Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Remember Me - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Remember Me (24465 Views)

Remember Me / REMEMBER ME{ A poem & others} by. Ben C. Okere. / Poem : Remember Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:34am On Sep 16, 2013
ninja4life: Haha nice work kudos to d op pls update more frequently
Have bin tryin 2 work on dat wit no success. Stil tryin sha. Tnks bro
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:48am On Sep 16, 2013
underage: Kudos. But please make the updates more lenghty, that'll make the story more interesting. grin
Yes ma... I 'll try 2 do just dat. Tnks
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:48am On Sep 16, 2013
The meeting with patrick was set after the Lawyer was able to convince the officers on duty of its importance in her clients case. Benson stood with Susan at a corner and heard the officers and the lawyer discussing in a hush tone. He didn't hear them clearly but somehow he deduced they were denying her request.

Doris had made references to the constitution severally and even spat some legal jargon which obviously was incomprehensible by the officers and was at the verge of raising her voice before she had her way.

Benson had only a few minutes with his brother. The whole time Patrick had emphasized that he kept both himself and Susan on a low key through the case.

"I don't want you to gain any attention during this period. I am not telling that Lady nothing and I don't want you to ok?" Patrick warned his brother who apparently was listening with keen interest.

Just like the Inspector had planned Patrick wouldn't mention anything about Chamberline as he doesn't have a clue of the guy's way about.

"Patrick just be strong then. I just hope Doris finds a way to help with what ever means available to her" Benson told his brother. He didn't want Patrick to notice the hot tears steaming in his red eyes.

"Yeah bro, just remember all I told you." Patrick replied his brother who was already standing up and ready to leave before the arrogant officers will remind him that his "time was up".

Benson was almost half out of the room when Patrick called out after him.

"If they can't get the hen they go for the chicks." Benson understood those words properly. Their mother never failed to say it to them, especially when the travelled to the village. Benson did not reply, he nodded his head slowly and left the room to meet Doris and Susan where they were waiting for him.

Susan had only met the Lawyer but they were discussing like they had known for ages. Doris was slightly older than Susan perhaps the same age as Benson.

"How did it go?" Doris asked as Benson joined them. He replied with only a flash of smile.

"Same old story ma'am. He didn't accept he knew anything else.... and somehow I believe him" Benson added. Susan heaved sigh of relief. She knew things would certainly get ugly if a word about drug peddling was said.

"How is bro P?" she finally asked.

"He's hanging on as strong as he could, just that he has lost some weight." he noticed the sorrow on his sister's face.

"It's no big deal" he quickly added to ease the young lady.

Susan softly turned her neck to both directions and it made a cracking sound. She traced her long natural hair along her ear line.

As Doris drove out from the Police station, she couldn't place her thought on anything besides her client and his family. They were really awesome and she had fallen in love with all of them. They possess and show so much courage that she wished to emulate them. She would do her best with the little information she had in this case, she thought within herself.

"We haven't negotiated your bill Ma'am" Benson said.

"Don't worry about that for now" Doris replied, once in her life she was speeding.

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by frank317: 12:24am On Sep 17, 2013
I love ur story and I promise to be wit u all the way
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:15am On Sep 17, 2013
frank3.16:
I love ur story and I promise to be wit u all the way
Tnks man am rily grateful.
Re: Remember Me by Splendblex(f): 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
Waiting for more...op weldone
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
Splendblex: Waiting for more...op weldone
Sowi 2 kip y'all waitin, am tryin 2 fix smtin up. Min while ma work abi na job is eatin all ma tym. Updatin lata sha....
Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 18, 2013
i jst started readn dis. though i read d few updates and these last ones bt i promise 2 go through all of it.

really like d way u described scenes and ur use of english!

keep it up dear!!!
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
Amyjustin: i jst started readn dis. though i read d few updates and these last ones bt i promise 2 go through all of it.

really like d way u described scenes and ur use of english!

keep it up dear!!!
I see u ma'am. Tnks
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
The cold dark saturday night slowly drifted away. Jake woke up from his sleep with a sharp pain on his neck. Perhaps he had slept with his neck wrongly positioned on the bed. He wriggled his neck maybe it would kill the pain but the pain showed sign to abate so he just tried to ignore it.

He stretched his hands towards the ceiling as he stepped down from his gigantic bed. It was a sunday and going to church was the least thing on his mind. He knew the old Priest who would preside was usually slow, drawling every word he says. He always felt drowsy through the old man's sermon and sleeping in church was something he detested with great passion.

His parents would definitely go to the morning Mass and there after will be attending a plenum which he surely won't love to attend even if he was invited.

Morris had travelled with his family to the East the previous day. The realization that he was alone for the rest part of the holiday struck him like a blow.

He plonked himself down on the bed with his head on the pillow. He envisage how boring the day and the rest of the holiday would be. He certainly would die of boredom if no good idea comes to his head.

An idea struck him. Hopefully, if everything he calculated went well he would only have a boring sunday perhaps the next days won't be a problem for him even without Morris in town.

There was a gentle knock on his room door. The door flung open before he could ask the early morning visitor to come in. It seems every one was seriously learning to be mannerless since Maxwell's return, Jake thought.

