Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) (39860 Views)

Amaechi On 94.1FM Wazobia In Port Harcourt (photos) / Amaechi On Railway Inspection From Abuja To Kaduna (Photos) / Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by EngrChris(m): 9:23am On Jul 28, 2013
payless: Nigeria and US practice federal system of government; where separation of power is respected and state autonomy is also respected. Nigeria and US constitution are virtually the same. The drafting committee led by Bola Ige who drafted the Nigerian Constitution wouldn't be happy with lawlessness of this President when it comes to respect of state autonomy. Amaechi should be allowed to serve as Governor without interference from Jonathan or his wife.
This Questions is for you. Q.1, can a nigeria senator resign from his seat because he was exposed when accuse of sleeping with a slut in a hotel. Q.2 can a uk/usa house member, upper/lower chamber remain in office after fight'g in the house or chamber. Q.3 can uk/usa governor remain in office after molesting a Rev. Father, quess he will resign because of respect he has for masses. Q.4 can u steal in uk/usa and remain unpunished. Q.5 can uk/usa politician mobilize tauts or youth and inec officials to rig election for him. Q.6 can a uk/usa state governor stop local government election and appoint caretaker committee to head the local government Q.7 did we have state police, Q.8 uk/usa senator allowance is it the same with nigeria senator. Etc. As far as I'm concern if we have the same constitution we don't behave and act the same way, because we are not up to them, so don't join nigeria and uk/usa issue. Don't you know what is DEVELOPED COUNTRY and DEVELOPING COUNTRY, Africa politicians are the same compare to European ones. Thanks for your understanding. God please rescue Nigeria our nation.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by shaneroberts26: 9:24am On Jul 28, 2013
[/b]
iyobs7: I will at this[b] junction[/b] congratulate the office of the adviser to the President on issues relating to politics.
It goes to show that the President is really a listening President to have kept quiet to the insults being
thrown at him. Amaechi simply wants the President to respond to his comments and will not be surprised if
he arranged the interview with the Tv station just to seek the attention of Mr. President who is bothered with
more important things than trading words with a gov who instead of focusing on bettering his state, he is busy
crying foul because he wants to run as a President. Nigerians seem to forget that incumbency in Nigeria Politics
is a major determinant of who wins whether Obama comes and run against Jonathan.

Amaechi should stop granting interviews and let the good people that believe in him see the good he has done and
use that one to elect him.
Quietness is not foolishness and for those that are insulting GEJ and PEJ, please note that your parents before they exit this
earth will never smell where the foolish and stupid president and his shepopotamus of a wife has trod.

Which junction?Otigba or Afor Nkpor?
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by legendsilver(m): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2013
I don't see anything bad in what Ameachi is doing to the president. This is democratic government, if our leaders don't have a competitive opposition, they will surely loosen their bert and feel all is well. Let the heat continue and let's see where year 2015 takes us to. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Toktee(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2013
naijatruth: So as your FATHER, the WORST mistake of creature.
Talkertive,is labaran maku ur elder brother?
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Concept(m): 9:27am On Jul 28, 2013
Governor Rotimi Amaechi has proven himself not to be a push-over like our president. Being a leader has to come with a price, you do not hide behind your followers, the reverse should be the case. For me I cannot respect a man that will not put his house in order. What I see here is that Amaechi is not the weak type & seems ready to face consequence of his actions because in as much the president still have that power attached to his office he can do & undo. However one thing is certain if Amaechi is doing the will of his people he might escape the current onslaught. The way this country is presided over does not conform with obtainable pattern in developed world how can a president or his wife be inciting lawlessness in a certain state just because you think you have had enough of an elected Governor, I think that should have been left for the electorate. Do you know why Wike lacks leadership qualities as expressed by the Governor, leaders do not shift ground so easily, when they do everyone around sees the effect. Equivocal entities like the president & his wife, who once claimed not to be & later claimed to be do not have the personality of Amaechi. What Amaechi is doing, is what we call character & everyone has to be identified with one. I now see reason why some people say he is arrogant, that is how it looks when you do not compromise on your believes, especially in that society of ours that is so bias. Mr president nursing an ambition & we have not seen the effect of the first term on his people. I am not interested in Amaechi becoming president or VP but one thing should be noted, you do not castigate a man for having ambition.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 28, 2013
I saw arrogance, I saw false charisma, and I saw a man who disobeys the "First of the 48 Laws of Power" without a standing in the transgression of the law.

