Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? (15557 Views)

Test Your IQ: Solve This Question In 10 Seconds / See Pic Of Bored Student Attending A Lecture At The University Of Ibadan In 1953 / Ten Types Of People You Would Probably Meet In A Lecture Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Oluschenco(m): 5:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
I am in school to learn and gain confidence.
There is no harm in inability to answer questions as long as i don't fail exams.

3 Likes

Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by profem1(m): 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
godwinony: never happens to me..i always usually reads the topic before the lecturer teaches it, that way, the class is like a revision to me.
na so M̶̲̥̅̊γ̲̣̣̥ BB screen crack ...*gbagaun*

1 Like

Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
I sit with my brilliant frnds in most classes,so they help me out in such situations. i do the same for them.
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by AGgal(f): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2013
I was a very shy person during my high sch days. Mere pointing @me to answer a question was enuf to make me faint n wen i finally stand up without having an answer,i'll wish d ground shld open up n swallow me alive. But in d higher institution,i wasn't so shy. If i was asked a questn dat i dnt have d correct answer to i'll simply say anytin n burst into laughter. The whole class will join me n dat'll be all
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by ucheokpara100(m): 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2013
no idear sir.
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by godwinony(m): 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
prof.em:
na so M̶̲̥̅̊γ̲̣̣̥ BB screen crack ...*gbagaun*
Make e burn sef..
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by s3nn2x(m): 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
Jccy: U see d result of u not answrn qustns in class,, "olodo"
I'd assume you were joking or something! I was at work and typing in a very uncomfortable position. BTW, do I even know you? Abeg face your book joor!
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by PatAkpos: 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
I always liked doing the invisible act in class to avoid been called on to answer questions but when it became unavoidable, i talk OP with SO MUCH confidence. Na me u wan disgrace?
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
I feel akward and stupid too
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Babaji111(m): 6:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
I will feel ok and be reminded of being just a learner. dats all. Besides if I know everything I shouldn't be there. undecided
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by EejaNla01(m): 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
So awkward, I hate!
Some lectures would intentionally want to disgrace person. embarassed
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by greall1: 6:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
Challenges
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by adeyak83(m): 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
JudismphD: Inability to answer question leads to intra-personal communcation (communcation within self) which finds expression in self-condemnation and denial most time. The mind, body and soul automatically vanish from whatever the lecturer is teaching. You gaze to the blackboard but far from the white substance all over it. After a lecturer must have said "Mr. Man sit down", The next thought are "chai, i just fall my hand" "who i see this morning oo, "which kind soap i take bath self, " that why i no like to dey wear this cloth, he to dey flashy, na only me dey class "that why i no dey like sit down for front seat, "this useless man just wan spoil this babe wey i dey shadow na" etc lol, after a few moment of failure, you later console yourself by saying "afterall Dangote is not the most brilliant Nigeria and no say na third class Gani F get for sch what a man will be will be. Niger i hail o!
On point....lol, wisky! wisky! Shai
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Evalsam1(m): 7:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
I feel embarrassed.
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by SpicyMimi(f): 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
Terrible!
I can remeber some years ago, it was on my bday nd i sat close to a frd who read all thru d night, so she ws actually dozn while the lecture ws goin on. The way she ws dozn really got me laughn....her head ws almst hittn d table, i had to cover my mouth tightly cause i didnt wna cause any distractions, bsds the lecturer in class then is or ws a very mean man. So i tried all i could to stop my self frm laughn...until the attendance sheet was passed to her nd she held it for like10mins writtn nd drawn all sorts...she ws sleep-writing! So when i saw that...i just bursted out into laughter nd then gbam! The lecture pointed at me nd askd me a question! Omo...me wey no concentrate bfore...my laff turn into tears straight...i ws just tryn to twist d question nd answer bt it didnt work...the man insulted me frm my hair to shoes...i actually wntd d ground to open up nd swallow me up atm! I mean with all my fine girl? Chaiiii!

After that day, i strtd sittn at d back. sad

1 Like

Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by toprealman: 8:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
Unless you have complex issue, you are not meant to know everything.
If you don't know the answer say so ASAP. Spending time thinking will only make you look stupid. Those that are always answering questions are hardly among the best in class.
The end justifies the means matey.
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
U can't know everything life u learn every day if I know too much wats the need of me coming to sch. U can't know everything
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2013
Feel like your head is empty

