Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? (15711 Views)

Gaming Showdown: PS3 Vs Wii Vs Xbox 360 Vs PC / Ps3 Vs. Xbox 360 Vs. Wii? / Ps3 Vs Xbox 360-- The Indisputable War (round 1-12 Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by trendytrendz: 8:45am On Aug 23, 2013
benalvino:

you dont even use psn... why? because you mode your ps and you mtn connection is like shit... no need to answer you on the other parts because you are clueless... you even contradict your self...
lool..do u need my psn id? CuRrently play fifa 13 and battlefield 3 online..xbox fans are just in denial, the xbox 360 launched november 2005 and ps3 a year after that, when the ps3 arrived, xbox360 had sold 10mill units already!!! Fastfoward in time..ps3 sales is at 77mil and x360 is 76mill lol..that's not counting all the broken 360s peeps had to replace cause of rrod! Like they say if ur going thru hell..keep goin..lol xbox 360 fans..sorry for ur predicament, I dint buy a game just to play halo and forza, shit compared to what ps3 offers me. Till u play the last of us..shut ur pie hole and go wait for the next halo cuz that's all u gon get
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2013
trendytrendz: lool..do u need my psn id? CuRrently play fifa 13 and battlefield 3 online..xbox fans are just in denial, the xbox 360 launched november 2005 and ps3 a year after that, when the ps3 arrived, xbox360 had sold 10mill units already!!! Fastfoward in time..ps3 sales is at 77mil and x360 is 76mill lol..that's not counting all the broken 360s peeps had to replace cause of rrod! Like they say if ur going thru hell..keep goin..lol xbox 360 fans..sorry for ur predicament, I dint buy a game just to play halo and forza, shit compared to what ps3 offers me. Till u play the last of us..shut ur pie hole and go wait for the next halo cuz that's all u gon get

you can use mtn to register for yahoo.. psn and pretty much every thing you want to register for... but playing online needs good and stable connection so stop lying... you have psn id i know.

lets say ps2 sold 140million and xbox original sold 40million and gamecube sold around 40million... xbox and gamecube = 80million and ps2 = 140million
now you see that the ps2 sold more than them combined... alot of cash for playstation.

then ps3 came and they lost all the market share they had... lets look. according to you xbox 360 76million ps3 77million and let me say nintendo wii 100million...

tell me who lost and who gained?
you are just another guy who dont reason.
xbox 360 = profit
nintendo wii = profit
ps3 = loss...

yes since the ps3 comes out sony has not made profit out of it... you are just another blind guy really. every one knows sony lost badly. as the advantage they had with the ps2 was gone and they never made profit till today since the ps3 comes out... this means the are using money from other business to support their playstation business...

before you start talking i have a ps3 as at this moment... and i dont use it.

and i dont buy halo, the last of us uncharted... i buy battle field, COD, Fifa, tekken, forza... I love games i compete with someone... i play with friends whether online or not... the last of us is a lonely game. you play alone which is boring.

am not an exclusive guy... video game is meant for fun and to have fun you dont have it alone... you have it with friends. just like i dont like watching football alone. i like go where people are.

from the way you are talking you dont even have the last of us... you just visit websites where white people talks about it and copy and paste here.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 2:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
benalvino:
sometimes i wonder if you think you know too much...
like i said in the post you replied... the ps3 is greater in paper i.e specs...
it is harder to code for its one of the weakness that will hinder its power... you get my point?
dev will spend that amount of time... as a matter of fact ps3 is not running xbox code. if it takes alot of time to get it working it means they take that amount of time to get it working... so dev are spending that amount of time if not the code wont work... am studying programming and i know what am talking about...
for example:
public status void main (string[]args){
private string ps3;
}

will take longer time to code than
public status void main string args
private string ps3

the codes below is same as the one ontop of it... but it doesnt have {} [] () and ;... missing only one will make it not work.

the ps3 is only hard to optimize which means to use its hardware meaning no matter how powerful it is if the hardware cant be used it is useless...
okay let's take into consideration the wii u. the wii u is obviously more powerful than the 360. oh but wait.... multiplatform work better on the 360 now than the wii u. maybe the wii u is only powerful on paper. if you're as smart as you claim, you should know the answer to that.

benalvino: another example is with how powerful it is the Xbox multitask and do processing better... why is that? because it has power but not built to fully used its power simple.
Processing better, really? do you even know what you're taking about. when it comes to processing power, the ps3 outweighs the 360. Sony stupidly wanted to slowly feed the devs the cells power from time to time with the wonder of discovery. They didn't take other extraneous variables into the equation.

benalvino: read my post again... your iphone and galaxy comparison still saying what am saying...
you said something is more powerful if it is easy to develop for. I used the iphone eg to show you that it isn't so. They aren't the same thing.

benalvino: sorry in real performance the 360 out performs the ps3... you just acting like you know too much. let me show you how.

ps games so do xbox
ps browse, xbox browse better...
ps no voice chat, xbox does it with breeze
ps no multitasking, xbox not a problem
ps slower, xbox faster.

that is what performance is... till the ps3 can do what the xbox can. it means xbox out performs it. simple.
besides no one can tell if the difference in graphics is so clear that one will have to say this looks better... I dont see the point talking about graphics. But are almost alike in that aspect. but that is not what performance is bro... performance goes beyond graphics.
Bolded part: Doesn't make it more powerful. that is my point. In terms of games they can be done. exclusives which have had more dev time prove this. Multiplatforms devs simply don't have the time.

