Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Sunny Okosun Dead? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sunny Okosun Dead? (2235 Views)

Sunny Leone Pics Of Holi 2016 / Sunny Ade Becomes ‘born Again’ Christian / Ailing Sonny Okosun Seeks Help In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunny Okosun Dead? by Elgaxton(m): 4:56am On May 26, 2008
Sonny Okosun Is Dead, (R.I.P.)

Tru SPot and Niyitabiti are reporting that Legendary Highlife/Gospel singer Sonny Okosun, whose songs we love so much has passed away. The Legend died in the US at the age of 61 of a disease that had just started as an infection in his colon months ago.

www.niyitabiti..com gathered that Okosun, popularly known as King of Ozzidi music lost his life today, after a long battle with a disease.He died in Howard,United States of America.
An impeccable source who spoke to http://www.niyitabiti.blogpot.com/ says close family members are already in contact with some his close associates so that they can plan a beffitting burial for the 'African Soilder'exponent.He would be remembered as one of the fathers of music in the country.

He also contributed to changing the Nigerian music in the 80s and 90s.Okosun is also the founder of Hosue of Prayers' a church located in Ogba,Lagos.He was also a friend to many prominent Nigerian leaders such as Late Bashorun MKO Abiola,General Ibrahim Babangida and Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, the immediate past president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

source=====>http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index.php/content/view/9282/55
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by Dreloaded(f): 5:24am On May 26, 2008
Can we get a reasonable source please
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by Elgaxton(m): 8:50am On May 26, 2008
if dis source no reach you then go google now, the news is everywhere.
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by naijacutee(f): 10:27am On May 26, 2008
I heard too via Facebook. Not a reliable source either.
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by Dreloaded(f): 1:29pm On May 26, 2008
It's "everywhere" yet no one can post a reliable source abi?
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by welli(f): 1:34pm On May 26, 2008
@ poster,u re d third source frm which i'm hearin that 2day.hmmm . . .  a loss on d family
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by elizabetta(f): 3:02pm On May 26, 2008
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by chrisoml(m): 5:03pm On May 26, 2008
Wow when I heard the news yesterday I was shocked for a moment. May his gently soul rest in perfect peace with the Lord.
For all the doubting Thomas' which must see before they believe, that wants a full proof here are they for your confirmation;

Popular musician, Evangelist Sonny Okosuns, is dead. He was aged 61. The freedom fighter turned preacher died in Howard University Teaching Hospital, Washington D.C, United States of America last Saturday, at about 7:00p.m. Nigerian time.
Okosuns finally succumbed to death after a prolonged battle with cancer of the colon.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/may/26/national-26-05-2008-001.htm

MUSICIAN turned evangelist, Sonny Okosuns, died Saturday in Howard Hospital, Washington, D.C, losing a long running battle against cancer of the colon. He was 61.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8902&Itemid=42
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by Dreloaded(f): 2:35am On May 27, 2008
Thank you Chris smiley

very sad news. His family lived in Surulere next to my mom and grandmom, she used tov tell me stories of how when Sunny was young, he'd disturb the whole neighbour drummping on pots. sad
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by 4Him1(m): 2:38am On May 27, 2008
na real wa for this my obodo kwantiri o. Very poor or non-existent healthcare system. In other countries colon cancer is easily detected and treated. . . for naija . . . we prefer to bury our heroes with big big grammar.
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by chrisoml(m): 1:10pm On May 27, 2008
D-reloaded:

Thank you Chris smiley

very sad news. His family lived in Surulere next to my mom and grandmom, she used tov tell me stories of how when Sunny was young, he'd disturb the whole neighbour drummping on pots. sad
Yeah @D-reloaded so that means the guy already knew where he was going back then in the hoods, but your folks didn't believe in him or gave him any chance of making it to limelight back then, but at the end of the day his resilience paid off and made him famous. That what I call a focused life.
Oh may his soul rest in peace. sad

4 Him:

na real wa for this my obodo kwantiri o. Very poor or non-existent healthcare system. In other countries colon cancer is easily detected and treated. . . for naija . . . we prefer to bury our heroes with big big grammar.
You are right 4Him.
But as for me I believe that the change is here and it's now left for us to choose how we would apply it by laying the right foundation for the generation that is coming behind us.
Like my mentor will always say that we should not blame all the older people that grew up during the colonial rule. growing up with slave mentality did adversely affected them in making proper choice.
The second and the most important thing here again is the issue corruption. Until we start punishing the offenders, putting them into where they belong. whenever we get this right, everything else would fall in place just like magic. smiley
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by Dreloaded(f): 2:14pm On May 27, 2008
Yeah @D-reloaded so that means the guy already knew where he was going back then in the hoods, but your folks didn't believe in him or gave him any chance of making it to limelight back then, but at the end of the day his resilience paid off and made him famous. That what I call a focused life.

Are you drunk? If anything, when he grew up to be a musician, the whole neighborhood was amused since he's been doing it since he was a toodler hence the stories

Dont know where you got the gibberish of "not believing in him" and all that nonsense from. Next time, if you don't understand my comment(s), ask me to elobrate instead of making ridiculous posts/assumptions

Anyway, RIP Sunny.
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by chrisoml(m): 2:54pm On May 27, 2008
@D-reloaded I hate fights more especially on a forum like this.
remember am not the who said that "he'd disturb the whole neighbour drummping on pots" you did. Whatever your intentions are let it be, if not bite me!
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by Dreloaded(f): 6:38pm On May 27, 2008
chrisoml:

@D-reloaded I hate fights more especially on a forum like this.
remember am not the who said that "he'd disturb the whole neighbour drummping on pots" you did. Whatever your intentions are let it be, if not bite me!

*sighs* Nevermind

Obviously you didnt get it. Normal people would say "elaborate"

The post was p-retty much saying he's been on the musical side since he was young. Simple.
Re: Sunny Okosun Dead? by chrisoml(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2008
Ok then,
I get it now, maybe next time i would have to ask you first to elaborate
can we now shake hands then cool

(1) (Reply)

Vimana / Obsessed By The Song Ororo By Bro Joshua Iginla / Photos Of A Dwarf Nigierian Pastor Preaching At A Crusade In Kaduna(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.