Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management (14040 Views)

How To Carry-out Business Research $ Handle Business Effectively / Cement Business - Start It I Can Help (by Dangote Distributor) / Home Business/start Up Business In Usa and abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
respectment: Am in final year now and I want to startup a business in school, it will be a buying and selling kind of business, eg cloths,electronics, etc , my advertising and marketing strategy will require me getting the phone numbers , email address , bb pin , of the students in my school, since I don't have enough money for shop, me and my team will deliver at the door step of our customers, please advise me on a better way to go about this, how to get the students contacts, and any other innovative idea. Respectment@yahoo.com.
Bb pin:2393C3C3
I must commend your idea of school trading business.
1. Doing business in school is very good because you don't have a choice than to make profit if you don't permit FAMILIARITY and EMOTION to overide your good business strategy,
2, Sincerly, your marketing strategy is a good one, infact the best business strategy is the one that save you some major cost like shop and advert, but I must say you need at least a shop to show your stocks to customers, so gues what, start a Blog and make it your shop where you can display your goods with pictures for customers to see (most student now have access to internet)
And whenever you have stocks, send the message to all your contacts and give them the benefit to see your stocks from your blog,
Finally, the key to get students contact is to keep on getting students contact the way you got the ones you have(I hope you know what I mean) and you may not limit your customers to students, other means may include circulating forms through dept governors or as you deem it fit to do(this doesn't work often).

NB, I must say also that you should also consider your studies as you go into business.
I hope you got the idea of what I explained above,
If you need any other thing, pls post it here or my email, thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by amtheone(m): 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
theodavid: I jst startd a mini watch importation and am in onitsha and i discover dat most people selling watches in onitsha main market also import their watches from china and it really affecting the price of watches so i need your advice and am tinking if you can help get people i can supply some of the watches outside onitsha

David

Though ur question was not directed to me. Pls Sir Syllang permit me to make a few suggestion here.

Going into business u have to decide two things-its either consumable or not. What I mean by consumable, I mean things that people can quickly use and within a short time ask for another one. In that way no matter how saturated d market is u will always have a share of the market.

Here u are into watch that is not consumable, so the "big boys" are taking over the market share seemingly price-wise.

Now what I will advise, u can still continue with ur watch import if u find it neccessary but look for another product that u won't struggle to sell especially consumable items. That way even in that Onitsha u will still make ur money.

Again u have to consider how long does it take to dispose ur watch frm d day u receive them. If it takes longer, it means u are likely to finish ur profit on logistics. Also, do people buy on credit, which I believe it is possible. There are so many items that u can import and dispose of within some days or weeks.

It is like a person that sells recharge card and the one that sells laptop. U can never compare the two in terms of profit margin.

Let me share my business experience a little. I was into laptop importation (Original from Uk) and I was having issues with marketing. I had to stop and went into ladies shoes. I will travel to Cotonou and purchase them. Again, there was issue of credit. I was doing mobile marketing which involved moving around with the shoes, I was almost at d mercy of ladies - they will collect the shoes but to pay was always an issue. As am typing this, there are some that are still owing me. In fact I've considered such as bad debt.

But by God's grace I was able to discover something that am doing now, which is debt-free. I can comfortably make more than 10k in a day without anybody owing me one naira. In that way, I can project my future and tell how events play out in my business.

So, look inward and make the right move. I wish u d best.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
theodavid: I jst startd a mini watch importation and am in onitsha and i discover dat most people selling watches in onitsha main market also import their watches from china and it really affecting the price of watches so i need your advice and am tinking if you can help get people i can supply some of the watches outside onitsha

Only if I get an exact picture of your mode of operation so I may advise you,
1. What price has been affected by other sellers buying from china, is it the price you buy it at china or the price you sell it at onitsha,
2. Do you distribute to retail sellers or you sell it in units by yourself.

