Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test (1759 Views)

Important Advice For Intending Couples / Surrogacy Services Now Available In Nigeria For Intending Parents / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test by Borlanleh(f): 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
Av always wondered when is the right time couples-to-be are meant to go for medical test/check up. Is it before introduction,b4 engagement,b4 marriage or even before u accept his proposal to be his girlfriend,cos finding out after introduction,engagement or some weeks/days to wedding that u r nt compatible will really hurt.What do u guys think?
Re: When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test by ajasbaba(m): 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
well i think before engagement is just the right choice.then if any lagabu or surprise happens u can know how to handle it maturedly.dont forget weeks before weeding do onoda one to be on the safer side.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
ajas baba: well i think before engagement is just the right choice.then if any lagabu or surprise happens u can know how to handle it maturedly.dont forget weeks before weeding do onoda one to be on the safer side.
i'll inform my love is blind friends and those that put their brains inside vagina before entering a marriage
Re: When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
Borlanleh: Av always wondered when is the right time couples-to-be are meant to go for medical test/check up. Is it before introduction,b4 engagement,b4 marriage or even before u accept his proposal to be his girlfriend,cos finding out after introduction,engagement or some weeks/days to wedding that u r nt compatible will really hurt.What do u guys think?

It depends on the type of 'check-up' you have in mind . .

If it's for STDs, then I say before you begin ANY type of sexual relations. engaged or not!

If it's for Genotype and blood group then I think every adult of marriageable age should already know these things about him/herself!

If it's for fertility, then I say NEVER . . . i don't belive one should make that grounds for marriage.
Re: When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test by EfemenaXY: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
Borlanleh: Av always wondered when is the right time couples-to-be are meant to go for medical test/check up. Is it before introduction,b4 engagement,b4 marriage or even before u accept his proposal to be his girlfriend,cos finding out after introduction,engagement or some weeks/days to wedding that u r nt compatible will really hurt.What do u guys think?

Before they have s.ex.

It's common sense.
Re: When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
Before even telling their parents of their intention to marry.
Re: When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test by lindywey2k(f): 6:49am On Aug 04, 2013
B4 acceptn d proposal.
Re: When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 04, 2013
I think what op has in mind is the comprehensive tests. That kind of tests u do if u r about to travel outside ur country.
We did ours before wedding cos it was required in the church. Why we didn't border when dating was bc we already hv our individual reports, but reverend said we must present new reports.
So I think when dating should be appropriate.
Re: When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test by mgbeketoto: 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. . . .OR PREVENT! kiss

SICKLE CELL. . . .?
STIs/STDs. . . .?
PYCHIATRIC ILLNESSES. . . .?
UNTIMELY DEATH. . . .? cheesy

DOES IT STOP YOU FROM CATCHING AIDS OR STROKE AFTER MARRIAGE? cheesy

Why bother?
Does it stop you from loving a person who is MEANT FOR YOU? undecided

I frankly have done that in the past. . .due to PARANOIA. . . .I could care less now.

Whatever my DARLING husband or BOYFRIENDS bring home. . . I shall accept in GOOD FAITH! cool

Life is to be enjoyed. . .not feared!

NEXT TIME. . .BEG THE 'DENSE DIVINITIES' to create a PERFECT WORLD. . . DISEAAAAAAAASE AND DEVIL FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! kiss
Re: When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test by smartmom(f): 9:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
mgbeketoto: It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. . . .OR PREVENT! kiss

SICKLE CELL. . . .?
STIs/STDs. . . .?
PYCHIATRIC ILLNESSES. . . .?
UNTIMELY DEATH. . . .? cheesy

DOES IT STOP YOU FROM CATCHING AIDS OR STROKE AFTER MARRIAGE? cheesy

Why bother?
Does it stop you from loving a person who is MEANT FOR YOU? undecided

I frankly have done that in the past. . .due to PARANOIA. . . .I could care less now.

Whatever my DARLING husband or BOYFRIENDS bring home. . . I shall accept in GOOD FAITH! cool

Life is to be enjoyed. . .not feared!

NEXT TIME. . .BEG THE 'DENSE DIVINITIES' to create a PERFECT WORLD. . . DISEAAAAAAAASE AND DEVIL FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! kiss

Good luck to you but I hope you tell your daughter or son otherwise when they are grown. Its too painful to watch the outcome of 'mistakes' that can result from consequences of a medical mismatch. Sicklers are the ones who suffer excruciating pains when parents who are too 'in love' to check their match.

Why should a anyone have to suffer for another person's mistakes?

Poster, once you know the relationship is going anywhere, subtly and quickly find out each others genotype and other health status(HIV INCLUSIVE smiley)
Re: When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test by mgbeketoto: 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
smartmom:

Good luck to you but I hope you tell your daughter or son otherwise when they are grown. Its too painful to watch the outcome of 'mistakes' that can result from consequences of a medical mismatch. Sicklers are the ones who suffer excruciating pains when parents who are too 'in love' to check their match.

