Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Why Is Ogogoro Termed Illicit & Jack Daniels Isn't ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Ogogoro Termed Illicit & Jack Daniels Isn't ? (658 Views)

Why Are African Powers Used Negatively And Termed Evil Powers Or Dark Powers / Why Is Ogogoro Termed Illicit & Jack Daniels Isn't? / Why Is Everything Bad Termed BLACK? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Ogogoro Termed Illicit & Jack Daniels Isn't ? by IdomaLikita: 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
Was Hanging Out With My Friends the other Day And An Argument Broke Out When I Told Them The Jacky We Were Drinking Isn't Any Different From The Ogogoro Brewed In The Creeks!
They All Shouted Me Down Saying Ogogoro is an Illicit Gin that is Consumed By The Poor and Has Devastating Health Consequences!
All Efforts to Prove to them that Jack and Sapele Water Are Similar in everything except in Appeal and Taste Proved Abortive!
Then I went home and researched..It then occurred to me that the Whiteman has Aggressively Imposed his "Illicit Gin" on us while urging urs to see ours as Poison..
All over the World, Countries Promote their Beverages as the No.1 national Drink( Tequila, Sake, Cider, Scotch, etc)...yet here, we call ours 'Illicit..How Sad..
A Visit to the Supermarket Liquor Section shows exotic Liquor with Alc. Content ranging from 0.1 to 66% yet our dear "Ogogoro" is always Conspicuously Missing from the Shelves?
I think the Government should Regulate the Production and Sale of Ogogoro, and Promote Investment in the Market..since its our own flavour!

As for me, if I must take Spirit and Coke, Then It should be Sapele Water and Coke..Afterall, all of them have the same Goal of Packing my Liver.

What do you guyz think?
Re: Why Is Ogogoro Termed Illicit & Jack Daniels Isn't ? by liloelawwal(m): 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2013
same of the same
Re: Why Is Ogogoro Termed Illicit & Jack Daniels Isn't ? by ManTiger(m): 2:05am On Jul 26, 2013
@OP: you've said it all!
Unfortunately, we're still suffering from Slavery of Mindset. Which is why we patronizes more of foreign products.
But Ogogoro can shut down one's kidney o.
Re: Why Is Ogogoro Termed Illicit & Jack Daniels Isn't ? by Stingky(m): 5:02am On Jul 28, 2013
You see, this where we got it wrong. OGOGORO na Ogogoro no matter what fancy name you choose to call it. Jack Daniels or Jack Bouer its all the same stuff.

(1) (Reply)

My Sisters Elaborate Traditional Wedding In New York / Igbo Scholar Disgraces Femi Fani-kayode / If You Are Remo In Ogun State Lets Me Here For Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.