He pretended like he was stil asleep. The blanket covered from his kneel down to his feet as sprawled with careless abandon on the bed.

"Jay-jay!" his father's coerce voice called. Jake didn't respond. His father was fully dressed in a well tailored and properly starched native attire. Certainly the laundry man took an extra hour to iron the clothes to give it the ephemera look.

"Young man ain't you going to church today?" the elderly man asked. This time Jake turned on his bed and opened his eyes. He faked a yawn and dimmed his eyes as if the coloured electric bulbs were affecting his eyes as he starred at his father. His acts were completely perfect and flawless.

"Good morning sir" Jake greeted with pseudo- drowsiness. His father did reply. He just paced round the large room with his eyes scanning through the place as if he was looking for something he did not keep there.

"Mr. Man you have to go to church. It's very important okay? I would have wanted you to get ready lets go together but I don't want to be late." He said looking at the wall clock in the room.

Jake bit his lower lip to prevent hisself from laughing at his father's comments and remarks about church.

His father rarely goes to church and he could vividly remember several incidents when his mother had quarrelled with her husband over his unreasonable abstainance from church and here he was talking like he was in charge of the papacy.

The elderly man left the room and shut the door behind him. Few minutes later, Jake heard the engine of the big Toyota Sequoia jeep roared to life and slowly rolled out of the compound.

Re: Remember Me by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2013
Was abt beggin 4 an update.... Buh dis update is short'... Anyway Tnx 4 d dose
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: Was abt beggin 4 an update.... Buh dis update is short'... Anyway Tnx 4 d dose
Eya sowi 4 ma delay. Tnks 4 always bein der. U are mur dan a DARLING
Re: Remember Me by underage(f): 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
More ink to your pen. grin
Re: Remember Me by frank317: 6:06am On Sep 19, 2013
Ok, wasnt that short? Well, nice try, keep it coming, we are here with u
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:16am On Sep 19, 2013
underage: More ink to your pen. grin
Tnks dear
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:17am On Sep 19, 2013
frank3.16:
Ok, wasnt that short? Well, nice try, keep it coming, we are here with u
It was definitely vry short but am addin smtin 2 it now... Tnks bro
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:19am On Sep 19, 2013
Sam stood opposite the large parking lot of the Fortress of Fortune. His gaze fixated on the jeep covered with a large thick tampuline car cover which was isolated in a corner of the compound.

The evening breeze was whistling gently and the flowers and trees which decorated the large compound danced gracefully to the rhythm. He walked towards the car and removed the cover. He felt a deep sense of revulsion at the sight the numerous bullet holes which were registered on the jeep they had used in their last operation.

Within nunaseconds, the ordeal of the failed mission was vivid on his mind. His best friend had died in the process.

"Blacky" he said softly as a line tear trickled down his left eye. He stopped it half way down his cheek with the back of his hand. He was yet to accept that his friend was gone.

He kept examining the vehicle and he was puzzled how himself and Ade had survived without and injuries. The doors and fenders were looking like a drilling experiment had been done on them. The windshield and hood of the car were not also in their perfect condition.He was scared to imagine what would have happened if the car had stopped half way their flee that day. He shook his head and dismissed the thought as he covered the vehicle back. Something miraculous had happened that day and he was sure of that.

"Sam Stony!" a voice hailed from behind him. He knew the voice and knew the person was walking towards him so he didn't turn around, he just continued with covering the damaged vehicle.

"Has the boss said anything about Vikto?" Sam asked. Making sure the jeep was properly covered but turning to face Ade.

"Nothing yet. He is still very livid about the whole thing and I guess they had something in the past."

"Any idea what that could be?" Sam asked with eagerness on his face. He crossed hands on his chest and raised his gaze to look at Ade for the first time.

"Dunoo man. What are you up to?" Ade replied. "you look like you are brewing some hideous plans."
Sam smiled at the remark. Perhaps his anger had been so glaring that Ade had read him like an interesting book. He actually had something in mind and won't stop at nothing until he accomplish it.

"Vikto has two sons." Sam said bluntly.

"And so?" Ade replied stil trying to fathom what Sam was driving at.

"Well lets just say am vexed but my brother Blacky won't die for nothing."

"And who said he died for nothing?" Ade asked. He already knew what Sam meant. The vengeful way in which he had spoken amused Ade.

"So you are planning of taking it to his sons right?" Ade demanded. "By the way how did you know about them?"

"Am always resourceful remember." Sam bragged. Ade didn't want to push it. He knew how close Sam and Blacky were and how bad Sam felt about his friend.

"Just remember not to do something that would worsen things okay?"

"I won't forgive neither would I forget, even if it takes five years. By then I think it would hurt more." Sam replied and somehow Ade knew he was serious.

Ade looked at his watch, it was few minutes past six.
"Lets sit out somewhere, it 'll help your mood " he suggested. Sam obliged. Together they walked back to the lot and entered the black Camry. Blacky was dead but certainly life goes on....
Re: Remember Me by frank317: 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2013
Alright, you are doing a great job what I like most about ur work is your power of word organization. You make it sound like english is ur mother tongue and the words come at you so easily. This something I always wish I have.