Why should a anyone have to suffer for another [size=20pt]person's undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided[/size] mistakes?

Poster, once you know the relationship is going anywhere, subtly and quickly find out each others genotype and other health status(HIV INCLUSIVE smiley)

Interesting.
Just goes a long way to show your level of immaturity and LACK OF UNDERSTAZNDING ABOUT LIFE IN GENERAL. . . not to mention SPECIFICS! grin
What is a MEDICAL MISMATCH? undecided

PSYCHIATRIC MISMATCH NKO?. . .AKA MARRIAGE AMONGST ETHNIC TABOOS ALL AROUND NIGERIA AND AFRICA . . .LIKE WAZOBIA MARRIAGES BREEDING CHILDREN WITH ALL KINDS OF MENTAL DISORDERS WITH NO KNOWN CURES NKO? cry ARE THEY NOT WORSE THAN HAVING SICKLE CELL OR FULL-BLOWN-AIDS?. . .IN MY HUMBLEST OPINION OH. . . CHAI!!!! cry cry cry cry

ARE YOU GOD? DID YOU CREATE PEOPLE? undecided
DID YOU OR I CREATE SICKLE CELL? undecided

I ask you again. . .CAN YOU PREVENT HIV. . .OR STROKE AFTER MARRIAGE? kiss
Soooooo, if my husband catches AIDS and 'dashes' moi. . . I SHOULD THROW HIM INTO THE LAGOON OR KILL HIM ABI? grin
A MAN THAT I LOVE DEARLY? undecided DID HE CREATE AIDS? IS HE NOT A HUMAN? undecided IS HE NOT A PERSON?

LIFE IS A RISK. . .TAKE YOURS. . .I TAKE MINEZZZZ! cool

I'd rather die IN LOVE. . .AMONGST LOVED ONES. . . THAN WITHOUT ONE! kiss MY H-AGNOSTIC GOD BLESS THE WHITE RACE FOR TEACHING ME THAT! kiss

Sit here or there and worry about THIS AND THAT. . .WHILE THE WORLD PASSES YOU BY!

All the best ma! kiss

CHRISTIAN LIFE NA WAYA!!! MU CHE CHE CHE CHE CHE CHE!!!!

*BELCHEZZZZ*
Re: When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test by smartmom(f): 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2013
@mgbeketoto

Well well well, I normally would not bother to reply to insulting replies but for the sake of clarity and those who might learn, I will try hard to 'maturely' smiley from the little understanding of life I have in the few years of my sojourn here on earth to throw light to what I know.

If you have consciously and deliberately for the sake of love chosen to marry someone with a 50% chance of siring a sickler if you are also in thesame category(ie if both of you are AS) then please carry on in love and do not prccreate because you will not remain in love when that child is screaming out in pains during a crisis. Will you tell that innocent child that you both were so giddy in love that you had to take a chance or are you sure your faith will carry you through and you will birth sickle cell free children? If you have such faith, go ahead and sail through with your love but if you dont please keep 3rd parties out of it.

If before you get married you discover your spouse to be is HIV positive and you have enough love and couselling to handle the outcome, go ahead and marry him/her but be prepared and armed.

If your spouse gets stroke, of course you must love and care for him/her till death parts you. That is the whole package but hey me dear, when your spouse gets HIV because he is HUMAN, be careful not to become a recipient of INHUMANE 'dashing' and making your offspring orphans. 'love' him with 'caution' and protection. It is common sense. I know of a man who humanly (and habitually) erred and contracted HIV and 'lovingly' dashed his 2 wives, went ahead and inhumanely ignored them and went ahead to take retroviral drugs only for himself. Of course they were good wives and innocently loved their husband whole heartedly. !! They both died and he is still living and you bet living well loving other women.

P[b]SYCHIATRIC MISMATCH NKO?. . .AKA MARRIAGE AMONGST ETHNIC TABOOS ALL AROUND NIGERIA AND AFRICA . . .LIKE WAZOBIA MARRIAGES BREEDING CHILDREN WITH ALL KINDS OF MENTAL DISORDERS WITH NO KNOWN CURES NKO? cry ARE THEY NOT WORSE THAN HAVING SICKLE CELL OR FULL-BLOWN-AIDS?. . .IN MY HUMBLEST OPINION OH. . . CHAI!!
[/b]

I do honestly dont have a clue of what the above is all about. You lost me here

But you know what dear? Every man to his own. Take a risk but do let those who want to let the world pass them by be!

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test by mgbeketoto: 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2013
Old topic.
Lost interest.
Bye. kiss

(1) (Reply)

Woman Uses Acid To Wash Private Part After Having Illicit Sexual Intercourse / Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... / am at the breaking point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.