Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele (30329 Views)

Photo Of Mikel Obi's Twin Girls / LATEST UPDATE: Olga Diyachenko Confirms She Is The Mother Of Mikel Obi's Twins / Two Soldiers To Face Court Martial Over Kidnap Of Mikel Obi’s Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by OlamideOkadigbo(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
Mikel can never be compared to Makelele in defensive midfield....Mikel is a good central midfielder, knows how to make passes, has sheer strength but in d Makelele role, he lacks d positional sense and tactical awareness and is sometimes found wanting in simple things like tackles. He is extremely sluggish to cover grounds as Claude did. When he looses d ball sometimes, he doesnt chase d person down like a Makelele would do. I think Mikel will be better in the deep-lying playmaker role a la Pirlo or Xavi. He interpreted that role well at the confed. cup where he had Mba and Ogude to do the running around.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by kokosheen(m): 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
viwesan:

I wonder how much you made when that whisky club of yours won those trophies...!

I didn’t make money, but was happy and basked in euphoria of a team shouldering all the criticism thrown at it and still succeeding where others have clearly failed.
This joy is what fans whose clubs win nought cannot understand or start to comprehend – the satisfaction of winning!!!
cool
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by cosify: 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
Every player,even Messi has its own weaknesses. Mikel is a fantastic player in many respects,period.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by royale442(m): 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
BinghiNya: what do u smoke, chelsea possess more trophies than united in the last 5 years, I believe counting is your problem
no, he doesn't smoke. He takes chelsea(wisky). U knw when you take it, it makes a 6 look like 9.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by stint(m): 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
ablyguy: However Mikel plays he still a good player to me. My fear right now is that Moses is about to be Mourinhonized too...
ouch!! but Mourinhonizing Moses will be a Kaita na!
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Kgdavid(m): 5:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
dayokanu:

Are you serious? Is Real madrid not in a white country? How many blacks are native to Spain sef?

Mention any club in Europe where you can compare their number of black players to white players

You too compare the number of Black players who have played for Enyimba with white and tell me if Enyimba is a racist club

typical fallacy of composition. so if spain is a "white ocuntry" then all the players in the spanish league should be white? we're talking about one of the worlds best leagues which should attract the worlds best players, many of whom are black. im not saying black players should eqaual the number of white players but im saying the ratio should be reasonable maybe 1:4 not 1:23 what kind of comparison are you making when you bring up the nigerian league? if the nigerian league was one of the best on the world you can damn well be sure that enough white players would be in the league. ok look at it this way, how many non spanish white players have played for Real Madrid? way more than black? you betcha! look the spanish league has historically been a bastion of racism and you best realize that it is not only fans who are rasict but management as well.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Kgdavid(m): 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
dayokanu:

Its simply because Jayjay wasnt good enough to play at top clubs.

Was Drogba not celebrated at Chelsea or is Mikel blacker than Drogba?

Etoo is celebrated everywhere, Its only poor players who complain about such

Weah won WPOTY, Ballon D Or as a black African

what qualities did Okocha lack to be able to play at top clubs?? you really believe that Geremi njitap was a better player than Okocha?? wow. you really belive Okocha's ceiling was Bolton wanderers? wow!!

didier drogba was not celebrated in chelsea until he stood up for himself and asked mourinho to stop using him as a donkey for lampard and others.... in his first season they would lump the ball forward to him and he would knock it into space for the next player...there are unique circumstances for every player both black and white.... if steven gerrard had left liverpool he would undoubtedly have made much more of his career. mikel needs to leave chelsea
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by passthem(m): 6:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
afam shud b very stupid for such statement.hw do u describe a useles team or player,ure such a fool.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by passthem(m): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
y do most of u nairalandas jst take to ur keyboard nd type rubish?is a must a playa plays for ur team...if a playa dosn't play for u dat terms him bad,mikel shud leav and go to ur club,pls wat tropy is Mikel lackin or is wages,pls som1 needs to keep his mouth shut and celebrate our playas irrespective of team dey play once there playa time is not a waste and there Galleries are full wth HONOURS.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by dayokanu(m): 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
Kgdavid:

typical fallacy of composition. so if spain is a "white ocuntry" then all the players in the spanish league should be white? we're talking about one of the worlds best leagues which should attract the worlds best players, many of whom are black. im not saying black players should eqaual the number of white players but im saying the ratio should be reasonable maybe 1:4 not 1:23 what kind of comparison are you making when you bring up the nigerian league? if the nigerian league was one of the best on the world you can damn well be sure that enough white players would be in the league. ok look at it this way, how many non spanish white players have played for Real Madrid? way more than black? you betcha! look the spanish league has historically been a bastion of racism and you best realize that it is not only fans who are rasict but management as well.

Show me 5 clubs in Europe that have equal black and white.