Now he is my 2cents: despite u are doing a great job, I think you are taking too long in establishing a connection between jake's and his new poor girl, ben and his crew, and sam's part.
We are in the ninth page and still have no slight idea how they are all connected.
While these might be good especially in keeping ur readers glued, it might make the readers lost and unconsciously not really get a grip of the story. At a time it might wonder if they are reading one story.
I think you have reached a point where u should ignite the interest of readers all over again by giving us a slight idea (it musnt b glaring) of how different sections of the story is connected.

Thank u and well done.
Re: Remember Me by underage(f): 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
Yeah, Frank is right. Its high time you make the connections. You are doing a gud job though, kip it up.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
I'm rily gr8ful sir Frank. Its just dats as a novice am a bit 2 slow in drawin d lines & kinks but wid ma nxt few updates we certainly 'll be rollin 2geda again...

@underage... U are just so wonderful... Tnks and plz say hi 2 ma baby boy 4 mi...
Re: Remember Me by underage(f): 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
Wesslier: I'm rily gr8ful sir Frank. Its just dats as a novice am a bit 2 slow in drawin d lines & kinks but wid ma nxt few updates we certainly 'll be rollin 2geda again...

@underage... U are just so wonderful... Tnks and plz say hi 2 ma baby boy 4 mi...

Uw....will surely do dat smiley
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
Since 2day is ma fada's anniversary I guess i shud do smtin 4 him...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:08pm On Sep 20, 2013
That mornin when d sun refused to shine
At the door d neighbours made a long line
None cud wine nor dine.
Lyf was cruel, especially mine.

Its funny how d wingless tym fly.
Its funny dat men cud weep and and women cry
With no sign of being shy
Such is lyf, we all came to sell and buy

Now we are all alone
DADDY was dead and gone!
An evil wind had blown
Together we had to face d unknown.

No 1 had felt mur excruciating pain
Ma blood congeal in ma vein.
When 'll dis loss becom a gain?
I had thought in vain.

You left wen I was much a teen
Its so long but ur memory so fresh and green
Ur luv 4 us was everly seen.
And wid luv I say slip on....
To ma dad who died on the 20th of september, 2002.
Rest in Peace Sir. Luv u.

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
Wesslier: That mornin when d sun refused to shine
At the door d neighbours made a long line
None cud wine nor dine.
Lyf was cruel, especially mine.

Its funny how d wingless tym fly.
Its funny dat men cud weep and and women cry
None showing any sign of being shy
Such is lyf, we had come to sell and buy

Now we are all alone
DADDY was dead and gone!
An evil wind had blown
Together we had to face d unknown.

No 1 had felt mur excruciating pain
Ma blood congeal in ma vein.
When 'll dis loss becom a gain?
I had thought in vain.

You left wen I was much a teen
Its so long but ur memory so fresh and green
Ur luv 4 us was everly seen.
And wid luv I say slip on....
To ma Dad who died on the 20th of september, 2002.
Rest in Peace Sir. Luv u.
May His Soul Continue 2 Rest Peace......
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
underage:

Uw....will surely do dat smiley
hmmm k.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:18pm On Sep 20, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: ...
May His Soul Continue 2 Rest Peace......
Amen! Tnks dear
Re: Remember Me by underage(f): 9:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
Oh sad.....May his soul rest in perfect peace. Dis reminded me of my one and only friend Basheer, its gonna be 2 years in exactly 2 months; November 20th.

Well....RIP to the dead.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 3:12am On Sep 22, 2013
underage: Oh sad.....May his soul rest in perfect peace. Dis reminded me of my one and only friend Basheer, its gonna be 2 years in exactly 2 months; November 20th.

Well....RIP to the dead.
AMEN.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 7:56am On Sep 22, 2013
Mornin pals, am sowi 4 d lack of updates. I'm tryin 2 fix smtins into d story as i 've smhw altered d original work . I'll be updatin soon. Tnks and hapi Sunday.
Re: Remember Me by Splendblex(f): 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
Wesslier: Mornin pals, am sowi 4 d lack of updates. I'm tryin 2 fix smtins into d story as i 've smhw altered d original work . I'll be updatin soon. Tnks and hapi Sunday.
we'll be waiting...hapi sunday to you too.
Re: Remember Me by frank317: 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2013
Wesslier: Mornin pals, am sowi 4 d lack of updates. I'm tryin 2 fix smtins into d story as i 've smhw altered d original work . I'll be updatin soon. Tnks and hapi Sunday.

Take ur time man and remember ur wonderful father. Always remember he was and is the best in the world. I lost my mum three years ago and lost my fiannce five months ago. Believe me, i know how feels.

I am lookin foward to ur new update. Emmm are u from AK city? I am igbo bt schoold there. I saw ur pm but d message was empty. U can holla at me @ xtfranks005@yahoo.com
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
Nope am Igbo, lived all ma lyf in Warri but sch in Unical...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Son My Man- A Story / My Feud With Akwaeke Emezi - Chimamanda Adichie Tells Her Side Of The Story / The Consequences of Rape - By Classcaptain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.