Are we even talking about gaming anymore? in games the ps3 is equal to the 360. ps3 slower than xbox, in terms of what? don't say vague stuff, explain yourself. multitasking? if we take what you said into consideration, then the ps3 can multitask. The 360 just has more features. Voice chat is good and all but ms planned it along time. Sony didn't. Even the ps vita can do voice chat. Does that mean it more powerful than the ps3. Browsing is due to sony's horrible browser. sorry not it server like i said. Sorry about that. Me and you both know when it comes to software, sony isn't even in the same wavelength.
when it comes to the cpu, the ps3 has the edge, when it comes to the gpu the xbox 360 has the edge. so why do you think the performance is slightly better on the 360 most of the time? because the gpu plus the unified shader architecture is what's more important in terms of gaming. performance isn't all about graphic but graphics affect it the most. performance would be nerfed if you try to push too much graphical asserts on screen. hope that's clear.

benalvino: when you say better surfing and download have nothing to do with the hardware i wanted to stop discussing because you dont know what processing and rendering web page is... you dont know how multithreading works... let me leave you to stay with your confusion on this.
The irony. You are underestimating the power of the ps3 seriously. it disgusting. you only focused on one side, the hardware, which is perfectly capable (even the iphone can do that)you stated nothing of the software. plus when i said it had nothing to do with the hardware, i was speaking in a given context. i meant the hardware wasn't to blame.maybe you should stop discussing since you're trying so hard to be dumb. which i know you ain't. but i think i'm to blame too. my answer however was wrong.

benalvino: sony doesnt use server to surf the web... sorry about that... you really dont know what you are talking about... downloading update has to do with the way the processor handles multitasking aka threads.
yeah that first part is wrong. the second part, like i already said, is just one part of it,the ps3 processor is capable. updates however can be as a result of server issues. if you don't know that, then i'm sorry for you. hardwares are not the be all end all, softwares also count. a bad software can render a hardware useless (refer to ps3 os vs xbox 360 os)

benalvino: bolt analogy is good except you cant comprehend... let me help you again.
bolt says i am the fastest runner... yet he doesnt win a race except he wears nike sneakers made by his home company.... i.e sony said they have the most powerful system but they dont win multiplatform games in graphics and how it runs, except sony made the game their self. you get the point?
oh io get it, it's still a bad analogy. really. If the sony devs can actually do it, does that not mean it's capable of it? If usain bolt is faster with his hometown boots then he's faster. because that is his true form, his optimum level.

benalvino: whether you say true multitasking or fake... ps3 cant do both... xbox plays games and music same time... how is that not true multitasking?
the nokia c3 can do that. playing music and gaming at the same time is not true multiasking. besides the ps3 can play and download a demo at the same time (xbox can't do that). also it can play music and do other do other things, except play games. so yeah, it can multitask.

benalvino: sorry dude... sony GPU is not more powerful. go and check it again.
I..... NEVER..... SAID..... THAT.

benalvino: sony took their time doing the ps3 custom processor... doing what they dont know and brag it is powerful whereas it is very limited compared to xbox processor...
Now i know you dnt know what you;re talking about. teh cell limited compared to x360 processor? MY GOD! DUDE SHOULD WE STOP?

benalvino: it pales... you say some games not all... why it pales is because ps3 is said to be more powerful... but overall the xbox outperforms it... simple as that.
if i say some games, wouldn't that mean same for xbox 360? not all games run well on both console, albeit i'll agree more on the 360 than the ps3. pale is what a gtx 680, scratch that, gtx 8800, is compared to the 360 gpu. that is what pales is. you don't know what you're saying. admit it.

benalvino: your pros and cons side doesnt need my responds..
could it be because you have no comeback. was my argument that great. maybe i do know something afterall.

IT A SHAME THAT YOU KEEP SAYING I THINK I KNOW SO MUCH, WHEN YOU ARE THE ONE WHO HAD TO ANNOUNCE THAT YOU ARE LEARNING PROGRAMMING AND THE SORT. WRITING CODES THAT ARE IRRELEVANT TO YOUR POINT. I HAVE MADE SOME MISTAKES AND I'VE ACKNOWLEDGED THEM AND CORRECTED MYSELF. JUST LIKE YOU WAAY BACK IN THIS THREAD. SO IF YOU WANNA MAKE YOUR POINT INSTEAD OF ACCUSING PEOPLE OF THINGS, YOU SHOULD LEARN TO COME UP WITH BETTER AND CONVINCING ARGUMENTS. AND PLEASE LEARN TO CHILL. THEY ARE GAME CONSOLES, NOT YOUR GIRLFRIENDS.
PS: I DON'T THINK TOO MUCH. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
okay let's take into consideration the wii u. the wii u is obviously more powerful than the 360. oh but wait.... multiplatform work better on the 360 now than the wii u. maybe the wii u is only powerful on paper. if you're as smart as you claim, you should know the answer to that.

are you on weed? did i mention the wii u? the wii u should be competing with ps 4 and xbox one... it was release late last year not 8 to 10 years ago like xbox 360 and ps 3... really the way you think is very low.

Processing better, really? do you even know what you're taking about. when it comes to processing power, the ps3 outweighs the 360. Sony stupidly wanted to slowly feed the devs the cells power from time to time with the wonder of discovery. They didn't take other extraneous variables into the equation.
you are making your self look stupid. let me give you an example...
intel pentium 4 can run on 4.2ghz and intel core duo can run on 2.4ghz and intel i7 quadcore can run on 1ghz... guess which will have better processing and handles multitasking better?
i7... why? it was designed to handle task and it handles it without doing much work while the pentium 4 with 4ghz is high in speed but it doesnt handle multitasking well compared to even the core duo... why? it is because of the way they are designed... i7 runs multiple threads at once while pentium 4 runs only one easy as that...

you said something is more powerful if it is easy to develop for. I used the iphone eg to show you that it isn't so. They aren't the same thing.
again you dont know what optimization is... if you have a galaxy phone that is more powerful than the iphone but the iphone is faster more efficient handles processing better... it means the power of the galaxy is waste. simple. if you have power and your power cant be used completely then whats the point of saying you more powerful?

Bolded part: Doesn't make it more powerful. that is my point. In terms of games they can be done. exclusives which have had more dev time prove this. Multiplatforms devs simply don't have the time.