1 Like

Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Revolva(m): 12:29am On Aug 07, 2013
coolespecially girls....in lectures class they dont seems to answer any questions just dont know why but na dem dey get 2,1
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by OduntanGabriel(m): 12:37am On Aug 07, 2013
I just feel like "wow, I just got popular"..... At least people can notice me henceforth...
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Ama28(f): 12:50am On Aug 07, 2013
I feel angry at myself and stupid but I had more cases of lecturers shutting me up than my not knowing what to say because even if na prof I must say something but the problem is, the answer will be so wrong the lecturer will shut me up! Hahahhaha
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by ot001(m): 1:32am On Aug 07, 2013
SpicyMimi: Terrible!
I can remeber some years ago, it was on my bday nd i sat close to a frd who read all thru d night, so she ws actually dozn while the lecture ws goin on. The way she ws dozn really got me laughn....her head ws almst hittn d table, i had to cover my mouth tightly cause i didnt wna cause any distractions, bsds the lecturer in class then is or ws a very mean man. So i tried all i could to stop my self frm laughn...until the attendance sheet was passed to her nd she held it for like10mins writtn nd drawn all sorts...she ws sleep-writing! So when i saw that...i just bursted out into laughter nd then gbam! The lecture pointed at me nd askd me a question! Omo...me wey no concentrate bfore...my laff turn into tears straight...i ws just tryn to twist d question nd answer bt it didnt work...the man insulted me frm my hair to shoes...i actually wntd d ground to open up nd swallow me up atm! I mean with all my fine girl? Chaiiii!

After that day, i strtd sittn at d back. sad
Super Stowie mate
LOL
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Oludrex(m): 2:45am On Aug 07, 2013
Feel terribly bad for my dad wastin his money on sendin a potential great footballer to Convenant University...
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by EdwardAkande(m): 5:46am On Aug 07, 2013
I dont feel bad, as long as it's not a semester exam or c.a test. Btw, why will i not be able to answer it? Except ofcos if no one in this world can answer it, cos i believe that i can do all things through Christ's strenght.
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by 4lorunsho(m): 7:39am On Aug 07, 2013
JudismphD: Inability to answer question leads to intra-personal communcation (communcation within self) which finds expression in self-condemnation and denial most time. The mind, body and soul automatically vanish from whatever the lecturer is teaching. You gaze to the blackboard but far from the white substance all over it. After a lecturer must have said "Mr. Man sit down", The next thought are "chai, i just fall my hand" "who i see this morning oo, "which kind soap i take bath self, " that why i no like to dey wear this cloth, he to dey flashy, na only me dey class "that why i no dey like sit down for front seat, "this useless man just wan spoil this babe wey i dey shadow na" etc lol, after a few moment of failure, you later console yourself by saying "afterall Dangote is not the most brilliant Nigeria and no say na third class Gani F get for sch what a man will be will be. Niger i hail o!
the stuff don do u b4
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 07, 2013
I have always been lecturers boy since my university days. Got 2 distinctions in my 2nd mbbs, won a scholarship scheme and apparently, am graduating as the second best in my set.
last bullet...My uncle even gave me a Honda evil spirit gift for my academic superb performance
Now gimme reason why I should feel somehow if I fail a question in class......i have a good academic history, so everybody always take it to be my unlucky day when I fail question which I rarely do sha.

Haters its your turn now
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by dorryben(f): 8:49am On Aug 07, 2013
I feel like olodo of the highest order. bt after dat class I will go n read up the answer for dat question
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by chukwuinya: 9:01am On Aug 07, 2013
challenged and the urge to go researching
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by MacLovington(m): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2013
Nna, the thing can be somewhat embarrassing. But I always sat in front of LT so profs may not bother you too much. But in Problem Based Learning method and seminars (not seminar meetings as most know it) here in Europe, lecturing is actually more of a quiz session.

When you are among hyper-intelligent students from UK, Sweden, Japan, China, France, Germany, USA etc and you are the only black person in a small seminar group of 30 people, it's even more important to get it right most times.

The dreaded response from prof was" if you do that you will kill your patient and you will have to explain it all to the coroner". LOL.
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by abenabisa: 10:02am On Aug 07, 2013
Hot & FAB: Naa Ashorkor new Photo-Shoot! Naa Ashorkor’s Shows of her killer body curves...
See more » http://www.iafrica.tv/?p=21343
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by Damsman10(m): 10:48am On Aug 07, 2013
Be sorry 4 myself and hope nxt tym i answer d f*ckin question
Re: When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? by madjune(m): 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
I WENT THROUGH THIS IN MY SKOOL DAYS. I WILL STAND UP AND BORINGLY STARE AT THE TEACHER AS HE STARES BACK FOR LONG MINUTES. ONE OF US USUALLY GETS TIRED NO SOONER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Ten Most Educated States In Nigeria - WAEC 2016 / Auchi Poly Spat Semester Result Checker / JAMB Candidates Protest At New Telegraph's Office (photo And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.