Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Ibadan Strange Fish Is Octopus – Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Strange Fish Is Octopus – Police (871 Views)

Ibadan Wonders!!! Strange Fish Turns Into Human In Ibadan (LOOK) / Ibadan Strange Fish Was Baby -octopus- Police / Strange Fish Turned To Human Being In Ibadan [pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ibadan Strange Fish Is Octopus – Police by abu12: 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
Mrs. Ramota Salawu, the fish seller (The octopus)
He further stated that the creature was strange to residents of Ibadan because they were not living in the riverine area.
The CP said: “I think it was an octopus and not a mermaid as claimed by some reports” and urged the people to remain calm as the story around the discovery of a mermaid was not true.
The fish vendor, Mrs. Ramota Salawu, who first saw the octopus lamented her ordeal with some miscreants who insisted that she must produce the ‘mermaid’ she was hiding in her house.
According to her, the mob destroyed her property including her business. She denied seeing any mermaid as claimed by the surging crowd.
She said: “They beat my children and destroyed my property. I showed this creature to them thatI never saw any mermaid.
“Even Osun river goddess adherents came saying they had to perform some rituals but I told them I was not an Osun worshipper and thatI don’t know anything about mermaids. Later, the police had to rescue me from them.”
Also, the Permanent Secretary, Culture and Tourism, Mr. Bunmi Babalola said as far as he was concerned, the creature was an octopus.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/ibadan-strange-fish-is-octopus-police/

Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Is Octopus – Police by Nonybb: 9:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
Yeah illiterate fisher men they refuse to watch NATgeo WILD
Re: Ibadan Strange Fish Is Octopus – Police by Acidosis(m): 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
..and it happened in Ibadan?

wow... I won't be surprise to hear the mob consist of Profs, civil servants and teachers.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Was Fired By Nigeria Info –matse / The So Called Giant Of Africa.................. / I Wish My Dad Didn’t Go Into Politics, It Ruined Our Family: Agagu’s Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.