Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,772 members, 7,837,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Stinking Hypocrisy - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stinking Hypocrisy (2465 Views)

The Hypocrisy / Stinking Pussies: Women Learn Your Hygiene! / Facing The Hypocrisy Of Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stinking Hypocrisy by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
uche13: Its really so sad and we all need to change our orientation. I was sadly awakened to this truth about a month ago.

A neighbour's 10 year old son ran out of the house by 9am because the mum wanted to beat him. I later learnt that she beats him just too much and 2 days before, she beat him to the extent that he was bleeding. As he was running, she said "if you step out of that gate, don't ever come back". This child sadly believed.

In summary, I was out till past midnight because I had to join the search for those looking for him. With the mum crying hysterically and calling death to take her away. It was terrible. This boy was found the next day. Limping and with nothing in his stomach for 24 hours.

This was a sunday morning. I took him to my house, made breakfast and hot tea and later asked him questions. He said he trekked from morning till night just moving around. At night he found himself in mushin, saw the branch of his church, entererd and slept. I asked him if anybody interrogated him in the church and he said they only asked him where he is coming from and allowed him to sleep.

I was livid! How can? How couldn't an elder person there make enquires before letting a 10 year old sleep in church. Even if it is to call the pastor of the boy's branch who was aware of the situation cos they had to go search his church.

I couldn't go to church that day but told myself that taking care of him is practical christianity. We should practicalize what we are taught in the bible and show concern for others not included in our fold

I think people need to read their bibles PROPERLY - as in the parts where Jesus says love your neighbour and all that, i truly believe that many people think that spending 4 hours in church every sunday and giving their pastor money (my bad I mean God grin) that they are done, and that is enough.

I mean, i can give many examples of what I mean but i'm sure we all know of stories of "religious" people being the biggest hypocrites.

its sad - what people think is important.

(side topic - but i wish some of these celebrities would stop snapping pictures and sending to bloggers showing off their latest car, phone, champagne (people with real money don't really do this) and collectively set up a fund for widows and their children or something) if we wait for the nigerian government i think even our great grandchildren will still be waiting.

and another thing is life so cheap in nigeria that a woman can beat a child to death - has anger and frustration reached that level a human being doesn;t know when to stop
Re: Stinking Hypocrisy by EfemenaXY: 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2013
uche13: Its really so sad and we all need to change our orientation. I was sadly awakened to this truth about a month ago.

A neighbour's 10 year old son ran out of the house by 9am because the mum wanted to beat him. I later learnt that she beats him just too much and 2 days before, she beat him to the extent that he was bleeding. As he was running, she said "if you step out of that gate, don't ever come back". This child sadly believed.

In summary, I was out till past midnight because I had to join the search for those looking for him. With the mum crying hysterically and calling death to take her away. It was terrible. This boy was found the next day. Limping and with nothing in his stomach for 24 hours.

This was a sunday morning. I took him to my house, made breakfast and hot tea and later asked him questions. He said he trekked from morning till night just moving around. At night he found himself in mushin, saw the branch of his church, entererd and slept. I asked him if anybody interrogated him in the church and he said they only asked him where he is coming from and allowed him to sleep.

I was livid! How can? How couldn't an elder person there make enquires before letting a 10 year old sleep in church. Even if it is to call the pastor of the boy's branch who was aware of the situation cos they had to go search his church.

I couldn't go to church that day but told myself that taking care of him is practical christianity. We should practicalize what we are taught in the bible and show concern for others not included in our fold

I hope the f00lish woman learnt her lesson and also learnt how to curb her rage. What could a ten year old have done to deserve such beating to the extent that he bled? And the shrew calls herself a mother by drawing her own son's blood??

And if her husband raises his hands against her in beating to the point that she bleeds, mirroring the same treatment she met out to the child, she'll be the first to scream martial abuse / violence.

Mtcheew.

@Uche: Bless you for the kindness you showed that poor child.
Re: Stinking Hypocrisy by uche13: 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
@Cotton and Efe,

Don't mind her. So many people channel their frustrations towards beating their kids or in the case of a teacher, his or her students.

After crying to the extent of rolling on the group. Hyprocritism at its peak! When the child was found, a neighbour in front of the parents told him that neXt time he is about to be flogged he should run to his house and he is capabele of taking care oh him. This woman opened her mouth and said "take him oh, I'm tired sef". I was so angry.

Anyway, I made an imortant point tat day. People always say "leave me alone, afterall he is my child and not yours". I said clearly that from that day, I should never hear that child cry because she didn't look for him alone in the name of "my child". I was out till 12, at 6:30am I was out again and I missed a special service in church. We all suffered that day because a child doesn't belong to his parents alone.

Be concerned about kids. Help them cross the road. Ask questions. Pay their fare in the bus. They should sit in the middle of the bus or keke. Some of them can sleep off and fall sef.

We are just carried away in our little world where we act like we have the greatest challenges ever without thinking about others.

2 Likes

Re: Stinking Hypocrisy by biolabee(m): 10:44pm On Jul 27, 2013
Wow...... nice one uche
Thank God that child was spared from ritualists
Re: Stinking Hypocrisy by EfemenaXY: 11:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
uche13: @Cotton and Efe,

Don't mind her. So many people channel their frustrations towards beating their kids or in the case of a teacher, his or her students.

After crying to the extent of rolling on the group. Hyprocritism at its peak! When the child was found, a neighbour in front of the parents told him that neXt time he is about to be flogged he should run to his house and he is capabele of taking care oh him. This woman opened her mouth and said "take him oh, I'm tired sef". I was so angry.

Anyway, I made an imortant point tat day. People always say "leave me alone, afterall he is my child and not yours". I said clearly that from that day, I should never hear that child cry because she didn't look for him alone in the name of "my child". I was out till 12, at 6:30am I was out again and I missed a special service in church. We all suffered that day because a child doesn't belong to his parents alone.

Be concerned about kids. Help them cross the road. Ask questions. Pay their fare in the bus. They should sit in the middle of the bus or keke. Some of them can sleep off and fall sef.

We are just carried away in our little world where we act like we have the greatest challenges ever without thinking about others.

Spot on (again).

Posts like this rekindle my faith in human nature. You are indeed a true Christian, Uche. Bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Stinking Hypocrisy by sholay2011(m): 11:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
uche13: @Cotton and Efe,

Your post is really on point. I have been challenged now to be more altruistic. God help us all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Often Should I Visit My In-laws? / He Left No Will Before He Died. Now The Family Is N Fire / Children And Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.