Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage (21373 Views)

A Northerner's View About Buhari Handshake And Aisha's Under-age Marriage / Under Age Marriage In Nigeria / Gay Marriage Vs Under Age Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by Freewilly(f): 1:29am On Jul 23, 2013
Very typical of someone from that part of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by YoshiMaster: 1:35am On Jul 23, 2013
naptu2: Some have said that the ambiguity in section 4b could lead to the legalisation of marriages of people under the age of 18. However, others argue that it won't because, according to the Child Rights Act, it is illegal to marry anyone below the age of 18. The marriage would be illegal at the time it is being contracted, while section 4b deals with a woman that is already married. But note that the Child Rights Act has only been domesticated in 24 states.

So in essence what you are saying is that all states need to adopt the Child Rights Act.

So once that is adopted, the age associated with subsection 4b should automatically become 18 years right?

Any idea of the hold up in all states adopting this Child Rights Act?
Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by Nobody: 1:43am On Jul 23, 2013
Wonder shall neva cease
Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by naptu2: 1:46am On Jul 23, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

So in essence what you are saying is that all states need to adopt the Child Rights Act.

So once that is adopted, the age associated with subsection 4b should automatically become 18 years right?

Any idea of the hold up in all states adopting this Child Rights Act?

1) There were already many underage wives when Aminu Kano made the proposal in 1979 and there was no Child Rights Act. Also note that the subsection does not legalise the act of marrying a child. It only addresses the issue of girls that are already married.

2) Read this article. It has a list of states that have passed the Child Rights Act and those that have not. It also speculates the reasons why it has not been passed in some states.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/nigerian-child-and-the-child-rights-act/

1 Like

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by Nobody: 2:08am On Jul 23, 2013
There's no reason for the (b) part of the clause to be included because it is open to all assumptions and criminal activities by certain men. This is the reason why 33 out of the 35 are Northerners. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by naptu2: 2:14am On Jul 23, 2013
stillwater: There's no reason for the (b) part of the clause to be included because it is open to all assumptions and criminal activities by certain men. This is the reason why 33 out of the 35 are Northerners. grin grin

I agree with you. I don't like the ambiguity in 4b.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by tpia5: 2:16am On Jul 23, 2013
naptu2: The 1979 constitution did not contain provisions for renunciation of citizenship. During constitutional review debates in 1979 Aminu Kano (the leader of the PRP) felt that the age of 18 years used in subsection 4a was an arbitrary western concept of maturity. The legislators in 1979 at the time agreed with the PRP argument and subsection 4b was included.

That section has been in the constitution since then. It reads thus (I've also included subsection 4):

29. (1) Any citizen of Nigeria of full age who wishes to renounce his Nigerian citizenship shall make a declaration in the prescribed manner for the renunciation.

(4) For the purposes of subsection (1) of this section.

(a) "full age" means the age of eighteen years and above;

(b) any woman who is married shall be deemed to be of full age.

The constitution is currently being amended and rights groups have called for the deletion of subsection 4b.

You need 2/3rds majority of votes in the senate, house of representatives and 2/3rds of all the state houses of assembly in order to amend the constitution.

2/3rds of the senators present at that time = 73 votes. The senate voted and more than 73 senators voted that 4b should be deleted. The senate moved on to other clauses.

A while later, Senator Yerima raised a point of order that subsection 4b cannot be deleted because deleting it is against islamic law. He stated that in islam, a woman is deemed to be of full age once she has gotten married. The Senate President, David Mark, reminded Yerima that the Senate has a tradition that it does not re-visit a clause once it has been voted on, but Senator Yerima continued to protest.

Eventually the Senate President agreed to hold a second vote. This time 60 senators voted that the subsection should be removed, while 35 voted that it should not be removed. They couldn't get 2/3rds majority.

Section 4b stands.

I wonder why Mark agreed to hold a second vote.

Some have said that the ambiguity in section 4b could lead to the legalisation of marriages of people under the age of 18. However, others argue that it won't because, according to the Child Rights Act, it is illegal to marry anyone below the age of 18. The marriage would be illegal at the time it is being contracted, while section 4b deals with a woman that is already married. But note that the Child Rights Act has only been domesticated in 24 states.

