Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele (30335 Views)

Photo Of Mikel Obi's Twin Girls / LATEST UPDATE: Olga Diyachenko Confirms She Is The Mother Of Mikel Obi's Twins / Two Soldiers To Face Court Martial Over Kidnap Of Mikel Obi’s Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by striker9(m): 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
Soso990240: what are u saying? Mikel plays no 4 position for chelsea,but plays no 10 for eagles.mikel would have been a beta replacement for scholes in man.u,but morinho deceived him wit money.am not a man u fan(FCB 4 life),but i know dat sir alex would hav made mikel a beta player.imagine playing for a club for up to 8years,yet u still play as though u are afraid.na swear? See small oscar de ginger 4 chelsea pass mikel.abeg,leave chelsea.
how many African player has succeeded in Man U?thinker harder bro!

1 Like

Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Saintsquare(m): 11:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
People should stop hating on this guy,is he the only Nigerian playing abroad?no matter how hard he plays,critics won't just shut up!
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by royale442(m): 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
striker9: how many African player has succeeded in Man U?thinker harder bro!
you should also tell me how many whites have succeeded in kaizer chiefs?

1 Like

Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 23, 2013
royale442: you should also tell me how many whites have succeeded in kaizer chiefs?
grin grin grin
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Afam4eva(m): 11:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
royale442: you should also tell me how many whites have succeeded in kaizer chiefs?
This was below the belt.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Testerfuze(m): 12:03am On Jul 24, 2013
shymexx:

However, Makelele played alongside Lampard and worse loose cannons and average players like: Geremi (at the twilight of his career), Geremi, Alexei Smertin, Tiago, Jarosik, and Nuno Morais. So evidently, Mikel has no excuse whatsoever, if he's to be compared to the legend of Claude Makelele.

tel me hw many of dose guys u mentioned ar actual chelsea's first team players Geremi was often used as a full back,nd again as at dat tym,chelsea ar playin wit a 4-3-3 formation wit makelele as d defensive midfielder,lampard as d centre or box 2 box nd joe cole as d attacking midfielders,so whr has jarosik nd nuno featured in all dis?? Go slip jhor.

1 Like

Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Testerfuze(m): 12:14am On Jul 24, 2013
Gwekzy: ortega n maradona played 2geda? Nawao
D guy was actually ryt...ortega did played wit maradona @ d usa 94 world cup.so nawa 4 u sef.

1 Like

Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Testerfuze(m): 12:17am On Jul 24, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin grin grin
Anything is possible on NL.
Dey played 2geda naw!! Y u guys actin lyk sum1 wu doesn't evn knw soccer
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Testerfuze(m): 12:35am On Jul 24, 2013
Soso990240: what are u saying? Mikel plays no 4 position for chelsea,but plays no 10 for eagles.mikel would have been a beta replacement for scholes in man.u,but morinho deceived him wit money.am not a man u fan(FCB 4 life),but i know dat sir alex would hav made mikel a beta player.imagine playing for a club for up to 8years,yet u still play as though u are afraid.na swear? See small oscar de ginger 4 chelsea pass mikel.abeg,leave chelsea.
C mumu....y cnt u make guys lyk anderson,gibson or evn cleverly nd turn dem 2 ur nxt scholes
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Manlado: 1:15am On Jul 24, 2013
Mikel is intelligent and dynamic. He switches roles in Nigeria and Chelsea and for Seven years still relevant. What most fans want is to see him score goals and be a leader in Chelsea as well.
Although that is no too much to ask but victory comes more often when followers do their jobs effectively.
The young man was outstanding against Spain. He didn't deserve to lose.
Good luck to Mikel whatever path life takes him.

Makelele vs Mikel. Makelele was more regarded but the game has evolved. Perhaps Mikel is better.
Maradona vs Messi. People forget easily that legs were broken deliberately without much consequences in Maradona's days. So I choose Maradona.

2 Likes

Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by BinghiNya(m): 3:32am On Jul 24, 2013
Op are u high which midfield did mikel shut down. Barca strolled thru the midfield with ease that day stop listening to hearsays.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by try69: 5:50am On Jul 24, 2013
One thing you cannot take from mikel is possession, he needs to try and get forward atimes, well.. yeah! But hey, ya'all need to give this nyygga a break, he has stood the test of time for a non-english. 8 years stay and regular is a wow anyday in any top team.

