Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

>>Opera Mini<<< - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / >>Opera Mini<<< (95741 Views)

How Do I Recover Saved Pages From My Android Opera Mini / Download The New Opera Mini 6.5 / Solution To Nokia S40 3rd Edition Error Using Opera mini to Browse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by violor(m): 12:51am On Oct 29, 2008
@COOLSEGUN:
i've gone tru dat screen shot n i did what i saw bt still dsame problem, its so frustrating; i really need help.
@STANCOZY:
the format i download are gif, jpg, mp3, jar n 3gp. Pls i really need help.
Tanx for ur concern chums,
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by Caliente(m): 8:40am On Oct 30, 2008
[size=13pt]Abegi o I use 5300. Opera browses without the tricks and it's not free. If I put the trick it won't work at all telling me Security error: network access is not permitted. Please check security setting Please what do I do to solve this problem?[/size]
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by Donseaun(m): 8:50am On Oct 30, 2008
insert d cheat in frnt of d operamini server.
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by tmcboy(m): 10:07am On Oct 30, 2008
@ Caliente, Change ur port from 8080 to 9201. Let me know if anythin appens
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by abohrandy: 11:43am On Oct 30, 2008
the thing u guys fail to get is that u don't just go and download any type of operamini and expect it to work. the mtn trick works only with opera mini mods and not just the normal opera mini.

so u guys should look for the mod versions then come back for the tricks. i think its going to be much more easier.
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by goldplated(m): 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2008
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by dreday(m): 11:31pm On Oct 30, 2008
@ by.dot

thanx 4 the oldversion.com link but it doesn't have opera 754u2.

@ all

Does anyone know where it can be downloaded from?
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by Caliente(m): 6:40pm On Oct 31, 2008
violor:

@CALIENTE>>
what u need to do is downld mtn proxy on ur desktop or laptop n snd it to ur phone via bluetooth, it'll enter as a cong. Settings, save it as default for all application, put d mtn trick before d operamini server, save n that is all. If any probs, let me knw. U cn get d mtn proxy frm sharemobile.ro

[size=13pt]I have the proxy.prov activated in all apps still nothing.[/size]

tmcboy:

@ Caliente, Change ur port from 8080 to 9201. Let me know if anythin appens

[size=13pt]I tried it, it didn't work. Or am I not getting the cheat correct. My YIM is elixir2luv please send me the detailed setting please bros.[/size]
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by Jtlyrics(m): 11:00am On Nov 01, 2008
Check dis out for de mtnnaija modified version of opera mini 4.1. U just install and start surfing for free, no need for any settings, its been configured. Enjoy!
download opm4.1
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by Jtlyrics(m): 11:03am On Nov 01, 2008
it works on de series40 platform also smiley
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by Caliente(m): 11:27am On Nov 01, 2008
[size=13pt]@ Violor
I have mopera 2.06 and 3.11. It works when I have credit (of course e dey choplet my credit) and without the cheat but it doesn't browse at all when I put the cheat. I checked the additional server, and the port is 8080. The error message; Security Error: network access is not permitted. Please check the security setting (error: 1.0.http//loaded.mtnonline.com@80.232.177.10.10:80/)[/size]
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by stancozy(m): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2008
Caliente:

[size=13pt]@ Violor
I have mopera 2.06 and 3.11. It works when I have credit (of course e dey choplet my credit) and without the cheat but it doesn't browse at all when I put the cheat. I checked the additional server, and the port is 8080. The error message; Security Error: network access is not permitted. Please check the security setting (error: 1.0.http//loaded.mtnonline.com@80.232.177.10.10:80/)[/size]

uncheck reset at an eror
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by violor(m): 9:01pm On Nov 01, 2008
@CALIENTE>>
d main problem is d port dat u used.
Now, uncheck d additional server n live d port space blank.
>make sure d mtn proxy is set as default to all applicatios.
>make sure ur apn(acess pt) address is activated.
>make sure u put d cheat b4 d opera server; try dis cheat: 10.199.212.8@
>make sure u uncheck d box for "reset of error"
I tink wit dis it will work, dont hesitate to let me knw if it works or not. Gud luck!
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by violor(m): 3:15pm On Nov 02, 2008
@STANCOZY>>
Guy i beg still put me tru on dat downloading stuff; i use mopera n i hv opera 2.06 on my nokia 3110c; each tym i download, its downloads with with an error and if i open what i downlded i get "FILE FORMAT UNKNOWN" what i downld are: jpg, mp3, gif n 3gp. Pls still help me. My email: adiadave@yahoo.com. Jst in case. Tanx
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by stancozy(m): 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2008
@violor,read the 3rd page of this thread, and that file format unknow simply means ur phone can't suport the file, pls dnt kil yasef ova simple facts., try downloadn pic then polyphonic ringtones n c if it won't be valid
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by Caliente(m): 10:45am On Nov 03, 2008
[size=13pt] @ Violor
This is what I got when I unchecked additional and left the port blank, An error occurred csadmsg: invalid port ex=cd=4 resp=0 host=http://loaded.mtnonline.com@80.232.177.10.10:80