Unlike Basketball and Sprints, Whites are better at football than blacks thats why no single black country has won the world cup.

If whites are better at football then it makes sense that whites would dominate the game.

How many Ballon D or have been Blacks compared to whites.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by dayokanu(m): 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
Kgdavid:

what qualities did Okocha lack to be able to play at top clubs?? you really believe that Geremi njitap was a better player than Okocha?? wow. you really belive Okocha's ceiling was Bolton wanderers? wow!!

didier drogba was not celebrated in chelsea until he stood up for himself and asked mourinho to stop using him as a donkey for lampard and others.... in his first season they would lump the ball forward to him and he would knock it into space for the next player...there are unique circumstances for every player both black and white.... if steven gerrard had left liverpool he would undoubtedly have made much more of his career. mikel needs to leave chelsea

Jayjay is more of a circus player and entertainer . He lacks the discipline to play at a top club. Its only a club like Bolton that can allow that type of player in their fold.

Geremi understands what it takes to play as a Right back thats why he could play for Madrid and Chelsea Okocha on the other side would rather drible senselessly to entertain crowd and get applause than purposefully.

Or was Geremi whiter than Okocha??

Or tell me why top clubs avoided Jayjay all through his career yet embraced someone like Etoo and Drogba.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by ayzone: 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
justsayemma: Its an insult 2 compare Mikel n Makelele,Makalele marks far better than Mikel,Mikel is slow n lack confidence.Ramirescan play his wing far better.not that he is not good,I think he is old,but ve a young look.
hope u really know what ur sayin...ur jokin rite
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by optimus106(m): 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
Jarus: With 182 league games with no goals and an unflattering record of assists that can still be counted with two hands, John Obi Mikel is probably one of the most divisive players in Chelsea Football Club right now. His critics point out that he is a slow, uncreative and a waste of space. His supporters, on the other hand, praise his defensive discipline and selflessness to the team.

For eight years now, John Obi Mikel is part of a select crop of players who have remained in the first team despite the ever changing number of managers that enter through the club’s revolving doors. In all of those eight years, the Nigerian featured heavily in the club’s ventures and has managed to find a place for himself in every manager’s game plan, much to the delight or derision of Chelsea supporters worldwide. Now in 2013, Mikel is once again back at full circle, under the tutelage of Jose Mourinho, the man who brought the Nigerian to the club in the first place. However, news of an impending departure of the Nigerian from the club have been dominating headlines in recent weeks.

“I have a four-year contract with Chelsea, but you know, in football you can never guess, one day you are here, the next day you might leave,” said Mikel as he told Sky Sports most recently. This quote perhaps shows the Nigerian’s uncertainty with his future under Mourinho or a lingering though of moving to pastures anew.

WEEK 02....BLAST

BANKER====03=====

PAIRS

==27 HITs ==33
==37 HITs ==42

PERM 03??27??33??37??42

GOODLUCK!!!

W̶̲̥̅ƹ promise 2 keep ♈ōϋ
Informed with our games
aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ draws f̶̲̅õ̳͡я̅ each week.
Stay in touch.
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by ablyguy(m): 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
black_beau: As far as I am concerned, Mikel is dull and useless as a football player.maybe he should try some other field. I know somebody will tell me he is making his money and that I am hating. I do not hate mikel obi and I know he is making millions but I'm just saying it as it is.

You watch without seeing...
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by ablyguy(m): 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
Bgino: even when u tap mikel to take a shot in playstation games he still passes the ball..that to him is a goal

LWKMD! But I dey use am score na...
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Kgdavid(m): 12:38am On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

Show me 5 clubs in Europe that have equal black and white.

Unlike Basketball and Sprints, Whites are better at football than blacks thats why no single black country has won the world cup.

If whites are better at football then it makes sense that whites would dominate the game.

How many Ballon D or have been Blacks compared to whites.

where id i say that the number of black players should equal the number of white players? read my post i clearly said that i dont expect the numbers to be equal but at least the ratio of black to white should be decent. the ratio of black players in italy's top teams, english top teams are way more than those who have played in real over the years. even eto when he played in real was benched are you not aware of this?

whites are not better at football than blacks..first off thats just an opinion and secondly its an opinion that is easy to disprove. Ronaldinho was black shey you know? brazil have won the world cup many times and have always had a very strong contingent of black players. what you don't know is that the number of black footballers in top leagues is significantly disproportionately high in comparison to the number of black people in europe. the reason why african nations have not advanced in football is not because we are not just as talented but its simply directly tied to our economic progress. another topic for another day
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Kgdavid(m): 12:44am On Jul 25, 2013
OlamideOkadigbo: Mikel can never be compared to Makelele in defensive midfield....Mikel is a good central midfielder, knows how to make passes, has sheer strength but in d Makelele role, he lacks d positional sense and tactical awareness and is sometimes found wanting in simple things like tackles. He is extremely sluggish to cover grounds as Claude did. When he looses d ball sometimes, he doesnt chase d person down like a Makelele would do. I think Mikel will be better in the deep-lying playmaker role a la Pirlo or Xavi. He interpreted that role well at the confed. cup where he had Mba and Ogude to do the running around.

