Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,761 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:24 AM

Remember Me - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Remember Me (24772 Views)

Remember Me / REMEMBER ME{ A poem & others} by. Ben C. Okere. / Poem : Remember Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
Following.

Keep up the good work!
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2013
Am waiting patiently for ur comments and corrections as u promised ma gud frnd Neduzze.
Re: Remember Me by Olygal: 9:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
Guy ur gud like hawt pls keep d updates rolling dear*winks*
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:50am On Aug 02, 2013
ibkaye: Following.

Keep up the good work!
Tnks and welcom aboard...
Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 02, 2013
patiently waiting for your update ^_^
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
Olygal: Guy ur gud like hawt pls keep d updates rolling dear*winks*
Am so happy dis work is bein appreciated. Tnks dear.
Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 7:48am On Aug 03, 2013
Wow! Nyc ztart ur doen preddy qwed.mre updates o
Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2013
another good one,please come and update.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 6:06am On Aug 04, 2013
Am rily sowi for the delay, I had lil issues. Howeve am droppin it lyk now...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
The drive to the airport was rather too slow for Jake who sat beside his mother while she drove. She meticulously manoeuvred the jeep through the early evening traffic. She was trying hard to prevent any form of dent to come to her prestigious car. As they approached the busy high way, they both fastened their seat belt to avoid any form of embarrassment from traffic officials.
"Did you put the umbrella in the trunk? In case its decides to rain" she asked the absent minded Jake who sat beside her.
"Ma? Mommy, were u talking to me " Jake replied trying to travel back to reality from his thoughts.
"Nope am talking to your twin sister" his mother replied with a sizzling smile.
"how i wish I have a twin sister, anyway the umbrella is in the car" Jake replied, smiling back at his mother. She peeked at her lovely son who was fast growing into a young man. Jake was his mother's favourite child, not only because he was the last child but he was born when she needed another male child to solidify her stay in her home.
As they approached the airport gate, Jake could no longer contain his tension. He started tapping his finger and nodding to an unheard tune playing inside his head. Few minutes later, they were at the gate. They cleared through airport security and drove straight towards the parking lot without seeking for directions suggested was conversant with the place. As soon as they were out of the car, she locked the car with remote key and the car gave a beep accompanied by a flicker from the indicator lights. Both mother and son walked into the waiting lounge to wait for the plane. The security officer at the entrance opened the tinted glass door and they both walked in majestically. They sat at a corner in the large hall which was well tiled and well luminated with several led electric bulbs. Despite the fact that the day was hot and many people were inside the lounge, the temperature was superbly cool as the central air condition units were perfectly in utmost performance.
"When 'll the plane touch ground" Jake asked his mom as he looked at his Rolex wrist watch.
"I think within the next 45minutes they 'll be down." Jake fell silent again. So many thinks criss crossed through his mind and his thought kept circum- navigating. Where and what was Anabel doin now? he thought within himself. He didn't have the slightest clue that her father was dead. What killed him was some thing he really wanted to know but he thought against asking her as it certainly would have brought bad memories to her and he never wanted that. He was lost again in his thought when his mother tapped him to give him a packet of chivita juice.
"are you sure you are okay Jake?" his mother asked as he startled back to reality from her touch.
"Yes ma, am very fine" he replied with his charming smile.
"You seem to be losing it all afternoon, hope nothing is wrong" she pressured.
"I was just thinking about our excursion trip and trying to imagine what Max now looks like now." he said raising his brow, still veiling the reason for is incessant reverie.
"An excursion to where?"
Before Jake could tell his mother about the excursion scheduled to take place after the terms examination, the sound of a super sonic aircraft was heard. Jake looked at his watch again and said to his mom
"I guess that's their flight."
"Yeah." his mother replied standing up and pushing her chair backwards to allow her enough room to walk out. Few minutes later the large plane was seen descending from the sky. How air planes manage to stay up there for hours stil beats Jake's imagination and only the Wright brothers can give explicit explanation. The plane touched the landing strip and ran along the tarmac before it finally stopped for the passengers to come down.
Jake stood beside his mother as they waited for Max's appearance. Finally Jake saw a Max climbing out of the plane. He simply was the matured and older version of Jake himself, he was closely followed by a slender, tall, light skinned and beautiful damsel. Jake ran out and hugged his big brother as he approached them.
"You are looking so big" Maxwell said as he broke the embrace but kept scrutinizing his kid brother.
"you ain't looking bad your self " Jake replied which caused a seasoned laughter from every one.
"Where is dad?" Max asked asked.
"don't tell me you have forgotten who your father is" the older woman replied.
"I understand, well mom this is Jessica" Max said looking at his mother.
"Jessie this is my mom and this is my kid brother, Jake" he continued pointing towards Jake.
"Good evening ma" greeted the younger lady.
"Good evening my daughter, how are u?"
"Am fine ma" Jessie replied with a smile on her pretty face. She wore a long black gown and was really looking gorgeous. The light make up she had and well made hair added to her glamour.
"Lets get going my childre, you all must be tired by now." the older lady said. They all moved back into the baggage claim and they joined other passengers to get their luggage from the carousel before making for the exit. As they walked towards the parking lot, the older lady kept looking at Jessica. She was certainly Maxwell's fiancée, that she was very sure of. She looks good and homely. Hope she makes a good daughter -in- law she thought within her self.
Max and Jessie sat at the back seat with their bags well lodged inside the trunk. As they drove back home, Jake half turned to face his brother at the back seat behind him.
"hope u ain't leaving some Max?" Jake asked.
"nope, not until I finish a certain business" Max replied as looked at the lady beside him and smiled. He was weary and tried to contend with his jet lag.
Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
yay, ok now to read
Re: Remember Me by Neduzze5(m): 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
Wesslier:
"Lets get goin my childrens, you all must be tired by now.