I want to understand that
1. The price affected is the selling price in onitsha.
2.That you distribute to retail sellers.
From my own understanding, I will say the market is very competitive so you must be sensitive to the price you sell your watch but what you need to do to survive in such a competitive market is to improve on your marketing strategy by
Cutting down on your running costs and let your customers enjoy price advantage from you as a result of the cost you have cut. Increase your distributors line(get more distributors and dominate the market or you use sales agents)

I must inform that doing a market survey is very important before comiting money into trading and manufacturing business

Finaly, I realy wish I could help more by getting you people to supply but I don't have anyone to introduce to you currently, pls make effort to improve on your marketting strategy as I indicated above.
If my understanding is wrong about your position pls do reply, thanks.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
amtheone:

David

Though ur question was not directed to me. Pls Sir Syllang permit me to make a few suggestion here.

Going into business u have to decide two things-its either consumable or not. What I mean by consumable, I mean things that people can quickly use and within a short time ask for another one. In that way no matter how saturated d market is u will always have a share of the market.

Here u are into watch that is not consumable, so the "big boys" are taking over the market share seemingly price-wise.

Now what I will advise, u can still continue with ur watch import if u find it neccessary but look for another product that u won't struggle to sell especially consumable items. That way even in that Onitsha u will still make ur money.

Again u have to consider how long does it take to dispose ur watch frm d day u receive them. If it takes longer, it means u are likely to finish ur profit on logistics. Also, do people buy on credit, which I believe it is possible. There are so many items that u can import and dispose of within some days or weeks.

It is like a person that sells recharge card and the one that sells laptop. U can never compare the two in terms of profit margin.

Let me share my business experience a little. I was into laptop importation (Original from Uk) and I was having issues with marketing. I had to stop and went into ladies shoes. I will travel to Cotonou and purchase them. Again, there was issue of credit. I was doing mobile marketing which involved moving around with the shoes, I was almost at d mercy of ladies - they will collect the shoes but to pay was always an issue. As am typing this, there are some that are still owing me. In fact I've considered such as bad debt.

But by God's grace I was able to discover something that am doing now, which is debt-free. I can comfortably make more than 10k in a day without anybody owing me one naira. In that way, I can project my future and tell how events play out in my business.

So, look inward and make the right move. I wish u d best.

I realy appreciate your contribution here and your idea of profit margin and turnover is very much related to this issue.
Fund has been commited to this project already so the way out of getting d best out of it is very much needed at the moment.
I'm glad you gave a broad idea on considering profit magin and turnover when making a choice of investment
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by Jprime: 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pls op i av 20k, will it be enough to start a weavon nd attachment business. Tanks
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by amtheone(m): 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
syllang:

I realy appreciate your contribution here and your idea of profit margin and turnover is very much related to this issue.
Fund has been commited to this project already so the way out of getting d best out of it is very much needed at the moment.
I'm glad you gave a broad idea on considering profit magin and turnover when making a choice of investment

Ok. Well we don't know the quantity involved and price index but whatever it is, I believe there is a way forward. He may need to reduce price like u rightly pointed out.

He may also has to go elsewhere still in the same Onitsha about from the conventional market where he can market the watch like schools(higher institutions etc).

There is a lot that goes into any successful endeavour.

Syllang I will soon communicate with u regarding our deal.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by ajibaby2: 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pls, i need your opinion on dry cleaning biz. I want to start up one in my locality. How much do i need and what do i need to consider for a start.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 7:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
Buchika: Thanks for your efforts, something kept me away from this thread for some time. I will like to have the quotations and the footage, as for the evaluation info you proposed, I think it will be of importance when their is a specific machine that is being compared to the manual method. Send you email before, my add. bochris8@gmail.com

It has been sent to your mail. Please download the attached file and follow the link to view the video footege. i really wish i could get a Nigerian manufacturer for this product but i did not find a serious one. Let me know what your decision is on this machine but yet i still srongly advise that you evaluate the financial implication of the machine with your current method. if there is any difficulty in doing that, Pls Contact STP Consult.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 9:24pm On Aug 04, 2013
ajibaby 2: Pls, i need your opinion on dry cleaning biz. I want to start up one in my locality. How much do i need and what do i need to consider for a start.
Hello
What you need, to start up a dry cleaning busness in your lacality depends on how you want to run your business(Manual Based or Machine Based) but how ever you choose to run it, consider the provision for the following
1. A laundry space (backyard of your house would save you cost to acquire a laudry space outside your house but if your home is STRICTLY residential, You have to get a laundry space somewhere else).
2. Washing Machine ( if you are considering Machine Based )
3. Electricty (think PHCN, think backup till our dream nigeria arrives).
4. Ironning Materials.
5. A cloth line ( to dry the cloths but if you use machine, you still need this)
6. Steady water supply
Other day to day cost include
0. Labour cost ( if you set up a machine base, you need labour too) PLUS Washing Equipments
1. Various types of soap and detergent, starch etc
2. Transport( consider this in constructing your mode of operation i.e should you go collecting cloths or sit back for clients to bring it to you)
3. Advertisement Cost ( this should not cost you much with latest modern technology and your personal effort except you plan to establish a Nation Wide dry cleaning service)
4. Packaging cost.
Basically, you should consider your location as this is Very, Very and Very Important to determine the type of cleaning service you will be rendering (FULL option or just wash, dry, iron and deliver).
But before you start at all, draw out your plan and make your market survey to know what type of dry cleaning service is needed in your locality.