In his statements, he said he does not discuss about his sub-ordinates, yet he wants The President to discuss with him.

In politics, diplomacy is the order - Doing the harshest things in the nicest way, but Amaechi has been openly insulting a sitting President that was voted-in by majority of Nigerians and by extension, the majority of Nigerians are pained by these insults.

I understand that Nairaland age group is majorly 21-25 yrs so many Nairalanders are just advancing bracket who are either just out of school, seeking jobs, and inexperienced as is normal in that age bracket, but for those who pay the pipers, for those in the age bracket of 25 to 60s, we know what it means to have an insubordinate person in a chain of command, so when I watch this video about Amaechi, I feel terrible with his utterances. He is clearly done in politics and is trying to bring GEJ down with him. Arrogance and Pride has no place in politics.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by SirVee(m): 9:29am On Jul 28, 2013
mooregan:

One Ministerial appointment to you and de topic go change.

YOU LIE!
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by ewet: 9:41am On Jul 28, 2013
excelkoms: Ayo Fayoshe, DSP Alameiseigha, J. Ibori etc hav all threaded in dis path b4 and dey neva came out clean frm it. In as much as we dnt d political tension in R/state, make dem tell dis man say, U CANNOT FIGHT D COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES.........
Plss always try to display commonsense.naija's deemocracy is nw mre matured and our institutions r nw strnger. If obj was d 1 inchrge nw he wuld nt hve bin able to rape our democracy d way he did thnm

Pple r nw more awre of thr rites and are beta in4rmd thn b4.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by blocker: 9:41am On Jul 28, 2013
kennyeast: I used to think Nigerian leaders are the problem of Nigeria, now I know better. Nigerians are born slaves to their own leaders. Imagine somebody supporting the fact that an elected stat governor, should take instructions from the president and his wife, God forbid! Nigeria need more of Amechi to succeed. Jonathan should come come out and defend himself if he has a point. Tomorrow u fools saying Amechi should go and worship Jonathan, will be the one complaining that the country is bad. Nonsense!
. Tell the sychophants what they need to hear. People should learn to express dissent by disagreeing without being violently disagreeable.Amaechi should not be seen as a rebel but rather be seen as a patriot.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by tunergy(m): 9:42am On Jul 28, 2013
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by xavier3g(m): 9:45am On Jul 28, 2013
Billyonaire: I saw arrogance, I saw false charisma, and I saw a man who disobeys the "First of the 48 Laws of Power" without a standing in the transgression of the law.

In his statements, he said he does not discuss about his sub-ordinates, yet he wants The President to discuss with him.

In politics, diplomacy is the order - Doing the harshest things in the nicest way, but Amaechi has been openly insulting a sitting President that was voted-in by majority of Nigerians and by extension, the majority of Nigerians are pained by these insults.

I understand that Nairaland age group is majorly 21-25 yrs so many Nairalanders are just advancing bracket who are either just out of school, seeking jobs, and inexperienced as is normal in that age bracket, but for those who pay the pipers, for those in the age bracket of 25 to 60s, we know what it means to have an insubordinate person in a chain of command, so when I watch this video about Amaechi, I feel terrible with his utterances. He is clearly done in politics and is trying to bring GEJ down with him. Arrogance and Pride has no place in politics.

Arrogance and pride has everything to do with politics. This is politics, the first law is not by any means greater than the remaining 47.

Also the sooner 'we young Nigerians' begin to question and oppose the 'normal order of business' in Nigeria, the better for us all. I think the time has come for us all to stop being myopic, we are no longer in the stone ages. The only way we can move forward in this country is by questioning, opposing and if need be, fighting against all the rubbish we are handed down by leaders, who shouldn't be in that position in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by texazzpete(m): 9:49am On Jul 28, 2013
Billyonaire: I saw arrogance, I saw false charisma, and I saw a man who disobeys the "First of the 48 Laws of Power" without a standing in the transgression of the law.

