Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship (16376 Views)

Saraki: My Original Sin Was Opposing Muslim/Muslim Ticket In The APC / 2015: Oshiomhole To Vie For APC Presidential Ticket / Ekwunife Declares To Vie For Anambra Guber Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by masterdre: 6:40am On Jul 23, 2013
The aspirants meet PDP national leadership, rule out consensus candidacy.

Twenty three people have signified interest to be candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Anambra State; and have purchased the Expression of Interest forms to contest the November 16 governorship election.

Josephine Anenih, the wife of the Chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Tony Anenih; the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Independent National Electoral Committee, INEC, Andy Uba; and the Coordinator of Foreign Affairs at the PDP national secretariat, Agape Kramer; are among the members that signified their interest by purchasing the forms for N1 million each.

Others are a former member of the House of Representatives, Nicholas Ukachukwu; a former President of the National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, and PDP chairman in Anambra, Tony Nwoye; a former Senator, Emmanuel Anosike; and Chairman, Gocuz Group of Companies, Obinna Uzor.

The national leadership of PDP had, during a meeting with the party’s stakeholders in Anambra State last week, released the guidelines for the governorship primaries beginning with the sale of Expression of Interest Form between July 18 and 19.

The party also fixed, for August 1 to 5, the sale and return of nomination forms, while the primaries and possible run-off hold August 24. It will submit the name of the eventual candidate to INEC on August 30.

Although the cost of nomination form has not been officially disclosed, sources said it may go for N5 million.

At a meeting with the party leadership on Monday at its national secretariat in Abuja, all the aspirants reportedly resolved not to pick one of them as a consensus candidate, preferring to go through the party primaries.

They also agreed that whoever emerges as the candidate should be supported by others who must not dump PDP for other parties in protest.

It was further gathered that the meeting, which was presided over by the acting Deputy National Secretary, Emmanuel Agboti, and acting National Organising Secretary, Hamisu Abubakar, resolved to shelve the use of electronic registration of the members of the party for the election.

According to a source, due to the peculiarity of the Anambra State chapter of the party, which has three factions, the meeting resolved that the factions should submit their membership lists from which the through membership would be compiled for the August 24 primary election.

The ruling party insisted at the meeting that members on the list of each faction must not only have membership cards but must produce evidence of paying their dues regularly and at the right time. This is expected to check the inclusion of names of people who were never financial members.

A source at the meeting stated that it ruled out the issue of electronic registration for the Anambra election because going by the party guidelines for primaries, the exercise should have been concluded at least a month before the ward congresses which holds on August 17.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/141458-anenih-andy-uba-nwoye-20-others-to-vie-for-pdp-ticket-in-anambra-governorship-poll.html
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by ohemmanu: 10:28am On Jul 23, 2013
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by fitzmayowa: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2013
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by exbash: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2013
kk
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by DICKtator: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2013
None of the candidate is credible a enough to contest. All doing/did disservice to Anambrians. APGA must not let these disgruntled elements into the Government house!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by vlove1: 10:31am On Jul 23, 2013
this means that 23million has been recovered thus far.

1 Like

Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by Neduzze5(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2013
grin
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by vaderemi: 10:33am On Jul 23, 2013
I pray dis Guber race dont turn to another thing in anambra considering the number of people who ve demonstrated their interest to contect
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 23, 2013
shocked :oi dey laugh
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by olivegirl(f): 10:36am On Jul 23, 2013
When the loRd remains silent elijah flee to bush. God please speak for my peoPle because it is the same set, the mind set. Give us little messiah. Who moves with tree of wisdom and understanding. We can't do it, you will
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by dridowu: 10:36am On Jul 23, 2013
Millions of naira about to be wasted, cos of 1 seat only. Any Anambra citizen should vote wisely

1 Like

Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by koolet: 10:37am On Jul 23, 2013
No be PDP?? they wuld soon regret wasting their money joining the soluble party
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by ChideraFavour(m): 10:37am On Jul 23, 2013
Commentn on d first page even at d front page, wow! Kudos 2 Dera favour
@d topic. I wish Andy uba should win d primaries sha
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by ManofSteel1: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2013
if this is the best that PDP can come up with then then Chris Ngige might only have APGA or UPP to worry about
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by point5: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2013
No mind dem,,APC al d way..Dr.Chris Ngige al d way..no way,no room 4 PDP leader in Anambra..

2 Likes

Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by Okijajuju1(m): 10:41am On Jul 23, 2013
If these are the only choice we Anambraians have to choose from, then I choose an Aboki Military Administrator from the core North!!

I hate the level where Anambra State politics is still at..

I will vote for no other person but Soludo!!

4 Likes

Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by Sophiegurl(f): 10:43am On Jul 23, 2013
Ok now, we sit down dey watch.
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2013
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by shejane: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2013
wots Andy Uba der? y cant he 4gt d dream of being a governor? as a senator d man has done nuffn so as a gov he wil stil do nuffn, abeg make he go enjoy faith nd leav gov 4 men wt action, hes weak
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by spacebus: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2013
anambra,my dear anambra...which way??
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by shejane: 10:50am On Jul 23, 2013
my vote wil go 4 ngige only if hes coming out. bt i kw it wil b hot

1 Like

Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by deshclones(m): 10:50am On Jul 23, 2013
Soludo is doing the entire Anambra nay igboland a great disservice if he refuses to contest...dude should swallow whatever pride he has and make himself available...i will use my annual vacation to go to Anambra and campaign for him if he comes out to contest..same with so many young enlightened Anambrarians...our state must move forward and reclaim its lost status as the bedrock of development in the entire black nation and soludo holds the key...posterity will not judge him well if he sits back and allow miscreants rule our beloved state...

Run soludo Run...

shejane: wots Andy Uba der? y cant he 4gt d dream of being a governor? as a senator d man has done nuffn so as a gov he wil stil do nuffn, abeg make he go enjoy faith nd leav gov 4 men wt action, hes weak

Andy Uba has sponsored more bills than ngige...he is more active in the senate than your apc ngige....fact.

3 Likes

Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by sugardaddy1(m): 10:51am On Jul 23, 2013
Where does Anenih's wife fall in the whole equation? I thought she was from Edo state.

3 Likes

Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by lexrichy(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2013
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by Zonacom(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2013
Okija_juju: If these are the only choice we Anambraians have to choose from, then I choose an Aboki Military Administrator from the core North!!

I hate the level where Anambra State politics is still at..

I will vote for no other person but Soludo!!
It appears the guy is not gonna contest.
The only names i can see up there are uba, uzor and ukachukwu. Anenih's wife just want to spend some money
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:57am On Jul 23, 2013
100 people might vie for all i care...

But the koko be say: what really is their interest? undecided
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by Etumgbe(m): 11:01am On Jul 23, 2013
wat is mrs anenih's name doing there?
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by Afam4eva(m): 11:04am On Jul 23, 2013
I've not heard anything from Soludo Concerning the elections.
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by yeboyes: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2013
Why does Anambra always present seasoned criminals as political candidates?

1 Like

Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by fuckdmods(m): 11:10am On Jul 23, 2013
chai
Re: Anenih, Uba, Others To Vie For PDP Ticket In Anambra Governorship by asha80(m): 11:12am On Jul 23, 2013
Afam4eva: I've not heard anything from Soludo Concerning the elections.
maybe he is not really interested.that is why i laugh whenever peoiple chide anambrarians if they do not vote soludo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recruitment Of 10,000 Police Officers: Application Hits 705,352 Job Seekers / PDP Reconciliation Committee Meet, Sign A Final Peace Communique (pics) / Senators ‘fight’ Over EFCC Clampdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.