FYI, you don't know better than the coaches that have kept him cos I remember chelsea has been changing coaches like a Nigerian lady changes wrapper. Mou is even back and has not given a hint about not needing his services.

Biiitch puleeeeese

2 Likes

Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Bgino(m): 6:22am On Jul 24, 2013
even when u tap mikel to take a shot in playstation games he still passes the ball..that to him is a goal

1 Like

Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by viwesan(m): 6:34am On Jul 24, 2013
kokosheen:

Guess you're an Arsenal fan and need the consolation cheesy, anyways, sowie.

FYI, in the last 8 barren years for Arsenal business(sic) club, Chelsea has won 2 Premier League Trophies, 4 FA Cups, 1 League Cup, 1 Champions League and 1 Europa League Trophy for a total of 9 major trophies. If I also add 1 Community Shield, you might just stop posting on NL, so I'll stop cry.

I prefer Chelsea's uselessness to Arsenal business acumen (shish - you're not going to get 1 kobo from what the club directors make)

I wonder how much you made when that whisky club of yours won those trophies...!
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by zieraw2005(m): 6:37am On Jul 24, 2013
kokosheen:

You're right that Mikel needs a change of scene to try and re-enact his forward playing potential, while chelsea might suffer for the loss.
okay noted
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Hardeydamola(m): 6:40am On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Chelsea has always been suffering and they'll continue to suffer. So that shouldn't be strange.
can somebody please help me define suffering to this dumbass... Chelsea is suffering yet it has won more Trophies than Arsenal and United both Combined in the last 5 years,the only team in the u.e.f.a history to have won the champions league and the Europa cup back to back...
If chelsea is suffering then football in the world is suffering.

1 Like

Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Fitzy4real(m): 7:07am On Jul 24, 2013
Testerfuze:
C mumu....y cnt u make guys lyk anderson,gibson or evn cleverly nd turn dem 2 ur nxt scholes

Bulls eye. Perfect reply...
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by deijhi(m): 7:25am On Jul 24, 2013
cheleku: Football has since changed...the ultra defensive midfield role is dying a natural death. Unfortunately, Mikel is yet to realise this. Modern defensive midfielders like Busquet, Yaya, Javi Martinez, Alonso, Carrick are more dynamic, faster and can make fairly accurate foward passes. Same cannot be said of Mikel. The question is if Mikel can modernize his play, and the answer to that question is yes. When he dones the Nigerian jersey, the lad is something else. He makes more foward runs and passes and even dribbles more, yet retaining his defensive ability. He clearly lacks this attacking part when he plays for Chelsea. I think at Chelsea, he plays with aprehension. He is always trying to avoid making mistakes, which inadevertently dulls his game.
That's true to some extent but the likes of yaya, busquets && martinez would also have to change their game pattern if they wanna play dmf in a team like chelsea. In a team where you have hazard, mata, oscar && ramires who are always going forward, the holding midfielder is having little business upfront coz the attacking duty has bn catered for. Bear it in mind that these set of chelsea midfielders (hazard oscar && mata) are poor in defensive duties.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by towsyne: 7:47am On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Not that i like Arsenal or any team in England but Arsenal despite not winning trophies is a business team and have made a lot of money from selling their players. Chelsea on the other hand are useless in every ramification.

am very sure u knw little or nofin about club income chelsea was d 2nd earned club afta manu last season ur so called arsenal was 4th so wat are we talkin abt?
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Testerfuze(m): 7:56am On Jul 24, 2013
viwesan:

I wonder how much you made when that whisky club of yours won those trophies...!
We were @least given sumtin 2 cheer abt,we were became an elite team nd cfc fans all ova d globe had thr braggin ryt.....arsenal fans ar always afraid 2 cum out nd say d same.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by agbalej(m): 8:13am On Jul 24, 2013
Mikel lost it d day he choosed Chelshit FC over Man United FC. Be that as it may, i think he still has a lot 2 give, inspite of d fact that he hasnt been able 2 exert his authority over d Chelshit team, havin spent more than eight years there. He doesnt need 2 move elswhere 2 rediscover his potentials, like d one he dazzled us with @ d WYC, Afcon, & Cofed. He jst need 2 step up his game by presing 4ward & daring 2 score goals.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Jarus(m): 8:20am On Jul 24, 2013
shymexx: Err...Before I leave the thread, I need to ask Gawd to forgive me for once saying Mikel Obi would grow up to become Juan Riquelme in Chelsea's colours. Shyte, imma tweet the pope now and do that.

