Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,377 members, 7,954,530 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:24 PM

Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) (32284 Views)

Amaechi On 94.1FM Wazobia In Port Harcourt (photos) / Amaechi On Railway Inspection From Abuja To Kaduna (Photos) / Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by double08(m): 9:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
turning to BBC now Governor Ameachi is on HARDTALK.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by kkkp: 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2013
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2013
The Amaechi guy is eloquent, charismatic and presidential. He looks calm, in-charge, and knowledgeable. He has his facts to issues being discussed.

Amaechi will make a good Nigerian President.

108 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nightshift(m): 9:59pm On Jul 25, 2013
A no-drama guy, he seems. He could have been a fine politician elsewhere, than in Nigeria's mafia-like political terrain.

7 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by dinachi(m): 10:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
This man certainly looks and acts more presidential than Jonathan. I will choose him over Jonathan any day! No wonder Jonathan is afraid of him!

46 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Bensonite: 10:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
Prof Corruption:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPGAAtQxwU
Nice one there CRA. This is what we expect. Some maturity in public speech.

5 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
Bensonite:
Nice one there CRA. This is what we expect. Some maturity in public speech.
"That is not correct, that is not correct" Jona the Otuoke fisherman
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2013
public speech experts abound in apc. Lie mohammed, tifnubu, tanbuwal, .....them many. But who cares about eloquence? All i want is a good toll free road back home after a good day job.

Amaechi thanks but no thanks

17 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
I am sure Jona is watching the interview.

I am also sure he is on his 9th shot of KainKain. cool

13 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by double08(m): 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
I must admit his answers to the questions were all spot on, Nice one Ameachi. unlike GEJ and obj I can recall a BBC Radio programme ''focus on Africa'' when the then Nigerian president OBJ was been interviewed someone for Togo called in and asked if Nigeria was an English speaking country because of the English OBJ was speaking grin,for once am proud

7 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Pataki: 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2013
Am actually quite impressed with the way Amaechi handled this HardTalk.

He is miles ahead of the drunkard we have as a President.

6 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
front page pls!

I enjoyed this interview.

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by bloggernaija: 11:51pm On Jul 25, 2013
This guy is far more articulate , refined ,cultured ,opinionated ,principled and knowledgeable than the fella under the rock and his shepopotamus wife.
Anybody wondering why people in the SW are rooting for him should take the above as some of the reason.
His response to the question about dealing with militancy is what you expect from truly educated strong and civilised leader .
You do not reward criminality with gifts.
Saro wiwa ,wole Soyinka gani fawehimi - freedom fighter
Dokubo ,tompolo - criminals

You also see him dance around entrapping question from which would have made him accuse the federal government led by GEJ.

Now
The question is
Why did OBJ ,after having worked with the likes of ribabu , Raphael ndukwe,ekwesili ,amaechi and with nigeria having a lot of professionals excelling overseas ,chose umaru and this "PHD " lecturer (a typical, lazy ,nigerian civil service salary earner with no record of achievement,drive and who lacks the modern outlook required to govern in this iPad age.
Not much different was his choice of associating with the likes of Akala,adedibu ,agagu,Uba etc.
Believe me. If amaechi is pitted against Jonathan. Amaechi will win 10 times out of 10.
If Jonathan likes it or not ,he will become irrelevant like obasanjo once his time is over.
Amaechi will dominate that part of the country just like tinubu .
The fools were busy abusing Soyinka without realising that the man has friends and status in very high places and the ability to use his contact to focus the international press on Nigeria and rivers state.
Even the stupid Abacha lived to regret
The British government has already picked up on the 1 billion dollars Malabo oil racket between GEJ ,Madueke and ikimi

N.B
I Have just shown excerpts of this interview and Jonathan's CNN interview to some Oyinbo friends.
I told them to guess ,"which of the two is a PHD holder"?
Your guess is as good as theirs
The four of them chose amaechi.