Lol... You actually sounded like Mrs Patience Jonathan here @ the bolded above
Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
Neduzze5:

Lol... You actually sounded like Mrs Patience Jonathan here @ the bolded above
uhmm y dnt u correct his mistake instead dnt u fink it smhow sayinq he sounded lyk Patience Jonathan
Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
Mre update plz
Re: Remember Me by Neduzze5(m): 5:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
Eni~girl:
uhmm y dnt u correct his mistake instead dnt u fink it smhow sayinq he sounded lyk Patience Jonathan

Actually, that's what I did. I noted it in a funny way so as for him to take note.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
@neduzze dat cudn't be d only mistake na... Plz point 'em all out jare... Mean while dat woman dey blow sha.
@ eni gurl, tnx dear.
Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
Neduzze5:

Actually, that's what I did. I noted it in a funny way so as for him to take note.
okiez.
Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 10:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
Wesslier: @neduzze dat cudn't be d only mistake na... Plz point 'em all out jare... Mean while dat woman dey blow sha.
@ eni gurl, tnx dear.
ur fallinq ma hand oh y aren't u updatinq la
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2013
Eni~girl:
ur fallinq ma hand oh y aren't u updatinq la
smtin came up just now... I didn't save wat i was typin so am startin all ova... 'll update b4 mornin
Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 7:34am On Aug 05, 2013
Wesslier:
smtin came up just now... I didn't save wat i was typin so am startin all ova... 'll update b4 mornin
ehya..mke it snappy sha
Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 05, 2013
@op hi hope you're fine ?,pls come and update you said you'll update b4 morning i'm waiting.anyway i'm loving this story thumbs up.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:41am On Aug 05, 2013
Some miles away, three figures appeared on the alley. They moved swiftly with questionable alacrity. As they marched on, they occasionally turned back as if to check for any irregularities. The day was already getting dark and their eyes managed to keep focus despite the darkness. One of the trio pressed a button on the G-Shock wrist watch, a temporary light appeared on use surface of the watch which enabled him to see the time.
"what's the time " the second fellow asked.
"6:48" he replied maintaining his stride. They remained quiete as they walked until they got to a junction and they turned left. Their new turn brought them in a semi lit street. Few houses had their electric bulbs on which were powered by small generators. The road was untarred and had pools which contains enough volume of water to float the RMS TITANIC.
As they moved, they split up and gradually fussed into the small group of people walking. After a few minutes they got to a compound and the first guy entered. He brought out a key from his jean pocket and opened the door to an apartment. The room was average sized with two doors opposite the main entrance door which led to the kitchen and bathroom. The other two stood for a while, looked around for anything usual but found non. With a sigh of relieve they strolled into the compound and headed straight for their apartment. The engine of the gray Honda Accord which was park opposite the compound roared to life and gently rolled into the dark street.
Re: Remember Me by Ghozye(f): 9:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
Nice 1! U seem 2 b rlly gud wiv literary devices n wiv d way u describe d scenes,1 wld feel he z actually 1 of d characters cos it feels so real.Bt thr r some typos which I fink shld b because u r typin wiv ur phn.
Altho I'm yet 2 get d plot,I'm sure dt wld b solvd wiv subsequent updates.
Also,u hvn't said anythin abt ade n his frnds,wat wz their missn in d compound dy entered?

I'm rlly enjoyin d story tho,so dnt leave me hanging...more ink 2 ur pen n more ideas 2 ur head.U r doin a gud job wink
Re: Remember Me by princesa(f): 11:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
totally agree with ghoyze. your descriptions are superb and am sticking around cos i wanna learn.

good jobwink
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 7:34am On Aug 06, 2013
Tnks to all who av commented so far, its rily ma greatest source of inspiration.
@Princesa, u triggad it all. @Ghozye am stil workin smtin on the plot maybe it won't be revealed lyk in Aminata Sow Fall's work "beggars strike"
Olivia u are hidin smwer... I see u...
'll be updating afta d rain.
Re: Remember Me by chistar01(m): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2013
**following** grin ... Me likey!

