Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective (16339 Views)

Ways To Please Your Wife (islamic Perspective) / An Islamic Perspective On The Illuminati (A Must Read by All Muslims) / Boy Or Girl Child, Which Is Better? - An Islamic Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by deols(f): 10:31am On Jul 26, 2013
I was reading on a personality not long ago when I read of his last words to be 'oh wow oh wow oh wow'.

What immediately came to my mind was what I had learnt of the moments just before death. I decided to read more on it and share.

He isn't the only I have heard of. A woman describing the last moments of her husband had said, 'he was looking side ways, right and left until his final breadth'. I had wondered what she would have felt like if she knew what it connotes.

So, what does Islam say of the moments before death and why do dying people react the way they do?

This is only to remind us of death and to bring to our consciousness the need to become (more)steadfast in the deen. Death is after all the only thing everyone is certain of.

A hadith
Narrated by 'Ubada bin As-Samit:

The prophet said, "Whoever loves to meet Allah, Allah (too) loves to meet him and whoever hates to meet Allah, Allah hates to meet him". Aisha, or some of the wives of the prophet said, "But we dislike death." He said: It is not like this, but it is meant that when the time of the death of a believer approaches, he receives the good news of Allah's pleasure with him and His blessings upon him, and so at that time nothing is dearer to him than what is in front of him. He therefore loves the meeting with Allah, and Allah (too) loves the meeting with him. But when the time of the death of a disbeliever approaches, he receives the evil news of Allah's torment and His Requital, whereupon nothing is more hateful to him than what is before him. Therefore, he hates the meeting with Allah, and Allah too, hates the meeting with him."

The Departure of Believers Described

At the death of the Momin(righteous), the angels of death come and extend salaam to the Momin(righteous), at this time the Momin in the throes of death, smiles (Perhaps some of you may have seen this in a pious relative. The angels of death then gently call for the soul to come out.
From another reference (The Hereafter by Anwar Awlaki): When the soul of a believer who is righteous and innocent is removed, it comes out of the body like a drop of water sliding off the tip of the spout of a jug.

It is also reported that when the soul of the innocent leaves the body voluntarily when called by the angels of death, the eyes of the dying watch it leave.

For the non believer
However the soul of a disobedient person fights back and refuses to leave the body. His soul is removed forcibly and comes out torn and fragmented like a piece of cloth being pulled off a thorny bush.

The angels of death look frightening to him and the dying person is terrified at the time of death.

Verses from the Qur'an
Or do those who commit evils think We will make them like those who have believed and done righteous deeds - [make them] equal in their life and their death? Evil is that which they judge.(Q. 45:21)

Q. 8:50

And if you could but see when the angels take the souls of those who disbelieved... They are striking their faces and their backs and [saying], "Taste the punishment of the Burning Fire.

Q.47:27

Then how [will it be] when the angels take them in death, striking their faces and their backs?

The Journey of The Soul

This description is from a Hadith related by Abu Huraira (RA)
The angels of death arrive with a coffin for the soul of the Momin, perfumed with the fragrance of Jannah(paradise)

. The soul of the Momin is wrapped in the perfumed silk coffin and the angels ascend with it towards Allah (SWT) traversing the seven heavens.

.At each Level of Heaven the door is opened with a welcome, and the angel guards ask “ who is this pure (paak) soul that lived in a pure (paak) body? (The importance of remaining in taharah at all times is thus extremely important) until it reaches Allah SWT.

.The spirit is then returned to earth to remain with the body and it asks to be buried quickly (thus the muslim injunction to bury the body as quickly as you can)

.In the grave, the soul is returned to the body and the Munkar & Nakeer(angels) begin their interrogation.

Who is your Rab(lord)? The Momin says Rabi Allah
What is your deen(religion)? The Momin says Deen e Islam
Who is your Nabi(prophet)? The Momin gives shahada of Prophet Muhammad as Allah’s Rasool

When the same questions are asked fron the Kafir and the Munafiq he or she says:
“I don’t know” or “I said what ever other people said”

.The momin is then put to sleep gently and with respect and told that he or she will wake up on the Day of Judgment.

As for the disobedient and those who deny Tawheed of Allah:
Surah al Annam Allah (SWT) warns:

Q. 6:93

And who is more unjust than one who invents a lie about Allah or says, "It has been inspired to me," while nothing has been inspired to him, and one who says, "I will reveal [something] like what Allah revealed." And if you could but see when the wrongdoers are in the overwhelming pangs of death while the angels extend their hands, [saying], "Discharge your souls! Today you will be awarded the punishment of [extreme] humiliation for what you used to say against Allah other than the truth and [that] you were, toward His verses, being arrogant."

May Allah keep us firm in His deen and save us from his punishment. amin.

references- http://asqfish./2008/03/16/the-muslims-concept-of-events-at-death/
www.quran.com

35 Likes

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by tbaba1234: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2013
The ayat in Arabic are so cute smiley

JazakAllahu Khair.

May we have ease at the time of death.

