Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,303 members, 7,957,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:42 PM

Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? (4158 Views)

Linda Ikeji Is Engaged, Set To Marry This Year / Genevieve Nnaji & Her Brother Pose For Cool ‘snowfie’ / Stephanie Okereke Vs. Genevieve Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by lipuka(m): 11:36am On May 26, 2008
Genevoieve Nnaji was quoted by one of the Nigerian Dailies as saying that marrying was not in the cards for her. Who is she fooling?

Age is catching up on this poor girl and no proposal has come her way. What she was 10 years ago is not what she is now. She is just preparing us all, so that 10 years later, with no husband in sight, she will tell us it was her decision.

I am sure if someone came up with a proposal, she would say yes without a second thought.

Methinks the lady is marketing herself and angling for someone to come her way. Pretending to be hard to get or unavailable is an old trick.

Pity it won't work for the lady.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by jaybaby(f): 2:59pm On May 26, 2008
bUZY BDY NA UR WRKSHOP! grin
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 26, 2008
jaybaby:

bUZY BDY NA UR WRKSHOP! grin
lol
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by snazzydawn(f): 7:46pm On May 26, 2008
M-a-r-r-i-a-g-e? Not on my agenda now

If star actress Genevieve Nnaji’s life were to be a movie script we would have titled it ‘Come Back Kid 1—3’. This is due to the fact that she has a way of rising over adversity. She emerged to be a star actress after the delivery of a baby girl at age 17 and came back strongly after a ban that many predicted would end her career. Here is the story of the Mbaise, Imo State ex-UNILAG student as she told SAMUEL OLATUNJI.

You’ve been credited with a lot of things in the movie industry; one of which is paving the way for dark-skinned actresses. How does it feel to have that singular honour?
I’m glad I’m able to bring some sanity into the creative world. Creativity is internal, not external, although when it comes to movie, it is required externally. I think to judge a person by the colour of his or her skin is a problem. Well, I will say I’m honoured. It’s a compliment, and I think some other actresses did it before me. We had Ann Njemaze and Uche Osotule, and so I’m not probably the only one.
It is amazing that you are giving credit to those before you. I spoke with a marketer sometime ago who specifically mentioned that a younger actress was not giving you and Omotola your due respect.
I think it is a personal issue really. You don’t know why people do or don’t do what they do. I think those are personal really. It is not my problem and it does not affect me in anyway. it’s their issue. I have no problems giving honour to whom it is due.

I once sent you an SMS that you are my Comeback Kid Three because you are like Hilary Clinton, who has a way of coming back again and again. How do you always reemerge when people seem to have written you off?
(Hearty laughter) I don’t know; that’s a weird question. I just think there is a time for everything. When it is your time you will know. It is not that I put my name to anything. You want to know how I keep coming back again and again? I really don’t know. But I think I don’t do anything because I feel like or because it is time to do it. It’s not a planned thing neither is it a comeback gimmick. It happens that way and it’s to my advantage. I give God the glory; that was not my plan really.

You’ve been into everything from movie to music and now to fashion, so what else?
Movie, music and fashion kind of go hand in hand. It has to do with entertainment. Movie making is entertainment, music is entertainment, fashion is glamour and TV is a glamorous thing, I think they all go hand in hand as it is, but you’ll just have to wait and see because it is all a surprise to me, as well. It is not like I expect it to come, it just comes to me and when they come, like I say, I am one person who does not plan. I just go with the flow. I go with the wind; wherever God directs me. And as it unveils itself to me that is how it unveils itself to everybody. You will just have to wait because I am eagerly waiting to see what next will come.

When will you start designing for men so that I can buy one?
I will still do for men, don’t worry.

I learned it will cost an arm and a leg to buy your designs from Lamide?
It will not cost an arm and a leg, those are rumours. It is very affordable.

When are you going to open the boutique?
Its going to be towards September or October. That is when we will finish the production of the brand so that when we open, it will come out well and people will not be taken by surprise.

And will it still be called St. Genevieve?
Yes it’s going to be called St. Genevieve.

Will you have branches in other parts of Nigeria?
Yes I am spreading it wide, even the fashion show will still go from state to state because there is a non-governmental organization (NGO) attached to the label.

Tell me about the NGO?
Well, I’m doing a little contribution with Link a child. Link a child is an NGO that we all know about. I’m doing it in a way that I get to clothe the children. What I’m doing is to give a percentage of everything bought to the NGO to clothe the children. This is an opportunity for me to give back to the society that has given to me. It also gives the children the opportunity to wear new clothes rather than tattered ones.