exactly wat i wanted to say. those who compare mikel to makelele are confused. Mikel is good at keeping possession physically which can give the illusion that he is good defensively but its a big illlusion... Mikel is xavi type player
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Kgdavid(m): 12:46am On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

Jayjay is more of a circus player and entertainer . He lacks the discipline to play at a top club. Its only a club like Bolton that can allow that type of player in their fold.

Geremi understands what it takes to play as a Right back thats why he could play for Madrid and Chelsea Okocha on the other side would rather drible senselessly to entertain crowd and get applause than purposefully.

Or was Geremi whiter than Okocha??

Or tell me why top clubs avoided Jayjay all through his career yet embraced someone like Etoo and Drogba.

that is not true at all. i watched okocha play in the premier league, apart form his skills he definitely had a lot of tactical play to his game. its like Riquelme who never went higher than villareal or aimar who never went higher than valencia... its certainly not because they were not top players
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by dayokanu(m): 1:39am On Jul 25, 2013
Kgdavid:

where id i say that the number of black players should equal the number of white players? read my post i clearly said that i dont expect the numbers to be equal but at least the ratio of black to white should be decent. the ratio of black players in italy's top teams, english top teams are way more than those who have played in real over the years. even eto when he played in real was benched are you not aware of this?

England has indigenous black people Spain does not. The only black person to play for Spain was Marco Senna who was a Brazilian till he went for pro football. So its only natural that England has more black people in their game than Spain Same with France.

Now tell us the ratio of black players in Bayern Munich, Juventus, Borrousia Dortmund, Manchester United etc.

Etoo was a youth player in madrid and he moved out because he had better players like Raul, Morientes ahead of him

whites are not better at football than blacks..first off thats just an opinion and secondly its an opinion that is easy to disprove. Ronaldinho was black shey you know? brazil have won the world cup many times and have always had a very strong contingent of black players. what you don't know is that the number of black footballers in top leagues is significantly disproportionately high in comparison to the number of black people in europe. the reason why african nations have not advanced in football is not because we are not just as talented but its simply directly tied to our economic progress. another topic for another day

Even if you count Ronaldinho as black still how many black players have won WPOTY compared to whites?
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by dayokanu(m): 1:42am On Jul 25, 2013
Kgdavid:

that is not true at all. i watched okocha play in the premier league, apart form his skills he definitely had a lot of tactical play to his game. its like Riquelme who never went higher than villareal or aimar who never went higher than valencia... its certainly not because they were not top players

Riquelme played for Barcelona, Aimar played for Valencia, All these clubs at the time were better than all the 2nd rate clubs Jayjay played for.

There must be a reason why all the top clubs avoid Okocha like a plague. His football sense is not high enough for a top level attacking midfielder

Top teams dont look for AM who would dribble the keeper and turn back like Okocha or those who would be more interested in making fun of defenders instead of being purposeful
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Ustec: 10:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
shymexx: Crap!!

How dare you compare Mikel to Makele? - that's blasphemy!!

That's like comparing Ortega to Maradona! undecided

Mikel is just confused in Chelsea's colours - when he isn't trying to be pseudo-Makele, he's trying to play like pseudo-Ballack. Tell him to play Mikel football and stop being afraid of the ball. Express yourself, son! undecided undecided
. Eeyah sorry he refuses 2 play 4 manU...I can see ur hanger,sorry ehn..ok!
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Kgdavid(m): 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

Riquelme played for Barcelona, Aimar played for Valencia, All these clubs at the time were better than all the 2nd rate clubs Jayjay played for.

There must be a reason why all the top clubs avoid Okocha like a plague. His football sense is not high enough for a top level attacking midfielder

Top teams dont look for AM who would dribble the keeper and turn back like Okocha or those who would be more interested in making fun of defenders instead of being purposeful

you have forgotten that Jay Jay played for Fenerbache and PSG when these were top teams in their leagues and notable in europe
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by dayokanu(m): 10:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
Kgdavid:

you have forgotten that Jay Jay played for Fenerbache and PSG when these were top teams in their leagues and notable in europe

Fenerbahce and PSG were average teams when Okocha played for them.

What notable things did any of them do in that time
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Kgdavid(m): 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

England has indigenous black people Spain does not. The only black person to play for Spain was Marco Senna who was a Brazilian till he went for pro football. So its only natural that England has more black people in their game than Spain Same with France.

Now tell us the ratio of black players in Bayern Munich, Juventus, Borrousia Dortmund, Manchester United etc.

