Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage (969 Views)

Photos:The Menace Of Underaged Voters In Northern Nigeria that must be addressed / Pictures Of Underaged Kids Set To Vote 'change' In 2015 Elections / Senate Approves Marriage Of Underaged Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by Horus(m): 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by bloggernaija: 2:36am On Jul 23, 2013
This lady goes hard.
But she is naive to think that this issue concerns the First Lady ,most of the other First Ladies and their other hanger on.
Since it is not an anko party where you will find other invalids and groupies like shagaya(people who elsewhere would be running pepper soup joints), they do not give a damn
Fortunately,I think the law is unconstitutional under a presidential system .
The powers to create such a law lies with the state house of assembly ;not the National Assembly .
I hope someone challenges it in court soon.

1 Like

Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by dayokanu(m): 4:40am On Jul 23, 2013
hmmm
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by birdman(m): 5:57am On Jul 23, 2013
Isnt GEJ the ultimate enforcer of the law? Why is Yerima not in jail? This guy withdraws policemen from governors at will but will not stand up to a senator.
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by Amanwulu1(m): 6:07am On Jul 23, 2013
she certainly doesn't wnt suposedly(inteligent) states men to Go mad again. Wit apology to Abacha's daughter.
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by Amanwulu1(m): 6:15am On Jul 23, 2013
no, she probably does nt wnt suposesly responsibly men to go Mad again by accusing her of medling wit governance. Even u'll side wit mad senior citizen.
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by Brimmie(m): 6:24am On Jul 23, 2013
bloggernaija: This lady goes hard.
But she is naive to think that this issue concerns the First Lady ,most of the other First Ladies and their other hanger on.
Since it is not an anko party where you will find other invalids and groupies like shagaya(people who elsewhere would be running pepper soup joints), they do not give a damn
Fortunately,I think the law is unconstitutional under a presidential system .
The powers to create such a law lies with the state house of assembly ;not the National Assembly .
I hope someone challenges it in court soon.

What's your point??
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by sambas: 6:37am On Jul 23, 2013
you talk you are in trouble, you don't talk you are still in trouble. Nawa o! no wonder Nigeria is in this state, because people are scard to talk. Oga @ the top talked he was in trouble, govt of Rivers state talked he was in trouble, first lady talked you people were the one shouting debate with Wole soyinka. I pray she does not debate with Obama if she talks again. Because i have talked! I pray they don't say i should debate with seun, because that's suicide.Long live Nigeria, long live kogi state and long live my father.
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by nuclearboy(m): 7:51am On Jul 23, 2013
LOL - Are you people serious? You really expect PEJ to talk about perverts like Yerima sleeping with 6 year olds?

How will that help GEJ get re-elected or is that not the only thing that matters? Who cares about if 2,000,000 young girls are destroyed forever, except me and you?

Is it the same Yerima that finally arranged a meeting between GEJ and hardline muslims towards them helping him win 2015, that you want Patience Jonathan to now criticize?

Obviously, the meaning of "I don't give a damn" is lost on many of us

2 Likes

Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by jhydebaba(m): 7:58am On Jul 23, 2013
She no wan spit fire...
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by Pataki: 8:44am On Jul 23, 2013
Well spoken Stella.

I am ashamed to be a Nigerian. Adding further to your point, why are the likes of Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo, Bakare, Oyakhilome, etc.... silent on this matter? Is there no love of God in them to speak out for righteousness sake?

This is a barbaric country!
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by fiscalcliff: 8:55am On Jul 23, 2013
^^^^^^^Who told you Bakare was silent
Didn't you read what he said on Sunday about this issue? undecided
Get yo facts right before denigrating the man cool
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by Tittos: 9:04am On Jul 23, 2013
Stella should understand how this works..Shema is a supporter and friend of Gej,playing a major part in his re election. He even organised muslim clerics that promised to mop up votes for the presido..for Pej to criticise this she has indirectly pitched the presidency against Shema's beliefs and that may indirectly affect their relationship. This is Nigeria where our leaders care more about their ambitions than their ideologies(that is if they had any)..
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by homesteady(m): 9:20am On Jul 23, 2013
Out of all the people she condemned in the video, it was only PEJ you deemed it fit to pick out!!
That's the problem with some people!! They are mounting the whole blame on PEJ!!
They have not noticed all the states first ladies are silent also!!
They have not noticed that the female senators are also silent!!

They think it is a battle only PEJ can fight!! All women who are linked with the government should be blamed for keeping quiet!!
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by Wendyslim(f): 10:08am On Jul 23, 2013
Tittos: Stella should understand how this works..Shema is a supporter and friend of Gej,playing a major part in his re election. He even organised muslim clerics that promised to mop up votes for the presido..for Pej to criticise this she has indirectly pitched the presidency against Shema's beliefs and that may indirectly affect their relationship. This is Nigeria where our leaders care more about their ambitions than their ideologies(that is if they had any)..
. Right on point, speaking against may lead to him loosing votes from the north. SMH
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by Pataki: 11:15am On Jul 23, 2013
fiscalcliff: ^^^^^^^Who told you Bakare was silent
Didn't you read what he said on Sunday about this issue? undecided
Get yo facts right before denigrating the man cool
My apologies to Dr. Bakare. He is actually the only man of God in Nigeria I sincerely respect and value utmostly.

I deliberately included his name so that some foolish beings will start using their brains to see that Bakare truly speaks out when the other so-called men of god keep mute.
Re: First Lady Shuts Her Mouth Over The Issue Of Underaged Marriage by Pataki: 11:18am On Jul 23, 2013
homesteady: Out of all the people she condemned in the video, it was only PEJ you deemed it fit to pick out!!
That's the problem with some people!! They are mounting the whole blame on PEJ!!
They have not noticed all the states first ladies are silent also!!
They have not noticed that the female senators are also silent!!

They think it is a battle only PEJ can fight!! All women who are linked with the government should be blamed for keeping quiet!!

Don't worry PEJ will be inducted into NL hall of shame for her silence over this matter!

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: 26 Aspirants Pick PDP Forms For N11 Million Each / What Happened When Obama Hit Up A Local Sandwich Shop / Al-shabab Announces Sheikh Ahmed Umar As New Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.