What is the partnership between you and Lamide like?
I draw the designs and Lamide brings it to life.
You’ve been busy hopping from one location to the other. Are you going to ever stop making movies?
No, that I can say right now, but then never say never. I’m sure some day, I will probably decide that I have had enough or this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. Like I used to say, I go with the flow.
I learned you are becoming choosier by the day and that is the reason you did not take part in Yankee Girls.

Don’t you think I should be choosier? Would you rather I do every film that came my way? I intend to give value for money. Those who believe in me and still go out to buy my movies should be adequately compensated. The little I can do right now is make sure it is worth their while. So, I have to be selective in what I’m doing. I don’t want to get bored or get depressed. For me, I have to enjoy what I’m doing. If a script does not make any sense to me or if I’m not enjoying what I’m doing, then there is no way I will play the role conveniently for the viewers.

Is it true you regretted not taking part in Yankee Girls?
I did not like the story line.

You’ve been linked to almost everybody romantically except me. When will you be linked to me?
(Prolonged laughter) I would rather not either.

Why are people always dropping your name when it comes to romance?
I should be the one asking you that question. You know the people in the dropping business; I think you should direct the question to them.

I read somewhere that you are now 31,
(Cuts in), do you mean 31? Are you people chasing me to my grave?

How does it feel to be 29 years old then?
It feels like I’m hitting 30, that is exactly how it feels. I feel good. It depends on how you feel inside; I’m young, I’m 25. Right now I’m 20 (laughter)

In Sleep Walker, you delivered your lines as someone meant to act.
May be I am meant to act.

When is Genevieve getting married?
Genevieve has not found a reason to be married yet.

That is surprising; you mean you need a reason?
Yes, if I find a reason to get married I will. Marriage is a lifetime commitment and I haven’t found that commitment. I haven’t seen that thing I want to live with for the rest of my life. I haven’t seen that reason I would want to be tied down with a person for the rest of my life. I just haven’t seen the encouragement.
Do you mean the men that come around you are not committed?
What makes you think men come around?
Ah, even I that is married feel like coming around.
If you think like that, it means the good ones are taken? Aren’t they? The good ones are running out.
Seriously, I know men would be falling over themselves for your hand in marriage. You have everything a man is looking for, it is just that I met my wife earlier.
([b]Another round of laughter) Obviously, they are looking but have not looked my way. I’m sitting around.[/b]Don’t you feel lonely?
No. I’m too busy to be lonely.
You know business cannot fill some void.

What void?
You know, emotional void.
I think those kind of void come around only when you are idle. I think if you keep your mind busy, you are emotionally busy.

What kind of man are you looking for?
I’m sure if I see the kind of man I want I would recognize him.

How will you recognize something you don’t know you are looking for?
Well, if you are not looking for something and it comes to you, then it is yours.

You had a child at the age of 17. How come you did not end up like some other people who had babies and lost it all?
It is because, to have a child is not a curse, it is a blessing. It depends on how you decide to take it or how you programme yourself to see the world. I believe it is a grace God has given me; I see it as a blessing not a curse. The way you see things determines the way they work for you.
You must have felt traumatized.
Traumatized or not, I move ahead. Right now I can only thank God and move on and she is one of them.

How old is your daughter now?
She is now 12.
clue from. Sun Newspaper

Posted by Online Business at 1:39 AM  

@ original poster From that interview, she did not outrightly say she was not ready for marriage, she only said they have not looked her way so please stop thinking that she is playing hard to get. Abi you want her to paste it on her forehead that she is looking for husband?
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Uche2nna(m): 7:47pm On May 26, 2008
Who cares ?

How does that change the price of Garri @ Oshodi undecided
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by yongbabe(f): 7:50pm On May 26, 2008
is marriage by force??
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by snazzydawn(f): 7:54pm On May 26, 2008
I wonder sef. This marriage thingy is overrated.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Nobody: 5:21am On May 27, 2008
she can marry when ever she wants, she must just keep on acting.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by dee02(m): 5:56pm On May 27, 2008
What is the big deal in not wanting to marry?!