Are we even talking about gaming anymore? in games the ps3 is equal to the 360. ps3 slower than xbox, in terms of what? don't say vague stuff, explain yourself. multitasking? if we take what you said into consideration, then the ps3 can multitask. The 360 just has more features. Voice chat is good and all but ms planned it along time. Sony didn't. Even the ps vita can do voice chat. Does that mean it more powerful than the ps3. Browsing is due to sony's horrible browser. sorry not it server like i said. Sorry about that. Me and you both know when it comes to software, sony isn't even in the same wavelength.
when it comes to the cpu, the ps3 has the edge, when it comes to the gpu the xbox 360 has the edge. so why do you think the performance is slightly better on the 360 most of the time? because the gpu plus the unified shader architecture is what's more important in terms of gaming. performance isn't all about graphic but graphics affect it the most. performance would be nerfed if you try to push too much graphical asserts on screen. hope that's clear.

dude powerful is doing what your opponent cant do... setting the bars... you brag ps4 is more powerful yet it cant do simple things the less powerful xbox can do... you are just empty in the head... it is easy to full you. will you buy the ps3 because of what sony told you that it is more powerful or will you buy it because it does what others cant do... i am really ashamed on how you think.

multitasking is doing 2 things at the same time. stop lying the ps3 doesnt multitask... you dont know what multitasking is.
MS plan what? sony have one year to build the ps3 and they cant plan voice chat? are you crazy? My God... what stupid xcuse... if sony did not plan it is it my fault? then why argue that the ps3 is more powerful when you can easily say to your self that microsoft did not plan it to be more powerful than ps3... you are just making your self look stupid...

thank you when it comes to software sony is not on save wavelength... microsoft knows how softwares works with hardware more than sony... that is why they design good hardware that wont have problem while sony on the other hand dont know what they are doing.... same case for the ps4 and xbox one... xbox one has more features and runs 3 operating system at once while sony runs just one but uses almost 50% of its 8gig ram. again they dont understand how hardware and software works compared to microsoft. the browser is not the problem but it is the way the PS3 i mean the hardware not just the OS handles threading and rendering.

about performance and GPU i wont xplain my self again.

The irony. You are underestimating the power of the ps3 seriously. it disgusting. you only focused on one side, the hardware, which is perfectly capable (even the iphone can do that)you stated nothing of the software. plus when i said it had nothing to do with the hardware, i was speaking in a given context. i meant the hardware wasn't to blame.maybe you should stop discussing since you're trying so hard to be dumb. which i know you ain't. but i think i'm to blame too. my answer however was wrong.
I have a ps3 in my house as i am talking to you... if you want tell me how to pose with it. i will snap it and show you... if you want me to keep one leg on it and snap just to make sure it is me i will do it... and i live in scotland Uk. am not talking because am a fan... i am a gamer so i talk. when i want even more powerful machine i will build my own pc. can you install windows on nokia 3310? nope because it wasn't design to accept that... hardware built bad will limit the kind of software you right to it...

yeah that first part is wrong. the second part, like i already said, is just one part of it,the ps3 processor is capable. updates however can be as a result of server issues. if you don't know that, then i'm sorry for you. hardwares are not the be all end all, softwares also count. a bad software can render a hardware useless (refer to ps3 os vs xbox 360 os)
when you are downloading your processor process the data that is being downloaded... my internet speed is 15mega bites per second and not 400 kilo bites per second mtn gives... the playstation is bad at multitasking and threading simple. and a bad hardware can make it impossible to code for.

oh io get it, it's still a bad analogy. really. If the sony devs can actually do it, does that not mean it's capable of it? If usain bolt is faster with his hometown boots then he's faster. because that is his true form, his optimum level.
that is why i keep telling you overall the xbox outperforms the ps3...
DVD vs bluray ps3 wins
browsing xbox wins... etc. now make the comparison your self and tell me overall who wins... features and other things. stop making blind argument... bolt analogy is telling you that when competing the ps3 is only coming out when sony writes games for it which is in the end bad because the xbox shines no matter who is doing the writing.

ps3 cant multitask. lol you are talking about ps4... now watch xbox one. and tired of typing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp8ezNpL0-Q
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by trendytrendz: 9:51am On Aug 24, 2013
benalvino:

you can use mtn to register for yahoo.. psn and pretty much every thing you want to register for... but playing online needs good and stable connection so stop lying... you have psn id i know.

lets say ps2 sold 140million and xbox original sold 40million and gamecube sold around 40million... xbox and gamecube = 80million and ps2 = 140million
now you see that the ps2 sold more than them combined... alot of cash for playstation.

then ps3 came and they lost all the market share they had... lets look. according to you xbox 360 76million ps3 77million and let me say nintendo wii 100million...

tell me who lost and who gained?
you are just another guy who dont reason.
xbox 360 = profit
nintendo wii = profit
ps3 = loss...

yes since the ps3 comes out sony has not made profit out of it... you are just another blind guy really. every one knows sony lost badly. as the advantage they had with the ps2 was gone and they never made profit till today since the ps3 comes out... this means the are using money from other business to support their playstation business...

before you start talking i have a ps3 as at this moment... and i dont use it.

and i dont buy halo, the last of us uncharted... i buy battle field, COD, Fifa, tekken, forza... I love games i compete with someone... i play with friends whether online or not... the last of us is a lonely game. you play alone which is boring.

am not an exclusive guy... video game is meant for fun and to have fun you dont have it alone... you have it with friends. just like i dont like watching football alone. i like go where people are.

from the way you are talking you dont even have the last of us... you just visit websites where white people talks about it and copy and paste here.
claiming your smart..lol but not smart at all..just so you know ps3 became profitable as at 2009 when the slim version was introduced and price crashed to 300dolz and saying I read stuffs online is just a hilarious joke, I do imports especially tech stuffs so I get to play a lot with diffrent gadgets, I'm a techie as well as crazy game freak..so ur just lost,bought my first ps3 in 2007 at 85k when many people didn't even know what that shit was, been a ps fan ever since my playstation landed in 97!! I'm sure u were still playing sega then..funnny mayb u don't know the last of us has a competitive online aspect too and the games u say u play are sure crap..like wtf plays tekken?? Shit game..when we talking competitive fighters..we talking street fighter..ufc..marvel vs capcom..even mk is better and yes cod is pure trash..can't rememba were I trew my black ops cd. Before I forget, having a year headstart and ps3 still comes to surpass 360 in sales not counting the numerous resales because of rrod, my frnd went thru 3 xbox 360s before he gave up on the platform and presently..ps4 preorders alredy surpassin xbox one..let's compare 1 year after shall we?
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
trendytrendz: claiming your smart..lol but not smart at all..just so you know ps3 became profitable as at 2009 when the slim version was introduced and price crashed to 300dolz and saying I read stuffs online is just a hilarious joke, I do imports especially tech stuffs so I get to play a lot with diffrent gadgets, I'm a techie as well as crazy game freak..so ur just lost,bought my first ps3 in 2007 at 85k when many people didn't even know what that shit was, been a ps fan ever since my playstation landed in 97!! I'm sure u were still playing sega then..funnny mayb u don't know the last of us has a competitive online aspect too and the games u say u play are sure crap..like wtf plays tekken?? Shit game..when we talking competitive fighters..we talking street fighter..ufc..marvel vs capcom..even mk is better and yes cod is pure trash..can't rememba were I trew my black ops cd. Before I forget, having a year headstart and ps3 still comes to surpass 360 in sales not counting the numerous resales because of rrod, my frnd went thru 3 xbox 360s before he gave up on the platform and presently..ps4 preorders alredy surpassin xbox one..let's compare 1 year after shall we?

