Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? (4081 Views)

Linda Ikeji Is Engaged, Set To Marry This Year / Genevieve Nnaji & Her Brother Pose For Cool ‘snowfie’ / Stephanie Okereke Vs. Genevieve Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by snazzydawn(f): 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2008
TOH yes o! "Omosexy" was starred as RIHANNA!
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by TOH(f): 2:05pm On Jun 03, 2008
Ijm quite depressed now sad
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Sonye(f): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2008
but why is it that men she has been with don't ever want to settle down with the poor girl?  i mean, there must be something wrong.    angry 
i come accross people that say she was dating their neighbour or their boyfriend's friend (confirmed gist) but nothing for the girl

a year ago, she said at an interview she was single and searching and available. . . . . . 2 years ago, she said she was in a relationship and did not want to discuss it with the press (them say the guy dey yankee sha at that time). . . . . . . .now, she is not planning to get married
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Emad(f): 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2008
Sonye

the answer is simple, marriage is not the priority for EVERY woman
so while you are feeling sorry for her, she feels very happy with herself, and she is booming with life
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Sonye(f): 3:40pm On Jun 03, 2008
the question u should ask is "is she truly happy like she claims"
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by tngtech(m): 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2008
@poster

Maybe she wants to be reverend sister. grin
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Emad(f): 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2008
Sonye

The next question would be, " what makes YOU think she is not as happy as she claims?"

Let me suggest an answer, "Because she is not married."

What makes you think it is the ambition of every woman to be married?
What makes you think Condolezza Rice wishes to be married ?
What makes you think Genny Wishes to be Married.

Please stop evaluating people from your own perspective
Marriage Doesnot COMPLETE a woman  as many African men like to think
Marriage I FEEL is about finding a soul mate, if you can find one, good, if you can't, no lele
It is better to be single than to be with a bad husband.
a successful woman will continue to be successful WITH or WITHOUT marriage

you are suffering from what i call Psycological Bondage Imposed on us by the MEN of our society
if we ever intend to Get the rights we are asking for, we need to free ourselves from this Psycological slavery.

I dont remember any body ever asking why Saint Obi ( during teh time he was not married )
if he was unhappy, or needed a WOMAN to complete his success.
and that was precisely because no body thought he was UNHAPPY without a wife

Why do you think Genny shd be??
answer: because she is a woman
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by tngtech(m): 4:55pm On Jun 03, 2008
@emad

If na ur sister, wetin u go do.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by FMK(m): 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2008
Emad:

Sonye

The next question would be, " what makes YOU think she is not as happy as she claims?"

Let me suggest an answer, "Because she is not married."

What makes you think it is the ambition of every woman to be married?
What makes you think Condolezza Rice wishes to be married ?
What makes you think Genny Wishes to be Married.

Please stop evaluating people from your own perspective
Marriage Doesnot COMPLETE a woman   as many African men like to think
Marriage I FEEL is about finding a soul mate, if you can find one, good, if you can't, no lele
It is better to be single than to be with a bad husband.
a successful woman will continue to be successful WITH or WITHOUT marriage

you are suffering from what i call Psycological Bondage Imposed on us by the MEN of our society
if we ever intend to Get the rights we are asking for, we need to free ourselves from this Psycological slavery.

I don't remember any body ever asking why Saint Obi ( during the time he was not married )
if he was unhappy, or needed a WOMAN to complete his success.
and that was precisely because no body thought he was UNHAPPY without a wife

Why do you think Genny should be??
answer: because she is a woman

That is why  God Made Mistake  and was Wrong   he Should not Create  Woman   since the very begining   Man has been complainingg to write off this creation  but God refuses   (ESS)
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by TOH(f): 5:50pm On Jun 03, 2008
did Sonye even bother reading the interview?
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Sonye(f): 6:12pm On Jun 03, 2008
unfortunately, i haven't got access to these thing called GENEVIEVE INTERVIEW down here. and if i did, i will not waste my time reading about her. How on earth could someone mention an american when talking about a nigerian? Absolutely ridiculous

An african woman's mentality is entirely different from an american woman's mentality. Tell yourself the truth. If you are single at 30 with all the money in the world, how would you feel inside.
The TRUTH i said.

I don't need to reply you again cos no matter how carefree you sound, you know the truth.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by yongbabe(f): 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2008
@ Emad
u go girl, real nice!
i actually dont see the big deal in marriage.

@ Sonye
why do u think Africa is so backwards??
Ppl down here r blinded by stupid mentalites, that just keeps draging us back.
Mrriage in no way completes a woman. A 30 yr old married woman is not betta than a 30 yr old unmarried woman!
go it??
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by TOH(f): 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2008
Sonye,

I suggest you read this post and stop embarrassing yourself. She never said she doesnt want to get married

.How does it feel to be 29 years old then?
It feels like I’m hitting 30, that is exactly how it feels. I feel good. It depends on how you feel inside; I’m young, I’m 25. Right now I’m 20 (laughter)

In Sleep Walker, you delivered your lines as someone meant to act.
May be I am meant to act.

