Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? (12111 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin, Frank Edwards Arrive Lagos For "The Experience" / Frank Edwards And Sharon Pastor Chris' Daughter Hang Out Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 10:38am On Oct 06, 2014
BreezyRita:

Can you tell me where RnB was used in worshipping God?
Music originated from God. You can praise God anyway you know how.....
Tell me would slow paced songs like Neyo's songs, Celine Dion's, Mariah Carey etc be Godly if he sang them??
You are biased my dear.
Its not your place to decide what songs are rendered to God by others.! Worship Him your own way and let others do it their way! Frank Edwards has ministered to many in ways you haven't. He's spreading the gospel.....

I'd like to know, where exactly in the Bible is it written that rap is displeasing to God?? Huh??
Anyways, you're entitled to your opinion. But let it be yours...... Let others do it the way they know! Leave Frank Edwards out of it.
When we get there, we'll know if we were wrong in praising with different genres of music!
Yes ma
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by ikaybee: 3:38am On Nov 26, 2014
OP is so funny...Lmao!!!

I'm not even gonna say anything....except that Frank gospel songs....brings me closer to God...like it connects my soul to God's presence....
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 9:29am On Nov 26, 2014
ikaybee:
OP is so funny...Lmao!!!

I'm not even gonna say anything....except that Frank gospel songs....brings me closer to God...like it connects my soul to God's presence....
No doubt it does ...
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Oyinprince(m): 10:41am On Nov 28, 2014
Mescopaul:

Without singing age-long archaic songs there are wonderful nice gospel songs=> Buchi, Udoma, Don Meon, Samsong, Redeem worship, midnight crew and lots of others are the typical example of gospel songs , not frank's disco-like "gospel barbash".

Speaking of Kirk Franklin - didnt you hear when it was rumoured that he belonged to the Illum...
Guy, You don't know what you are saying.

Buchi has rap in one of his songs I know, Don Moen is on very cool terms with Frank, They done a couple of unreleased song together . Redeem worship( is dis connected to RCCG?) cos I've ministered rap songs several times at some of their parishes. Samsong has lotta raps I mean lots, midnyt crew? u haven't heard midnyt crew's Abdul morire remix? JAM of LIFe

But, let's say you lack knowledge and you need some help, so Lemme ask, what makes rap genre worldly to you?

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Oyinprince(m): 10:46am On Nov 28, 2014
simafem:
its not all abua d lyrics buh also genre...i was playing franks song 1 day and a guy asked me,is dat gospel?
What's genre was mentioned in the bible?
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by mployer(m): 9:12am On Nov 29, 2014
striktlymi:

Okay, cool! But some believers still use it for the wrong reasons.

The good rap has brought to Christendom is the same as the good any other brand of Christian songs has brought to Christianity. Broadly speaking, these include:

1) Help to propagate the gospel of Christ.
2) Used to glorify God and edify the church.

That assessment is VERY WRONG!!! If a song says: "God is good" it matters not the brand of song used to say it. A song will only be bad when the lyrics are bad.

I bet you approve of traditional gospel songs but you do not say that these songs glorify Amadioha or Sango because the lyrics are good and edifies the Church.

What I see here is you having a bias against rap in general. For you, it is not about the lyrics but about the song. Lets take R&B for example.

A lot of gospel songs take this form and we do not complain about them but the truth is that a lot of 'worldly songs' are R&B related.

The above is your personal grouse and has no footing in sacred scriptures. You are the one complaining, not God. Praise is not a brand of song. One can praise God without singing.

If one chooses to praise God using any brand of song he likes, this does not stop it from being a song of praise to God. Human beings look and judge people from what they see but God who is the righteous judge looks at the heart.

When people use rap to praise God, I expect God to be the one to complain about it not you or anyone else. The only time any song would be wrong, will be when the lyrics of such songs, do not edify the church.

Good one.

There is no such thing as christian song. We only have christian lyrics.

-Rick Warren (author of purpose driven life)
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
Oyinprince:
Guy, You don't know what you are saying.
You dnt say a thing like that to someone if you're really a civilised person *no offence*

Buchi has rap in one of his songs I know, Don Moen is on very cool terms with Frank, They done a couple of unreleased song together .
Ehh? Tell me somethng grin
Redeem worship( is dis connected to RCCG?) cos I've ministered rap songs several times at some of their parishes.
As if you are any bit different from Frank, and you've never read the bible where it said "Let he that stand heed lest he fall?"
Samsong has lotta raps I mean lots, midnyt crew? u haven't heard midnyt crew's Abdul morire remix? JAM of LIFe
Ehhn? I never knew i was calling devils angels of light...according to you.