in 97 i was playing sega dreamcast you are right... i was also playing nintendo and i only played tekken on ps one... when the playstation 2 came out... that was by far sony's biggest market. they make all their cash from there.

and again you dont know how market works... sony was big with ps2... alot of customer, combine gamecube and original xbox they dont come close to what sony sold. sony was making so much money, then what happened? the xbox360 came out and sold alot. sony came a year later...
now if you get sense you for realize say ps2 had so much customers and ps3 lost alot of them... why will it take ps3 8 or 9 years to near xbox sales. and the ps3 is in more market for that matter... especially japan where xbox has no presence.
for having 140million ps2 or more they lost more than 60 million customers. while xbox that had 40million before gained around or more than 40million customers same with nintendo...

when you dont think you wont realize this... you say you are doing importing and you are this dumb to know how market works. i guess you are another fanboy... if you want i will show you my ps3 and disc just to show you am a gamer and not a fanboy who takes fanboy comment from the internet.

i dont play halo last of us uncharted etc... if i want to play games alone i get COD BF... you say COD is crap but it is the best selling game i hope you know that... people like it. and now the game to play is BF... especially online. last of us online is useless... i have not played it but it is useless...

you compare street fighter to tekken that proves you are not with sense... MK is good i play it too... I will be getting KI also... but street fighter and the toy camcom vs marvel... I dont play UFC or WWE... it is mean. I like playing with people and tekken is the best fighter game.

PS3 has never made profit for sony... in fact losses will be around 5billion dollars since it was released to date.

the YLOD that sony have you will need to buy new one... if you get RROD microsoft replace it and they never count it as sale. and once they replace it you are ok... it may never happen again. anyone who buys xbox after RROD will prove that he or she is stupid unless of course they got new one for free..

my frnd went thru 3 xbox 360s before he gave up on the platform and presently
^^ this you took from the internet... lol you see the famous fan boy talk that is all over the internet...
i will post one final post concerning you then i will let you get jobless of being a fan boy.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 12:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
@trendytrendz this is playstation 3 business till date

I have seen a couple of threads / posts and even articles claiming that the PS3 made one of the greatest comebacks and is a profitable business for Sony. I just had to clear this up.

It seems that a lot of people forgot or ignore the gigantic losses Sony reported earlier this gen, thanks to the PS3.

The financial year that ended March 2006, Sonys game division reported a 75 million USD operating income. Back then the PSP and PS2 were going really strong and were highly profitable. The operating income was down 80% just thanks to the R&grin for the PS3. So even before the PS3 was released it already had its impact on the gaming business.

The financial year ended March 2007, the gaming division reported a 1.97 billion USD loss. Again the PS2 and PSP were profitable back then, so the losses made by the PS3 easily surpass the 2.2 billion USD mark.

Link: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/2007/8ido180000018aei-att/SonyAR07-E.pdf

The next year, Sony reported a 1.24 billion USD loss. Again considering the PSP and the PS2, 1.5 billion USD loss just for the PS3 in this one year is an educated guess.

Link: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/2008/qfhh7c00000htn6x-att/SonyAR08-E.pdf

In the year that ended March 2009 the gaming division saw some improvements, but still reported a 591 million USD loss.

Link: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/8ido180000023g2o-att/SonyAR09-E.pdf

So before the the next financial year started, the PS3 already had a 4.3 billion USD loss to fight, not including R&grin! Sony merged the gaming business with the Vaio business and called it "Networked Products & Services". From this point on it gets complicated to guess the exact PS3 numbers. However the newly formed division reported a 888 million USD loss for its first year. This was the year when the new model launched and the PS3 saw a big price cut. This was the time when Sony decided to go after market share instead of profits. Tha vaio-business is way smaller than the Playstation business, so at the very least 500 million USD of those 888 million loss belong to the Playstation, mainly for the PS3. Let's be very conservative here and say the PS3 only lost 400 million USD.

Link: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/8ido18000003dkyy-att/8ido18000003dl0u.pdf

The year financial ending March 2011 was the very first year the PS3 actually made a profit! The new division posted a 428 million USD profit for the whole year. The Vita was not yet launched and the Vaio business was going strong according to the report. 300 million USD profit for the PS3 is an optimistic guess.

Link: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/report2011/SonyAR11-E.pdf

The next year sony decided to mix the division formed 2 years ago with all the other businesses for consumers (LCD, audio and video, gaming, tablets). Sony reported that this new division started with a breathtaking 2.8 billion USD loss. The report states that there were a lot of impacts that went bad for them (floods in Thailand and decreased sales of Playstation 3 hardware, digital cameras and and PCs). Let's be VERY optimistic and assume that the gaming division did not post a loss, even though the PSN outage cost them 171 million USD and is included in this report.

Link: http://venturebeat.com/2011/05/23/sonys-playstation-network-outage-costs-171m/
Link: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/2012/common/docs/EAR.pdf

For the FY 2013 the gaming division is back and called "Game". Here are the results we have so far:
Q1: 45 million USD loss
Q2: 29 million USD profit
Q3: 53 million USD profit.

= 37 million USD profit in the past 9 months.