51 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by donMecuzy: 12:01am On Jul 26, 2013
Amaechi Is d Man Jare, I love his Brilliancy smiley

15th

2 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by IbroYaya: 12:05am On Jul 26, 2013
Ameachi! All these stunts will not help you ooo.

You went to arrange interview with BBC, thinking that will help. The heat is in Rivers state not Uk.

All this grammar will not help o. Oyibo man knows the koko of the matter..

26 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by NwaTeacher1: 12:21am On Jul 26, 2013
Amaechi, you better go and reconcile with your master than to be running around, spending River State money for rubbish publicity. Why can't you be humble for a day. What impact has BBC interview you went for has for a common River State man? How many Rivers can afford watching BBC news in their home? Is the BBC publicity for who, for what?

19 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 26, 2013
This man is a BIG threat to the Presidency and his aides... Assassination is lurking around the corner...

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by YoshiMaster: 12:38am On Jul 26, 2013
sincerenigerian: The Amaechi guy is eloquent, charismatic and presidential. He looks calm, in-charge, and knowledgeable. He has his facts to issues being discussed.

Dude please lets not get carried away.

Listen to his response to the question at 3:00, "well, well...".

Everybody knows the major problem is corruption, nobody should tell me otherwise.

The stolen money all the way from Abacha's time to the present day and age, do you guys realize just how much money that is?

So please all these yans about oh, we need to do this and that, I am not impressed.

Didn't I hear he bought a jet worth 45 million dollars, who does that in a developing country? That alone is enough to lose my support.

If a God fearing nairlander was a local Governor, and we gave him that money, do you know all he can accomplish? He could get a plot of land to build a SOLAR FARM, that will solve electricity problems just like that within that district. I have heard of 10MW solar farms that are up and running in less than 6 months.

All these guys are not sincere, and it breaks my heart. I am not partisan, I just feel most of them are corrupt.

39 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 26, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Dude please lets not get carried away.

Listen to his response to the question at 3:00, "well, well...".

Everybody knows the major problem is corruption, nobody should tell me otherwise.

The stolen money all the way from Abacha's time to the present day and age, do you guys realize just how much money that is?

So please all these yans about oh, we need to do this and that, I am not impressed.

Didn't I hear he bought a jet worth 45 million dollars, who does that in a developing country? That alone is enough to lose my support. If a God fearing nairlander was a local Governor, and we gave him that money, do you know all he can accomplish? He could get a plot of land to build a SOLAR FARM, that will solve electricity problems just like that. I have heard of 10MW solar farms that are up and running in less than 6 months.

All these guys are not sincere, and it breaks my heart. I am not partisan, I just feel most of them are corrupt.

May you remain blessed, chief. You are one of the few people that have been objective on this thread. This interview brought Amaechi's ignorance to the fore.
I don't know what people take eloquence to be - Eloquence is simply fluent, strong and persuasive speaking.
Was Rotimi Amaechi eloquent? No, he might have spoken english fluently but his delivery was poor, weak and not persuasive.
He gave a lot of vague responses and usual rhetoric to questions asked.

3.15 - On how to address insecurity through education - The solution he absolutely agreed with is the northern governors setting aside 2percent of their resources for education (spending 2percent out of 100percent on education is what Gov Amaechi thinks is best for northern states education - That's his ignorance on display again.

4.15 - On how to address unemployment: ..... one of the ways of addressing it is Agriculture.. Rivers State Government is looking at Agriculture, Agriculture will then address the uneducated class...wtf!!! Does that make any sense at all? !!!

7.15 - On the reasons why the Petroleum Industry Bill(PIB) has not been passed: .... He commended the present national assembly for being patriotic (They have not been able to pass PIB into law during the 2 legislative years that they have been at the national assembly, yet he called them patriotic ffs.) The only example Ameachi could cite as one of the reasons for the delay in passing the PIB is the power PIB would give to the minister of petroleum.

