Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Sw Senator Betrays The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sw Senator Betrays The North (2508 Views)

Apc Chairman Oyegun Betrays The Party For Personal Gain / Apc Chairman Oyegun Betrays The Party For Personal By- Maxwell Ighado / Diezani And Kuku Betrays GEJ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sw Senator Betrays The North by Adejoro74: 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
Only Yoruba Senator Who Voted for Child Bride Apologizes For His Actions

Written by Alaba Johnson, Story by Channels TV on 22 July 2013.
0 Comments and 0 Reactions

The people of Mr Akinyelure’s Senatorial District on Monday staged a peaceful protest in Akure, the State Capital against the voting of the lawmaker representing them in the Senate for supporting the child marriage bill.

Summoned by the constituents to a meeting held at the Cultural Centre Auditorium, Akure, which is also the Senatorial headquarters, Mr Akinyelure regretted the act and apologised to the people, explaining that he cast the vote in error.

He emphasised that as a true Yoruba man, he wouldn’t have intentionally voted in support of child marriage.

He said there is still hope in correcting the situation as the bill will still be passed at the House of Representatives and the States Houses of Assembly.

The Women Leaders of Labour Party in the six local government areas in the senatorial zone who spoke on behalf of the women condemned the support of the bill which she described barbaric.

Massive protests have greeted the Senate’s passage of a resolution to retain the provision of Section 29 (4) (b) of the 1999 Constitution. Under the section, a married underage girl is deemed to be an adult.

Prominent Nigerians and human right organisations took to the social media to protest what they described as legalisation of sexual abuse of underage girls.

The protests were held in parts of the country on Saturday such as Abuja and Lagos among others. Also, petitions were signed to protest the law.

The protesters might besiege all state Houses of Assembly and the National Assembly on Tuesday to call on the Senate to reverse itself.

Those who protested queried why underage Nigerians could not exercise their franchise at the poll but were being subjected to marriage at tender age.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/only-yoruba-senator-who-voted-for-child-bride-apologizes-for-his-actions
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by baby124: 8:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hes LP though. I guess you didnt think about this post thoroughly. Other sentiments took over.
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Adejoro74: 8:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
Why can't these SWners do something and remain steadfast to it? Why must they flip flop all the time
Awo betrayed Igbos and is now begging in his grave
Tinubu betrayed Ribadu in the 2011 elections and later went to apologize and make up
Fasola betrayed Tinubu and almost got his butt kicked out of Alausa in 2011. He had to beg and grovel and pay with tons of contract awards to Tinubu
Diya Betrayed Abacha and later begged
Fasehun Betrayed MKO (so far he has not recanted, but he will soon)
This senator now betrays the north after supporting them and voting for their child abuse bill
Oduduwa betrayed olodumare and was pushed down from the skies
The ACN governors pushed Amaechi to fight GEJ, only to turn around and ask him to make up with GEJ
Obasanjo deceived AD governors to support him in 2003 with an agreement that they all will keep their posts, only for him to betray them and replace them with PDP governors.

I can go on and on.

AT THIS RATE, IT IS BECOMING INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT TO DO ANY SERIOUS, TRUST-NEEDING BUSINESS WITH SWNERS.BUHARI SHOULD BE CAREFUL HOW HE ALIGNS WITH THEM AND SHOULD REMEMBER WHAT THEY DID TO RIBADU IN 2011. THEY WILL THROW HIM (BUHARI)UNDER THE BUS IN 2015

11 Likes

Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by baby124: 8:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
That weed must be some strong stuff. grin grin grin grin

You even chat with yourself. Wonderful. Enjoy your post. kiss

1 Like

Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Adejoro74: 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
baby_123: That weed must be some strong stuff. grin grin grin grin

It's Ekiti weed, very potent.

1 Like

Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by kel4soft: 10:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
Adejoro74: Why can't these SWners do something and remain steadfast to it? Why must they flip flop all the time
Tinubu betrayed Ribadu in the 2011 elections and later went to apologize and make up
This senator now betrays the north after supporting them and voting for their child abuse
The ACN governors pushed Amaechi to fight GEJ, only to turn around and ask him to make up with GEJ

I can go on and on.

Maybe you can explain to this forum how they push Amaechi to fight GEJ
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2013
I voted in error, so u want tell me say Yoruba na offsprings of Judas. Sorry, i didn't knew . Sorry i didn't know
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by aljharem(m): 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Adejoro74: Why can't these SWners do something and remain steadfast to it? Why must they flip flop all the time
This senator now betrays the north after supporting them and voting for their child abuse

I can go on and on.

i hope you know Olodumare means God
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Tolexander: 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2013

I can go on and on.
this post also betrays wisdom!

2 Likes

Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Onlytruth(m): 10:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
Yoruba have ways of "correcting" themselves at the dying minutes of every major decision.
It is the way they survive.
We call it betrayal; they call it "sophistication".
All I know is that the same tendency will make them vote massively for GEJ come 2015.
I can bet anyone that Yoruba cannot trust the North with Nigeria's future, especially after this child marriage issue.
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Adejoro74: 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
alj harem: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i hope you know Olodumare means God

Ore mi bawo ni Yes, oh! Oduduwa betrayed God and was sent packing from the ''heavens''
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Adejoro74: 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
Tolexander: this post also betrays wisdom!

