Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,492 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? (3108 Views)

Why Do People Compare Buhari To Mao And Jonathan To Nebuchadbezzar / Photos: Buhari's People Compare Declaration Crowd Between GEJ And Buhari / Britain Links Homophobia In Africa To Foreign Aid.is That The Right Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 22, 2013
I don't see the similarity, at all. To be honest, I'm insulted that gay people compare the atrocities of slavery segregation and the holocaust, to not being able to get married. Got no problem with gay folks in general(what you do in your own homes is none of my business) but just don't think it's the same thing at all.
As a black man, i'm frankly insulted by
pictures like this:
[img]http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-10adc7257e051cb3fbc8cc5066ff2d02[/img]

Not saying anything against gays, but I just can't comprehend the connection between the two.

#JustMyOpinion
Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 22, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by ektbear: 8:10am On Jul 22, 2013
Because they are the same thing. Or facets of the same evil: bigotry.
Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 22, 2013
Both are in the same category. They are both being denied the freedom to chose what ever sexuality and race to mingle with respectively. Both cannot express themselve the way they chose. It's got nothing to do with being black or not. Even some black ppl are racist! Bottom line is ;whoever is racist or homophobic is ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 22, 2013
Take this sh!it to the violent/disgusting section! angry
Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 22, 2013
ifeness: Both are in the same category. They are both being denied the freedom to chose what ever sexuality and race to mingle with respectively. Both cannot express themselve the way they chose. It's got nothing to do with being black or not. Even some black ppl are racist! Bottom line is ;whoever is racist or homophobic is ignorant.

I'll settle with this.
Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 22, 2013
ifeness: Both are in the same category. They are both being denied the freedom to chose what ever sexuality and race to mingle with respectively. Both cannot express themselve the way they chose. It's got nothing to do with being black or not. Even some black ppl are racist! Bottom line is ;whoever is racist or homophobic is ignorant.

Stop tripping. They are anything but in the same category, Dude.

Being a black man is a natural thing ordained by nature, while being gay is an anomaly(nature's mistake).

A lot of people agrees with me on that.

For example, Paula Deen was publicly humiliated for being a racist. Alec Baldwin on the other hand was ignored when he went off on an homophobic rant against a gay reporter. Those are clear examples that they are not the same.

It's okay to be homophobic because of religious reasons, but no one likes to be classified as a racist.
Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 22, 2013
ekt_bear: Because they are the same thing. Or facets of the same evil: bigotry.

Yeah, they are both form of bigotry but that doesn't make them the same.

How will you feel when a sign by a restaurant door reads; Gays and Niggahs are not allowed.

While one form of bigotry can be justified in the sense that it's horrible, the other doesn't deserve it, period.
Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 22, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Yeah, they are both form of bigotry but that doesn't make them the same.

How will you feel when a sign by a restaurant door reads; Gays and Niggahs are not allowed.

While one form of bigotry can be justified in the sense that it's horrible, the other doesn't deserve it, period.

The other doesn't deserve it because you're not one right? What do you know about being gay?

I'm sure a pre-1950 heterosexual white would be glad to see such a sign on the restaurant door.
Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 22, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Being a black man is a natural thing ordained by nature, while being gay is an anomaly(nature's mistake).

For example, Paula Deen was publicly humiliated for being a racist. Alec Baldwin on the other hand was ignored when he went off on an homophobic rant against a gay reporter. Those are clear examples that they are not the same.

It's okay to be homophobic because of religious reasons, but no one likes to be classified as a racist.

Go tell that to the KKK's. They're still proud of being racists.

That a lot of people agree with you on being homophobic doesn't make it right.
Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 22, 2013
masonkz:

Go tell that to the KKK's. They're still proud of being racists.

That a lot of people agree with you on being homophobic doesn't make it right.

I'm not homophobic like I said before. I just don't see any similarity with being black and being gay, that's all.
Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 22, 2013
masonkz:

The other doesn't deserve it because you're not one right? What do you know about being gay?

I'm sure a pre-1950 heterosexual white would be glad to see such a sign on the restaurant door.

In white dominated society like America, gays and other minority races are constantly pitted in the same category as if it's an anomaly not to be white, as it is an anomaly to be attracted to the same sex as you.

It is not the same! I refused to be classified with gays please, even if some fellow black fellas are okay with it.
Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 22, 2013
another gay thread... like u guys dont want us around but yet wont leave us alone, lol. well I love the awareness being created thou

@op, did u really want an answer to your question?
Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 22, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Being gay is not natural? Anything that nature supports is natural. So you need to rethink your idea of homosexuals being anti nature. The souls of all human is neither male nor female,so anyone can decide what ever sexuality they chose to express whether you like it or not.

You said " it is ok to be homophobic due to religion reasons". That is a sick idea,knowing that religion is the root of all evil. Why would you decide the fate of your fellow humans? You need to live yours!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2013
ifeness:

Being gay is not natural? Anything that nature supports is natural. So you need to rethink your idea of homosexuals being anti nature. The souls of all human is neither male nor female,so anyone can decide what ever sexuality the chose to express whether you like it or not.

You said " it is ok to be homophobic due to religion reasons". That is a sick idea,knowing that religion is the root of all evil. Why would you decide the fate of your fellow humans? You need to live yours!

There's a reason that nature created male and female in almost every specie, you know? Male and male can't reproduce and multiply so it ain't natural. It's against nature in every sense.

Almost every Religion are unified when it comes to how they view homosexualism. They are quick to recognise the fact that it's against what the nature intended.

So thus, people tends to detest them because of their religious beliefs. That's how "the religious reasons" came into play.
Re: Why Do People compare Homophobia To Racism? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 25, 2013
Hettymoore:

@op, did u really want an answer to your question?

That's the whole point of all these, wasn't it?

(1) (Reply)

Naira Don Scatter O: N213 To 1 Dollar And N314 To 1 Pound - Kilo De? / I Think I Am Getting Impressed With Buhari... Ride On Sir! #frombiafra / The Sardauna (sir Ahmadu Bello) And Girl Child Education In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.