Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

My Name Is Omotola Jalade-ekeinde And I Say No To Phedophilia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Name Is Omotola Jalade-ekeinde And I Say No To Phedophilia (518 Views)

Donald Duke ''Staring'' At Omotola At Ben-Bruce's 60th Birthday (photo) / Omotola Pledges Support For Buhari pix / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Name Is Omotola Jalade-ekeinde And I Say No To Phedophilia by babymi2(f): 9:25am On Jul 22, 2013
After sending out a couple of tweets about corruption and healthcare last month, the movie star who was in Bayelsa yesterday for the 2013 Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria finale, spoke on the senate bill endorsing child marriage in Nigeria.

The actress who was among the panel of judges for the beauty competition, was presented with a Silverbird Unique Personality Award.

Just before receiving the award, Omotola who wore a black-and-white striped maxi dress delivered an emotional speech on the trending topic of child marriage.

Read the transcript of the speech.

Let me first and foremost thank The Lord almighty, my saviour and help for this award.

Thanks also to Silverbird group the organizers of MBGN

Thanks to my wonderful husband, Capt Matthew Ekeinde, my support and best friend whose also here tonight. I am Today one of the Most influential person/people in the world because I wasn’t given off to marriage before the age of 18.

It scares and totally shocks me that the Senate in Nigeria (the most populous Black nation in the world and Giant of Africa) would not be passing in a law ensuring that every child should compulsorily be enrolled in school.

A very alarming number of children today are on the streets hawking or have been abused, raped or are married to men/women who should be protecting them.

Who protects the children of Nigeria?

Would we wait for another Milala before we act?

Should we now remove the parental caution on movies that say “Not for persons below 18″.

This is a call for justice and equity for children especially the Nigerian Girl child, who has the right to quality education, a childhood and the decision of whom and when to marry.

My Name is Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde and I say No to phedophilia and No to the senate Bill endorsing Child marriage in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Miss Nigeria Take Campaign Against Child Marriage To Reps / Power Minister Says Nigerians Now Enjoy 16 Hours Of Electricity Supply / Middle Belt Group Rues North’s Quest For Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.