Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa (14408 Views)

Nigerians Living In Durban South Africa Vow To Fight Back, Battle Line Drawn / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African / 28-yr-old 'grandmother' Who Just Became A 'great-grandmother’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by HenryQuest(m): 4:57am On Jul 27, 2013
At 119 years old Johanna Mazibuko, who lives in small town south-west of Johannesburg, could be the world's oldest person.

Ms Mazibuko was born in 1894, according to her identity papers, and has outlived five of her seven children.

"God gave my life in abundance, plus a bonus. I am very old now," she told South Africa's Sowetan newspaper.

According to Guinness World Records, the oldest living person is Misao Okawa, from Japan, who is 115.

Ms Mazibuko shares her house in Klerksdorp, which is about 160km (100 miles) south-west of Johannesburg, with her 77-year-old son, Tseko Mazibuko, who is also a pensioner.

According to the Sowetan, Ms Mazibuko prides herself on still being able to make her bed every morning.

"I'm doing alright," she said.

Her ID book, issued in 1986, shows her date of birth as 11 May 1894, the Sowetan reports.

South Africa's home affairs ministry has not confirmed the authenticity of Ms Mazibuko's identity documents, but the AFP news agency says it has seen a copy of them.

Ms Mazibuko, the oldest of 10 siblings, reportedly cooks, dresses herself, does the laundry and watches television.

"She is able to move on her own but cannot stand for a long time. She gets dizzy," her son told the Sowetan.

Ms Mazibuko has lived through British colonialism, apartheid and the era of democracy led by Nelson Mandela, who was elected South Africa's president in 1994.

The oldest person recorded in history was Jeanne Calment from France who died 4 August 1997 aged 122.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23453597

http://212breakingnews..com/2013/07/worlds-oldest-person-found-in-south.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Brimmie(m): 5:34am On Jul 27, 2013
Am Sure We Have Someone Older In Nigeria Also.. Bt Most Of Ds Old Folks Cant Even Remember Wen They Were Born!

2 Likes

Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Leboska(m): 8:27am On Jul 27, 2013
Brimmie: Am Sure We Have Someone Older In Nigeria Also.. Bt Most Of Ds Old Folks Cant Even Remember Wen They Were Born!
or even a valid document to prove it.

1 Like

Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 27, 2013
This awesome. At that age she's still making her bed. I love that

1 Like

Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Horus(m): 9:25am On Jul 27, 2013

Johanna Nkukuthane Mazibuko 119 year of age

Born in 1894, according to the valid identity document
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Tolexander: 9:52am On Jul 27, 2013
Ai rin jina ni ko je ki a ri abuke okere(never been on a very long adventure is the main reason why one has yet seen a squirel with hunchback).

I believe there are older people than this on the Guiness book of record in the jungle of the developing countries but with no document to back their age.
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by HenryQuest(m): 10:12am On Jul 27, 2013
She don try wella. To be so fit at 119 years? Wow!
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by free2ryhme: 11:26am On Jul 27, 2013
ok oooo
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Kezifils(m): 11:26am On Jul 27, 2013
Everly, dia wil be someone older bt d question is, do u knw who? D price wuld go to dat person and woz age can be proven.
Outlived 5 of her children. Wow

1 Like

Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by free2ryhme: 11:27am On Jul 27, 2013
Tolexander: Ai rin jina ni ko je ki a ri abuke okere(never been on a very long adventure is the main reason why one has yet seen a squirel with hunchback).

I believe there are older people than this on the Guiness book of record in the jungle of the developing countries but with no document to back their age.

there is nothing wrong if they have invented their own form of documentation
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by sanklose: 11:32am On Jul 27, 2013
***rushes down from kaduna to ado-ekiti to fetch out baba labule*** he wuld be 127 nxt year ...make he atleast usefull to us atlast.

5 Likes

Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by myners007: 11:39am On Jul 27, 2013
na lie . obj and anenih real age near her own.

1 Like

Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Ajibel(m): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2013
Heard this on channels tv last night. I think she should be fed well and properly taken care of. She may prolly live 10-15 mur years wink
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Codedrock(m): 11:44am On Jul 27, 2013
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Tolexander: 11:52am On Jul 27, 2013
free2ryhme:

there is nothing wrong if they have invented their own form of documentation
am not talking about this modern age. Talking about those aged that are still living. How will they see a document that never existed when they were born only if they wanna carbon date them.
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by dasparrow: 11:54am On Jul 27, 2013
@Post

Eyah! May God bless mama and continue to keep her strong and provide for her. I just love the elderly.
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Adexchelsea19(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2013
Codedrock: Webmasters pls see: https://www.nairaland.com/1373775/please-me-out-buzzcity-account
D last time i visit home,i was told my gr8t grand moda is 140yrs...mak dem leave dis tin,no b where dem reach.
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
Lol but guys! The Department of Social Development said that they're going to do their own investigations to confirm if she really is the oldest person. So it's not confirmed proper for now
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
Nice..
Sexy old mama
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by ennysongs(m): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
Com northern part of 9ja com see pipo way fit born dis 1
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Libkid(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
Wishing her 50years more.if na 4 edo state by nw she wil be d head of witchcraft dept

2 Likes

Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by lawizle(m): 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
I have a patient aged 110years old,not skinny as this infact 3ppl have to carry her, reads bible with/without glasses..still sings and she still got some strength in her bones..
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
ennysongs: Com northern part of 9ja com see pipo way fit born dis 1
Yes the north rocks
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by free2ryhme: 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
Tolexander: am not talking about this modern age. Talking about those aged that are still living. How will they see a document that never existed when they were born only if they wanna carbon date them.

where did dis woman get her own from then undecided
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by RedCard1(m): 1:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
Brimmie: Am Sure We Have Someone Older In Nigeria Also.. Bt Most Of Ds Old Folks Cant Even Remember Wen They Were Born!
you are right. My old Uncle is well above 100 years but has no birth cert to prove it. His younger brother who is educated said he is nothing less than 125. Well, I wish this mama everything good. Just hope her children are not dying while she lives because I hate that.
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by henryphyol(m): 1:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
What does it take to make Guiness Book of record
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Omoteejoy: 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Who told u, come to my village u go see papa of 120 years of age still walking without third leg
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
Somewhere in this world my 39 year old neighbor is being buried.
Re: 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa by mediachirps(m): 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
so, what is she going to be offered? bury in the sky?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Storm Ecuador Television Studio Amid State Of Emergency / Which country on the African continent is most developed ? / Iran Captures Intruding US Drone Over Persian Gulf Waters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.