Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Religion To Disappear By 2041 Claims New Study - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion To Disappear By 2041 Claims New Study (2091 Views)

Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text / Church Members Of Lagos Pastor Held For Drug Trafficking Disappear / Your Wealthy Religion To Belong Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion To Disappear By 2041 Claims New Study by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 25, 2013
ninja4life:
dats wat i'm trying to say,cos influence of religion will be diminished in country like nigeria where almost every political decision revolve around religion and tribe.in d west religion might be extinct by 2041 but in africa i doubt it i hope it dies quickly most esp in nigeria in order to give way for science.

well said
Re: Religion To Disappear By 2041 Claims New Study by turnstoner(m): 11:00am On Jul 25, 2013
I think for all REASONABLE people all over the world religion has already disapeared smiley

2 Likes

Re: Religion To Disappear By 2041 Claims New Study by nnofaith: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2013
turnstoner: I think for all REASONABLE people all over the world religion has already disapeared smiley
word!
Re: Religion To Disappear By 2041 Claims New Study by skyfall: 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
oh i can't wait, "thank god" tongue grin wink
Re: Religion To Disappear By 2041 Claims New Study by manmustwac(m): 12:35am On Jul 26, 2013
Back in the 70s here in london I remember white people came to church & we blacks were the minority. Fast forward 30 years now we black people are the majority & the white people are the minority.
Re: Religion To Disappear By 2041 Claims New Study by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 26, 2013
I would love to see that happen but I personally feel that some people are so inherently evil that only religion can keep them in check.So,religion serves a good purpose on one hand.
Re: Religion To Disappear By 2041 Claims New Study by turnstoner(m): 7:50am On Jul 26, 2013
Beretta92: I would love to see that happen but I personally feel that some people are so inherently evil that only religion can keep them in check.So,religion serves a good purpose on one hand.

Religion is not inherent, therefore, it can not and does not hold inherently evil people in check. What holds them is man-made law and order (where it is well developed):

The law catches up with them and keeps them behind bars or sends them to the gallows for good.

1 Like

Re: Religion To Disappear By 2041 Claims New Study by ninja4life(m): 10:27am On Jul 26, 2013
Beretta92: I would love to see that happen but I personally feel that some people are so inherently evil that only religion can keep them in check.So,religion serves a good purpose on one hand.
well u might be right but dats only for staunch religion adherent not d hyprocrites theists we hav in nigeria,despite our religion there is high corruption,stealing,kidnapping,drug trafficking and son on some of them even pay tithe,religion is no good for a country like nigerians,afterall after u sin maybe u steal all u need to do is to ask 4 forgiveness from a skydaddy alternatively a set law for d country can be used to keep people in bay,like in malaysia where drug trafficking caries a death sentence even though there are still drug traffickers in d country but dat law helped reduced it to its minimum due to d consequence when caught so if we can apply law rightly evil in people can be minimized.my opinion

1 Like

Re: Religion To Disappear By 2041 Claims New Study by mazaje(m): 12:57pm On Jul 26, 2013

Religion does NOT keep any body in check, the fear of being caught or the fear of the consequence that might come with your action of incations is what keeps people in check not religion. . .Nigeria ia the most religious country I have ever stepped my foot in and it remains the most rotten and morally deficient country I have ever visited. . .Religion has nothing to do with keeping people in check. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today Is All Saints Day! / Wish A Nairalander Merry Christmas... / Why You Shouldn't Listen To 'daddy Freeze'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.