And besides shez too busy fucking ex-ministers, ex-senators, ATIKU and married men all over the place
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by meggy11: 8:33pm On May 27, 2008
dee02 wetin concern u because she no look ur side JELOUSY .leave her alone wether she marry or not i be her no1 fan.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 27, 2008
[size=20pt]MARRIAGE IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. . JEEZ![/size]
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by ima1(f): 9:04am On May 28, 2008
na so everyone dey talk, marriage is not for everyone, even if you live with a man for 1 million years, you have kids or not it is still marriage, so either way we are still married, so no matter how you do am as long as you dey find the love of your life. you still dey for marriage.
wats the difference between a couple that is married and another couple who are faithful to each other (na still marriage) because all thw wahala for marriage still dey
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by dee02(m): 9:54am On May 28, 2008
meggy 11:

dee02 wetin concern u because she no look your side JELOUSY .leave her alone wether she marry or not i be her no1 fan.

me sef no send am, no be her type! grin

marriage is not by force, everyone is not cut for it

and i dont give a rocks if u r her number zillion fan!
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Nobody: 10:48am On May 28, 2008
Her life.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Emad(f): 8:37am On May 30, 2008
Lipuka

Why do i find that men especially AFRICAN men think that EVERY woman's dream is to be a wife to some body?
What kind of uneducatedness is this?
What will she get from a man that she does not have now apart from Headache?
Genny seems pretty Happy, and besides with her profile she will be spoilt for choice if she wanted to get married,
i am sure there are many men who would consider it an honour to be married to Genny.

Lipuka, go and busy yourself doing something else and stop, please STOP manifesting you Short sightedness and lack of education angry
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by ozigbo(m): 9:00am On May 30, 2008
you wo marry her.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by trendy(f): 10:09am On May 30, 2008
haterzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

am sure she get tons of proposal,
but the thing is are the men serious
do they want Genevieve the girl or genny the actress?
it's better to be single and wait for the true man
than marry a "slowpoke"
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by dee02(m): 10:10am On Jun 01, 2008
why she no just go be NUN or MOTHER?!
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by meggy11: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2008
dee02 please leave genny alone.if she want to be a nun she will be without your consent .genny is very happy the way she is.i am sure she will be having alot of proposals,even if the guy is interested in just dating.but i am sure of one thing,you don't get proposals like that because she is a celebrity(an admired one for that matter) and you are a nobody because you really write and think as one.do you even have a girlfriend/wife?think of your own first ahh
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by acidrop(f): 11:34am On Jun 01, 2008
4Her:

[size=20pt]MARRIAGE IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. . JEEZ![/size]
ok undecided
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by dee02(m): 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2008
meggy 11:

dee02 please leave genny alone.if she want to be a nun she will be without your consent .genny is very happy the way she is.i am sure she will be having alot of proposals,even if the guy is interested in just dating.but i am sure of one thing,you don't get proposals like that because she is a celebrity(an admired one for that matter) and you are a nobody because you really write and think as one.do you even have a girlfriend/wife?think of your own first ahh

sorry ooo genevieve sister!
all i am saying is whether she likes she marries, whether she likes she turns a catholic nun
na her wahala be dat

see ur mouth dey talk say i be nobody when u know no me, may amadioha spit inside ur mouth! grin
e be like say na genevieve wey dey dash u money wey u dey take browse
u come dey open mouth anyhow as if say na ur piking genevieve be!TAAAAA

e no concern u if i get wife or girlfriend, and it is not relevant to the thread sucker!
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by meggy11: 10:24pm On Jun 01, 2008
dee02 i beg i no get wetin to tell u because i see say u no dey think before u write.since d babe no wan marry go fall 4 river niger idiot na u,your amadioha go spit 4 your mouth 100 times over.get a life and stop been shallow minded gushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 01, 2008
e be like say na everywhere fight dey for dis forum grin grin grin grin
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by dee02(m): 10:37pm On Jun 01, 2008
meggy 11:

dee02 i beg i no get wetin to tell u because i see say u no dey think before u write.since d babe no wan marry go fall 4 river niger idiot na u,your amadioha go spit 4 your mouth 100 times over.get a life and stop been shallow minded gushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

aunty why u dey vex

i dey foul mood tonight oo

make u hold ya'self becoz satan dey rain hell fire now now and if u no careful, u go halla! grin

genevieve marry or she no marry, na her pot of soup

u wey dey concerned, e be like say u be family member or somtin

take time oo, warn ya self ooo! grin grin grin

One thing i love on nairaland is the fact that u can wind people up easily and it provides entertainment for other people
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by TOH(f): 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2008
Tell me about the NGO?
Well, I’m doing a little contribution with Link a child. Link a child is an NGO that we all know about. I’m doing it in a way that I get to clothe the children. What I’m doing is to give a percentage of everything bought to the NGO to clothe the children. This is an opportunity for me to give back to the society that has given to me. It also gives the children the opportunity to wear new clothes rather than tattered ones.