So overall we are looking at a total loss of 4 billion USD for the PS3, not including R&grin and that is a very optimistic guess. With all the factors I chosed to ignore to show you that this is not biased in any way (R&grin, PSN Outage, Most of the PS2 / PSP profits) the actual number would be way higher. There are reports that the cell processor alone cost 400 million in R&grin, add BluRay, PSN etc. and you get the idea. So a 5-6 billion USD loss for the PS3 is very likely.

So the comeback of the PS3 never really happened. And it did not make any money yet and won't recoup the money at all. This is not spinning, no trolling just hard facts from the financial reports. This is why I don't get all these celebrations of Sony and the PS3. Imagine where the Xbox 360 or the Wii would be if Nintendo or MS were willing to take a 5 billion USD loss...
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by trendytrendz: 7:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
benalvino: @trendytrendz this is playstation 3 business till date

I have seen a couple of threads / posts and even articles claiming that the PS3 made one of the greatest comebacks and is a profitable business for Sony. I just had to clear this up.

It seems that a lot of people forgot or ignore the gigantic losses Sony reported earlier this gen, thanks to the PS3.

The financial year that ended March 2006, Sonys game division reported a 75 million USD operating income. Back then the PSP and PS2 were going really strong and were highly profitable. The operating income was down 80% just thanks to the R&grin for the PS3. So even before the PS3 was released it already had its impact on the gaming business.

The financial year ended March 2007, the gaming division reported a 1.97 billion USD loss. Again the PS2 and PSP were profitable back then, so the losses made by the PS3 easily surpass the 2.2 billion USD mark.

Link: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/2007/8ido180000018aei-att/SonyAR07-E.pdf

The next year, Sony reported a 1.24 billion USD loss. Again considering the PSP and the PS2, 1.5 billion USD loss just for the PS3 in this one year is an educated guess.

Link: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/2008/qfhh7c00000htn6x-att/SonyAR08-E.pdf

In the year that ended March 2009 the gaming division saw some improvements, but still reported a 591 million USD loss.

Link: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/8ido180000023g2o-att/SonyAR09-E.pdf

So before the the next financial year started, the PS3 already had a 4.3 billion USD loss to fight, not including R&grin! Sony merged the gaming business with the Vaio business and called it "Networked Products & Services". From this point on it gets complicated to guess the exact PS3 numbers. However the newly formed division reported a 888 million USD loss for its first year. This was the year when the new model launched and the PS3 saw a big price cut. This was the time when Sony decided to go after market share instead of profits. Tha vaio-business is way smaller than the Playstation business, so at the very least 500 million USD of those 888 million loss belong to the Playstation, mainly for the PS3. Let's be very conservative here and say the PS3 only lost 400 million USD.

Link: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/8ido18000003dkyy-att/8ido18000003dl0u.pdf

The year financial ending March 2011 was the very first year the PS3 actually made a profit! The new division posted a 428 million USD profit for the whole year. The Vita was not yet launched and the Vaio business was going strong according to the report. 300 million USD profit for the PS3 is an optimistic guess.

Link: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/report2011/SonyAR11-E.pdf

The next year sony decided to mix the division formed 2 years ago with all the other businesses for consumers (LCD, audio and video, gaming, tablets). Sony reported that this new division started with a breathtaking 2.8 billion USD loss. The report states that there were a lot of impacts that went bad for them (floods in Thailand and decreased sales of Playstation 3 hardware, digital cameras and and PCs). Let's be VERY optimistic and assume that the gaming division did not post a loss, even though the PSN outage cost them 171 million USD and is included in this report.

Link: http://venturebeat.com/2011/05/23/sonys-playstation-network-outage-costs-171m/
Link: http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/ar/2012/common/docs/EAR.pdf

For the FY 2013 the gaming division is back and called "Game". Here are the results we have so far:
Q1: 45 million USD loss
Q2: 29 million USD profit
Q3: 53 million USD profit.

= 37 million USD profit in the past 9 months.

So overall we are looking at a total loss of 4 billion USD for the PS3, not including R&grin and that is a very optimistic guess. With all the factors I chosed to ignore to show you that this is not biased in any way (R&grin, PSN Outage, Most of the PS2 / PSP profits) the actual number would be way higher. There are reports that the cell processor alone cost 400 million in R&grin, add BluRay, PSN etc. and you get the idea. So a 5-6 billion USD loss for the PS3 is very likely.

So the comeback of the PS3 never really happened. And it did not make any money yet and won't recoup the money at all. This is not spinning, no trolling just hard facts from the financial reports. This is why I don't get all these celebrations of Sony and the PS3. Imagine where the Xbox 360 or the Wii would be if Nintendo or MS were willing to take a 5 billion USD loss...
very very stupid analysis..let me point out to you..the only console that made profit at inception was nintendo wii..they made about 7 dollz on each console, xbox and ps3 goes a diffrent direction with marketing and pricing, sony nd ms chose to make loss on each console to gain market share and make back profit from software sales and licensing. If you know a bit about business then you should know about this marketing strategy, still sony made greater loss because of accrued expenses from research and development and you should know that sony has a firm hasn't posted a single profit since the 90's and early 2000's. The conglomerate is just too big and they partake in almost every single thing involving tech and just so u know..they just posted their first profit from the mobile division this year. Sony gaming division is not only inclusive of the ps3, they have the ps vita, the ps mobile, gaming laptops and all other ips and all this contributes to the loss but ps3 as a single entity became profitable after the introduction of the slim version. I won't educate you on business..read that up urslf but that's my line of study, for ps3 to mess up at launch and still come back strong to beat xbox 360 says something, and the install base is 77mil strong and has been on the market for only 7yrs..ps2 took 10yrs to reach that milestone..in 3yrs time let's come back and check stats. I'm not just a fan boy, I check facts, my first game was a super nintendo as at 95..and no need showing me your ps3..stick with ur xbox 360 and ur xbox one for next gen..hope ms sticks with one gaming policy as they seem to keep changing it all the time..now you no longer need kinect alwayz to game..its obvious ms is confused as a company..got my ps4 preordered already..expecting it november, its sleeker, more powerful and cheaper than the xbox one..shit have u seen the power brick of the xbox one?? I bet its heavier than the ps4 alone..in 6mnths..we'll see which console has sold more
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
trendytrendz: very very stupid analysis..let me point out to you..the only console that made profit at inception was nintendo wii..they made about 7 dollz on each console, xbox and ps3 goes a diffrent direction with marketing and pricing, sony nd ms chose to make loss on each console to gain market share and make back profit from software sales and licensing. If you know a bit about business then you should know about this marketing strategy, still sony made greater loss because of accrued expenses from research and development and you should know that sony has a firm hasn't posted a single profit since the 90's and early 2000's. The conglomerate is just too big and they partake in almost every single thing involving tech and just so u know..they just posted their first profit from the mobile division this year. Sony gaming division is not only inclusive of the ps3, they have the ps vita, the ps mobile, gaming laptops and all other ips and all this contributes to the loss but ps3 as a single entity became profitable after the introduction of the slim version. I won't educate you on business..read that up urslf but that's my line of study, for ps3 to mess up at launch and still come back strong to beat xbox 360 says something, and the install base is 77mil strong and has been on the market for only 7yrs..ps2 took 10yrs to reach that milestone..in 3yrs time let's come back and check stats. I'm not just a fan boy, I check facts, my first game was a super nintendo as at 95..and no need showing me your ps3..stick with ur xbox 360 and ur xbox one for next gen..hope ms sticks with one gaming policy as they seem to keep changing it all the time..now you no longer need kinect alwayz to game..its obvious ms is confused as a company..got my ps4 preordered already..expecting it november, its sleeker, more powerful and cheaper than the xbox one..shit have u seen the power brick of the xbox one?? I bet its heavier than the ps4 alone..in 6mnths..we'll see which console has sold more

