Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,008 members, 7,825,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread (23744 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Your First Nations Cup / Multimedia Centre: Nations Cup 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by tkb417(m): 6:26pm On Jun 12, 2008
im so happy
when Croatia was dealing with England, all the dirty mouths here started making noise. Now the idiots are getting spanked 2-0
very sweet, loving it!!

where is that he-goat (dayokanu)
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 6:34pm On Jun 12, 2008
Croatia's a strong team,no question,but Germany's better than this.They're not this poor.Lehmann's bringing badluck,with his balding head
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2008
Sweet goal. 2-1.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 6:48pm On Jun 12, 2008
Red card for Eminem. Yellow for his big bodyguard. Up Germany grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2008
And Croatia's in. I hope to see a Croatia - Portugal clash.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hustler(m): 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2008
Is Rene Adler not in dis German teamWhy stick with this LAYMAN
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by dayokanu(m): 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2008
@TKB,
Can you clearly state which one of the teams you support? Everyone knows dayokanu is German, Hustler is Italian. but tkb is Italian, Dutch, French and English Man we need consistency here.

@Hustler,
Knowing the Germans, Seniority matters between the sticks that explains why Kopke was in goal while he had a terrible season in 1998 but Kahn had to be content with the bench Same Adler would be on the bench throughout this tourney unless something terrible happened.

@all,
The Germans have always had problems with Croatia remember the 3-0 thumping in France 1998 But I still beleive the Germans would qualify the only have to beat Austria.

The winner is not determined at this stage. In 2004, Greece qualified with just 4 points and went ahead to win the tourney
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by DrKitaun(m): 11:49pm On Jun 12, 2008
@Dayokanu

absolutely right !!! cool

The Germans are not going to allow this deter them, neither would the Italians cool these are times we get to see why the 2 teams are in a class of their own cheesy

what the f@ck was BALLACK doing on the field of play ? the guy has had a shambolic tourney thus far, very dismal to say the least, Eminem was the one that brought spark into the game, shame he had to get the red which I feel was a little harsh considering the circumstances that led to his questionable action embarassed
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by crazylegs(m): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2008
dayokanu:

The winner is not determined at this stage. In 2004, Greece qualified with just 4 points and went ahead to win the tourney

I also agree. You really can't predict till the group stages are over. Spain is one of the favourites and the team I support, but I know beating Russia 4-1 means absolutely nothing.

But Germany didn't look too good. (Sorry dayokanu sad). They deserved to lose. Its hard to see them winning when faced with a Portugal or Holland.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by bgees(m): 10:51am On Jun 13, 2008
FRANCE vs NETHERLANDS.

I wonder why Dummynech took d diarra brothers ahead of flamini.
I hope the oranje win this one. But they should be wary of RIBERY.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2008
dayokanu:

@TKB,
Can you clearly state which one of the teams you support? Everyone knows dayokanu is German, Hustler is Italian. but tkb is Italian, Dutch, French and English Man we need consistency here.

@Hustler,
Knowing the Germans, Seniority matters between the sticks that explains why Kopke was in goal while he had a terrible season in 1998 but Kahn had to be content with the bench Same Adler would be on the bench throughout this tourney unless something terrible happened.

@all,
The Germans have always had problems with Croatia remember the 3-0 thumping in France 1998 But I still beleive the Germans would qualify the only have to beat Austria.

So this pederast is still alive? U have become a foreign body since United won the holy grail. Do u still think Hitzfeld is better than Ferguson? grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by debosky(m): 5:36pm On Jun 13, 2008
The Germans had a parlous game - very very awful by their standards - if they show this kind of erratic form in the last game, they may also be out - favorites or no favorites. Its one thing to lose gracefully or be outplayed, but it is another thing to be so awful that you STINK on the pitch. Even the Kaiser himself is completely puzzled. . .Germany might still go out.

Italy were sucker punched, not to talk of their aged midfield being outrun, just like Arsenal did against AC. Donadoni has changed that around, so lets see what they can do today. I want golden boy (more like man now at 33 grin) to have his final hurrah in this tourney. cool
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2008
My money is on Portugal . . . . . .They have showed flair, verve and the best tactical nous in the whole competition.
I agree sexy football don't always win matches(like Arsenal) but Portugal has been the only team that keeps throwing caution to the wind and asked questions.

VIVA RONALDO!!!!!!
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2008
malouda sucks

he was so poor in d 1st the game, here again he plays with no urgency,
he has just allowed Kuyt a goal
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2008
Don't understand why he didn't at least try to get his head to the ball also to stop Kuyt. He made no attempt at all.

Orange boys to win this, and mainly cos of Van der Saar grin

I hope
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by debosky(m): 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2008
France is already warming up subs! Who are they taking off I wonder? Obviously Vieira is still not fit, if not he would be starting - this Maka-Toulalan mix is definitely not working.