So by your logic, isn't Amaechi supposed to be 'pained' after receiving insults from Patience Jonathan? Aren't the rivers people who voted in Amaechi going to feel pained?
GEJ brought all this upon himself .
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by ewet: 9:49am On Jul 28, 2013
thriz:
PLS WHEN DID U ESCAPE FROM YABA, COS NO SANE PERSON WOULD REASON LIKE U. AS FOR AMAECHI, NO NEED TO CONDEMN OR PRAISE HIM, EVERYONE SHOULD JUST WATCH 2015, THE END WILL JUSTIFY THE MEANS

Bros u knw nuffin.amaechi has nthng 2 loose cos its GEJ who is lukng 4 2nd term.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 28, 2013
xavier3g:

Arrogance and pride has everything to do with politics. This is politics, the first law is not by any means greater than the remaining 47

The First and Most Important is the First Law, without the First the rest are misfit. I disagree with your assetion that politics is about arrogance and pride. It is the very reason we learnt that 'Pride' goes before a "fall'.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 28, 2013
tokunboh: In this revealing and interesting interview, Gov Rotimi Amaechi opened up about his rift with President Jonathan. This is the most revealing interview he has granted till date on his face-off with GEJ/PEJ.
Kudos to the anchor/interviewer, he did a great job!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQpjCJbNOs8&feature=player_embedded

Brilliant interview!
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by ilebaami: 9:54am On Jul 28, 2013

The age bracket of most Nairalanders must be the reason for excessive venom in articles. I handle a lot of very young people between 18 and 25. I encourage them to read the lines very closely. But more importantly, I tell them to look between the lines and see that there is more than meets their young eyes. Young people should learn to ask questions and listen a lot.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 28, 2013
texazzpete:

So by your logic, isn't Amaechi supposed to be 'pained' after receiving insults from Patience Jonathan? Aren't the rivers people who voted in Amaechi going to feel pained?

Ofcourse Amaechi is pained, he is hopeless and desperate. The only missile left in the hands of a falling politician is to pull others down with him. In all his claims and counterclaims, he has never pointed out an issue that the President has personally vindictive, he keeps muttering words like, his aids, his security apparatus.

Listen, history has stories of people like Jonathan and Amaechi - lots of them. But in my candid researches, the silent types always get the support of the majority of the people.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by yabadabado: 9:56am On Jul 28, 2013

PLEASE keep generalisation to yourself sir. you cannot speak for "people" that voted for mr president,maybe some are already regretting that choice. funny that you should mention 48 laws of power, ameachi must have probably read it too.

THIS IGNORANT HIGH AND MIGHT CONCEPT OF THE PRESIDENT BEING ELECTED BY MANY PEOPLE AND AMEACHI BEING ELECTED BY FEWER PEOPLE, SIR, IS NOT ACCEPTABLE
finally, i have seen bush insulted by ordinary people, i have seen american gentlemen and women call their most respected figures names during political campaign , i have seen obama being question by ordinary citizen while on a live broadcast from the WHITE HOUSE.
SIR,GET USE TO IT AND STOP TELLING YOURSELF THAT IT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL...freedom of expression..if you don't like it...you can recommend another system of government to the national assembly.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by SirVee(m): 9:57am On Jul 28, 2013

What laws are you talking about? I am surprised at your late entry to this discuss! You didn't have power in your area or your computer had issues?

Can you justify all Rotimi Amaechi's travails in recent times (the most painful is the president's wife interference)! Have you heard her speak again? She has humiliated not only herself, but those that sent her! Push has come to shove now, and Evans Bipi's jesus christ is suing for peace! She should organise a press conference and be interviewed let us hear her own side. E don do for una! We don tire for all this yeye.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by xavier3g(m): 9:59am On Jul 28, 2013
Billyonaire:

The First and Most Important is the First Law, without the First the rest are misfit. I disagree with your assetion that politics is about arrogance and pride. It is the very reason we learnt that 'Pride' goes before a "fall'.

The First and most important law is by no means greater than the rest of the laws.Pride makes us long for a solution to things – a solution, a purpose, a final cause. Secondly, Pride makes us long for a solution to things – a solution, a purpose, a final cause, which I think we Nigerians lack at this point.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by vlove1: 10:00am On Jul 28, 2013
Baba_Eleko: GEJ is the greatest mistake of this country.