I learned you are becoming choosier by the day and that is the reason you did not take part in Yankee Girls.

Don’t you think I should be choosier? Would you rather I do every film that came my way? I intend to give value for money. Those who believe in me and still go out to buy my movies should be adequately compensated. The little I can do right now is make sure it is worth their while. So, I have to be selective in what I’m doing. I don’t want to get bored or get depressed. For me, I have to enjoy what I’m doing. If a script does not make any sense to me or if I’m not enjoying what I’m doing, then there is no way I will play the role conveniently for the viewers.

Is it true you regretted not taking part in Yankee Girls?
I did not like the story line.

and this is exactly why I adore her and Bimbo Akintola. They don't accept any kind of garbage for the money like most 'actors"

The dude who did the interview is such a nitwit. Retarded questions and such. All these so called entertainment journalist/reports are really horrible
and the person who made this thread is an slowpoke. Please show me where in the interview she said she doenst wnat to get married? She just said she hasnt found someone who will give her the reason to join that lifelong commitment

Cant believe the reporter even had the audacity to ask something idiotic like "You need a reason?"

Ugh
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Emad(f): 8:22am On Jun 02, 2008
TOH

You can now see why you cannot find Genny in Movies like " beyonce Vs Rihanna" grin grin
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by meggy11: 9:28am On Jun 02, 2008
dee02:

aunty why u dey vex

i dey foul mood tonight oo

make u hold ya'self becoz satan dey rain hell fire now now and if u no careful, u go halla! grin

genevieve marry or she no marry, na her pot of soup

u wey dey concerned, e be like say u be family member or somtin

take time oo, warn ya self ooo! grin grin grin

One thing i love on nairaland is the fact that u can wind people up easily and it provides entertainment for other people
dee02 what else can i say?
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by FMK(m): 9:38am On Jun 02, 2008
Guys,

life is sometimes complicated and each one option is different from other.   nowdays  money and fortune win more space than nature rules.  from our ancestors, marriage   was something holy and sanctified  but today is Different  is for money and fortune interest,  world and popular influence.  women nowdays do not want to be under men rules and regulation anymore.  Having a husband for them is being under rules and in  cell.  because they want to do everything that they want  without rules.  like a country without rules is a jungle.  worst thing is,  People like Actresses, female singers. Those People never  Worry about Mariage because  they are Riches and famous. they have fortune. about this Power,  they have no respect, they are more arogant ,Proud, etc,

Genevieve  is a Millionaire,  fomous and  she is all.  she considered money as her Husband   she does  not want to be under  a Man Rule because she Got what man could give Her  it does not necessary for her to get a man  Do not worry Guys  wives never finish on the world  Give Marrige to whoever whants

every thing in Body wife is ESS  not different    Where  

Where she is located  Now  ? in USA or in Lagos ?.  i Had that she started to act  Sexy Films in Hollywood  but i do not thing so that she got space there in hollywood
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by snazzydawn(f): 11:21am On Jun 02, 2008
Emad:

TOH

You can now see why you cannot find Genny in Movies like " beyonce Vs Rihanna" grin grin

that is true. Where are "Omosexy she who never does wrong" fans? I hope thier heads are not too heavy out of shame. See how classless she is. My Genny can never and will never stoop so low to that level, she said it herself!
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by TOH(f): 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2008
Emad:

TOH

We thank God wink

snazzy, what does Omotola have to do with this though? is she in that movie?
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Emad(f): 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2008
TOH

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wink

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-132009.0.html
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by yongbabe(f): 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2008
@ ongoing discussion

exactly, Genny has always carried herself like a star.
All her movies recently have made sense- which is something i can't say for omo-t.

i knew she (Genny) was a star fom the start! I am so proud of her
She is my future sister in law! wether my bro like am or not, i must become related to Genny!

okay ppl apreciate beauty, talent n inteligence

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Liz Benson Returns To Nollywood / Cynthia Morgan Goes Nude, Puts Her Boobs On Display Again. Selling Point / Nollywood Actor Marries Village Wife Secretly (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.