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by tpia5: 2:16am On Jul 23, 2013
the constitution is currently being amended and rights groups have called for the deletion of subsection 4b.

which rights groups are those.
Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by bobthebuilder99(m): 2:18am On Jul 23, 2013
The worst thing a man can do is lie about an action he has taken.

If you think you did the right thing, then SAY SO. Like Yarima.

If you think you did the wrong thing, then apologize and SAY SO.

What a coward.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by DisCountry: 2:35am On Jul 23, 2013
these contradictions frm 'distinguished' senators only shows d quality of representation we get when we vote for money that passes thru our pockets! for God's sake an FCA for dat matter, may be he should have been left alone counting the beans he knows how to do best rather than law making which requires deeper reasoning. how Yerima was able to manipulate (...violate) u guys still beat my imagination! you can't claim ignorance of his antecedents except u only go to the house to raise up ur hands in 'i support" syndrome.
is it not the same islam they are practicing in other climes like indonesia, malaysia etc?
i can understand Mark's position as he has been under severe attacks frm the northern religious bigots of recent, but U!! no way, u ar guilty as pronounced, no double speak will be tolerated.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by MrMcJay(m): 2:36am On Jul 23, 2013
Freewilly: Very typical of someone from that part of Nigeria.

Here is another shepopotamus talking.

1 Like

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by biafranqueen: 2:51am On Jul 23, 2013
manny4life: This man is just A SORE LOSER and a FREAKING HYPOCRITE, and did I mention a LIAR?

How about this?

Why is this man contradicting himself?
grin grin
Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by nijanigga: 3:00am On Jul 23, 2013
I promised to forward the controversial under-aged marriage bill to Yahoo.com and they have done so. You can go back and read the promise.
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/islamic-secular-laws-clash-nigerias-senate-175330626.html

1 Like

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by Nobody: 3:12am On Jul 23, 2013
ola_pluto: Well understood Senator. We know those who jump on bandwagon are not the intelligent ones. That Section 29 NEVER mentioned or endorsed child marriage. As long as it serves some emergency activists purpose, they conveniently twisted the whole thing. Stella Damascus even made a video highlighting her misinformation. Many cosmetic activists on twitter, facebook and even here on nairaland needed to get busy, so they picked on Yerima. When they all settle down to digest the bill, I hope the reasonable ones among them will retract and apologize.

What have you understood,Mr intelligent. You and Yerima are so disgusting. How do you feel sleeping with a 13 year old girl when you are 64.
Gush!!!spits on you and Yerima and walks away from the thread.
Don't think I'll reply on this your disgusting post. This topic brings to mind the agony all the trauma old disgusting men are putting underdeveloped girls through. Their organs are not even fully developed.gushh!!!! spits again

2 Likes

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by Banjoramos(m): 3:35am On Jul 23, 2013
We leave what is best for us and practising what is wrong ......what a misery world

1 Like

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by nbright: 3:52am On Jul 23, 2013
Politicians!.... Isn't he the same AYO that casted his vote in "error"?... These guys are just great at telling lies and distorting the truth..
Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by delors(m): 3:54am On Jul 23, 2013
PRESS RELEASE BY SENATOR AYO AKINYELURE
Senator Ayo: DISTINGUISHED SENATOR Dr. AYO AKINYELURE,FCA representing Ondo Central at the upper Chamber of the National Assembly, hereby wish to make the following clarifications on the above subject- matter to correct the wrong allegations of VOTING INFAVOUR OF 'UNDER AGE MARRIAGE' as widely reported in the PUNCH NEWSPAPER of July, 20th 2013 on Pages 9-11. Which has now been subjected to various interpretations.

What the Senate considered for determination under the review of Nigerian Constitution was RENUNCIATION OF CITIZENSHIP UNDER THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION.