How can u said this? kindly explain pls
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by shaneroberts26: 10:00am On Jul 28, 2013
Engr. Chris:
fuel subsidy is still in ur head, mean u have a problem, as a person u can't develop n guess u have poor man mentality. because 9ja's us any disadvantage to dere own advantage, let me give u a tip, u can start selling fuel on on d street. Grow up u will succeed.
Choi,na person wey call im self Engr dey reason like dis?So mek we forget about 1.somtin TRILLION DOLLARS just like dat?SO I DONT HAV D RIGHT TO DEMAND FOR D ACCOUNTABILITY OF MY MONEY AGAIN?Wid dat 1.somtin trillion Dollars,the Federal govmnt could hav cleared all Her debt.Bros sorry to say dis,i am ashamed of you.Tufia!
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by enigmang: 10:01am On Jul 28, 2013
texazzpete:

Actuallly Amaechi was not voted for... It was Omehia that won the election... The guy is too arrogant he has been lucky so far but he should no that the people he is romancing with will all desert him hen the heat becomes too much .. What comes to mind is how 5people where able to overpower 27 ... Only shows that most of the 27 are actually on the fence...
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by clint77ng: 10:03am On Jul 28, 2013
[quote
author=Sloan]

AMEN to your prayer to yourself! grin grin grin I am sure you've never lived
in a developed society of really bright human beings, astute and
sophisticated leaders who actually know what they are doing! You can
disagree with some of their positions, but goodness me, you will give it
to them! I live in such a society, not a backward Nigeria where people
like you envy and want the development of the US, Canada, UK, etc but
not the culture of leadership that brings such frontier society! People
queue up at our embassies in Nigeria from 4 o'clock in the morning, had
it been ours is a society like Nigeria, will you be dying at the
embassy, even lying to the visa officer just to get a chance to come
here? You are really too silly to not see that the retardeen is doing
NOTHING given the resources at his disposal! With record oil prices, he
has racked up $ 7 B+ in debt in for the federal government alone! The
anti-corruption war is completely dead, when next did any thief even
look the way of EFCC? Obasanjo negotiated and paid off Nigeria's debt by
2007 to 0 and now you and your children are on the hook for $ 7 B and
you are happy? That is why you are a mumu-retardeen! Which SURE-P money?
How much have you received? Where are the jobs? Is it not the economy
that the shepopotamus Iweala recently cried cannot fund itself again? Is
it not the same one that Sanusi and co. are saying a big slide is
coming for the Naira, since it's artificial price can no longer be
defended? Is it not the same country losing billions of dollars to oil
bunkerers who the retardeen paid, neglecting out navy, to protect? I
know foolishness lives in the brain of a lot of Nigerians who are yet to
know the world is now in the 21 st Century![/quote]Do i need to join issues with u? No. for 40 or more yrs u guys shared power amongst urselves, what do u have to show for it? where were u when an individual was given the sole import right to almost everything we use in Naija? let the Niger deltans guard their oil. The have the right to that. You polluted their farmland, rivers and degraded their environment, it still pains you to see them enjoy for ones. if their guarding the pipelines can stop vandalism, let it be. meanwhile GEJ is God sent. Come back and i bet u u will start confessing from the airport.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 28, 2013
yabadabado:
PLEASE keep generalisation to yourself sir. you cannot speak for "people" that voted for mr president,maybe some are already regretting that choice. funny that you should mention 48 laws of power, ameachi must have probably read it too.

THIS IGNORANT HIGH AND MIGHT CONCEPT OF THE PRESIDENT BEING ELECTED BY MANY PEOPLE AND AMEACHI BEING ELECTED BY FEWER PEOPLE, SIR, IS NOT ACCEPTABLE
finally, i have seen bush insulted by ordinary people, i have seen american gentlemen and women call their most respected figures names during political campaign , i have seen obama being question by ordinary citizen while on a live broadcast from the WHITE HOUSE.
SIR,GET USE TO IT AND STOP TELLING YOURSELF THAT IT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL...freedom of expression..if you don't like it...you can recommend another system of government to the national assembly.

One of the basic problems I have with you youngsters is using America as a model. We are discussing here and I do not welcome the comparison of Politics in general with the uncultured hypocrisy of the American system. Great Empires that stood for several thousands of years were ruled by natural laws of power and it is on that frame that I discuss. The issue here is purely judged by the video I watched. I do not plan to know Amaechi deeper than I see on that video.