I downloaded the opera Jtlyrics talked about and it works well on my phone. No offense but I like the features of opera 2.06, wouldn't mind getting it to work.[/size]
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by azeez1425(m): 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2008
From my observations, 2.06 downloads faster than 3.10

Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by agborodun: 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2008
For information on how to use opera on motorolla L6 and others, visit https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=190789.msg3031311#msg3031311
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by Chris89: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2008
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by honsule(m): 1:29am On Nov 08, 2008
Lot of questions and Obiter Ditum by a lot of people.Download this opera mod 206 from here http://operamini.club.hu/opera/opera206_en.jar
Or do anybody needs "Solibay Opera"?Go to suite settings under "application manager" and set it to read data card always.If you can't do that just 4got about downloading with mtn.Put the trick in front of the downloading address.And enjoy FOC downloading.I downloaded prison Break the last time(70Mb) and it was really fast.I know some people will still come and ask funny question,that is typical of Nairalanders
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by azeez1425(m): 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2008
There is a site where u can actually customize ur opera mod, and i think dts what was applied to solibay, Its only a change of name.
From d site u can give d opera any name u desire, likewise u can choose d language,icon and many other features b4 u download it.

Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by BossTtdiamonds(m): 10:00am On Nov 09, 2008
4 those of u havin' prob dwnloadin' large files, goto tis' site nd dwnload om 126 test
http://www.operamini.club.hu/
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2008
Observation
1.no credit no connection.
2.not really free.but though little changes r made(opera mod )
3.wap browsin is free on mobile browsers(se fones and s40v2),downloadin is not.
4.opera mod can download large files even wit less credt. Like i said obsrvtn.mite not 2 b accurate.
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by sniperwolf(m): 8:07am On Nov 17, 2008
Guys please help me with opera 4.2 beta.
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by dragnet: 9:02am On Nov 17, 2008
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by just2nice(m): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2008
@kaybaba.I guess you formatted your phone or you re-installed your Opera mod 3.10.Ok,go to Application Manager in your Tools sub-menu,goto 3.10 Options>Suite Settings.Set the 'Read User Data' and 'Edit User Data' to Ask Every Time .Save these changes and you are good to go.As for 'http://' appearing after you input the settings in the Opera Mini Server,that means you have now properly set it.I have got to go to my Industrial Training(IT) place of work now.Any more problems,I am here at a jiffy.
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by Mustay(m): 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2008
Please Please Please

Read previous posts before posting your questions.

Post on topic. E-mails of any nairaland member are on the profile of such a member. If you want to contact him/her, send a personal message.

If you have no solution to a member's answer, then don't post. do refer anyone to pages where a particular request had been treated. This is considering the fact that this is a referral  thread for operamini matters and should be of help to others and not *** angry

This thread is for Opera Mini. Not Solibay browser O!

Remember, read through previous posts please!!!! wink

1. What is Opera Mini?

Opera Mini is a fast and compact Web browser that allows you to access the Internet on your phone. By downloading the free Opera Mini, you can use your cell phone to access Web sites and content, including your mail, community sites, news, blogs and more.

2.Can I use Opera Mini on my phone?

You must have a phone with an Internet connection that is also capable of running Java mobile applications — most phones made after 2001 fulfill these requirements. In addition, the Opera Mini download process will tell you if your phone is known to work. Please see also our list of officially supported devices.

3. Do I have to pay for Opera Mini?

No, Opera Mini is free. Depending on how you get Opera Mini, your service provider may charge you for the actual download. When surfing with Opera Mini, Web pages are optimized and compressed before being sent to your phone. Therefore data transferred to your phone is significantly reduced, making mobile surfing cheaper.

4. How to set permissions in signed versions of Opera Mini

As of Opera Mini 4.1, we will offer signed versions along with unsigned. The advantage of the signed version is that you can change permission settings to less restrictive permissions. The end result is that you will get fewer permission dialogs for e.g., file and network access.

