Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day (1102 Views)

Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights / Bride Breastfeeding Her Child On Wedding Day (pics) / Bride Dumps Groom On Wedding Day For Being A Drop-Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day by PROCTOR: 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
Any objection
Re: Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day by braine(m): 8:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
I wonder why too. Someone may actually have a reason why they shouldn't be married tho.
Re: Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day by PROCTOR: 9:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
[quote author=braine post=27671486]I wonder why too. Someone may actually have a reason why they shouldn't be married tho.[/quote
then should his reason be consequential
Re: Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
Even if u had a very serious reason, would u still hav the effontery to raise up ur hand considering the fact that the congregation would tag u as a wedding crasher
Re: Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day by Kanwulia: 11:16pm On Nov 02, 2014
Old fashion tinsez!
Even when 2 or 3 women store are threatening to give birth for the same groom AT THE SAME ALTAR, the show MUST GO ON! grin

Marriage bans ko!
Re: Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day by 5minsmadness: 8:36am On Nov 03, 2014
The church wants to make sure there is no coercion or manipulation or blackmailing or unfinished business between the couples. Marriage is supposed to be entered into with a free mind, nothing hidden. If anyone raises an objection it will be heard and the marriage might be postponed.

However those were olden days methods. The priest says it nowadays just for formality as all the objections should have been taken care of before the wedding day.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day by Juzzybabe(f): 9:50am On Nov 03, 2014
The Catholic church would have announced the union 3 different Sundays and even have it placed in the bulletin for haters to see and speak while they can. Av asked why they still ask at the wedding proper and I was told if any1 raises alarm,the event will be placed on hold until settled.
Re: Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day by greatgod2012(f): 8:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
@juzzybaby,the same with Anglican churches.
Re: Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day by thorpido(m): 9:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
If there is any objection,the priest should actually place the wedding on hold till it is sorted.It's not just for formality but you won't find anyone objecting most times.My sister's friend's wedding was stopped because of it.
The priest even asks the intending couple if there is any reason why they think they should not be joined.
Re: Why Do They Ask This Question On wedding Day by Warfibabe(f): 10:22am On Nov 04, 2014
Very unnecessary question! not when the couple are Already wedded traditionally prior to the white wedding

(1) (Reply)

Ugandan nanny Who Beat Up Toddler In Viral video Charged With Attempted Murder / Am In A Precarious Situation What Do I Do? / Dead person,Please Help Contact His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.