Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week (28352 Views)

ASUU May Call-Off Strike Next Week / ASUU May Call Off Strike On Tuesday. / ASUU May Call Off Strike. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by DEGREE2466(m): 7:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Thank God about this latest news but wait OSHODIN GODWIN please check basement for us o. Bedbug wan kill person there abi na that one Benin people take dey chop our blood self?
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by ignis: 7:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Dear ASUU,
Please don't call off the strike yet. Am still having nice time with my baby. If you call off the strike now, she will leave me and run back to school.
Kindly use your good office to grant us two more months of enjoyment. By then I will be done with her.
Thanks for your usual cooperation.
Yours faithfuly
Ignis

1 Like

Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by Olajumokeibk(f): 7:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by Djtm(m): 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
Pls don't call off any strike yet o! I've carefully planned what i'll do for 5 months and its not even up to a month yet.
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by biomedixexcel(m): 7:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
ignis: Dear ASUU,
Please don't call off the strike yet. Am still having nice time with my baby. If you call off the strike now, she will leave me and run back to school.
Kindly use your good office to grant us two more months of enjoyment. By then I will be done with her.
Thanks for your usual cooperation.
Yours faithfuly
Ignis
Who is this man now? I supposed to have graduated last year but am still here in school due to this sort of strike!
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by pobosky20(m): 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
Please when this current face-off btw ASUU n FG is over, ASUU should be scraped. All schools should hav their own unions,not ASS-holes again.
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by pobosky20(m): 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
Please when this current face-off btw ASUU n FG is over, ASUU should be scraped. All schools should hav their own unions,not ass-holes again.
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by Osujonajokross(m): 7:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
ASUU o pls call d off the strike, we are tired.and those of una wey still want the strike to countinue,una strike go countinue in jesus name. Bt ASUU strike will b called off.
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by Abuklaw(m): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
kalimera101:
Anticipated co-operation ke. What has polythecnic got to do with the university. Abeg we wan graduate o. So u guys should handle ur problems. Shey u want ur hnd to become bsc na. Wait hear.
you've started again,don't u like being pacified.or do u want me to rob salt in2 ur wound,why do u resort to reminding me that i'm a polytechnic student when u know i had never get it right with whoever thinks sumtin is superior ova anoda.get it into your skull today that academics excellence is not a matter of being a university alumni or polytechnic graduate it depends on the indidvidual who made him/herself distinct from his/her peers

1 Like

Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by hardeyah1(m): 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2013
Oh ASUU y nw...we r stil enjoyin our break na
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by yungryce: 9:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
Call off ke! I tot dey said dey r ready 2 stay 3yrs. Me still dey skul o. I neva evn reach villa talk less of my papa house. Btw i got my future (3yrs) pretty plannd out
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by Sodiq3(m): 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
Abuklaw: you've started again,don't u like being pacified.or do u want me to rob salt in2 ur wound,why do u resort to reminding me that i'm a polytechnic student when u know i had never get it right with whoever thinks sumtin is superior ova anoda.get it into your skull today that academics excellence is not a matter of being a university alumni or polytechnic graduate it depends on the indidvidual who made him/herself distinct from his/her peers
SAY NO TO DICHOTOMY!
Proudly abusite!

1 Like

Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by lupey: 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
Saw this and thought to share it-on a light note grin grin grin

The 2009 ASUU strike that lasted
for 109 days brought out the best
and worst in d lives of many
students.
When students resumed, many
female students came with
ENGAGEMENT RINGS and
PROTRUDED BELLY.
After 9months, THOSE BELLIES
produced names like: ASUKA,
ASUBIKE, ASUFUNMI, ASULIMA,
ABISASU…
This year’s ASUU strike, I hope it
wont produce anotherwonder,e
specially now that the WEATHER is
favorable [cold tinz]. So, we won’t
get to see babies’ names like:
HARMATANASUU, ASUUSEYI,
MOJERE, ASUUGBEMI, ASUUTUNDE,
ASUUFIFEHANMI…a
nd so on…
Well,I trust my real male Geeswink
Happy Strike....ma people...
Lmao

If there are any errors ther,pls overlook 'em

1 Like

Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
biomedixexcel:
Who is this man now? I supposed to have graduated last year but am still here in school due to this sort of strike!
When did ASUU strike start &how did this 3wks old strike prevent you from graduating last year?

