Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,538 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... (1754 Views)

Pregnant Sickle Cell Survivor Anne Welsh Celebrates At Her Baby Shower (photos) / Mother Burnt Her Child's Hand To Stop Her From Sucking Her Fingers (Photos) / see what a toddler is doing(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by raystanley(m): 9:13pm On Feb 09, 2015
She goes to extent of unpluging batteries from Desktop Chargers and that charging at back of UPS. And suck d batteries connector pin-pannels...Even when i try to keep batteries away frm her reach, she leaves her toys behind and take any Cell phone on sight and smarsh it on d floor possibly d battery comes and d next is to see her busy sucking d connector panel... I dont know abou other babies? If its common among them...?
Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2015
You have a female battery charger in the making

4 Likes

Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:21pm On Feb 09, 2015
Who knows u might have mistakenly coated the cell phone battery with breast milk unknowingly& now ur baby see's it as an alternative to practical breast..

SUGGESTION: damp ur cell phone battery in a water squeezed out from bitterleaf & thank me later.. GRACIAS!

1 Like

Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by Odillz: 9:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
Same with my 9months old niece..
We soaked the batteries in pepperish water.
Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Who knows u might have mistakenly coated the cell phone battery with breast milk unknowingly& now ur baby see's it as an alternative to practical breast..

SUGGESTION: damp ur cell phone battery in a water squeezed out from bitterleaf & thank me later.. GRACIAS!
dangerous advice. the bitter leaf juice will only end up being contaminated by poisonous chemical. If u put a phone battery at the tip of ur tongue, if gives off a tingling sweet effect that makes u wanna continue. That's what's attracting the baby.

4 Likes

Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by bennyrazz: 9:44pm On Feb 09, 2015
children born in this computer age are something else
Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 09, 2015
Is it difficult to keep a nine month old baby away from items that can cause harm?

8 Likes

Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by bluedaze(f): 9:45pm On Feb 09, 2015
Gee, thats a hard one... I dont know, have you considered ...KEEPING THEM OUT OF HER REACH?!!! I dont believe you guys!

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by cococandy(f): 9:50pm On Feb 09, 2015
Pls keep then away from your baby.
What other advice do you need?

Use extension wires and Charge them on shelf tops or cabinet tops higher than the baby's reach.

Na wa

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by BlackLeopard(m): 9:55pm On Feb 09, 2015
Keep the baby off the bateries, the bateries somewhere they can't cause harm, or abandon the bats altogether, because your baby > communications.

I'm not sure this no troll but in case this is serious, yas, solutions b simple.
Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by Wendy80(f): 10:26pm On Feb 09, 2015
Advice is not sought for everythn. Simply keep batteries out of her reach and if u must buy a toy with battery then buy d type with Screws.(that u have to screw to insert or remove batteries).
Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by bukeee(f): 10:30pm On Feb 09, 2015
Yea, my babygirl does same too, she's a year and 3mnths. Its not an addiction...its jst always within her reach. Keep the batteries away that will solve it.[color=#000099][/color][i][/i]

1 Like

Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by Rich4god(m): 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
I see not to get... 9mnths baby, smashing phones to get the ba3 out... And you on your part, you no fit keep ba3s off her reach, abi she get GPS wey dey locate the ba3s...

5 Likes

Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by ArewaSweetheart(f): 11:48am On Feb 10, 2015
raystanley:
She goes to extent of unpluging batteries from Desktop Chargers and that charging at back of UPS. And suck d batteries connector pin-pannels...Even when i try to keep batteries away frm her reach, she leaves her toys behind and take any Cell phone on sight and smarsh it on d floor possibly d battery comes and d next is to see her busy sucking d connector panel... I dont know abou other babies? If its common among them...?

Its just a phase when most toddlers become excessively inquisitive of certain things around them that may or may not be harmful.

Ensure you watch over her thoroughly wen she's awake & moving about. And try not to leave behind these batteries n fones in same room with her i.e if you are with her in the living room, take all the small battry gadgets to your bedroom or any other room to charge.

I know you might later feel stressed after doing the aforementioned routine. But for the sake & well being of your baby, i say its very worth it. Also with time, your baby will learn to avoid those things too as she grows. cool

1 Like

Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
hmmmmm... She's nine months and sucking batteries... I hope and pray when she's 19 yes old she won't be sucking "human batteries" between a man's legs??

Anyway back to the matter. Keep the cell batteries outta reach. If you can't do that, rub hot pepper on the batteries or battery look alike and let her suck it. That will be her last sucking of cell batteries. Trust me, it works. Experience is the best teacher.
Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by soulglo: 1:36am On Feb 11, 2015
How had is it to child proof your house. Batteries are very dangerous. If you cannot keep your 9 month old from batteries then you have a real problem. The child is not even running around yet. What are you going to do then? This is not a laughing matter.

1 Like

Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 11, 2015
soulglo:
How had is it to child proof your house. Batteries are very dangerous. If you cannot keep your 9 month old from batteries then you have a real problem. The child is not even running around yet. What are you going to do then? This is not a laughing matter.

Thank you jor . . . Looks like they don't know the gravity of what is going on. A 9MO addicted to batteries undecided

Sounds ridiculous and portrays the parents as irresponsible.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 11, 2015
buy her chew toys. several until she has a favourite. I hate to condemn parents but you really should watch where she's crawling to
Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by Myself2(m): 3:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
@OP
Is the daddy a Chinko?

Seriously, it's a VERY bad idea to allow toddlers put objects into their mouth as it leads to all manner of mouth, throat and respiratory track infections. Batteries are even worse because of the harmful chemical contents

1 Like

Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by 5minsmadness: 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
Op,
This topic...
Anyway sha, lemme not spoil your fun
Just to let you know that I know smiley
Re: Help! My 9months Old Toddler Is Addited To Sucking Cell Phone Batterie... by onababy(f): 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2017
my 10 months old son throws his daddy's Samsung phone on the floor just so that the battery can fall off and he will pick it up and start sucking and biting it with his four teeth. hahaha. If we take it from him he will start crying. Anytime you fix the battery back to the phone he will still throw it and pick the battery and start biting and sucking. Of we take it from him he will start crying.
I don't like seeing my cute baby boy cry. Please is there a toy I can buy for him that vibrates or that he can suck that will make him happy?

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Answer This Ooo / 13 Things You Should Teach Your Child Before The Age Of 5 / Pls Evaluate My Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.