Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Four Keys To Avoiding Hurtful Speech In Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Four Keys To Avoiding Hurtful Speech In Marriage. (786 Views)

My Husband Doesn't Blv I Lost My Virginity To Him.it's Hurtful / Wife Makes Hurtful Comments (curses?) To Me. What To Do? / What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four Keys To Avoiding Hurtful Speech In Marriage. by jahlove4jah: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
1.Show empathy: put yourself in your spouse's shoe and try to understand how your words make him/her feel. Remember one Bible proverb says " An answer when mild, turns away rage" Proverbs 15 vs 1 (2) revive the feeling you once shared: strive to nurture the positive thoughts and feelings about your mate. Look at old pics and try to remember what drew you to each other. (3) observe respectful couples : look for couples whose pattern of speech is worthy of imitation. (4) know when to stop: if tempers begins to flare and speech is getting out of hand,the best thing might be to postpone the discussion.
Re: Four Keys To Avoiding Hurtful Speech In Marriage. by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
On point, and it has really aided the longevity of my realationship.
Another point is, try to over look certain things.
Re: Four Keys To Avoiding Hurtful Speech In Marriage. by jahlove4jah: 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2013
I am happy for you.
mikedaniel76@gmail.com:
On point, and it has really aided the longevity of my realationship.
Another point is, try to over look certain things.

(1) (Reply)

Wedding Toast Suggestions / What If Scenario / Five Words You Should Never Say To Your Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.