[b]When is Genevieve getting married?
Genevieve has not found a reason to be married yet.

That is surprising; you mean you need a reason?
Yes, if I find a reason to get married I will. Marriage is a lifetime commitment and I haven’t found that commitment. I haven’t seen that thing I want to live with for the rest of my life. I haven’t seen that reason I would want to be tied down with a person for the rest of my life. I just haven’t seen the encouragement.
Do you mean the men that come around you are not committed?
What makes you think men come around?
Ah, even I that is married feel like coming around.
If you think like that, it means the good ones are taken? Aren’t they? The good ones are running out.
Seriously, I know men would be falling over themselves for your hand in marriage. You have everything a man is looking for, it is just that I met my wife earlier.
(Another round of laughter) Obviously, they are looking but have not looked my way. I’m sitting around.Don’t you feel lonely?
No. I’m too busy to be lonely.
You know business cannot fill some void.

What void?
You know, emotional void.
I think those kind of void come around only when you are idle. I think if you keep your mind busy, you are emotionally busy.

What kind of man are you looking for?
I’m sure if I see the kind of man I want I would recognize him.

How will you recognize something you don’t know you are looking for?
Well, if you are not looking for something and it comes to you, then it is yours. [/b]

You had a child at the age of 17. How come you did not end up like some other people who had babies and lost it all?
It is because, to have a child is not a curse, it is a blessing. It depends on how you decide to take it or how you programme yourself to see the world. I believe it is a grace God has given me; I see it as a blessing not a curse. The way you see things determines the way they work for you.
You must have felt traumatized.
Traumatized or not, I move ahead. Right now I can only thank God and move on and she is one of them.

How old is your daughter now?
She is now 12.
clue from. Sun Newspape
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by snazzydawn(f): 8:14pm On Jun 03, 2008
TOH na you get time o! some people think marriage is a be all end all issue. Abeg save your breath for better explanations.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Sonye(f): 11:22pm On Jun 03, 2008
@TOH

commom sense is not common, y do you say i am embarrasing myself? you or the poster should have put that story at first. . . . . and you don't have to use hard words on people you don't know. . .it is really childish and unladylike.

i did not read the magazine, true angry
like i said, i am in a town that the only magazines i have access to are heat, OK magazines, closer, enquirer e. t. c.

got it angry angry

by the way, where are you from? the way you sound, i believe you are in a society that would never think before acting, saying gibberish , no respect and regard for your fellow human. . . . . .
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by TOH(f): 7:41am On Jun 04, 2008
You just dey yarn garbage upon garbage

Snazzy posted the interview on the first page. Instead of you to read it you just decided to go into attack mode on the girl claiming that she needs Jesus and what not. If that's "ladylike" to you, Im fine with being a barbaric male grin
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Emad(f): 8:21am On Jun 04, 2008
Sonye, does it not ring a bell that the african mentality about marriage is beginning to change,
you have people who do not agree with you on this forum.
If africa was so conservative about marriage as you are, every body would have supported what you are saying
but there is a debate here. so that means some people can see past the ends of their noses

anyway, like i said you are evaluating her happiness from YOUR own perspective

YOU would not be happy if at 30 you were not married, But that is YOU not GENNY or other women.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by eminemkayc: 8:30am On Jun 04, 2008
HOW CAN GENEVIVE MARRY WHEN SHE LOOKS MORE OR LESS LIKE MY FORMER HOUSEMAID!! MEN THE GIRL IS VERY bleeped I SWEAR. I DONT NO OF ANYONE
OPINION BUT TO ME SHE LOOKS LIKE A BEAST!! SHE REMINDS ME OF TAI TAIWO DAT NIGERIAN PLAYER. DONT LAUGH AM SERIOUS. MAYBE AM BLIND BUT I DONT NO WHAT D MAN THAT STUCK HIS DICK INTO HER SAW BEFORE DOING DAT. MAYB HE COVERED THE FACE WITH A PILLOW, I DONT NO. MEN THE GIRL IS A WASTED BI***. LET HER GO BACK TO ATIKU HER FORMER LOVER FOR PROPER RECONCILATION. PEACE HOMMIES!!, SHADYRECORDS
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Sonye(f): 9:16am On Jun 04, 2008
Emad:

Sonye, does it not ring a bell that the african mentality about marriage is beginning to change,
you have people who do not agree with you on this forum.
If africa was so conservative about marriage as you are, every body would have supported what you are saying
but there is a debate here. so that means some people can see past the ends of their noses

anyway, like i said you are evaluating her happiness from YOUR own perspective

YOU would not be happy if at 30 you were not married, But that is YOU not GENNY or other women.

