Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,926 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Opportunities Or My Home??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opportunities Or My Home??? (1110 Views)

Must I Befriend My Husband Mistress Before There Will Be Peace In My Home? / My Home Is Breaking / Forcing My Mother-in-law To Leave My Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opportunities Or My Home??? by gentledove(f): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
I am a mother of two. My husband works in Lagos and i in abuja. i really do want to redeploy myself to Lagos becos pple kept calling me that my husby is not looking and feeding well. But if i leave, opportunities at headquarters will be lost. I have opted to sacrifice opportunities for my home. do u think i am making a wrong decision
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
Is it only looking and feeding well you are worried about?. pls continue to stay in abuja and you will soon welcome a new Iyawo in your house. Then all those abuja opportunities, you will be alone to enjoy it.Congratulations in advance

2 Likes

Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by kreamidiva(f): 3:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
What God has joined together,let no opportunity in headquarters put asunder.a word is enough for the wise. lipsrsealed
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by biolabee(m): 3:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
Is there any option of hubby trf to abj as that is even better for family life

If not move to lagos

It's part of the sacrifices
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
gentledove: I am a mother of two. My husband works in Lagos and i in abuja. i really do want to redeploy myself to Lagos becos pple kept calling me that my husby is not looking and feeding well. But if i leave, opportunities at headquarters will be lost. I have opted to sacrifice opportunities for my home. do u think i am making a wrong decision

Will you still have a job if you relocate? If yes, then I suggest you do just that . . .

If you can work from where you hubby resides then it doesnt really matter that you are not at the head office. Your family comes first! IMO.
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by taryour(f): 4:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
madam abeg relocate to lagos sharp sharp before any thin legged girl go and start feeding and making your hubby look good. Whatever opportunity that's yours will come to you wherever you are says the lord if you believe in him and have faith.
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by EfemenaXY: 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
biolabee: Is there any option of hubby trf to abj as that is even better for family life

If not move to lagos

It's part of the sacrifices

You took the words right out of my mouth.

@OP: In addition to that, who earns more and has more prospects? The person with the lesser income should seek to make the change, else you both need to sit down and discuss matters properly and decide who should transfer.
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by gentledove(f): 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
@ honey86, haba. Which nonsense iyawo be dat. i am relocating sharp sharp. cheesy i am grateful.
@ Kreami diva, lolllzzz. well noted.
@ biolabee, opportunities dey for him in Stock Exchange but the process is taking too long. Hoping it works out soon. But really will be relocting jare.
@ Ujujoan, Yes, I will.
@ taryour, Thanks a lot. Grateful. Packing my load already. lolllzzz. wink
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
taryour: madam abeg relocate to lagos sharp sharp before any thin legged girl go and start feeding and making your hubby look good. Whatever opportunity that's yours will come to you wherever you are says the lord if you believe in him and have faith.
Exactly! I had a similar case during my time.Then no child yet. It only took my boss an introduction to my husband at a collegue's wedding to give me sack letter.sack letter.upon that she warned me not to step into that building again. Her exact words" and u yp,don't ever come here again,work my foot,stubborn gal"
I left crying and wanted to kill her for doin that to me.
But today,I just thank God for her rash decision. Do u know that I took in d first day I set my feet on that city? And everything that followed has bn double double.
So please,though its not easy but do d right thing and God will c u tru.

1 Like

Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
You mentioned redeployment so I suppose you will still have a job and be on the same salary. Only difference is that you think you may not have as much opportunities in Lagos. That is in itself is perception as Lagos may even provide more opportunities.

Your marriage comes first in any situation. You do not sound like you have been married for long (over 15 years), and you are still raising children. That job can come and go, a better one can even come. But you cant afford to lose your family.

1 Like

Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by biolabee(m): 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
If it's capital market there are more opportunites are in lag as that is where the stock market is

Lagos is a madhouse
Choi traffic hen
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by EfemenaXY: 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Exactly! I had a similar case during my time.Then no child yet. It only took my boss an introduction to my husband at a collegue's wedding to give me sack letter.sack letter.upon that she warned me not to step into that building again. Her exact words" and u yp,don't ever come here again,work my foot,stubborn gal"
I left crying and wanted to kill her for doin that to me.
But today,I just thank God for her rash decision. Do u know that I took in d first day I set my feet on that city? And everything that followed has bn double double.
So please,though its not easy but do d right thing and God will c u tru.

How come? Based on what?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by yiboboy: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
Walahi, there's nothing gentle about this dove! grin Your call anyways! If your husband go give one small girl belle now, u go run come here come dey tell us how men are not to be trusted. . . mtchewww!
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by gentledove(f): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
@ Chaircover,
1. i go once in 3 months becos of my job
2. we have 3 bedroom flat of our own
3. he dresses well. but eating well, nope. he comes very late in the night and ends up eating indomine.
4. Our Monistry has a liason office in Ikoyi. I can get a letter of deployment to the office.
5. Kids are with me. They are doing well. they are still young - 3yrs, 1yr old.