THE QUESTION BEFORE THE SENATE FOR DETERMINATION WAS WHETHER A CLAUSE WHICH PROVIDES THAT "a married woman is deemed to be of full age to renounce her CITIZENSHIP OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA SHOULD BE RETAINED OR BE DELETED?

Section 29(1) of the Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria provides that "Any citizen of Nigeria of full age who wishes to renounce his Citizenship shall make a declaration in the prescribed manner for the RENUNCIATION"

The question before the SENATE FOR WHICH I VOTED I INFAVOUR WAS THAT A MARRIED WOMAN IS DEEMED TO BE OF FULL AGE TO RENOUNCE HER NIGERIAN CITIZENSHIP.

THIS IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM VOTING IN FAVOUR OF 'UNDERAGE MARRIAGE' as now widely reported in the Media to blackmail Senators of FRN that believed in peaceful co-existence of Nigeria as a Nation.

I wish to EMPHATICALLY MAINTAINED THAT, I NEVER VOTED INFAVOUR OF UNDERAGE MARRIAGE AS WRONGLY REPORTED IN THE MEDIA. WHAT I VOTED FOR WAS THAT " a married woman is deemed to be of full age to renounced her citizenship of FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA as entrenched in the CONSTITUTION SINCE 1999.

This implied that RENUNCIATION OF NIGERIAN CITIZENSHIP IS QUITE DIFFERENT FROM AGE OF MARRIAGE OF NIGERIAN CITIZENS UNDER THE CONSTITUTION OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, I SUBMITTED THIS CLARIFICATIONS TO THE WHOLE NIGERIA AND THE WORLD AT LARGE, THAT MY PEOPLE IN ONDO CENTRAL AND GOVERNMENT OF ONDO STATE DID NOT SUPPORT UNDER AGE MARRIAGE IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS.

Is that why you have to kill us with this grammatical holocaust? If them nor leak the names of these pedo-philips, would you have come out to 'clarify anything'? Abeg spare us your sorry story jare. We know you are trying to savage your political career but mehn, 'You can fool us once, you cannot fool us forever'
Ordinarily, in the face of these growing protests and public outcry, these guys ought to have resigned long time...but as per say na Nigerian politics, 'resignation' nor dey feature for the politicians' dictionary until dem disgrace them commot for office. Yeye people.

1 Like

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by olapluto(m): 4:01am On Jul 23, 2013
Kamsy10:

What have you understood,Mr intelligent. You and Yerima are so disgusting. How do you feel sleeping with a 13 year old girl when you are 64.
Gush!!!spits on you and Yerima and walks away from the thread.
Don't think I'll reply on this your disgusting post. This topic brings to mind the agony all the trauma old disgusting men are putting underdeveloped girls through. Their organs are not even fully developed.gushh!!!! spits again
What has renouncing citizenship got to do with sleeping with underaged girls? This is a constitutional issue and not a moral one. I wonder why this hypothetical old man marrying young girl comes forth always. I was against the initial marriage of Yerima to the Egyptian girl when it happened. This time around, it is a different issue, but you have chosen to spit blindly rather than think deep.
Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by delors(m): 4:10am On Jul 23, 2013
ola_pluto: Well understood Senator. We know those who jump on bandwagon are not the intelligent ones. That Section 29 NEVER mentioned or endorsed child marriage. As long as it serves some emergency activists purpose, they conveniently twisted the whole thing. Stella Damascus even made a video highlighting her misinformation. Many cosmetic activists on twitter, facebook and even here on nairaland needed to get busy, so they picked on Yerima. When they all settle down to digest the bill, I hope the reasonable ones among them will retract and apologize.
Bros, noooooooooooo! I restrained from this very strong temptation to call you a name. I am a changed individual grin grin grin...But then, these guys knew what thy were doing. truth is that:
1. they never knew that the names of these guys WHO voted would be published
2. They knew the implication of voting against that particular clause of the section....a lawyer could interpret that in many ways. We were lucky to have been informed on the implication of such a move
3. They never knew that Nigerians would understand the implication of wiping that clause out of the constitution.
Wake up bro and get a good understanding of the law. If they say, "As from 6pm, children can no longer play outside their homes" a good lawyer could interpret this to be so many things like 1. curfew after 6pm 2. who is a child? What is the age bracket of a child? 11? 12? 13? 17? If a 30yr old man still has the brain of a 10yr old, then he is a child...the law is a criminally-minded document written by criminals...take a cue from Zimmerman's Self-Defense and Stand Your Ground clauses in the US constitution and how he won the Trayvon's case with these...we are enlightened bro. We know what's up