^^^SMH
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
SO MUCH STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE IN YOUR REPLY. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE AN XBOX FAN BEING THIS IGNORANT ABOUT SO MANY THINGS. BUT LET ME SET YOUR STUPID SELF STRAIGHT.

benalvino:

are you on weed? did i mention the wii u? the wii u should be competing with ps 4 and xbox one... it was release late last year not 8 to 10 years ago like xbox 360 and ps 3... really the way you think is very low.
you don't know anything...this much is confirmed. interm of market, yes, but we are talking about hardware, and the wii u can't even begin to think to compete with the xbone and ps4. multiplatforms that appeared on both the wi u and the 360 have the 360 looking better (eg batman: AC). but ofcos, how would you know when you have you head up your ass.

benalvino: you are making your self look stupid. let me give you an example...
intel pentium 4 can run on 4.2ghz and intel core duo can run on 2.4ghz and intel i7 quadcore can run on 1ghz... guess which will have better processing and handles multitasking better?
i7... why? it was designed to handle task and it handles it without doing much work while the pentium 4 with 4ghz is high in speed but it doesnt handle multitasking well compared to even the core duo... why? it is because of the way they are designed... i7 runs multiple threads at once while pentium 4 runs only one easy as that...
using your example...in a program that is designed to make use of only a single core, the pentium 4 might thrive. if the i7 was maybe 2.4ghz then it would beat the pentium 4. the core 2 duo however would depend on which type it was. first generation, i dnt think so...the rest, sure. But even then, is this to dispute the cell? it is simply much more powerful than the cpu in the xbox 360. the cpu in the 360 is hardly doing anything difficult compared to what the cell does for the ps3. Don't be this ignorant. Your example bears no relevance. try again.

benalvino: again you dont know what optimization is... if you have a galaxy phone that is more powerful than the iphone but the iphone is faster more efficient handles processing better... it means the power of the galaxy is waste. simple. if you have power and your power cant be used completely then whats the point of saying you more powerful?
you claim i don't know what optimisation is yet repeat what i said. are you by any chance a retard sir? if the galaxy had an os that finally optimised it's hardware, wouldn't it far outperform the iphone 3gs?

benalvino: dude powerful is doing what your opponent cant do... setting the bars... you brag ps3 is more powerful yet it cant do simple things the less powerful xbox can do... you are just empty in the head... it is easy to fool you. will you buy the ps3 because of what sony told you that it is more powerful or will you buy it because it does what others cant do... i am really ashamed on how you think.
setting the bars? what bars are you talking about.
Bolded: And vice versa.(REFER TO MY NOTES ON THAT DOWN BELOW)

I buy the ps3 to play games. just like the 360. i don't care about power. every developer has said the ps3 is technically a little powerful than the 360, yet difficult to develop for. but with a little bit of more effort, it'll show (exclusives) i think it's safe to assume that i'll gladly listen to them than you who don't even know that real time rendering existed and assumed rendering on the console was as easy as you did on your pc at home.

benalvino: multitasking is doing 2 things at the same time. stop lying the ps3 doesnt multitask... you dont know what multitasking is.
Instead of parading your ignorance about like a fool, why don't you google it. brain dead. like I said the c3 can do play music and browse at the same time. That isn't true multitasking. Beside the ps3 can multitask.

benalvino: MS plan what? sony have one year to build the ps3 and they cant plan voice chat? are you crazy? My God... what stupid xcuse... if sony did not plan it is it my fault? then why argue that the ps3 is more powerful when you can easily say to your self that microsoft did not plan it to be more powerful than ps3... you are just making your self look stupid...
are you this foolish, 1 year to build? do you even know what you're talking about. nobody and i mean nobody can change anything drastically in their console 1 year before launch. party chat was restricted by ram(which was restricted mostly by structure and os footprint). In one year you expect them to what, change the ram structure to unified? Do you know how much that cost? They could have added more, but xdr is extremely expensive. Unless you wanted it to cost a 1000 dollars that wasn't an option. Party chat hardly makes the 360 more powerful you idiot. like I said the ps vita can do it too. doesn't make it more powerful.

benalvino: Thank you when it comes to software sony is not on save wavelength... microsoft knows how softwares works with hardware more than sony... that is why they design good hardware that wont have problem while sony on the other hand dont know what they are doing.... same case for the ps4 and xbox one... xbox one has more features and runs 3 operating system at once while sony runs just one but uses almost 50% of its 8gig ram. again they dont understand how hardware and software works compared to microsoft. the browser is not the problem but it is the way the PS3 i mean the hardware not just the OS handles threading and rendering.
Same case for ps4 and xbox one? So you have played both and have seen their perfomance? wow dear time traveller, please do tell us more of your wonderful journeys through space and time. okay,tell you what, take a pic and pose with it. Bloody idiot. this comment is'nt relevant to the discussion until they are both out and we can tell their perfomance.