12.35 - When asked on his opposition to amnesty granted to Niger Delta militants and if he has any alternative to amnesty: He could not offer any alternative . He then proceeded to equate amnesty granted to Niger Delta militants to amnesty request for Boko haram - How shallow? (The anchor now went ahead to lecture him on how amnesty has reduced violence and restored peace in Rivers State - That is so disappointing.

For the remainder of the interview, Ameachi just dwelt on technicalities rather than solid facts.
With the above amongst other numerous missteps that portrayed him as being shallow, how can you tell me he did well on this interview. We should learn how to analyze things based on substance and content.

125 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Brimmie(m): 2:26am On Jul 26, 2013
sincerenigerian: "That is not correct, that is not correct" Jona the Otuoke fisherman

Lol.. grin grin Am i the only that got the humour init!?

2 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 3:07am On Jul 26, 2013
tokunboh:

May you remain blessed, chief. You are one of the few people that have been objective on this thread. This interview brought Amaechi's ignorance to the fore.
I don't know what people take eloquence to be - Eloquence is simply fluent, strong and persuasive speaking.
Was Rotimi Amaechi eloquent? No, he might have spoken english fluently but his delivery was poor, weak and not persuasive.

3.15 - On how to address insecurity through education - The solution he absolutely agreed with is the northern governors setting aside 2percent of their resources for education (spending 2percent out of 100percent on education is what Gov Amaechi thinks is best for northern states education - That's his ignorance on display again.

4.15 - On how to address unemployment: ..... one of the ways of addressing it is Agriculture.. Rivers State Government is looking at Agriculture, Agriculture will then address the uneducated class...wtf!!! Does that make any sense at all? !!!

7.15 - On the reasons why the Petroleum Industry Bill(PIB) has not been passed: .... He commended the present national assembly for being patriotic (They have not been able to pass PIB into law during the 2 legislative years that they have been at the national assembly, yet he called them patriotic ffs.) The only example Ameachi could cite as one of the reasons for the delay in passing the PIB is the power PIB would give to the minister of petroleum.

12.35 - When asked on his opposition to amnesty granted to Niger Delta militants and if he has any alternative to amnesty: He could not offer any alternative . He then proceeded to equate amnesty granted to Niger Delta militants to amnesty request for Boko haram - How shallow? (The anchor now went ahead to lecture him on how amnesty has reduced violence and restored peace in Rivers State - That is so disappointing.

For the remainder of the interview, Ameachi just dwelt on technicalities rather than solid facts.
With the above amongst other numerous missteps that portrayed him as being shallow, how can you tell me he did well on this interview. We should learn how to analyze things based on substance and content.

dont mind him.. this is what eloquent means

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt5OXXzRHXY

6 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by donsteady(m): 3:10am On Jul 26, 2013
how can i give 1million like on this? please advice
tokunboh:

13 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by musiwa35: 3:30am On Jul 26, 2013
I believe corrupt is one major problem of nigeria. and too many ethnic group.

Amachie is wrong, the PIB gives too much power to the minister.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 26, 2013
sincerenigerian: The Amaechi guy is eloquent, charismatic and presidential. He looks calm, in-charge, and knowledgeable. He has his facts to issues being discussed.

Incredible! Is this a joke or what? So those are your qualities of a good president? Even Adolf Hitler had most of those.

Anyway, I'm not surprised. Because of your hate for GEJ, some of you can support the devil.

I do not need an arrogant, power-drunk, despotic, immature, and thoughtless president. This is a governor whose action or inaction has virtually set his state on fire. As we speak, the function of the Rivers State House of Assembly has been taken over by the NASS. There are 36 state governors- 23 PDP governors and 13 of opposition parties. Why is Amaechi's state burning? I dont want a president that will set Nigeria on fire.

We'r talking of a state governor who embarked on a very important and EXPENSIVE project ( mono-rail) without properly thinking it through. For me, that is FOOLISHNESS. And other instances of such white elephant or thoughtless projects abound in the state.