I know my nyggahs: Osa, Zen, Ade, Jermaine, Iyke and Yinka are somewhere laughing at me now, saying: "I told you, Mikel would always be a bum in Chelsea's colours."

Blasphemy is a sin punishable by a hot slap - Mikel should never be in the same sentence as Claude Makelele. Y'all need to tweet the pope and ask for forgiveness.

I'm out, yo! tongue

That was the player I remember comparing him to too in 2005. He played too similar like Riquelme of Villareal then.
Riquelme, for those who don't know, was just a poor man's version of Zidane.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Jarus(m): 8:26am On Jul 24, 2013
khalids: For all those who think Mikel is not a world class player/midfielder, please watch the video in the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M17SGuhMglc

Omho, Mikel was outstanding in that match vs Spain. He held his own against Xavi and Iniesta.

That match was remniscent of his WYC 2005 performance. The guy still has it abeg.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by felipemadero(m): 8:29am On Jul 24, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
thank you jare for letting all this arsenal bad belle realise that chelsea is far more better than them.
imagine!!!u re enumeratin d no of trophies u hav won where were u before 2004
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Ojestas(m): 8:32am On Jul 24, 2013
dojumav: F**k Chelsea... Arsenal all d way
and u av d guts to say that here,,,why are arsenal fans really shameless?...I SMH repeatedly and repeatedly for you pple...gunners indeed! shior
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by tobounty(m): 8:33am On Jul 24, 2013
Afam4eva: I can't believe the Madrid president said that about Makelele. That guy is one of the most hardworking defensive midfielders ever.

As for Mikel, i can't wait for him to leave Chelsea cos he has nothing to prove their. That's the club that made him goal shy. He has to go to another club where his full potentials will be harnessed. Chelsea is not a club where any serious player should go to.
u dis barcelona mofo damn u!
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by BinghiNya(m): 9:08am On Jul 24, 2013
Hardeydamola:
can somebody please help me define suffering to this dumbass... Chelsea is suffering yet it has won more Trophies than Arsenal and United both Combined in the last 5 years,the only team in the u.e.f.a history to have won the champions league and the Europa cup back to back...
If chelsea is suffering then football in the world is suffering.
what do u smoke, chelsea possess more trophies than united in the last 5 years, I believe counting is your problem

1 Like

Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Blizzle(m): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2013
Mikel vs Makalele comparison is a welcomed one because like the author said their presence isn't always felt on the field of play due to their role especially in Chelsea. That being said Makalele got better at his act, increasing his forward thrust and became Chelsea's best Player. Mikel has to work harder on his attacking passes and mature into a role of world class holding midfielders like Claude Makalele and Patrick Viera.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Rossikk(m): 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
shymexx:

However, Mikel doesn't have the composure, tactical awareness, and technical abilities that Makelele had. With Makelele, the team's defense and attack started with him - he was like a general on the football field. Everything started with him.

Yeah, Mikel does break the opponent's attack from time to time, but that's about it. He's not really comfortable on the ball and despite playing for Chelsea for more than 8 years now, he's yet to exert his authority on that Chelsea team. This isn't even about lack of goals - Mikel lacks what made most of the great defensive midfielders who have played the round leather game great.
Shut up and stop talking rubbish. Mikel's performance at the AFCON and Conf. Cup showed everyone his true level, outside what Chelsea confined him to. Keep pretending that that never happened. Anti Nigerian bastrd.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
Testerfuze:
D guy was actually ryt...ortega did played wit maradona @ d usa 94 world cup.so nawa 4 u sef.
and how successful was Maradona at dat world cup? D point is Ortega didnt play when Maradona achieved all his laurels.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Luiz Rejects 3-year Contract Worth £220,000 A Week Salary / Photos From The Super Eagles Match Against The Crocodiles Of Lesotho / I Knew Eagles Would Lose - keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.