biggest fan but lately, he disgust me with his actions!!!

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by Felixandra: 10:21am On Jul 22, 2013
Mr Rochas is solely after his own ambition... Don't be fooled by what he says
Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by Nomski0(f): 10:21am On Jul 22, 2013
Its impossicant
Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by Keneeby(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2013
Rochas you are on ur own... Who told you Tinubu and Buhari will give you presidency? I dey laff...hahahhahahaha
Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 22, 2013
hahahahahaha!

Igbo presidency??

I don't think so Okorocha. What you will say is this:
A deluded Igbo presidential aspirant can only make noise with APC!

By the way Okorocha, are you not aware that we are more interested in
True federalism, regional autonomy and when either of these are not possible, then we want Biafra!

I pity you and those who are deluded like you!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by orji63(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2013
A rolling stone gathers no moss.jumping from one party to the other in order to actualize the Igbo presidency is not ideal.stay in one party,build your structures,convince the masses why you must be voted into power and if by the stroke of luck you win if not you continue to struggle like buhari.carvorting like a drunken horse is not the best.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by blackbeau1(f): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2013
See as dem wan use the head of igbo people. APC presidential candidacy will be given to the north. And for all of you that are claiming APc is better than PDP. I can assure you that you will run back to this forum to tell us there is no difference between APC and PDP. Afterall,is it not the same set of people defecting to APC? Abeg, the devil I know is better than the angel I don't know

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by Adex097: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2013
Meaning of NAIRA. :
Never Allow Igbo Rule Again.
»»»Lol..No be me talk ham o lipsrsealed
Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by theripper3: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2013
Rochas nwanne, u want to become president from a hard-line islamic party abi? U better stop dat codeine and snap back to reality. U should start by asking how many of the APC coalition states have christians as governors before ur chimerical dream of being President under the "Muslim Brotherhood"
Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by airvision(m): 10:31am On Jul 22, 2013
Abeg go rest joo.. nonsense selfish bastard
Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by Fazhy: 10:31am On Jul 22, 2013
dozzybaba: Rochas...Rochas...Ro-Ro, How many times did i call you? Apc an Igbo Party? Will Tinubu and Buhari agree with that statement. Ok na...make i siddon dey look you first. grin cheesy

I think APC is not a tribal party.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 22, 2013
APC my foot.Who the hell did Rochas think he is?
I like Ngige per se but hate APC with passion.
Therefore my like for him <My hate for APC, So this implies that he will surely fail Anambra's election if he emerges as 'Parties' flag bearer.
99.99% of Igbos hate APC .APC is not welcomed in Igbo land.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by speeder(m): 10:38am On Jul 22, 2013
This man keeps dreaming. Well, there's nothing wrong in dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by Lordave: 10:41am On Jul 22, 2013
That thing wey dem give Rochas chop no go work!
Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:42am On Jul 22, 2013
The truth is,

APC must av a constitution that all nigerians need. If APC can have a constitution that allows rotation of power, something the PDP lack, then it is well with them.

For the first 8yrs...NORTH(that is inevitable), then IGBO for the next, and YORUBA.

If everybody can agree, no lele.

i'm not a supporter of APC, but leaving behind tinubu's uncalled hatred by the igbos, he is a smart man. I biliv he will capitalise on the shortcomings of the PDP and include workable caluses in the APC's constitution!

PDP is a joke. I dnt knw why we chose to be blinded by it!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Can Only Be Actualized With APC – Okorocha by Okijajuju1(m): 10:44am On Jul 22, 2013
In that case, We Ndi Igbos do not want to be president... angry

Rochas bu agwo... angry[/right]

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate / What The Late Dr Chuba Okadigbo Said About Buhari / INEC Postpones All Bye-Elections Over Security Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.