1 Like

Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by AmeLonRo(m): 9:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
datChelseaBoy: I know this topic will make the front page in the morning so make I book my space sharp sharp. I will come back and comment later. Please let me know when it does by liking this.

Now I can talk. My own be say this ASUU too dey give trouble. They've been on strike annually since 2001. It's either an increment in their salaries or an increment in their retirement age. Abeg make them go sit down and stop frustrating students for their selfish interests.

Rubish! Shey you don chop sha? grin grin grin
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by pato1(m): 10:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
na so u wan take b terry g or 2 face... Ur song no make brain oga
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by sylvestre01(m): 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
nawa o... why naa? currently on 6months internship, need this strike to be extended. The pay is good! wink
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by alexleo(m): 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
Promhize: This lecturers are part of Nigerias problem.
Bunch of lazy, wicked people. I tell you, among our leaders and these lecturers I don't know who is more heartless.
1. They are never satisfied
2. They take delight in failing students (you should visit OAU and attend a random lecture esp in English, geology, philosophy.
3. Some of them don't know shi.t, they crammed their way through school
The list is long, oh boy if u see where lecturer dey deduct mark, you fear for life of innocent students that are being ruined.
Kai, my eyes don see things
If my child will school in Nigeria, it won't be federal or state universities.

The way you small boys reason makes me wonder if your brains are working well. Have you taken time to know what ASUU is fighting for before you start insulting them? They are not just fighting for their pay but that govt should pump money into the universities so that your labs and libraries will be fully and better equiped, you have better accomodation facilities and convenient classroom block. Some of you hold classes under the tree and ASUU is saying govt should build more classrooms. Some of you are living outside the school and ASUU is saying build more hostels and renovate the existing ones to be convenient, improve power system in the campuses so that students will have light, sink enough boreholes so that students will not be having water problem. ASUU is querying why senators and other politicians are earning millions in a month while the university system is crumbling. They are querying why govt pumped trillions of naira to revive the banking sector and power sector but are reluctant to do that in the univeersities. Govt on their part seems to be pushing for an increased school fees for students in other to generate funds like the private universities but ASUU is resisting it because doing so will take university Education beyond the reach of the poor. If, for example, govt universities start charging five hundred thousand naira as school fees how many of you can afford it? ASUU is fighting for you people and you are here fooling around in ignorance. Rather than seek to be properly informed of what is at stake you boys will prefer stuffing your ears with earpiece and be listening to rap music on your phone like mumu. Next you come here and talk nonsense. I pity you people. Go and read the last statement governor Suswam made in the OP where he said that govt is working seriously to see how they ll improve the internally generated revenue of govt universities. Have you asked yourself what that statement means? How else will they increase the internally generated revenue of universities if not by first of all increasing your school fees before talking about other things? Keep talking like mumu until you are asked to pay an exhorbitant fees that you can't even pay. Next you drop out. Be wise and get well informed first before you comment on anything.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by swizz01(m): 10:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
A beg make em kal am off ooooooooooh
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by alexleo(m): 11:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
READ MORE ON ASUU MEETING WITH FG.