In the video, I saw a man that is arrogant, that talks people down, a man who decides what to respond to, and what is insulting to his 'ordinate' self, a man who doesnt respond about issues concerning his 'subordinates' (meaning he knows what is called insubordination). I saw arrogance from a public officer. I saw a man who doesnt respect his President, who doesnt respect his party, who calls anyone who is against his policies an enemy. That is what I saw, but I guess people within the 21-25 age bracket might see a commando. That is false vision.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by xavier3g(m): 10:04am On Jul 28, 2013
Billyonaire:

Ofcourse Amaechi is pained, he is hopeless and desperate. The only missile left in the hands of a falling politician is to pull others down with him. In all his claims and counterclaims, he has never pointed out an issue that the President has personally vindictive, he keeps muttering words like, his aids, his security apparatus.

Listen, history has stories of people like Jonathan and Amaechi - lots of them. But in my candid researches, the silent types always get the support of the majority of the people.

And GEJ is the silent one here right? by using 'unschooled' dogs to do the dirty work, and unleashing his "lady". Please, GEJ has bigger problems than Amechi, he should face that, there is nothing wrong in a man having ambitions. Most importantly GEJ should not forget when something similar was almost done to him, when his superior died in a foreign land, he made a statement then which i believe he has forgotten.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by SirVee(m): 10:05am On Jul 28, 2013
texaco1:
Don't mind that guy wey dey ikeja come here come dey form say he dey usa .nairaland is where every nobody pretends to be somebody

You think say I be you? I sabi pass you period! Try write better than me, then I go dey follow you everywhere including TWITTER! I dey wait for your convincing post!
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by enigmang: 10:06am On Jul 28, 2013
SirVee:

What laws are you talking about? I am surprised at your late entry to this discuss! You didn't have power in your area or your computer had issues?

Can you justify all Rotimi Amaechi's travails in recent times (the most painful is the president's wife interference)! Have you heard her speak again? She has humiliated not only herself, but those that sent her! Push has come to shove now, and Evans Bipi's jesus christ is suing for peace! She should organise a press conference and be interviewed let us hear her own side. E don do for una! We don tire for all this yeye.

She can't fall for this because if she does that we all we say it is the President and as Amaechi has said he cannot talk about his subordinate...

On a serious note see how Amaechi brandishes the surbodinate word yet he doesn't realise the superiority of the PRESIDENCY
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 28, 2013
xavier3g:

And GEJ is the silent one here right? by using 'unschooled' dogs to do the dirty work, and unleashing his "lady". Please, GEJ has bigger problems than Amechi, he should face that, there is nothing wrong in a man having ambitions. Most importantly GEJ should not forget when something similar was almost done to him, when his superior died in a foreign land, he made a statement then which i believe he has forgotten.

I think you have some molecules of Amaechi in you. The Premise of this discourse is within the confines of that video and the issues therein, any other issues and matters arising within your statements are outside the confines of this chit-chat. You are derailing and I wish you can stick to the issues in discourse, I hate meandering with thoughtless swaggering of political tadpoles.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 28, 2013
xavier3g:

I think you have some molecules of Amaechi in you. The Premise of this discourse is within the confines of that video and the issues therein, any other issues and matters arising within your statements are outside the confines of this chit-chat. You are derailing and I wish you can stick to the issues in discourse, I hate meandering with thoughtless swaggering of political tadpoles.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by xavier3g(m): 10:14am On Jul 28, 2013
enigmang:

Actuallly Amaechi was not voted for... It was Omehia that won the election... The guy is too arrogant he has been lucky so far but he should no that the people he is romancing with will all desert him hen the heat becomes too much .. What comes to mind is how 5people where able to overpower 27 ... Only shows that most of the 27 are actually on the fence...

In terms of Government,development and industrialization to the Rivers state people, can you fault him? That my friend is the most important question. Most of the people in government today are not by any means supposed to be in that position. And by bringing up the 5 against 27, don't tell me you support that! How are we ever going to move forward if youths like yourself can even bring that up? Seriously, i think Nigerians should wake up. Don't even get me started on the RSHA.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by texaco1: 10:16am On Jul 28, 2013
Billyonaire:

Billy ,leave all these people alone ,when the time comes they will realise who holds the ace .it is pointless arguing with them but if you have got the time you can continue

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

List Of Lawmakers In The 7th Assembly Who Didn’t Sponsor A Single Bill / Nigerians Hail Buhari On Recall Of Ambassador To South Africa Over Xenophobia / Police Officers Arrested By Edo Vigilante For Transporting Illicit Weed (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.