Pleas open the page(0) of this thread and be familiar with a bit of other things you need to consider in dry cleaning business. open the blog link too and read more on dry cleaning.
You may contact me if you need to draw out a Business Plan.

1 Like

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
Jprime: Pls op i av 20k, will it be enough to start a weavon nd attachment business. Tanks
Hello Jprime.
This is a normal trading business as i presume that you just buy and sell it.
For 20k to be enough, please consider the type you want to be selling.
1. The purchase Cost (I believe we have various types at diferent prices, some below 1k some above 100k)
2. The usual selling cost
3. The maket for it (your customers)

I must also say that this type of trading business work prety well for people that own a beaty saloon. if you dont have one, consider attaching to someone that has but doesnt sell weavon and attachment.
i must also remind you to consider how frequent people buy new weavin and attachment( i believe they are re-useable items)
Considering other factors too, you might want to consider investing your 20k in other business too - wire work is another option, although, they are re-usable, but customers cant just be satisfied with just one deisgn and you can easily attach the business to your existing day to day life activity. check the page (0) for other business you can do gainfully with 20k but also, if you have a ready made market(buyer) the weavon and attachment, pls buy, sell, keep your gain and look for other buyers before you buy again.

If you require any other thing, pls feel free to post or mail.

1 Like

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 9:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
amtheone:

Ok. Well we don't know the quantity involved and price index but whatever it is, I believe there is a way forward. He may need to reduce price like u rightly pointed out.

He may also has to go elsewhere still in the same Onitsha about from the conventional market where he can market the watch like schools(higher institutions etc).

Ok sir, i long for it
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by Jprime: 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
Tanks op
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by Jprime: 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
Tanks @ op
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by Buchika: 11:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
syllang:

It has been sent to your mail. Please download the attached file and follow the link to view the video footege. i really wish i could get a Nigerian manufacturer for this product but i did not find a serious one. Let me know what your decision is on this machine but yet i still srongly advise that you evaluate the financial implication of the machine with your current method. if there is any difficulty in doing that, Pls Contact STP Consult.
thanks for the link sir, I really appreciate your effort, I have already downloaded the pdf file and watched the video footage, I will do some research on those machine, I will get back to you soon. Thanks once again.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 11:46pm On Aug 04, 2013
Jprime: Tanks @ op
You are always welcome.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 11:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
Buchika: thanks for the link sir, I really appreciate your effort, I have already downloaded the pdf file and watched the video footage, I will do some research on those machine, I will get back to you soon. Thanks once again.
Ok sir, the research is very necessary. I shall expect you back too. Thanks.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by theodavid: 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
Tanks so much for your advice u gave d best answer nd solution
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by theodavid: 7:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
syllang:

Only if I get an exact picture of your mode of operation so I may advise you,
1. What price has been affected by other sellers buying from china, is it the price you buy it at china or the price you sell it at onitsha,
2. Do you distribute to retail sellers or you sell it in units by yourself.