5 Likes

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by deols(f): 11:39am On Jul 26, 2013
^^

wa iyyakum. Amin
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by maclatunji: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
tbaba1234: The ayat in Arabic are so cute smiley

JazakAllahu Khair.

May we have ease at the time of death.

Ameen.
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Sissie(f): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
May Allah(SWT) make us die as mumeens and grant us good in this world and hereafter. Ameen.

5 Likes

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Goldenheart(m): 4:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
grin wink grin
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Artless360(m): 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2013
Oh Allah mak us among d believer hu die wit faith...

Oh Allah dnt lt mi die in faith
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by chuksoyo21(m): 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
shocked
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by free2ryhme: 4:36pm On Jul 27, 2013
undecided me no understand ooo

I no wan understand sef
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Brimmie(m): 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
bcomputer101: ^
^^
^^^

This Is Not Politics Section Boi!! And U Shld Read The Rules Of Ds Section!
=============================

Too Bad, I Wasn't There When Someone I Could Call Ma Hero Died.. So I Dnt How The Last Word or Action Is Like.

May Allah (SWT) Make Our Last Breath And Words Come Wt Ease!

1 Like

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by deols(f): 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
^^amin

..and now you remind me of the last words. May it be the shahada. amin.

1 Like

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
In a nutshell, whoever doesn't want to meet Allah like myself will be tormented? Just like the christian version is very wierd. As far as i am concerned,when i die,i will be leaving my body to be united with the universe. I do not desire to meet any god or angel. They all sound dodgy.
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
LMAO!
Na wa.

2 Likes

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Tbaby4real(f): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
Jasakumullahu kairan, thanks for the reminder. May we die as Muslims and with shahada from our mouth. Amin

2 Likes

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by ABUkAkA: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
myths
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by riloxy(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
May Allah reward you abundantly.
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by lincolnj88: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
Hmmmm na so osama bin laden and sandam hussein die.......... Just passing by
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
Oh Allah let the last word to come out of our mouth be: Lla hilaha illa Allahu Muhammad Rosulullahi........ (saw)

3 Likes

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Rhemmymatician(m): 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
ABU_kAkA: myths
Kpomo
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Ayoobscom(m): 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
Subhanalah wabihamdihi Subhanalah liasim

No wander while my mallam (arabic teacher,chief Imam of my town) in his last moment kept saying "this is where I want to go,that place,yes that place" pointing his hand forth with ease,with his eyes already half close...Subhanalah..

Thank you @op......unlike the counterparts that visits hell fire on daily basis

"Walatanutuna ila wa antum muslimun"

And do not die except you are a Muslim...

Xtians,hinduist,budihist,traditionalist and idolaters are all a family of peganism and polytheism

Setting up ideas as God and inviting people like it is real,,attributing death,son,pain and other funny funny ideas as God

Islam is open...come on in...before you die.

5 Likes

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by adezzy01(m): 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
salam to d OP. May Allahu swt let us die as a momin in is dis deen cald Al -Islam. Ameen.

1 Like

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
The Dead are Dead until judgement day when they will be judged and rewarded according to their conduct.
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by deols(f): 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ayoobscom: Subhanalah wabihamdihi Subhanalah liasim

No wander while my mallam (arabic teacher,chief Imam of my town) in his last moment kept saying "this is where I want to go,that place,yes that place" pointing his hand forth with ease,with his eyes already half close...Subhanalah..

Thank you @op......unlike the counterparts that visits hell fire on daily basis

"Walatanutuna ila wa antum muslimun"

And do not die except you are a Muslim...

Xtians,hinduist,budihist,traditionalist and idolaters are all a family of peganism and polytheism

Setting up ideas as God and inviting people like it is real,,attributing death,son,pain and other funny funny ideas as God

Islam is open...come on in...before you die and go to hell

Ma sha Allah. He must have been a righteous man.
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Worldlife: 6:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
Amin yarabil!
Almubaraq Sadara: Oh Allah let the last word to come out of our mouth be: Lla hilaha illa Allahu Muhammad Rosulullahi........ (saw)
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by deols(f): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
adezzy01: salam to d OP. May Allahu swt let us die as a momin in is dis deen cald Al -Islam. Ameen.

Wa alaykum salam. Amin
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by deols(f): 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
frosbel: The Dead are Dead until judgement day when they will be judged and rewarded according to their conduct.

There are stages before the judgement day.

Title says Islamic perspective. Saying anything otherwise is trolling.
Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by Decryptor(m): 6:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
The thing is that every religion of it's own has it's version of the after-life and each religion certainly paints theirs to be sweet for ardent believers and misery for non-believers. I think i will subscribe only to those who have NDE's cos their accounts are so precise.

1 Like

Re: The Death Experience-An Islamic perspective by mutaalim(m): 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
May we die as a true believer (آمين )

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girl Flogged In Mali For Speaking To Men / Dr. Shaykh Muhammad Kamalud-deen Habeebullah Al-adaby / Ramadan Moon Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Fasting Begins Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.