Why was Malouda marking a striker in the box anyways? Soft goal to give away.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 8:14pm On Jun 13, 2008
ruud van nistelrooy looks like he's got a renewed appetite for international football
kuyt's workrate over the two games has been amazing

Malouda is crap
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2008
exactly the "makalele - Toulalan combo isnt effective, I dont understand playing two defensive midfielders
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:18pm On Jun 13, 2008
The Dutch are so organized.They hold on to the ball longer,and they ain't giving the French any space.

Too early for frustrated tackles,Makelele.First yellow.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by eldee(m): 8:29pm On Jun 13, 2008
@Cristalz
I think the reason for them being well structured is that they've played together all their lives

We all watched them grow together, now, they can locate each other even if they're blindfolded. . .
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 8:31pm On Jun 13, 2008
Cristalz:

The Dutch are so organized.They hold on to the ball longer,and they ain't giving the French any space.

Too early for frustrated tackles,Makelele.First yellow.

France's strength is on the bench. Thierry Henry has been a waste-pipe if u compare him to what Ruud has done so far. Florent Malouda is a joke.
I just dunno what Ray Domenech was thinking choosing his team cos this Dutch team is well seasoned and have a tasty bench. Van Persie and Huntelaar are still on the bench licking their boots already to ask Gallas and Thuram questions in the 2nd half.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2008
A good defense line,plus Van der Saar.Doubt that the French can break thru,especially seeing as their zeal isn't matching their opponent's.

Makelele should be substituted.Hez not doing well in a defensive role,and Henry kinda seems lonely up front.

@huc
France's strength is on the bench?Who've they got?Vieira isnt fully fit,is he?They've really got nuthin player-wise.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by debosky(m): 8:42pm On Jun 13, 2008
Benzema and Nasri are on the bench, they might be able to change things since the likes of Titi and Malouda are being ineffective - we need an injection of explosive pace and creativity in this game - Henry has just not been good enough. Ribery is playing his heart out, but with no one else really playing on his frequency, its too much for him to shoulder alone.

The Dutch have been very competent I must say, their defence is shackling France and preventing them from getting choice shooting positions. VDS has also been excellent, giving more confidence to the team. . .I think Benzema and Nasri will come on before too long in the second half.

How much impact has Evra the attacking full back made? I still say Domenech screwed up by not taking Clichy and Sagna.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2008
Cristalz:

@huc
France's strength is on the bench?Who've they got?Vieira isnt fully fit,is he?They've really got nuthin player-wise.

They need a character or they should just switch to 4-3-3. 3 strikers in Benzema, Henry and Anelka. Makelele should go out, Diarra may come in. There's still a lot France can give. Holland are just having a stroll in the park. Malouda has been a complete idiot. Simple one-two pass with Evra, he cannot complete it. A Prem player like Malouda watches Man Utd every week and should know how Evra operates. France shouldn't have qualified for this tournament at all. They have been shambolic.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 8:55pm On Jun 13, 2008
Gosh,how on earth did Henry miss that lovely chance? shocked
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 8:57pm On Jun 13, 2008
henry has lost his confidence!

I'm a little sceptical abt this dutch sub
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by hucarson(m): 8:58pm On Jun 13, 2008
Cristalz:

Gosh,how on earth did Henry miss that lovely chance? shocked

I have told u Thierry shouldn't be in the tournament. Holland have gone 4-3-3 with prodigal sons(Van Persie and Robben). Holland need just one counter-attack and they will score the second goal. One on one with Van Der Sar and he choked like he had plastic bag stuffed in his throat.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by debosky(m): 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2008
Y'all should lay off Titi! tongue

He isn't the player he once was. . .that is obvious, but what is Domenech thinking? Take that prat called Malouda off, Govou too and bring on Benzema and Nasri, the French need more impetus and drive, the current cast is NOT providing it at all.
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2008
now that's whats up

Holland rocks

Ruud van persie rocks
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by Cristalz(f): 9:01pm On Jun 13, 2008
@debo
I agree Domenech shlda taken Clichy and Sagna.Their pace and skill woulda done a lot for this team.But what do you want Evra to do,perform miracles?Hez not the only one playing like hez worn out,why pick on him? The entire team is messed up,even Henry isn't playing like the Henry of Arsenal.Hez messed up too.A player of his skill and talent shlda buried that chance.

Dunno why Anelka,Vieira,Benzema should be on the bench  

Hurray for the Flying Dutchmen! Nice one,Van Perv. I'm impressed  grin
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by mystikal(m): 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2008
this game is just so similar to Holland - Italy game

the dutch operate best from counter attacks, they allow u play, then counter
Re: European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread by debosky(m): 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2008
I apologise Crizzy, Domenech is just pissing me off with his poor tactics - Why start Govou and not Benzema for crying out loud? That guy is not even on the pitch as far as I'm concerned. Malouda is trying to redeem himself in this half, but I'm not buying it, he should still come off.

Henry is washed up and he knows it, he'll retire after this tournament.

RVP strikes!!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo Poses With His Lovely Daughter / Oshoala Scores Another Brace As Barcelona Defeat Huelva In The Queen's Cup. / Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.