But, let's say you lack knowledge
You spoilt it all here, first, do u really knw the meaning of the word "knowledge" If you do, then u choose nt to act and react by the knowledge you have
and you need some help, so Lemme ask, what makes rap genre worldly to you?
You want to know Then first read my post again, and dnt forget to take a luk at the comments prior to yours. Remain Blessed.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by spiralwedge(m): 12:14am On Nov 30, 2014
This op is sick. I'm sure he is a CAC member or equivalent...
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Oyinprince(m): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mescopaul:
You dnt say a thing like that to someone if you're really a civilised person *no offence*

Ehh? Tell me somethng grin As if you are any bit different from Frank, and you've never read the bible where it said "Let he that stand heed lest he fall?" Ehhn? I never knew i was calling devils angels of light...according to you.

You spoilt it all here, first, do u really knw the meaning of the word "knowledge" If you do, then u choose nt to act and react by the knowledge you have
You want to know Then first read my post again, and dnt forget to take a luk at the comments prior to yours. Remain Blessed.
Enjoy yourself abeg, this your reply even shows dat we not gonna make any success if I try discussing with you
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 9:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Oyinprince:
Enjoy yourself abeg, this your reply even shows dat we not gonna make any success if I try discussing with you
Were we discussing? I thought we were arguing?
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
spiralwedge:
This op is sick.
Wrong.
I'm sure he is a CAC member or equivalent...
Wrong again.

And lest i forget sir, my religious posts on Nl has no denominational strings attached, i post based on:
1. What the Bible says.
2. What God expects.

das all
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Oyinprince(m): 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mescopaul:
Were we discussing? I thought we were arguing?
put it anyhow you like
Mescopaul:
Wrong. Wrong again.
And lest i forget sir, my religious posts on Nl has no denominational strings attached, i post based on:
1. What the Bible says.
2. What God expects.
das all
What does the bible say about rap music or genre of music?
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
Oyinprince:
put it anyhow you like
Sure!
What does the bible say about rap music or genre of music?
Ephesians 5:19
Colosians 3:16.

Genres of songs/music couldn't have existed in the days of the Apostles, so Paul couldn't have categorically told them which genre to or not to use, but we make inferrences, deductions, and insinuations from the solem words "Spiritual songs, psalms, etc"
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Oyinprince(m): 6:11am On Dec 01, 2014
Mescopaul:
Sure! Ephesians 5:19
Colosians 3:16.

Genres of songs/music couldn't have existed in the days of the Apostles, so Paul couldn't have categorically told them which genre to or not to use, but we make inferrences, deductions, and insinuations from the solem words "Spiritual songs, psalms, etc"
Since genres didn't exist then and apostle Paul didn't tell us which not to use, you are helping him to tells us not to use rap/ hip hop abi

okay, so what genre are those spiritual songs, psalms and hymns?
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2014
Oyinprince:
Since genres didn't exist then and apostle Paul didn't tell us which not to use, you are helping him to tells us not to use rap/ hip hop abi

Rap songs are hiphop are spiritual songs shey? Maybe u shud go buy a collection of hymns and help urself, better still listen to songs by Hillsong United.
Pls stop this arguement, i'm, and have ever been tired of it, if my previous comments to others lyk u do not suffice you, fine, leave it the way it is, okay?
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Oyinprince(m): 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
Mescopaul:
Rap songs are hiphop are spiritual songs shey? Maybe u shud go buy a collection of hymns and help urself, better still listen to songs by Hillsong United.
Pls stop this arguement, i'm, and have ever been tired of it, if my previous comments to others lyk u do not suffice you, fine, leave it the way it is, okay?
OK bro, since you don't wanna discuss it

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by ikeolaoluwa: 1:28am On Dec 23, 2014
Pls the devil dint create any form of genre kinda music,its d lyrics dat u shud be concerned abt,Dats d only tin d devil can control, all dos musicians got there talent from God jst dat some of dem decided 2 use it 4 d devil,....... Don't generalize ur opinion,let it be btwn u and ur God...... Rap is jst words said in faster pace.....
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 7:26am On Dec 23, 2014
ikeolaoluwa:
Pls the devil dint create any form of genre kinda music,its d lyrics dat u shud be concerned abt,Dats d only tin d devil can control, all dos musicians got there talent from God jst dat some of dem decided 2 use it 4 d devil,....... Don't generalize ur opinion,let it be btwn u and ur God...... Rap is jst words said in faster pace.....
I see ...
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 23, 2014
Mescopaul:

Christians today in and Outside the country have been led astray by the so-called gospel musics.

Frank Edwards songs (sorry to say) have turned many real christians into surface worldly church goers.