I want to understand that
1. The price affected is the selling price in onitsha.
2.That you distribute to retail sellers.
From my own understanding, I will say the market is very competitive so you must be sensitive to the price you sell your watch but what you need to do to survive in such a competitive market is to improve on your marketing strategy by
Cutting down on your running costs and let your customers enjoy price advantage from you as a result of the cost you have cut. Increase your distributors line(get more distributors and dominate the market or you use sales agents)

I must inform that doing a market survey is very important before comiting money into trading and manufacturing business

Finaly, I realy wish I could help more by getting you people to supply but I don't have anyone to introduce to you currently, pls make effort to improve on your marketting strategy as I indicated above.
If my understanding is wrong about your position pls do reply, thanks.
tanks for your advice but i want ask how can someone buy and import tintomatoes into nigeria are there so do and dont or anytin wrong with it
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 4:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
theodavid: tanks for your advice but i want ask how can someone buy and import tintomatoes into nigeria are there so do and dont or anytin wrong with it

I am very sorry for the unavoidably late reply.
I really dont think there is any restriction on importation of tin tomatoes into nigeria but eye brows are being raised about the amount nigeria spend on tin tomatoe importation. I really do not know much on this issue, you may like to do more research on this before considering it sir.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
Buchika: thanks for the link sir, I really appreciate your effort, I have already downloaded the pdf file and watched the video footage, I will do some research on those machine, I will get back to you soon. Thanks once again.
how far have you gone in your research sir? Hope the link was of good use to you?
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2013
amtheone:

I really have waited for your communication sir. Hope no problem at all sir. Lets not wait for too long again sir, Send the sample as discussed and lets set to work. thanks
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by theodavid: 8:46am On Aug 18, 2013
syllang:

I am very sorry for the unavoidably late reply.
I really dont think there is any restriction on importation of tin tomatoes into nigeria but eye brows are being raised about the amount nigeria spend on tin tomatoe importation. I really do not know much on this issue, you may like to do more research on this before considering it sir.
tanx
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 18, 2013
@ syllang. I reali wanna start a business tired of searching for jobs. I have 350k. I am interested in having a brand of my weavon. Do you know how I can source for that? Thanks
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by medman: 11:56am On Aug 20, 2013
gudmorning syllang. am an auto dealer and av been in this Business for abt three years now and its been good though it has low and high times too. but i want to diversify into taxi or cab services as i have some idle cars which i can use for this purpose, i have no prior experience in dis taxi business whatsoever . i plan to operate and manage it myself but i need some guidelines on how to start and driver management. i will be so glad if u or anybody on this thread can put me through.tnx in anticipation.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by omonjerry: 12:26am On Aug 22, 2013
Hello I want to set up photo printing and business centre together in lag I need advice from u aboout the biz.thanks
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
median: gudmorning syllang. am an auto dealer and av been in this Business for abt three years now and its been good though it has low and high times too. but i want to diversify into taxi or cab services as i have some idle cars which i can use for this purpose, i have no prior experience in dis taxi business whatsoever . i plan to operate and manage it myself but i need some guidelines on how to start and driver management. i will be so glad if u or anybody on this thread can put me through.tnx in anticipation.

Diversification in business, is a recognised system of keeping the heart and soul of any business investment together and

Starting a taxi or cab business is like the normal transportation business(in terms of management) except that they have different Mode of operation(cab is on hire or charter) which you should consider when you are designing your operational plan as I recommend you to write out your plan to describe
1. Your mode of operation
2. Your target market e.g road side passenger that just call *T a x i* or companies and businesses who may need cab service or small families
3. Your needed materials or asset e.g the vehicle
4. How you will incure cost or how you will handle your fueling expenses and repairs( plan more on increasing cost of repair from 2nd or 3rd year)
5. how you will bill your customers
6. And how you will reach out to prospestive customers
7. Sumarise these plans in financial terms e.g budget for the first and second year of operation
With this you can easily know how the business would turn out to be.

On Management
1. If you are going to be driving the cab yourself, then you may put your management skills to use.
2. If you are hiring a driver, I suggest you go into contractual agreement with him that will make him responsible for minor repairs and expenses plus you must see your cab everyday or weekly (if your mode of operation is for the driver to search for customers with the cab).
In short. Designing your management structure is important when you are designing your mode of operation.

Finally, you may take a cue on this.
' 1. Advertise to attract attention of prospective customers e.g by use of business cards. Approved and decent posters and stickers, bulk sms or email (but avoid spamming) indicating your contact address and any other advert means you can use to get to your prospective customers.
2. Get a driver or you
3. When you receive a call from a customer, finalise your negotiation immediately, and set to work
4. Save part of the income for vehicle replacement.

