Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:44 PM

How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? (7820 Views)

How Is The Light Situation In Your Area / Has The Power Situation Improved Since It Was Sold? / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by playahP(m): 12:37am On Jul 27, 2013
For the past three days we haven't had light!
I stay in isaac john strt, ikeja. (lagos)

We've been blowing gen for the past 3 days and I don't know how long we can keep up...

So how's the power situation in your area??

Is this blackout affecting only people in ikeja or is it nation wide?

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Mynd44: 1:09am On Jul 27, 2013
It is epileptic here but not a blackout
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by datChelseaBoy: 2:10am On Jul 27, 2013
Where I stay they always give excuses that their lines or whatever break down each time there is a downpour. So each time it rains we don't expect to see light for the next 24 hours.
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by lordizak(m): 6:45am On Jul 27, 2013
the worst I've seen in my lifetime.
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Mynd44: 6:59am On Jul 27, 2013
lordizak: the worst I've seen in my lifetime.
But not a blackout
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Tolexander: 7:56am On Jul 27, 2013
Thank you for the question!

As usual, before getting to 22nd of the month, the power is always worse than being epileptic. But from 22nd to 26th, the power is always stable and even close to 22hours per day just because they wanna distribute the bill on the 27th.
On the 27th of the month, there use to be power in the morning till around 9.00am just because they wanna disconnect the wire from the electric pole (dem no wan die of electrocution), then restore the power in the evening.
29th-30th of the month, no light in the day for them to check and disconnect any reconnection.
That is how the cycle continues for the whole year like menstrual cycle.

9 Likes

Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Toktee(m): 8:29am On Jul 27, 2013
Here in fadipe area of minna,niger state we don't see light only nepa bills when ask why there is no light for months and where they are reading the bills frum,they simply refers us to their office.
Revolution is going to start with nepa,mark my words,those guys are criminals

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Mynd44: 8:32am On Jul 27, 2013
Toktee: Here in fadipe area of minna,niger state we don't see light only nepa bills when ask why there is no light for months and whee they are reading the bills frum,they simply refers ue to their office.
And you will go to their office.........with some seriously mean looking youths and.........

Note: Vandalisation of property is illegal
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Adex097: 10:48am On Jul 27, 2013
They just brought the light now!!!
What a coincidence!!

Well its so so regular here in surulere.
Lasgidi....up #EKO ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY#
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Pelummy(f): 10:49am On Jul 27, 2013
it has been good smiley
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by iamswizz(m): 10:50am On Jul 27, 2013
24 hours in adams estate.. ikotun.
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by sanklose: 10:51am On Jul 27, 2013
@ ekiti our light is stable but is as weak as cigar lightgrin

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by ayusco85(m): 10:52am On Jul 27, 2013
Almost 24hrs in fed. Housing new ext. Goni gora, kaduna. If they tale it, it doesnt last more than 20 mins b4 dey bring it back
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by IAMBREEZY: 10:53am On Jul 27, 2013
I don't depend on phcn,i got my diesel gen working 24/7
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by WildChild00(m): 10:53am On Jul 27, 2013
24hours here for 1 week..
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Youngtekkey(m): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2013
I don't even know how to describe the light here dem just dey off and on am any how and any time they like am na 40 mins on and they will off it for 3 hours on it again for another 40 mins till the whole day whipe out
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 27, 2013
5 hours per month

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Adex097: 10:55am On Jul 27, 2013
IAMBREEZY: I don't depend on phcn,i got my diesel gen working 24/7
:- sorry
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by mkmyers45(m): 10:55am On Jul 27, 2013
24hours 365 days here in Maribor, Slovenia

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Temismith(f): 10:55am On Jul 27, 2013
Atleast, even if na for 6hours, dey dey give us light daily...... Akure
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by tommykiwi(m): 10:56am On Jul 27, 2013
playah P: For the past three days we haven't had light!
I stay in isaac john strt, ikeja. (lagos)

We've been blowing gen for the past 3 days and I don't know how long we can keep up...

So how's the power situation in your area??

Is this blackout affecting only people in ikeja or is it nation wide?
Na just 3 days U dey complain,pple dey 3months even yrs no lite for dere area,U just 3 days U dey talk...U for report to GEJ na
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by shewanna: 10:57am On Jul 27, 2013
Odikwa poor!
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Adex097: 10:58am On Jul 27, 2013
mkmyers45: 24hours 365 days here in Maribor, Slovenia
Congrats...here in naija I get my lil light and am free to go anywhere!
Can you beat that!.

5 Likes

Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by alaoeri: 10:58am On Jul 27, 2013
datChelseaBoy: Where I stay they always give excuses that their lines or whatever break down each time there is a downpour. So each time it rains we don't expect to see light for the next 24 hours.
They normally sundry the wires after a heavy downpour yeye ppl. And some mofos 'll be claiming they have 26hrs of uninterrupted power supply out of 24hrs in a day.
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by alphaconde(m): 10:59am On Jul 27, 2013
Am currently @ ujoelen ekpoma edo state, I get light like 18/24 if am lying may devil punish me.
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Ajibel(m): 11:00am On Jul 27, 2013
Iju-ishaga. No light in our street for 2weeks buh in neighboring streets they boast of atleast 6hrs of light per day embarassed and i just paid #5,000 nepa bill 3days ago cry

2 Likes

Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Willy4Willy: 11:02am On Jul 27, 2013
Toktee: Here in fadipe area of minna,niger state we don't see light only nepa bills when ask why there is no light for months and where they are reading the bills frum,they simply refers us to their office.
Revolution is going to start with nepa,mark my words,those guys are criminals
Northern Leaders rule and ruined this country for 45yrs, thank your God for Jonathan, he is making you see the light again

3 Likes

Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by CertifiedFreak(m): 11:03am On Jul 27, 2013
As in ehhhh........ Erratic and annoying
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by J0nyb0y(m): 11:03am On Jul 27, 2013
Fair for the past 1week.. (ikorodu). Atleast 8hrs a day and overnyt
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2013
In calabar here, since when the rains started like 4weeks ago, light has been a thing of the past undecided.we have lightonce in a very blue moon.
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Drpazienza: 11:07am On Jul 27, 2013
electricity suppy in my area has improved greatly ova d last 1 month.
Re: How's The Power Situation In Your Area?????? by Adex097: 11:09am On Jul 27, 2013
Tolexander: Thank you for the question!

As usual, before getting to 22nd of the month, the power is always worse than being epileptic. But from 22nd to 26th, the power is always stable and even close to 22hours per day just because they wanna distribute the bill on the 27th.
On the 27th of the month, there use to be power in the morning till around 9.00am just because they wanna disconnect the wire from the electric pole (dem no wan die of electrocution), then restore the power in the evening.
29th-30th of the month, no light in the day for them to check and disconnect any reconnection.
That is how the cycle continues for the whole year like menstrual cycle.
This one no be weather forecast o..na Electricity forecast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Latest Picture Of Portharcourt Sporting Complex / Demi Gods Hijack Abia PDP LGA Primaries / Police to probe Wike’s tapped phone (Audio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.