Also, are you saying that THE CONSOLE THAT CAN RENDER UNCHARTED, KILLZONE AND GT5 in real time IS INCAPABLE OF RENDERING A WEBSITE? REALLY? AM I EVEN ARGUING WITH A KNOWLEDGEABLE PERSON? PLEASE STOP. JUST STOP.

benalvino: About performance and GPU i wont xplain my self again.
I wouldn't even have responded to it cos you seem lost really. you don't know what you doing.

benalvino: I have a ps3 in my house as i am talking to you... if you want tell me how to pose with it. i will snap it and show you... if you want me to keep one leg on it and snap just to make sure it is me i will do it... and i live in scotland Uk. am not talking because am a fan... i am a gamer so i talk.
The most illogical and useless post i have ever read. what has you being in uk got to do with you not being a fanboy, are these factors somehow related? Are all uk scotland gamers free from fanboyism now. let's say they were (lol) then you sir have been knighted the first ever fanboy to live in scotland uk. fool.

benalvino: when i want even more powerful machine i will build my own pc. can you install windows on nokia 3310? nope because it wasn't design to accept that... hardware built bad will limit the kind of software you write to it...
I know this is irrelevant but did you know that the first batch of ps3s could run the linux os. Just a thought. but this post is as irrelevant as my "linux on ps3" post.

benalvino: when you are downloading your processor process the data that is being downloaded
nobody is disputing that, what you seem not to understand is that the hardware is 100000% capable of this feat, so please don't bullshit me with that nonsense...

benalvino: my internet speed is 15mega bites per second and not 400 kilo bites per second mtn gives...
Anoda unecessary post that only purports to show off what you got. So childish. The playstation is bad at multitasking and threading simple. and a bad hardware can make it impossible to code for. [/quote] bad hardware? really the ps3 is anything but bad hardware. if you had said not flexible enough, i would have agreed. learn to choose your words. Bad at threading, compared to what? A core 2 duo later generation? sure, compared to the xbox 360 cpu? Please spare me this tripe.

benalvino: that is why i keep telling you overall the xbox outperforms the ps3...
DVD vs bluray ps3 wins
browsing xbox wins... etc. now make the comparison your self and tell me overall who wins... features and other things. stop making blind argument... bolt analogy is telling you that when competing the ps3 is only coming out when sony writes games for it which is in the end bad because the xbox shines no matter who is doing the writing.
We are still talking about games aren't we? I hardly play online games so the other features don't bother me. The music part i would have loved very much. However horrible browsing is really not a deal breaker. You have your tablet for that for christ sakes it a GAME console. If some multiplatforms have looked and performed better on the ps3, then you point is rendered null and void. If some multiplatforms and exclusive perform better on ps3, what does that tell you. Don't overlook what's infront of you. it is capable. a wii can never outperform the 360. this is a fact because the hardware is simply incapable. however, the ps3 has sometimes out performed the 360. Doesn't that mean nothing to you? Why do you keep throwing this fact out the window.

ps3 cant multitask. lol you are talking about ps4...[/quote]

if you used your ps3 more often, maybe you wouldn't be spewing this gabage.

it can so far as you're not playing online.

here is a vid to show part of the multitasking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt4Po2Vze_8

And a link too. this one even has it being playable after 50%. that's amazing. Don't you think.

http://blog.games.com/2013/05/23/the-last-of-us-played-while-download/

benalvino: now watch xbox one. and tired of typing.

What does this nonsense of a post hope to achieve, my ignorant friend? are you assuming I do not know of the xbone? You really have a disgusting behaviour.

I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO DEGRADE MYSELF TO YOUR LEVEL OF INSULTING NATURE BUT I GUESS THAT'S THE LANGUAGE YOU UNDERSTAND. YOU KNOW NOTHING AND SPEW SO MUCH GARBAGE. I THINK MAYBE WE SHOULD END THIS HERE BECAUSE AS OF NOW, I HAVE LEARNT NOTHING FROM YOU, WHICH IS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE OF THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD. GOOD DAY SIR
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by benalvino(m): 2:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
kimco: SO MUCH STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE IN YOUR REPLY. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE AN XBOX FAN BEING THIS IGNORANT ABOUT SO MANY THINGS. BUT LET ME SET YOUR STUPID SELF STRAIGHT.

you don't know anything...this much is confirmed. interm of market, yes, but we are talking about hardware, and the wii u can't even begin to think to compete with the xbone and ps4. multiplatforms that appeared on both the wi u and the 360 have the 360 looking better (eg batman: AC). but ofcos, how would you know when you have you head up your ass.

you are making your self look stupid. let me give you an example...
i7... why? it was designed to handle task and it handles it without doing much work while the pentium 4 with 4ghz is high in speed but it doesnt handle multitasking well compared to even the core duo... why? it is because of the way they are designed... i7 runs multiple threads at once while pentium 4 runs only one easy as that... using your example...in a program that is designed to make use of only a single core, the pentium 4 might thrive. if the i7 was maybe 2.4ghz then it would beat the pentium 4. the core 2 duo however would depend on which type it was. first generation, i dnt think so...the rest, sure.

again you dont know what optimization is... if you have a galaxy phone that is more powerful than the iphone but the iphone is faster more efficient handles processing better... it means the power of the galaxy is waste. simple. if you have power and your power cant be used completely then whats the point of saying you more powerful? you claim i don't know what optimisation is yet repeat what i said. are you by any chance a retard sir? if the galaxy had an os that finally optimised it's hardware, wouldn't it far outperform the iphone 3gs?

dude powerful is doing what your opponent cant do... setting the bars... you brag ps4 is more powerful yet it cant do simple things the less powerful xbox can do... you are just empty in the head... it is easy to fool you. will you buy the ps3 because of what sony told you that it is more powerful or will you buy it because it does what others cant do... i am really ashamed on how you think.
i buy the ps3 to play games. just like the 360. i don't care about power. every developer has said the ps3 is technically a little powerful than the 360, yet difficult to develop for. but with a little bit of more effort, it'll show (exclusives) i think it's safe to assume that i'll gladly listen to them than you who don't even know that real time rendering existed and assumed rendering on the console was as easy as you did on your pc at home.

multitasking is doing 2 things at the same time. stop lying the ps3 doesnt multitask... you dont know what multitasking is.
Instead of parading your ignorance about like a fool, why don't you google it. brain dead.