i do not need support. it is my own opinion. that is what forums are all about. i am not close to 30. but i know most people at 30 are married so what would you do for fun at 30 when all people would be taking their children to day care.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Emad(f): 9:31am On Jun 04, 2008
Sonye

Your opinion, that is precisely why you shd not use it to evaluate her

at 30 i will be doing what i think will make me happiest at that point in time

and if i am unmarried please dont tell me at that point i will not be REALLY happy.
because my happiness will depend on what i want for myself at that point,
and not what your OPINION says will make me happy
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by meggy11: 9:51am On Jun 04, 2008
my dear emad i beg free sonye na.the basic truth is that sonye is childish and needs a lot of growing up to do(psychologicaly).there is nothing u will tell him that will make him see reasons with u.don't u get it?he doesn't just have it and i gat to give it to u emad u are a smart babe sha with a very high IQ.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by snazzydawn(f): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2008
Sonye:

@TOH

commom sense is not common, y do you say i am embarrasing myself? you or the poster should have put that story at first. . . . . and you don't have to use hard words on people you don't know. . .it is really childish and unladylike.

i did not read the magazine, true angry
like i said, i am in a town that the only magazines i have access to are heat, OK magazines, closer, enquirer e. t. c.

got it angry angry

by the way, where are you from? the way you sound, i believe you are in a society that would never think before acting, saying gibberish , no respect and regard for your fellow human. . . . . .

and is that a thing to be proud of, young lady? better upgrade o, some Naija magazines are at par if not better than the above mentioned ones.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by chinesedoll(f): 10:37am On Jun 04, 2008
better upgrade o, some Naija magazines are at par if not better than the above mentioned ones.
Posted on: Today at 09:51:28 AMPosted by: meggy 11

lmao grin grin
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by lipuka(m): 9:52am On Jun 07, 2008
OOOPS! I started something I shouldn"t have. Let us all agree that Genny is very beautiful. She is a talented actress. I personally would have no objection in her not getting married. But I think every one of us; man or woman; needs love and companionship. She does not look like a maid to me.

I like her movies and have many at home. I would also welcome her and be her host if she were to visit Kenya. And I am sure there are many red-blooded men out ther who would not mind spendind some time with her. I wouldn"t.

Only that she must recognise she is an African woman and must behave like one. Fullstop.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2008
lipuka:

Only that she must recognise she is an African woman and must behave like one. Fullstop.
if I may ask, how does she behave like
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 08, 2008
angry angry angry angry

why are people so thick

whats with remember you are an african woman

whats has being african got to do with marriage

abi na only africans dey marry

better face your OWN life and live it better, rather than deciding whats best for someone else and what time that BEST is
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by Emkayotis(m): 4:55am On Jun 08, 2008
salsera:

angry angry angry angry

why are people so thick

whats with remember you are an african woman

whats has being african got to do with marriage

abi na only africans dey marry

better face your OWN life and live it better, rather than deciding whats best for someone else and what time that BEST is

Anytime the marriage threads comes on, the unmarried girls in the house will begin to scream blue murder, true it's your life and it's not a must for 'YOU' to marry, but when you clock 30 and the glamour and shine are no longer there, don't change your I.D and create a useless thread about it. FORE WARNED IS FORE ARMED! angry angry angry
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by darkage(m): 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2008
tell me say that lady no fine past all the girl way you don de meet since when de born you.
By the way if i get any opportunity to meet her i will surely be her husband because i love the lady so much even if she be after one i no mind.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by origina9ja(f): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2008
marriage n by force oo
as far as i no so let her get 1
abi anybody have her contact let me holla her with some1
lol jst joking allow the woman it her business
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by funkymua: 10:58am On Oct 10, 2008
wahala dey oh. is marriage by force. she sure will definitely get married and besides, even if she doesnt, she has no problem because, 1. she is rich .2. she has a child. and besides, there are many nollywood actresses older than genny that are not married so stop bugging the chick.
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by origina9ja(f): 11:11am On Oct 10, 2008
when did dhe have her child? lipsrsealed
Re: Genevieve Does Not Want To Marry? by ifihearam: 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2008
Ahhh na wa ooooo,why are you guys killing yourself over this marraige issue like this,if she says she has not seen the man of her choice,then let her be,or perhaps no man has proposed to her yet,because men would only want to sleep with her because she is a star but not have true feelings of love towards her and perhaps she does not want to have a broken home afterall she has a child out of wedlock.I recommend she reconciles with the father of her daughter to give her the best,that is if she still recognise him anyways.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tell Me These Are Not Ladies / Wole Weds Geri Udeh / Chidinma Poses With Didier Drogba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.