Etoo was a youth player in madrid and he moved out because he had better players like Raul, Morientes ahead of him

Even if you count Ronaldinho as black still how many black players have won WPOTY compared to whites?

there are tons on black players in spain...the spanish league is an elit league and as such players from everywhere are attracted there. how can you say that real madrids compostion is dictated by their location? real have players from all over the world ranging from argentina to france... if they want to have any of the best black players they can easily afford to get them. and i hope you don't think black is synonymous with african?

Man utd black players: 8 nani,ferdinand, evra, valencia, zaha, young, welbeck, anderson,
juventus black players: 4 asamoah, ogbonna, pogba, boakye
Bayern: 5 Alaba, Dante, Gustavo, Boateng, Alcantara,
real: 2 Pepe, marcelo, varanne

for one of the biggest clubs in the world they have the lowest figure so wats your point again?
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by dayokanu(m): 12:00am On Jul 26, 2013
Kgdavid:

there are tons on black players in spain...the spanish league is an elit league and as such players from everywhere are attracted there. how can you say that real madrids compostion is dictated by their location? real have players from all over the world ranging from argentina to france... if they want to have any of the best black players they can easily afford to get them. and i hope you don't think black is synonymous with african?

Man utd black players: 8 nani,ferdinand, evra, valencia, zaha, young, welbeck, anderson,
juventus black players: 4 asamoah, ogbonna, pogba, boakye
Bayern: 5 Alaba, Dante, Gustavo, Boateng, Alcantara,
real: 2 Pepe, marcelo, varanne

for one of the biggest clubs in the world they have the lowest figure so wats your point again?

Every club has more players from their native country where they are located. There would be more Spanish players in a Spanish club.

Since we rarely have black Spanish

You said Madrid has 2 black players yet you named 3 in your post. Are you trying to be mischievous?

Okay I would remind you of Casemiro another black Madrid player in addition to Verane, Marcelo(Vice Captain) and Pepe making 4 black players in Madrid which is same with A club like Juventus.

SO now tell us if Juventus is also a racist club Madrid has the same number of black players as Bayern did before buying Thiago So is Bayern also a racist club?

How about Dortmund? How many black players are there? Are they also a racist club?
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Kgdavid(m): 1:59am On Jul 26, 2013
dayokanu:

Every club has more players from their native country where they are located. There would be more Spanish players in a Spanish club.

Since we rarely have black Spanish

You said Madrid has 2 black players yet you named 3 in your post. Are you trying to be mischievous?

Okay I would remind you of Casemiro another black Madrid player in addition to Verane, Marcelo(Vice Captain) and Pepe making 4 black players in Madrid which is same with A club like Juventus.

SO now tell us if Juventus is also a racist club Madrid has the same number of black players as Bayern did before buying Thiago So is Bayern also a racist club?

How about Dortmund? How many black players are there? Are they also a racist club?

its all relative. we can go on and on like this but the point is that Real Madrid for a top club have not had a significant number of black players in their team particularly at the time Makelele played for them and the fact that he was not respected by them is a strong indicator of a racist outlook especially when you look at some of the players they tried to sign to replace him such as Thomas Graveson. also even if there are black players in the team the other question is how well are they treated? Makelele certainly was not treated well
Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by dayokanu(m): 5:14am On Jul 26, 2013
Kgdavid: its all relative. we can go on and on like this but the point is that Real Madrid for a top club have not had a significant number of black players in their team particularly at the time Makelele played for them and the fact that he was not respected by them is a strong indicator of a racist outlook especially when you look at some of the players they tried to sign to replace him such as Thomas Graveson. also even if there are black players in the team the other question is how well are they treated? Makelele certainly was not treated well

Marcelo is Madrids current Vice Captain and he is black So how would a racist club make a black their vice captain

Makelele was not treated well just like several players Sneijder, Robben, Huntelaar etc. Man Utd did not treat Jaap Stam, Diego Forlan etc well does that make them anti white too?

Barcelona didnt treat Etoo well are they racists too? Real Madrid didnt treat Sneijder and Robben well, Can we also call them anti white racists?

Its ridiculous to call a club who paid good money for black players like Robinho, Drenthe, Diarra, Pepe, Marcelo etc racists

1 Like

Re: An Interesting Analysis Of Mikel & Makelele by Kgdavid(m): 12:52am On Jul 27, 2013
Barca actually treated eto well but they are actually also a racist club. i was not even into the whole racism thing my initial intention was simply to show that the criteria you used form absolving real (i.e claiming they have had black players) was false.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria 0 - Croatia 2 Loss: What Do You Think We Did Wrong? / Photos From The Super Eagles Match Against The Crocodiles Of Lesotho / Rohr Vows To Resign In November If Nigeria Doesn't Win The World Cup Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.