Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,392 members, 7,954,570 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:49 PM

Lagos And The Omo-onile Fraca: Your Experience And Solution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos And The Omo-onile Fraca: Your Experience And Solution (550 Views)

Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate / Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile / 2015 Elections - Share Your Experience @ Your Polling Unit Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos And The Omo-onile Fraca: Your Experience And Solution by Sirniyeh(m): 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
This Omo-onile issue is getting out of hands in Lagos!
Having accomplished a lot in Ogun State, a friend advised me to come to lagos to have some buildings for rent. With milions of naira I got a plot of land.
When I was about to commence the development of the land, some rogoes came and claim to be Omo-Onile. They demanded for N100,000 before we could start anything on the foundation. Now, I want to do DECKING and they said I must pay N150,000 before I can do anything.
Please, Nairalanders, what is the way out?
I know that the money demanded for is illegal but what is state government doing about them in Lagos?
Is there any mean that this threat could be put to an end in lagos?
Pls, advise on what to do and also share your own experience.
Re: Lagos And The Omo-onile Fraca: Your Experience And Solution by Coldblooded(m): 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
I don't think there is anything the Government can do about it; the evil has come to stay. I witnessed such when I was supervising ma broda's building, they came and demanded for money on each floor.

If you are building 3 storey building, be prepared to settle dem 3times.
Re: Lagos And The Omo-onile Fraca: Your Experience And Solution by Osumare2013: 7:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
I don't think it's Lagos only. Happens here in Ogun state too. The price probably depends on how developed the area is. In my area, When you wanna lay foundation, you pay like 50k, when you wanna roof, you pay another 50k. Or each time you wanna decking, you pay 50k. When you wanna connect to the power supply, you pay 20k. It goes on and on like that. People just pay to stay out of trouble.
Re: Lagos And The Omo-onile Fraca: Your Experience And Solution by Sirniyeh(m): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
The money they are collecting is for what? We should all stir government to curb this blunder cheating!
Re: Lagos And The Omo-onile Fraca: Your Experience And Solution by Osumare2013: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
Sirniyeh: The money they are collecting is for what? We should all stir government to curb this blunder cheating!
They shld tackle more important things first. We'll fight against that one later.

(1) (Reply)

Kenya Lawyer Sues Israel Over The Death Of Jesus Christ / Petrol Tanker Falls Off Spilling Fuel! / Wishing President Jonathan Goodluck Goodluck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.