5 Likes

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by phildon: 4:10am On Jul 23, 2013
dayokanu:

[img]http://1.bp..com/-wO2jNBnZ4PM/Uezu9I42iKI/AAAAAAAAADk/5baY2AyJS_E/s1600/ayo+akinselure.jpg[/img]

http://myondostate.com/w3/update-ondo-senator-akinyelure-states-his-case-in-reaction-to-pedophile-vote/
http://www.childnotbride.com/2013/07/press-release-by-senator-ayo-akinyelure.html
That is Nigeria and her gullible youths for you. I think the Senator's explanation is just too clear. If you have anything against Senator Yerima, I think it's entirely a different issue.
Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by delors(m): 4:17am On Jul 23, 2013
phildon: That is Nigeria and her gullible youths for you. I think the Senator's explanation is just too clear. If you have anything against Senator Yerima, I think it's entirely a different issue.
But then, Senator yerima himself came out to say he would d everything to support under age marriage or did you not read that, Mr smart youth? every word of the law is a criminally-written one that makes a crime a good thing. those guys knew the implication of wiping out that clause...especially the northerners or do u think they just came to the house and someone just said let us wipe that clause out of the constititution? No. They had meetings with seasoned lawyers before coming to the house. They knew what they were doing. The names was published by an opposition member, that's how we got to know about this move, if not, it would have gone the way, so many others we do not know, had gone. This is politics bro, it is not for the feeble minded or the uninformed. Don't call the youth gullible...it is inappropriate

3 Likes

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by olapluto(m): 4:17am On Jul 23, 2013
delors:
Bros, noooooooooooo! I restrained from this very strong temptation to call you a name. I am a changed individual grin grin grin...But then, these guys knew what thy were doing. truth is that:
1. they never knew that the names of these guys WHO voted would be published
2. They knew the implication of voting against that particular clause of the section....a lawyer could interpret that in many ways. We were lucky to have been informed on the implication of such a move
3. They never knew that Nigerians would understand the implication of wiping that clause out of the constitution.
Wake up bro and get a good understanding of the law. If they say, "As from 6pm, children can no longer play outside their homes" a good lawyer could interpret this to be so many things like 1. curfew after 6pm 2. who is a child? What is the age bracket of a child? 11? 12? 13? 17? If a 30yr old man still has the brain of a 10yr old, then he is a child...the law is a criminally-minded document written by criminals...take a cue from Zimmerman's Self-Defense and Stand Your Ground clauses in the US constitution and how he won the Trayvon's case with these...we are enlightened bro. We know what's up
I dont mind you calling me names, it doesnt really bother me. Please provide your interpretation of how section 29 b (4) links with supporting child bride. If you can do that, then we can have an intellectual convo.
You might want to read this review before coming back: http://telegraphng.com/2013/07/misguided-campaign-on-child-brides-12/
Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by delors(m): 4:27am On Jul 23, 2013
ola_pluto:
I dont mind you calling me names, it doesnt really bother me. Please provide your interpretation of how section 29 b (4) links with supporting child bride. If you can do that, then we can have an intellectual convo.
You might want to read this review before coming back: http://telegraphng.com/2013/07/misguided-campaign-on-child-brides-12/
Jeez! Ola, did you freaking read this article before you directed me to it or you just assumed since brother Tunde in your backyard said it had nothing to do with child marriage, then you took that as gospel truth? Here is the last part of the article you directed me to read. Plead read carefully or get in touch for more enlightenment on it:
article: It is a struggle to see how, from a literal reading of s.29(4)(b) CFRN, it can be interpreted that the ability of a married female child to renounce her citizenship amounts to an endorsement of child marriage. Therefore, this campaign should be driven by a proper legal base e.g. why the 2003 Child Rights Act is not receiving any attention, or a proposal for the restriction of religious freedom, rather than misconstruing s.29(4)(b).
As can be deciphered from the preceding paragraphs, deleting s.29(4)(b) would not make child marriage unlawful.
If there is a,literary confusion or ambiguity, then it is easy for lawyers to defend a 67yo who marries an 11yo...lawyers don't live on clearly stated documents or expressions, they thrive on ambiguities...that's the message bro

