Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Remember Me - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Remember Me (24484 Views)

Remember Me / REMEMBER ME{ A poem & others} by. Ben C. Okere. / Poem : Remember Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember Me by beyonDskygirl(f): 10:17am On Aug 27, 2013
oh no! I feel something bad is goin 2 happen 2 pat..
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:57am On Aug 27, 2013
beyonDskygirl: oh no! I feel something bad is goin 2 happen 2 pat..
Rily? I just wish i had a clue...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:00am On Aug 27, 2013
Eni~girl:
U qettinq dere...nyc 1
abi? U are pushin me der jare
Re: Remember Me by princesa(f): 11:17am On Aug 27, 2013
so intriguing and unpredictable...
Re: Remember Me by Smhart1(f): 11:48am On Aug 27, 2013
Hands crossed
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 12:20pm On Aug 27, 2013
princesa: so intriguing and unpredictable...
I guess am yet 2 say
THANK U
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 12:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
Smhart1: Hands crossed
I see u...
Re: Remember Me by olekubaby: 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
PANTING FOR THE NEXT UPDATE grin grin
Re: Remember Me by yormite: 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2013
Nice piece
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
oleku baby: PANTING FOR THE NEXT UPDATE grin grin
hmmm, ok o
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
yormite: Nice piece
Tnks
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:15am On Aug 28, 2013
Patrick sat between two officers while the inspector sat at in the front of the Hilux with the driver. His hands were still bounded and it would take more than a collaboration of Clark Kent and Merlin to free himself from the officers.

As the vehicle entered the compound, he raised his head and read a sign post.
"The Nigeria Police Force Headquarters." Why was he taken to the place he did not know. He wanted to demand for a lawyer but something kept him. He actually did not have a Law student as a friend let alone a Lawyer.

He sighed as he was dragged out of the vehicle ruthlessly by the Sergeant. He was immediately taken into a dark, stuffy and congested cell which held five times its maximum capacity. As he entered the cell, the inmates chanted words he didn't understand. Why were they happy? Patrick did not know.

The smell from his previous night cell was nothing to compare with his new abode, immediately he dragged in the second lungfull of air, he realized how hungry he was and there was no hope for food. Even if there was, how could he possibly eat in the cell he thought.

He stood at a corner, starring at other inmates. Most of them had terrifying scars, deep voices and horror looks. Their breathes definitely will stint judging from the colours of their teeth.

"Hey, mr man come hear." a scraggy fellow with rough hair and unkempt beard ordered. Patrick turned to see who the rude remark was directed at.

"Me?" he asked touching his chest.
"No, meat pie" the small fellow replied. Immediately Two firm hands held Patrick and with all the energy they could muster, pushed him forward.

Patrick was a strong fellow. He had encountered bullies in their neighbourhood as a young child and never did he return home defeated.

He knew how to fight and win, but somehow he knew in would lose if he chose to retaliate. Perhaps due to the hyper chronic hunger he was enduring.

He turned and looked at the two people who had pushed him. One was extremely ugly with much scars on his face like he had a contest with a tiger, while the other could pass for an ape.

He raised both hands above his head as he regained his balance.
"I don't want any trouble." he muttered walking towards the tiny fellow with red eyes which was a glaring fact that he smokes what ever is wrapped in a white paper.

"Introduce yourself " he ordered. Patrick remained mute as he mentally assessed and weighed him. He was certain the guy was the "don" inside the cell. How the little fellow lord over giants eluded him.

"Are you deaf" he asked the defiant Patrick again.

"And why should I answer you" Patrick inquired. A resounding slap on his left cheek blurred his vision. He stood still for a few seconds before realizing that he was in a Nigeria Police Cell and there was absolutely no margin for mutiny.

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:18am On Aug 28, 2013
Gud mornin palz, d last update was short but 'll complete it lata.
Re: Remember Me by beyonDskygirl(f): 10:29am On Aug 28, 2013
Wesslier: Gud mornin palz, d last update was short but 'll complete it lata.
ok na am waitin.. wink
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
The morning was cold but looked promising. A mild ray of sun was shining through the blue skies and illuminating the earth majestically. Every trader was hoping the weather remained friendly.

"Anabel!" her mother called from the sitting room.
"Ma!" she replied from her room, forcing a novel into the hand bag she was holding. She was going to the market with her mother and the place was usually boring.

Most times the women who sold similar wares like her mother, engage in lengthy discussions which Anabel never found fascinating.

She wasn't a great talker herself but at least during school days, funny comments from hilarious fellow like Morris made the difference.

She rushed outside and shut the door behind her. She met with her mother who was already leaving the compound and they both walked to the junction where they boarded a taxi.

"You are a big ram." the driver cursed another driver who had slammed his brakes and pulled out of the road before using his indicator light. He didn't wait for the reckless driver to reply his insult before he sped along into the busy road.

Few minutes later, they were at the shop. Anabel opened the door and swept the place. They sat down like every other trader expecting customers to patronize them.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
beyonDskygirl: ok na am waitin.. wink
copy
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
Am sowi 4 d short installment its a product of tight schedule.... "Work and post" nai i dey do.

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by ninja4life(m): 7:19pm On Aug 28, 2013
Nice work there
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2013
ninja4life: Nice work there
Tnks man,
Èrrhm... silent readers plz encourage dis young lad wid ya comments, especially in regards 2 corrections... Tnks palz
Re: Remember Me by princesa(f): 9:39pm On Aug 28, 2013
Silent readers are what they are - silent! They hardly ever talk, soon as you let them be, the better for ur sanity.