I dont see why someone should decieve himself by saying he's a gospel singer, while the tune, language, and beat of the songs are very worldly (except for a few though). If not for the occassional mention of 'JESUS' or 'GOD', one would think he were listening to a hip hop special or one of these nigerian circular songs.

Please lets tell ourselves the truth, this guy's songs are worldly and would stand against many on the last day!

Do you think otherwise?
The ball is in your court.
A Lady told me about Frank Edward and she said he sings a lot,so i asked her which kind of songs then she said "Gospel rap" Gospel what? I replied, Gospel rap She affirmed. Brother you are doing a great job for enlightening the Church but instead of them listening they will start arguing in ignorance If possible they can stone you. God Bless u my brother. ONE BODY ONE CHURCH.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 23, 2014
ikeolaoluwa:
Where did rapping emanate from? Mind telling me?
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 23, 2014
Oyinprince:

Spiritual songs exalts ur soul nd makes u worship God.Now whats exalting in dat Gospel rap? Or can u compare that to Don Moen songs?
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 23, 2014
ikaybee:
OP is so funny...Lmao!!!

Which God are we talking about Here?
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 23, 2014
Mescopaul:
I don't really have any problem with rap, except for the fact that it denotes worldliness.
They won't listen to you bro except for those who has been given.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 23, 2014
Have read your comments and there seems to be confusion not on the part of the OP but on the part of those who lack insight.
To clear the issue on ground i suggest we put down a question nd lets build on it. As its impossible to climb a ladder from the top but from the bottom. So lets do it as a Church, One Body of Christ and,
The Question is WHAT IS GOSPEL?
NOTE: All claims must be back up with the Bible,No assumption or Thinking. All explanation must be directly from the Scripture, No theology,no stories only the Bible. Lets get it on
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 10:35am On Dec 23, 2014
starlingleanets:
A Lady told me about Frank Edward and she said he sings a lot,so i asked her which kind of songs then she said "Gospel rap" Gospel what? I replied, Gospel rap She affirmed. Brother you are doing a great job for enlightening the Church but instead of them listening they will start arguing in ignorance If possible they can stone you. God Bless u my brother. ONE BODY ONE CHURCH.
Oh, i'm short of words. I can't remember the last person that ever stood for the truth and for God since i created this thread. May God kip us to meet together in the Celestial City by and by.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2014
Mescopaul:
Oh, i'm short of words. I can't remember the last person that ever stood for the truth and for God since i created this thread. May God kip us to meet together in the Celestial City by and by.
Amen.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 11:07am On Dec 23, 2014
starlingleanets:
Have read your comments and there seems to be confusion not on the part of the OP but on the part of those who lack insight.
To clear the issue on ground i suggest we put down a question nd lets build on it. As its impossible to climb a ladder from the top but from the bottom. So lets do it as a Church, One Body of Christ and,
The Question is WHAT IS GOSPEL?
NOTE: All claims must be back up with the Bible,No assumption or Thinking. All explanation must be directly from the Scripture, No theology,no stories only the Bible. Lets get it on

Pls you guys should come out to this NOW.
I think starlingleanets has a point here.
I'll sit back and watch you guys teach us the bible.

The first question NOW is
WHAT IS GOSPEL ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE??

Don't keep silent. Let's treat this once and for all.

Striktlymi
hisblud
cardoso111
iheanyi4u
prowizy2
demelza
pvictor10
kurusi
GeneralShepherd
Frankled
Bobbysworld28
odizeey
BreezyRita
ikaybee
Oyinprince
mployer
spiralwedge
ikeolaoluwa

".. We persuade men"

Starlingleanets let's do this.
For the sake of Christ.
For the sake of the gospel.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Oyinprince(m): 11:41am On Dec 23, 2014
starlingleanets:
Spiritual songs exalts ur soul nd makes u worship God.Now whats exalting in dat Gospel rap? Or can u compare that to Don Moen songs?
Do you listen to the style or lyrics
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 23, 2014
Oyinprince:
Do you listen to the style or lyrics
Does that answer the question
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:44pm On Dec 23, 2014
MescoPaul

Please stop dragging Christianity into your own background believes.

And agin, maybe I missed the part where you explain exactly how Christian music is supposed to sound like? Enlighten me please.
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Frankled(m): 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2015
Looking down on someone's belief, dats all u pple knw wen u know nothing. Who the hell do tink u are to chose the songs I direct to the almighty. Bunch of stupidies
Re: Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? by Mescopaul(m): 10:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
Frankled:

Looking down on someone's belief, dats all u pple knw wen u know nothing. Who the hell do tink u are to chose the songs I direct to the almighty. Bunch of stupidies
Take it easy bro, u weren't forced to comment after all ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything / Living Faith Distributes Relief Items To Eleven IDP Camps / What Is The Theme Of 2023 In Your Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.