1 Like

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by kochees: 4:27am On Jul 23, 2013
what kind of name is that?
Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by occam(m): 4:29am On Jul 23, 2013
naptu2:

1) There were already many underage wives when Aminu Kano made the proposal in 1979 and there was no Child Rights Act. Also note that the subsection does not legalise the act of marrying a child. It only addresses the issue of girls that are already married.

2) Read this article. It has a list of states that have passed the Child Rights Act and those that have not. It also speculates the reasons why it has not been passed in some states.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/nigerian-child-and-the-child-rights-act/

Does section 4b really encourage more underage marriages or does it offer some protection for girls in these relationship?

if it confers the right to renounce citizenship then what other rights can be advocated to empower these disadvantaged girls? Right to education, own asserts etc

Yetima may be a Poster boy for underage marriage, the practice is well entrenched in Northern Nigeria. So how do we enforce any legislation?

Civil rigth advocates should focus on "empowerment of the girl bride" and over time make it more difficult for the practise to continue.
Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by olapluto(m): 4:31am On Jul 23, 2013
Misguided campaign on child brides (1/2)

Author(s): Mavi Mudiaga

The recent Constitutional Review by the Nigerian Senate has caused some uproar over the resolve to retain section 29(4)(b) of the Nigerian Constitution (CFRN). Subsequent to this resolution, Nigerians began a campaign- #ChildNotBride- on the misguided premise that the retention of this provision of the CFRN somehow endorses child marriage. While this article shall discuss how this campaign is somewhat misplaced, in the sense that it rests on a wrong legal foundation, Part II of the series shall discuss issues that the Senate ought to have considered while reviewing s.29(4)(b).

Has the Senate endorsed child marriage? As an objective lawyer, my answer to this question is in the negative. To avoid being misunderstood, I do not argue that child marriage should not be condemned; rather, I argue that this campaign should not be because of the Senate’s resolution to retain s.29(4)(b) CFRN.

s.29(4)(b) CFRN deals with CITIZENSHIP and not marriage or indeed, marriageable age.

The masquerade

To kick start this discussion, I call s.29(4)(b) a masquerade. A masquerade means anything that has the quality of a “false outward show”, a “façade”, or exists “under false pretences.” Section 29(4)(b) in effect creates an automatic irrefutable presumption that any married woman is of full age whereas s.29(4)(a) clearly states that full age means eighteen years and above. As such, s.29(4)(b) creates a façade that so long as a female is married, she is of full age. It takes for granted, the fact that some married females are not women; they are children and therefore cannot be said to be of full age.

To retain, or not to retain

One wonders how or why the sensitive issue of child marriage was introduced in the context of a resolution under Chapter III of the Constitution. The call by Senator Ike Ekweremadu was in respect of s.29(4)(b), which deals with the definition of full age ONLY for the purpose of renouncing one’s Nigerian citizenship. To the best of my knowledge, he was not suggesting a minimum marriageable age for Nigerians.

Section 29 CFRN states:

(1) Any citizen of Nigeria of full age who wishes to renounce his Nigerian citizenship shall make a declaration in the prescribed manner for the renunciation.
(2) …
(3) …
(4) For the purposes of subsection (1) of this section,
a. “full age” means the age of eighteen years and above;
b. any woman who is married shall be deemed to be of full age (emphasis supplied).
The first rule in statutory interpretation is to look at the ordinary or natural meaning of the words used- the literal rule. Another canon of statutory interpretation is expressio unius est exclusio alterius (the express mention of one thing means the exclusion of others)-. Applying these principles to s.29(4)(b), it is clear that the Constitution provides that it is only for the purpose of s.29(1) CFRN that a married female is presumed to be of full age. It is worth mentioning that s.29(4)(b) CFRN is the only provision in the CFRN that presumes that a married woman is of full age.