On to the story...

- very short updates..
- no connection in the scenes. And no clear cut demarcation in two different scenes. You can't write about the prison in the first update and jump to anabel and her mum in the next. You should have placed a sign to tell us that the police scene has ended. Something like: ********* underneath it.

- the driver insult and driving off, hangs loosely in the middle of the recent update, had to read back to know how the bashing occurred or if Anabel and her mum where in the car, and i saw none!

Hope you would work on this few observations? wink

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2013
Noted... By mornin corrections wud be effected.
Yet 2 say THANKS anyway.
Re: Remember Me by Dynssy: 1:05am On Aug 29, 2013
Hy Wesslier, u hav a good story going here.

Well,its not my intentn 2 b a silent reader, but one can hardly blame me. I get carried away by ur story and somehw tend 2 ignore d few errors dat I spot. Most of dem r grammatical errors which I just sweep aside as typos. And other more technical ones, I just assume are a uniqueness of form. But nw dat u mentn it, I'll go over d story more critically and drop my observations.

On d whole, dis is absolutely cool. I hope 2 c it on book-shelves in d near future.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 6:57am On Aug 29, 2013
Dynssy:
But nw dat u mentn it, I'll go over d story more critically and drop my observations.

On d whole, dis is absolutely cool. I hope 2 c it on book-shelves in d near future.
Its nice havin ppl comment on ur work, as 4 d observations, plz spot 'em out so i can effect corrections.
I appreciate.
Tnks
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 7:24am On Aug 29, 2013
princesa:

Hope you would work on this few observations? wink
1 done, 'll fix up d 2nd later b4 i update.
Re: Remember Me by princesa(f): 9:18am On Aug 29, 2013
i just went tru the second update again, and i saw the detils i missed. Yes Anabel and her mum boarded the taxi and the taxi man hit the other when he tried to pull out, i got it now, so just work on new updates and feed us on wink
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:07am On Aug 29, 2013
princesa: i just went tru the second update again, and i saw the detils i missed. Yes Anabel and her mum boarded the taxi and the taxi man hit the other when he tried to pull out, i got it now, so just work on new updates and feed us on wink
ok... But it might com late. Stil owin d "Tnks"
Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2013
Great work so far. I hope the compliments won't get to your head but help in making you write even better. Take your time and I'm following! smiley
Re: Remember Me by Mutaino7(m): 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
Oga wesslie do u remember me ?
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
Mutaino7: Oga wesslie do u remember me ?
If am suppose 2, den i do but if not, den i don't... How far bro?
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
sandyylove: Great work so far. I hope the compliments won't get to your head but help in making you write even better. Take your time and I'm following! smiley
hmmm... I wish it enters ma head. lolz... Tnks
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
Am sowi abt d slow updates.... Doin ma best 2 improve dat. Tnks pals
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2013
Jake and Morris sat at the back seat of the Toyota corolla while Maxwell was behind the wheel with his fiancée next to him. Since their return from South Africa, Jessica was yet to see her parents.

His mother had advised they bought some things from the market before the visit to the proposed In-laws as it was the ideal thing to do as Africans.

Maxwell slowly navigated the car through the slightly busy road. He was a very meticulous driver who could drive a car for years without having a dent. He doesn't believe in the mentality of most drivers that "if you don't hit some body some one will hit you."

He parked in a commercial garage and they all alighted.
"Hey senior bros!" some boys chanted as they approached the car from the shade they were sitting and smoking. The small sign post at a corner read "Car park #100"

Maxwell deeped his fingers into his pocket and brought out a five hundred naira note. He gave it to the boys and gestured them to keep the change.

They appreciated his kind gesture by touching the ground and others laying blessings on him as if they were prophets.

Maxwell shook his head with a controlled laughter. He wondered how such young promising youths who were supposed to be in some big firms were idly wasting their precious life. Some how he blamed the government for lack of employment opportunities and partially the young men for choosing to be loafers.

Like the traders had expected, the large market which apparently was the biggest in the area was rowdy. One glimpse at the market could convince anyone that half of the town if not all were in the market. The weather had remained fine and a good day to shop.

Jake was only capable of coping with the crowd because of Morris was with him. He rarely goes to market with his mother so the place was some what appalling to him.

They followed the lead of the woman with them who apparently was entering every shop in the market. If she doesn't complain of the quality of the goods, then its the make or certainly the price.

"This is exactly what my mom does when ever she comes to the market. Why can't they buy things fast and leave this noisy place for crying out loud?" Jake whispered to his friend.

"I don't know my self, but I guess they want the best for the lowest price." Morris replied with a mischievous grin.

Jessica was still bargaining with a shop owner and her husband to-be standing by without saying a word.

"Is BM not tired of these lengthy bargaining?" Morris asked.

"Hmmm, he has the patience." Jake replied, remembering his brother's favourite quote from George Savile "A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else."

Jake leaned on a wooden table and faced the line of shops opposite the shop they were. He saw a white Fred Frank shirt on a hanger.
"Lets check that out." he told his friend pointing towards the shop.

They both walked towards the shop. Some women where discussing at the a corner.

"who is here?" Morris asked imitating the accent of the local people.

"please buy" a familiar female voice called out. She dropped the book she was reading and stepped out from the shop to attend to her customers.

"Anabel!" Jake almost screamed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Who Is To Blame When A Child Has Sex Without Proper Knowledge - Live Debate / My Son My Man- A Story / My Feud With Akwaeke Emezi - Chimamanda Adichie Tells Her Side Of The Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.