No more than your decrepit tendency to live in denial
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by ektbear: 10:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
Heh.

Better to betray the north than to betray common sense, the values that decent human beings share, and future generations.

Being friends with someone (if indeed this senator views himself as a friend of the north) doesn't mean that you should follow them into insanity.
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by CROWE: 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
Isn't the voting already done, wtf does apologizing do now?

1 Like

Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
None of ACN senators voted for the bill. The only two from the South are Akinyelure (Labour Party, Ondo State) and Ugbesia (PDP, Edo state).
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
ekt_bear: Heh.

Better to betray the north than to betray common sense, the values that decent human beings share, and future generations.

Being friends with someone (if indeed this senator views himself as a friend of the north) doesn't mean that you should follow them into insanity.

What's betrayal? How can you betray someone without a pact?
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Abagworo(m): 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
Prof Corruption: None of ACN senators voted for the bill. The only two from the South are Akinyelure (Labour Party, Ondo State) and Ugbesia (PDP, Edo state).

Which ever way we look at it, camp GEJ just got a knock out as their planned 2015 VP Yerima has his name dented. Maybe he'll be replaced with Al-Mustapha.
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Adejoro74: 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Were you there when they reached their agreement?
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
Abagworo:

Which ever way we look at it, camp GEJ just got a knock out as their planned 2015 VP Yerima has his name dented. Maybe he'll be replaced with Al-Mustapha.

Ah, that would go against T.B Joshua's instructions.
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
Adejoro74:

Were you there when they reached their agreement?
grin grin grin Why don't you publish the agreement?

1 Like

Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by ektbear: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
Prof Corruption:

The point I am making is that the original poster's (Nchara) argument is senseless.

Even if one assumes for the sake of argument that this Senator views himself as best friends with the North (which there is no real evidence for), it doesn't follow that he must vote for a bill that serves the North's interest but undermines that of his own, and the interests of his people.

Just because you and I are friends doesn't mean that I'll jump off a bridge with you.
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Adejoro74: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
Prof Corruption:
grin grin grin Why don't you publish the agreement?

Okay oh! wait for me. grin grin grin grin

You think a shophisticated Yoruba man from Ondo could have signed on to such a legislation without an agreement
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
ekt_bear:

The point I am making is that the original poster's (Nchara) argument is senseless.

Even if one assumes for the sake of argument that this Senator views himself as best friends with the North (which there is no real evidence for), it doesn't follow that he must vote for a bill that serves the North's interest but undermines that of his own, and the interests of his people.

Just because you and I are friends doesn't mean that I'll jump off a bridge with you.

Of course, it has always been senseless. You read the same nonsense with caption " SW betrays the South" but where is the pact between SW and the so called South? In another instance, you read "Awo betrayed Igbo" but where is the agreement?
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Adejoro74: 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Of course, it has always been senseless. You read the same nonsense with caption " SW betrays the South" but where is the pact between SW and the so called South? In another instance, you read "Awo betrayed Igbo" but where is the agreement?

If you had removed your Yoruba lens, you would have seen the agreement. It is glaring to the N, S and Igbos
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Onlytruth(m): 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Sometimes agreements can be verbal or even nuanced. I don't know why an educated man like you would turn logic and communication protocol on its head just to support a windy point.

NOT ALL AGREEMENTS ARE WRITTEN, and you know it.
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Adejoro74: 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
Onlytruth:

Sometimes agreements can be verbal or even nuanced. I don't know why an educated man like you would turn logic and communication protocol on its head just to support a windy point.

Don't mind him.
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
Adejoro74:
If you had removed your Yoruba lens, you would have seen the agreement. It is glaring to the N, S and Igbos

Why don't you lend me your Igbo lens?
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Adejoro74: 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Why don't you lend me your Igbo lens?

You fit wear am? E go blind you oh!!! It's truth-coated.
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
Onlytruth:

Lmao! Agreement nuanced? It's you that's turning logic upside down. What's logical and reasonable is a documented pact that can be referenced. Is Aliyu not telling GEJ that he signed a pact now? Is he saying the agreement is "nuanced" or based on words of mouth or body language?

If an agreement is not documented, anyone anywhere can claim there is one? How do you verify such claims? Do you go to court and say God is your witness to enforce such agreement?

1 Like

Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by sleekdot(m): 11:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
Onlytruth:

Agreements have to be in some forms, written or verbal.

So Eze provide evidence of either

And dont leg it to Abidjan like your people normally do
Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Onlytruth(m): 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
sleekdot:

So Eze provide evidence of either

And dont leg it to Abidjan like your people normally do

Thanks for the bolded. grin

5 Likes

Re: Sw Senator Betrays The North by Adejoro74: 11:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
sleekdot:

Are you a half baked person? How does he provide a verbal agreement?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Examining Lagos State GDP Figures / Defeat Of Boko Haram - Lest Not Forget = Billyonaire / TB Joshua’s Shocking 2014 Prophecy For Nigeria And The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.