It is baffling to see how s.29(4)(b) CFRN being retained endorses child marriage, as some eager, hot-blooded, misinformed individuals purport to argue. I say these individuals are misinformed because it is doubtful that they have read the actual provision or even other parts of the Constitution. Although child marriage is repugnant, s.29(4)(b) does not endorse it; child marriage is attributable to other provisions in the Constitution. For example:

Section 38 CFRN- freedom of religion, including a person’s right to practice and observe his chosen religion; and
Section 42 CFRN- the fundamental right not to be subjected expressly or practically, to any restrictions pursuant to any law in force in Nigeria, owing to the person’s sex or religious beliefs (amongst others), when such restriction would not have applied if the person was not of that sex or had his/her religious beliefs.
Due to the nature of the Nigerian legal system, the country has no state religion as found in countries like Argentina, Greece, Saudi Arabia, Israel, etc. In fact, having a state religion is expressly prohibited (s.10 CFRN). It therefore follows that in the absence of a state religion, and the entrenchment of freedom of religion in the Constitution, as well as other international conventions to which Nigeria is a signatory, if a religion permits underage marriage and a Nigerian practices that religion, such practice, arguably, should be respected.
However, the right to religious freedom (s.38 CFRN) is not absolute; it may be restricted “in the interest of… public order, public morality or public health or for the purpose of protecting the rights and freedom or other persons” (s.45 CFRN). So, advocates for underage marriage on grounds of religious freedom should pay attention to s.45 CFRN. Also, advocates against child marriage should draw up cogent and convincing proposals for the restriction of a person’s right to religious freedom, which must satisfy the requirements of legitimacy and proportionality.

It is a struggle to see how, from a literal reading of s.29(4)(b) CFRN, it can be interpreted that the ability of a married female child to renounce her citizenship amounts to an endorsement of child marriage. Therefore, this campaign should be driven by a proper legal base e.g. why the 2003 Child Rights Act is not receiving any attention, or a proposal for the restriction of religious freedom, rather than misconstruing s.29(4)(b).

As can be deciphered from the preceding paragraphs, deleting s.29(4)(b) would not make child marriage unlawful.

Editor’s note: To be concluded next week.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by abifoluwa: 4:31am On Jul 23, 2013
cant believe this man is my fellow kinsmen, and he is even educated angry angry angry
Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by remarkD(m): 4:56am On Jul 23, 2013
I aiant surprised.... pspeaking from both sides of his mouth is in his blood.... add to that he's a naija politician... forgerrit!

superior1: Senator sir, I think you need a psychiatry evaluation urgently.

You mean there is nothing wrong in declaring a married 13 year old baby wise enough to renounce her citizenship?? Ode!!!
Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by EreluY(f): 5:31am On Jul 23, 2013
[size=18pt]THIS MAN IS A BIG FAT LIAR WHO IS LACKING IN INTEGRITY.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 23, 2013
I really don't understand why some people are acting like they are more intellgent by trying to force us to believe the obvious lies.

Yerima himself came out to say all sorts and included that he would happily give out his 6year old child if need be cos his religion doesn't speak against it and some people are saying shits about Nigerians bn too gullible to understand d clause and al shit..

If these thieving politicians are going to rob you of everyting...@ least make efforts to protect d future of this nation.If the likes of Chimanda, Ngozi Okonjo, Grace Alele, Alakija and co were married off early they wouldn't be were they are.

Back to the topic..Oga dudu keep quiet..Enough with your rants and lies!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N600bn Debt: Contractors Abandon Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 183 Others / Lawyers Disagree Over Sanwo-Olu’s Attempt To Takeover Corruption Cases From EFCC / Senate Condemns South-East Sit-At-Home, Asks FG To Extradite Simon Ekpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.