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, will meet on Monday with the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities to address earned allowance and general university funding for infrastructure development.
Governor Gabriel Suswam of Benue State disclosed this to newsmen on Friday in Abuja after a meeting of ASUU with members of the committee on the implementation of Needs Assessment Report to Nigerian Universities.
Suswan is the chairman of the committee, inaugurated earlier in the day by Anyim.
He said an agreement was reached on many of the issues under negotiation except the two concerning earned allowance and general university funding for infrastructure development.
Suswan explained that after many hours of deliberation, the meeting agreed on major issues except the two.
He said: “These are the outstanding issues.
“Otherwise, other issues have been agreed on and we believe that by next week we should be able to agree on all the issues and, probably, ASUU will call off the strike.”
He said that the committee would also meet with ASUU on August 1 to address the issue of infrastructure deficit in universities, adding that the meeting would involve all the agencies funding projects in the universities
He added: “If you go into our universities, you will agree with me that there are a lot of infrastructure deficit.
“So, we have agreed that all the funding agencies will meet with ASUU.”
He said the parties are expected to agree on modality for funding of the projects.
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by engrfcuksmtin(m): 11:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
alexleo:

The way you small boys reason makes me wonder if your brains are working well. Have you taken time to know what ASUU is fighting for before you start insulting them? They are not just fighting for their pay but that govt should pump money into the universities so that your labs and libraries will be fully and better equiped, you have better accomodation facilities and convenient classroom block. Some of you hold classes under the tree and ASUU is saying govt should build more classrooms. Some of you are living outside the school and ASUU is saying build more hostels and renovate the existing ones to be convenient, improve power system in the campuses so that students will have light, sink enough boreholes so that students will not be having water problem. ASUU is querying why senators and other politicians are earning millions in a month while the university system is crumbling. They are querying why govt pumped trillions of naira to revive the banking sector and power sector but are reluctant to do that in the univeersities. Govt on their part seems to be pushing for an increased school fees for students in other to generate funds like the private universities but ASUU is resisting it because doing so will take university Education beyond the reach of the poor. If, for example, govt universities start charging five hundred thousand naira as school fees how many of you can afford it? ASUU is fighting for you people and you are here fooling around in ignorance. Rather than seek to be properly informed of what is at stake you boys will prefer stuffing your ears with earpiece and be listening to rap music on your phone like mumu. Next you come here and talk nonsense. I pity you people. Go and read the last statement governor Suswam made in the OP where he said that govt is working seriously to see how they ll improve the internally generated revenue of govt universities. Have you asked yourself what that statement means? How else will they increase the internally generated revenue of universities if not by first of all increasing your school fees before talking about other things? Keep talking like mumu until you are asked to pay an exhorbitant fees that you can't even pay. Next you drop out. Be wise and get well informed first before you comment on anything.
May God bless you abundantly and make your dreams come to reality in Jesus Name.
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by wizzyrichy(m): 11:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
Uniport students, I hail o. Missing ma unique u.p
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by Kunlexic(m): 12:06am On Jul 28, 2013
alexleo:

Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by Kunlexic(m): 12:09am On Jul 28, 2013
alexleo:

thanks sir,God bless u.But make dem call it off asap cos sme pple will 4get their matric no and put bb pin on top 4 head.
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 28, 2013
Am nt goin bk 4 exams...holiday vacation ought 2 have started
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by FAVBABS(m): 7:02am On Jul 28, 2013
I can't wait 2 see the meeting ends in a goodluck. Lord help us o o o
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by Greaaat: 7:11am On Jul 28, 2013
Red_Card: They should better call off d strike o. Imagine my Post UTME been postponed till further notice when some other schools are planning towards publishing admission lists. It's so frustrating.

Tasued?
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by amlos007(m): 7:52am On Jul 28, 2013
Jst can't wait to finish o,I rep eksu.
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by ignis: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2013
biomedixexcel:
Eyah, sorry but the strike also affected me back then in my university days.
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by killsmith(f): 8:35am On Jul 28, 2013
wizzyrichy: Uniport students, I hail o. Missing ma unique u.p
brother man....you are seen....
Re: ASUU May Call-off Strike Next Week by Adeflex: 8:59am On Jul 28, 2013
lolzzzz.on dis note, i rest my case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whizkids School Spotted In Port Harcourt (picture) / Adamu Dauda, From Rearing Cattle To A University Lecturer / How Bandits’ Threat Forced Abuja Students To Sit For 13 Exams In A Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.