@ Efemena xy - He earns more in his place of work and he is so stable in his office.
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by gentledove(f): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
@ Nashville, i am 4 years old in marriage.
@ Biolabee, husby told me dat too. More prospects in lagos for him. cool
@ Yiboboy, well said. smiley
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2013

1 Like

Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by EfemenaXY: 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
Well then, case settled.

~ Hubby earns more
~ He's not looking or feeding well
~ You don't want a Jezebel getting her itchy talons into your man
~ Transferring / relocating is possible as you'll still have a job...

My sister, no need for long story. Get the ball rolling, pack your bags, kids, and go join your man!

1 Like

Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by biolabee(m): 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
You can always come back to HO
For now though I think lag is better

1 Like

Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
Efemena_xy:

How come? Based on what?? undecided
My dear,I was married but no kid yet.hv bn trying for some time and hubby's transfer did not help matter.so many missed flight, not been together to do d bedmatic and my madam is aware of all these. Already we hv one madam in our dept married for 8yrs w'out any. After going to that fateful wedding with hubby, grapevine become very thick about me.
My madam called me one day and give me the letter.according to her since I don't want to save my marriage,she want to do it for me and God should forgive her if she is doing d wrong thing.
She knew my history and we r very close. I reluctantly followed my husband. the rest they say is history.
Efema,I understand ur ? But that is what u get in private organization.had it been govt work,I would hv asked for a transfer.
I didn't bother to contest it cos I know she did it out of motherly care based on what she knew about me.
Infact,its very emotional for me but will tell my story one of these days.
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by EfemenaXY: 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
My dear,I was married but no kid yet.hv bn trying for some time and hubby's transfer did not help matter.so many missed flight, not been together to do d bedmatic and my madam is aware of all these. Already we hv one madam in our dept married for 8yrs w'out any. After going to that fateful wedding with hubby, grapevine become very thick about me.
My madam called me one day and give me the letter.according to her since I don't want to save my marriage,she want to do it for me and God should forgive her if she is doing d wrong thing.
She knew my history and we r very close. I reluctantly followed my husband. the rest they say is history.
Efema,I understand ur ? But that is what u get in private organization.had it been govt work,I would hv asked for a transfer.
I didn't bother to contest it cos I know she did it out of motherly care based on what she knew about me.
Infact,its very emotional for me but will tell my story one of these days.

She had absolutely no right to do that!

Kai!! Nigeria, we hail thee. If that was done over here, her a$$ and that of the company would have been sued for unfair dismissal and they'll pay through their noses in compensation to you for the lost earnings, mental trauma, etc caused onto you.

Mtcheew!

2 Likes

Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
Job wey you fit lose anytime

1 Like

Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
Efemena_xy:

She had absolutely no right to do that!

Kai!! Nigeria, we hail thee. If that was done over here, her a$$ and that of the company would have been sued for unfair dismissal and they'll pay through their noses in compensation to you for the lost earnings, mental trauma, etc caused onto you.

Mtcheew!
Yeppa,she absolutely has no right. Blackmail,I guess.
But plenty odds were against me at that time.I had to obey 100%.
Though she helped me secure my present place after I told her I was expectin a baby.still like a mummy to me.
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by EfemenaXY: 5:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Yeppa,she absolutely has no right. Blackmail,I guess.
But plenty odds were against me at that time.I had to obey 100%.
Though she helped me secure my present place after I told her I was expectin a baby.still like a mummy to me.

Be that as it may, what she did was crass and very unprofessional.

Your private life is your private life and a line should have been drawn there. Whatever was happening there, as long as it wasn't affecting your performance at work was not her concern. She wouldn't dare do that over here.

Anyway, na Naija and stuff happens.
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by slimyem: 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
^Obviously,they had a relationship beyond official form what yellowpawpaw's said. There were no lines drawn and she was cool with it.

2 Likes

Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by gentledove(f): 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
@ Yellopawpaw, thats serious. so sorry abt that. thank God its over now. smiley
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by gentledove(f): 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ministry of Foreign Affairs is where i work. oops. just discussed with my boss. He felt bad i am leaving....but he concluded, YOUR HOME IS MORE IMPORTANT. thanks friends. You guys rock!!! Lagos, here i come. wink
Re: Opportunities Or My Home??? by yiboboy: 6:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ok! Thread closed!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Meet-up Thread For The Deaf And Dumb On Nairaland / Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day / 7 Things Happy People Do Before Going To Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.