I thought some of you are anti-corruption advocates? How has Amaechi fought corruption as governor?

GEJ may not be the most intelligent president in the world but he is focused, calm, cool-headed, consensus builder and most importantly, he has surrounded himself with the MOST INTELLIGENT Nigerians in the world: from the minister of Agriculture, finance minister, minister of communication technology, etc. Even one of his ministers was recently harvested by a multinational agency.

37 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Incredible! Is this a joke or what? So those are your qualities of a good president? Even Adolf Hitler had most of those.

Anyway, I'm not surprised. Because of your hate for GEJ, some of you can support the devil.

I do not need an arrogant, power-drunk, despotic, immature, and thoughtless president. This is a governor whose action or inaction has virtually set his state on fire. As we speak, the function of the Rivers State House of Assembly has been taken over by the NASS. There are 36 state governors- 23 PDP governors and 13 of opposition parties. Why is Amaechi's state burning?

We'r talking of a state governor who embarked on a very important and EXPENSIVE project ( mono-rail) without properly thinking it through. And other instances of such white elephant projects abound in the state.

I thought some of you are anti-corruption advocates? How has Amaechi fought corruption as governor?

GEJ may not be the most intelligent president in the world but he is focused, calm, cool-headed, consensus builder and most importantly, he has surrounded himself with the MOST INTELLIGENT Nigerians in the world: from the minister of Agriculture, finance minister, minister of communication technology, etc. Even one of his ministers was recently harvested by a multinational agency.

Lying Scumbag.Paid to post agent.

18 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by stebell(m): 7:02am On Jul 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

I do not need an arrogant, power-drunk, despotic, immature, and thoughtless president. This is a governor whose action or inaction has virtually set his state on fire. As we speak, the function of the Rivers State House of Assembly has been taken over by the NASS. There are 36 state governors- 23 PDP governors and 13 of opposition parties. Why is Amaechi's state burning?

We'r talking of a state governor who embarked on a very important and EXPENSIVE project ( mono-rail) without properly thinking it through. And other instances of such white elephant projects abound in the state.

‎​M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ guy forget those haters. d̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̲̣̣̥s wat they know ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ do best. If they talking about fluency, then Amaechi is no where near τ̲̅ђe presido. Amaechi dat was refused admission into RSUST PH ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ study Law. He then went ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ UNIPORT ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ study Pol. Science. He contested for State Assembly but didn't win instead imposed by Peter Odili ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ contest for state Assembly. At de Assembly, members were blackmailed into choosing him as speaker. Why am i saying all these. τ̲̅ђe point is d̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̲̣̣̥ he can't stand an election and win clearly unless he's helped. Lest i forget, he didn't win election in 2007, he was brought in thro de court. And yu compare him wit our president who God has bleseed frm childhood. I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ laff una. Let me ‎​♍åƙε̲̣̣̣̥ something ‎clear ​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ y'all. There is no crisis in Ph. Even if there is, it will never affect de outcome of 2015 if GEJ wants ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ contest. Majority of peeps in de state are solidly behind de presido. So, Amaechi shud grant enough interviews as he likes no problem. Why has he not talk ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ de Naija press all dis while? Cos he feels they are not Ǥ☺☺Đ enough abi. Fresh Air Tins on ♍Ɣ mind Jare

8 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 26, 2013
tokunboh:

Well said. Simply put, behind the eloquence there's NO content.

11 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Ozonna(m): 7:25am On Jul 26, 2013
tokunboh:

How can they see these missteps when they are just blinded by hate for Pres GEJ

11 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by awodman: 7:45am On Jul 26, 2013
@tokunboh you be top analyst ooo..you suppose d write editorial for newspaper...your delivery was spot on..I don't need to add anything

6 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by 1bunne4lif(m): 7:52am On Jul 26, 2013
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

$16b Power Projects By Obasanjo: Fact-Sheet $16B Appropriated, $13.5b Released / Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? / President Buhari Leaves For South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.