Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? (15561 Views)

Test Your IQ: Solve This Question In 10 Seconds / See Pic Of Bored Student Attending A Lecture At The University Of Ibadan In 1953 / Ten Types Of People You Would Probably Meet In A Lecture Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
kokoye: I'll tell you the American way:

Dance around the question and indirectly throw the question (or another) back to the floor. Just make sure you are talking.

In short, confuse everyone listening and leave them scratching their heads. grin

I bet you will get an analyst job in NO time - Ask the sports and news desks.

True talk. Wa shi ere jare. That's the American way oo. You'd be amazed at how someone will ask what is 2+2 and the next thing you know, you're being asked why sine 30 is equal to 5
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by koolet: 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mtchhew
wetin concern science wt story...
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
lomaxx: I literally have a brief episode of urinary incontinence grin grin
ahaaa, this does happen to me too!!! Especially when you're expected to think on your feet. Diagnosis probably.
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Pancho01(m): 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
I rememberd when i was askd in d lecture hall d question 'what did Rene Descartes a french philosopher say about d relationshp btw d mind n body'?... My mind was so blank at dat moment,cos u knw wat?.... i was dozin in d class.wat do u xpect d clas was borin. Mehn i jst had 2 say sumtin dat ddnt relate 2 wat was bn askd,as a sharp stdnt stdyin philosophy na. *winks*
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by yorke1: 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ajibel: Am a student, there to learn so if i cant answer, i just say so. I dunno everything and if i do, i wouldnt be asked, i'd instead be asking

Are you sure you are a student seriously
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Youngzedd(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
Every question have an answer.
Just say;
"No Idea" and park well.

I no send any dude and big as$ niggas.
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by BarryX(m): 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
lomaxx: I literally have a brief episode of urinary incontinence grin grin
In other words- urge to take a piss, I think i can relate to that #winks
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by slimyem: 3:55pm On Aug 06, 2013
How am I supposed to feel? That I can't answer a question doesn't mean I'm not as good or better than those who can.
I just say "no idea" instead of wasting the class's time. cool

1 Like

Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by freecocoa(f): 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
Who cares?grin

I definitely have found ways to make the class and lecturer laugh at such times by just blabing some funny comments in disguise of attempting to answer the question.

Or I fake cough or stammer, then use my hand to gesture that I can't talk due to my obvious stammer or cough grin.
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by oyedun82(m): 3:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
theres no how i wont have an idea!
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Leobreezy(m): 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
Says it all

Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by dwizy(m): 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
Seriously, I have not been in such a condition recently. I make myself available to answer questions I know. Ǻπϑ when I don't know, u will never see my face, I have a way of loosing lecturer's when its time to answer quetions. Don't ask me how!!!!!!!
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by LesbianBoy(m): 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
Back then in school if i couldn't answer a question in class, i playfully try to dodge the question by telling the lecturer to ask me something harder grin grin grin grin
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by PrebabyG(f): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
I wil pray to God 4 d right answer.

1 Like

Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by nekaa(f): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
I hate that feeling....
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by kzokul(m): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
Embarrased!!!! But Once bitten twice shy..
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by switdil(f): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
Me I go fyn sit sidon n wait for him to answer d question afterall I am in sch to learn
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by MrAboki: 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2013
p'scott:
How do you feel when a lecturer points at you and ask you a question in a lecture class and it look's as if you don't have any idea about the answer?

I feel like the teacher is picking on me..

This was why I dropped Biology in secondary school. The Murrafucker kept pointing at me for every questionknowing fully well that I found his teaching style off and hard to comprehend. This led to several bad grades in Biology.. One fateful day, he agains points at me in class. and I lost it;

Biology Teacher: Aboki, whats a Phyllum?!

Aboki: Kai!! Walahi, Talahi, I don vex fa!!

Biology Teacher: Aboki!! What did you say?!

Aboki: I say I no dey do am for Viology again, kuma! Shege dan banza.

With that I left Biology class. BEST DECISION I MADE!!
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by dagentility(f): 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2013
This just happened 2 me in class today,i was on nairaland,when my lecturer pointed at me,i stood up and he told me to answer d question,i was like,which question? He said oh! U wer nt evn payin attention,anyway thank God i answered it correctly,if not i would hav sat down in shame.
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by s3nn2x(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
I really don't care because I know that I am better than those that answer questions in class. Infact, I never answered questions in class. Throughout my stay in University, the only time I answered questions was when I was asked a quuestion by one of my lecturers in 300level and Ifumbled.

1 Like

Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by maxisfield(f): 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
I feel normal joor mus evrybdy ansa questn in a lecture class undecided
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Donmichaelz(m): 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
I only feel bad if I read the topic and can't narrate, but if I didn't mstww I start by repeating the question and try to confuse d lecturer till he gets annoyed and shout Sit down... smiley dat doesn't makE u a dummy, am in 4.6 by the way nobody can tell me am dumb cos I failed to answer his question,I am shy in class,but not in the Exam hall.......#teamLet my Result speak#

1 Like

Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Sike(m): 4:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
Same way I feel when I fail my exams. sad
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by lullyboy: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
Cool and in d mood 2 defend a court case...just dribble round till am told to sit.......*genius
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Jccy(f): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
Nothing,bt wen ur guy or babe de dere'? Olodo
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by deeptesting(m): 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
Back them in class I simply say NO IDEA SIR and take my seat without the lecturers permission...I was asked to leave the class twice by the same Dude,well it was cool for me because he stopped disturbing my peace....I will jokingly tell my pals......guy if I know the answer to the lectures question why I come dey disturb myself to come class..
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Jccy(f): 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
U see d result of u not answrn qustns in class,, "olodo"
s3nn2x: I really don't care because I know that I am better than those that answer questions in class. Infact, I never answered questions in class. Throughout my stay in University, the only time I answered questions was when I was a question by one of my lecturers in 300lever and I fumbled.
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by adepojuis: 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
*peeps in* no be person lecturer see he dey ask questn?#team let my result speak 4 me jor#
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Petbuk123(m): 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2013
2moro s anoda day,u cant know all things
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Amadaz(m): 4:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
i jus put my face down like a paraded armed robber
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by godwinony(m): 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
never happens to me..i always usually reads the topic before the lecturer teaches it, that way, the class is like a revision to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: Husband Killed His Wife Because Of This Pix / School Hostel Building Collapses In Numan, Adamawa. One Student Dies / JAMB Candidates Protest At New Telegraph's Office (photo And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.