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by princesa(f): 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
am honouredwink

now, come and update!
it feels so good saying those words and not hearing them cool
Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
wink wink smiley
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 12:24am On Aug 07, 2013
The hospital was semi crowded as various categories of people were moving in and out of the compound. Some had stern and serious faces which indicated that they were still in business with the hospital. Others were cheerful and happy which suggested that their friends or relatives were being discharged. The compound was large with different types of flowers planted to beautify the place. There was a notice on the gate which read, "VISITING HOUR 3PM TO 5PM."
Anabel had a strong hatred for the smell of drugs but she was in the hospital hoping that those much detested drugs would help to preserve her mother. She was going to be food for the plethora of mosquitoes which invaded the hospital but she cared less about herself but her mother. She had returned home earlier that afternoon and found her mother sprawled on the floor. Her mother wasn't sick and her reason for being at home she couldn't tell. The only thing she had slight knowledge of was her mother's complaint of headache that morning.

The pungent smell of drugs and other pharmaceuticals filled her nostrils. No matter how much she detest the smell she had no choice than to stay back in the hospital with her mother. Her mother was the only nuclear family of her's, hence she couldn't afford to lose her. The thought of the father's death flashed through her mind and burning tears found their rails down her cheek. What had she done to deserve all these? she thought. First it was her father and now it's her mother. She remained silent as the tears kept rolling down from her already bulging eyes.
"Its okay Anabel. Your mom 'll be fine. At least the doctor said so and you can see she is responding." Aunty Chinelo said as she tried to console Anabel. She shifted close to the young girl and circled her hands around her. Anabel wiped her face with thet back of her palm and rested her head on the shoulder of the older lady. Although she had grown up to know her as "Aunty Chinelo," there weren't any blood or family ties. Chinelo was a friend to Anabel's mother. The women had been very close friends that people without in depth knowledge of them mistook them for sisters.
That afternoon when Anabel returned from school and saw her mom in a terrible state, the only person she thought of running to for help was Chinelo. Luckily for her chinelo had just returned from picking her children from school. They both rushed to the house and with the help of some neighbours, they carried the sick woman into chinelo's car and drove her to the hospital. Two nurses had rushed out with a stretcher and they carried her into a ward.
"call the doctor!" the older nurse ordered the younger one who immediately fled toward the doctors office. She managed to find a vein in the left wrist of the unconscious lady and she infussed an IV line into patient. The other nurse came in with an analogue sphygmomanometer to read her blood pressure. Chinelo and Anabel went towards the nurse on the reception and after some procedures, she paid some money.
"Annie lets go and get some of her things before it gets too late." Chinelo said to Anabel who had taken solace in her thought. Darkness was already encroaching, Anabel had even forgotten that she had not eaten anything since afternoon. She stood up and stretched her long slender hands towards the pvc roof reflexively. She twisted her neck and it made a cracking sound. As she walked towards the entrance which also served as the exist she yawned, opening her mouth wide enough to swallow a baby's head. That was when it dawned on her that she hasn't eaten.
"Life has never been fair to any one especially me" she said under her breath as she walked out of the main building.
The sky was already dark but the hospital compound was luminated by several search lights hanging on tall poles. They both walked silently towards the red Nissan Sunny car with which they had come to the hospital. Few minutes later, Aunty Chinelo dropped her back at the hospital gate, waved her good bye and left to meet her children who had been alone all day. As Anabel slowly walked into the main building, some people were being rushed in. With the amount of blood oozing from their cuts Anabel concluded it was an accident. How could they have this careless? Anabel asked herself as the pungent smell of blood and drugs made her nauseated. She moved quickly into her mothers ward and shut the door behind her. Her mother lay on her bed sleeping soundly. She dropped the things she brough on a side table and sank on the chair which was her bed for the night. She was enervated from the stress. Not long afterwards her weary body drifted into a long sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Remember Me by Smhart1(f): 4:15am On Aug 07, 2013
I gat follow to the end
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 5:53am On Aug 07, 2013
Gud mornin ppl, am rily sowi for d delays am tryin to improve on dat. Tnks 2 u all....
Re: Remember Me by chistar01(m): 6:13am On Aug 07, 2013
Your description is world class. Slow updates tho.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

9-Year-Old Girl Who Published Book On Terrorism In Nigeria At DHQ (Photos) / Woman Accuses Best Friend Of Stealing Husband’s joystick / When Tears Brings Yes ( A Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.