NB. You may need a brand name for your cab service and also make sure you include all legal issues in your plan e.g licenses and car safety materials to prevent disappointing your customers and ensure safe driving too

With this, you can start by putting together YOUR PLAN and if you need assistance in putting up one for you, pls feel free to contact STP Consult.
For partnership, contact STP Consult.
For any other issue, post or send to my mail.

1 Like

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
omonjerry: Hello I want to set up photo printing and business centre together in lag I need advice from u aboout the biz.thanks

If you are going to incure any of the following cost,
1. Renting a Space
2. Paying Workers e.g salary
3. Electricity or generator fueling
then it is important you establish your business in the HEART of the Market e.g government agencies that deals in form submision, schools e.g higher institutions.
Those are time to time expenses you can't minimize, so you need a busy market.

If you won't be incuring ANYONE of those 3 expenses, then you must work hard on your advertisement to get jobs and with time, you will recoup your capital and start earning profit.

Your feedback is welcomed if you need any other assistance.

1 Like

Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
diegs: @ syllang. I reali wanna start a business tired of searching for jobs. I have 350k. I am interested in having a brand of my weavon. Do you know how I can source for that? Thanks

Sorry for this late reply.
If I understand you, you want to start manufacturing weavon.
In that wise, please make research on weavon manufacturing or we recommend that you get trained by someone who MANUFACTURES weavon and not someone who KNOWS how to manufacture weavon.

If you need us at STP Consult to make research for yor you. Pls contact us.
For anyother assistance, please feel free to reply
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by Blaze124: 10:23am On Sep 01, 2013
Pls, i want to go into buying n supplying of plantain in my locality since the supply dont meet the demand. Pls where can i source plantain at a very cheaper price here in the east Or south south?
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 8:39am On Sep 02, 2013
Blaze124: Pls, i want to go into buying n supplying of plantain in my locality since the supply dont meet the demand. Pls where can i source plantain at a very cheaper price here in the east Or south south?
The best type of business is the one that has a ready made market just like your case, so do not lose your idea

As much as I know, there are plaintain plantations both in the east and south south but considering the price depends on who you buy from. So contact suppliers from both side and ask for their prices PLUS consider transport cost, if you decide to buy in south south.
Consider not only the price but also transportation cost.
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 8:51am On Sep 02, 2013
Hello to all Business guru in the house and Happy new month.
Here is our token for the new month.
www.akinsolajegede./2013/09/01/a-sure-way-to-revive-low-sales-and-patronage/

This is another encouraging series from STP Consult to help drive your business to success.
For more info, drop your message and we shall reply you in goodspeed
Re: How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management by syllang(m): 9:49am On Sep 07, 2013
To all the Business Aspirant in the house.
Ideas don't make business - if you do not put them into use.
If your idea seems to be great, it can indeed become great by taking a determined step.

To all I am a full time worker and I want to start a business.
Running a business requires so much of the owner's time and effort that full time workers can rarely provide.
If doing business in this present state(employed full time) is very much desired?
1. Consider trading e.g buying and selling (opening a trading store/shop/mart) and employ store attendant to operate.
If you may reason with me here, having a trading store only require you to monitor your stock and sales frequently to cut the excesses of your attendant. This you can do at your irregular convenience. Other functions to improve your business, like advertisement, can be instructed with your wake up call to your attendant.
What about purchasing your stock? Funny you, I didn't say you won't put any effort at all but I assume you don't work 24/7/365days. So schedule part of your free time for getting new stock.

2. Consider investing in a growing businesses You may negotiate to provide the business with their operational machine in return for a periodic income. And other numerous ways you may think of that an investor may come into a business.

3. Finally, if your idea is so much desired and your time at work is a constraint, consider getting a front man that can attend to all operational concerns. I mean an operational manager but this is the craziest idea of all time because the risk of losing out is infinite especially if it is easy for your manager to break off.

In all, ideas become great when the output succeed. Take a step today.

Drop your question, contribution and addition. we shall reply in good speed.

For more info and as usual, contact us at STP Consult (Managing business, supervising projects) for your business solution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Business To Invest In Nigeria With 20 Million Naira / How To Make Money On Twitter From Nigeria / More Attractive Names for Products Made in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.