How to set permissions for Opera Mini varies a lot among different phones, but we will give you a few examples:

* In general, you have to locate the folder where Opera Mini 4.1 is. Then you have to highlight Opera Mini 4.1 and press an options/menu button.
    * Sony Ericsson: Highlight Opera Mini 4.1, click “More”, then “Permissions”. Here you can set “Read user data” and “Write user data” which are used by Opera Mini 4.1.
    * Nokia (Series 40 3.0): Highlight Opera Mini 4.1, click “Options”, then “App. access”, then “Data access”. Here you can edit “Read user data” and “Add and edit data” which are used by Opera Mini 4.1.

Please note that we are not offering signed versions for Palm and BlackBerry

5.Does Opera Mini work with my Blackberry device?

Yes, Opera Mini works well with BlackBerry devices and Opera Mini 4 also adds optimized menus for the BlackBerry.

BlackBerry devices with firmware older than 4.2 don’t have JSR-75 support required for some advanced features in Opera Mini. The firmware version can be found under Options > About (third line).

6.Do I need some kind of Internet service from my mobile provider?

In general, you will need to have some level of Internet access provided for in your phone service agreement. You need to check with your mobile provider if you have this included in your services.
What is JSR-75?

JSR-75 is a specification for Java applications such as Opera Mini to access device internal storage and functionality within the phone. Some of Opera Mini features like “Save Pages” and “Download/Upload Files” vary on how much JSR-75 that is supported by the phone. For more info on JSR, please see the Wikipedia entry.
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by Mustay(m): 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2008
1. What are the correct APN Internet settings for my phone (APN settings)?

To be able to connect Opera Mini to the Internet, your phone needs proper settings. In general, there are two different settings:

* GPRS/WAP
    * Internet

Opera Mini usually[b] needs the Internet setting, and to use the Internet APN[/b].

To help you get the right settings, we have created a settings page for each phone model that Opera Mini is available for: http://www.operamini.com/help/connect/

2. How do I enter APN Internet settings on my Nokia Series 40 phone?

Starting from the point where you have already downloaded and installed Opera Mini, but you are unable to load pages:

* Go into Settings.
    * Go into Configuration.
    * Go into Personal Configuration Settings.
    * Now, press Add New (visible if you don’t have a previous Personal Setting created) or press the Options button. When you have pressed the Options button, choose Add new.
    * When you have pressed Add New, you will get a new menu, which will give several options to choose from.
    * Now, scroll down and choose the Access Point and press Select. (Please note that this option is not available on the Nokia 3220 model and maybe on some more models, you can instead use the Services option instead of the Access Point option on the Nokia 3220.) Do not choose the Web option, since this will not work with Opera mini.
    * Now go into Access Point Settings.
    * Go into Bearer Settings.
    * Go into[b] Packet Data Access Point[/b].
    * Now, enter your APN (e.g wap.ng.celtel.com, mms.ng.zain.com, mms.ng.celtel.com, web.gprs.mtnonline.com, etc) address corresponding to your provider. Then press OK.
    * Go back to the Personal Configurations Settings menu, where you now should be able to see an Access Point selected.
    * Now press the Options button, and then choose to activate this Access Point.
    * Now you should be able to start Opera Mini, and try to load a link on your phone.

If you are still having problems with your Nokia S40 2.0 model of phone, please make sure that you have entered all the required information into the APN setting concerning proxy, user name, password, port etc.

just2nice did one here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-137306.160.html#msg2986384

Please note that this refers  to Opera Mini.

Culled from operamini.com

To download Operamini on your phone, visit: http://www.operamini.com/download/wap/
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 26, 2008
i guess that's why this thread became smaller well i'm off sampling the opera4.1mod and its true that opera 2.06 downloads faster than the 3.11 version .

If I may add the 3.11 does not allow tab switching, u must wait for the current tab to finish processing before u can switch unlike 2.06 where u can cycle through tabs as they are loading

My opinion . . . .2.06 kicks 3.11 in the ass big time
Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by daviddd(m): 7:23am On Nov 26, 2008
Ma opera 206 has stopped downloadin. Wt can i do? Thanks

Re: >>Opera Mini<<< by daviddd(m): 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2008
Another exhibit. It showed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Infinix Zero 2: The Next Hero / 2go Downlaod, Tips, Star Cheats And Mobile Chats / If You Buy This N4.9million Solarin, God Will Not Forgive You (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.