MS plan what? sony have one year to build the ps3 and they cant plan voice chat? are you crazy? My God... what stupid xcuse... if sony did not plan it is it my fault? then why argue that the ps3 is more powerful when you can easily say to your self that microsoft did not plan it to be more powerful than ps3... you are just making your self look stupid... are you this foolish, 1 year to build? do you even know what you're talking about. nobody and i mean nobody can change anything drastically in their console 1 year before launch. party chat was retricted by ram structure. in one year you expect them to what, change the ram structure to unified? they could have added more, but xdr is extremely expensive. unless you wanted it to cost a 1000 dollars that wasn't an option. party chat hardly makes the 360 more powerful you idiot. like i said the ps vita can do it too. doesn't make it more powerful.

thank you when it comes to software sony is not on save wavelength... microsoft knows how softwares works with hardware more than sony... that is why they design good hardware that wont have problem while sony on the other hand dont know what they are doing.... same case for the ps4 and xbox one... xbox one has more features and runs 3 operating system at once while sony runs just one but uses almost 50% of its 8gig ram. again they dont understand how hardware and software works compared to microsoft. the browser is not the problem but it is the way the PS3 i mean the hardware not just the OS handles threading and rendering. same case for ps4? so you have played both and have seen their perfomance, wow sir i've always wanted to see the new consoles. okay take a pic and pose with it. bloody idiot. and yet the remaining memory is still faster than that of the xbox one's. it bound to get better overtime. but we both know ms is better with these things. we want a gaming console not a pvr/ console. all the features are unecessary.
Are you saying that THE CONSOLE THAT CAN RENDER UNCHARTED, KILLZONE AND GT5 IS INCAPABLE OF RENDERING A WEBSITE? REALLY? AM I EVEN ARGUING WITH A KNOWLEDGEABLE PERSON? PLEASE STOP. JUST STOP.

about performance and GPU i wont xplain my self again. i wouldn't even have responded to it cos you seem lost really. you don't know what you doing.

I have a ps3 in my house as i am talking to you... if you want tell me how to pose with it. i will snap it and show you... if you want me to keep one leg on it and snap just to make sure it is me i will do it... and i live in scotland Uk. am not talking because am a fan... i am a gamer so i talk. the most illogical and useless post i have ever read. what has, you being in uk got to do with you not being a fanboy, are they somehow, related, are all uk scotland gamers free from fanboyism now. let's say they were (lol) then you sir have been knighted the first ever fanboy to live in scotland uk. fool.

when i want even more powerful machine i will build my own pc. can you install windows on nokia 3310? nope because it wasn't design to accept that... hardware built bad will limit the kind of software you write to it... I know this is irrelevant but did you know that the first batch of ps3s could run the linux os. Just a thought. but hey you're right. I'm mostly a pc gamer myself.

when you are downloading your processor process the data that is being downloaded nobody is disputing that, what you seem not to understand is that the hardware is 100000% capable of this feat, so please don't bullshit me with that nonsense... my internet speed is 15mega bites per second and not 400 kilo bites per second mtn gives...Anoda unecessary post that only purports to show off what you got. so childish. the playstation is bad at multitasking and threading simple. and a bad hardware can make it impossible to code for. bad hardware? really the ps3 is anything but bad hardware. if you had said not flexible enough, i would have agreed. learn to choose your words.

that is why i keep telling you overall the xbox outperforms the ps3...
DVD vs bluray ps3 wins
browsing xbox wins... etc. now make the comparison your self and tell me overall who wins... features and other things. stop making blind argument... bolt analogy is telling you that when competing the ps3 is only coming out when sony writes games for it which is in the end bad because the xbox shines no matter who is doing the writing. We are still talking about games aren't we? I hardly play online games so the other features don't bother me. The music part i would have loved very much. If some multiplatforms have looked and performed better on the ps3, then you point is rendered null and void. If some multiplatforms and exclusive perform better on ps3, what does that tell you. don't overlook what's infront of you.

ps3 cant multitask. lol you are talking about ps4... now watch xbox one. and tired of typing.

if you used your ps3 more often, maybe you wouldn't be spewing this gabage.

it can so far as you're not playing online.

here is a vid to show part of the multitasking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt4Po2Vze_8

And a link too. this one even has it being playable after 50%. that's amazing. Don't you think.

http://blog.games.com/2013/05/23/the-last-of-us-played-while-download/

I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO DEGRADE MYSELF TO YOUR LEVEL OF INSULTING NATURE BUT I GUESS THAT'S THE LANGUAGE YOU UNDERSTAND. YOU KNOW NOTHING AND SPEW SO MUCH GARBAGE. I THINK MAYBE WE SHOULD END THIS HERE BECAUSE AS OF NOW, I HAVE LEARNT NOTHING FROM YOU, WHICH IS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE OF THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD.

You just confirm you are a full. Wii was released to compete with ps3 n Xbox 360 in 2006... You are using there latest tech that they release last year to compete with ps3 n Xbox 360... You no get sense... If the hardware is a little bit higher than Xbox 360 or ps3 the technology is different hence it works differently... You be cow finally. I am done arguing with ignorant people.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 2:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
benalvino:

You just confirm you are a full. Wii was released to compete with ps3 n Xbox 360 in 2006... You are using there latest tech that they release last year to compete with ps3 n Xbox 360... You no get sense... If the hardware is a little bit higher than Xbox 360 or ps3 the technology is different hence it works differently... You be cow finally. I am done arguing with ignorant people.
YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FOOL I HAVE EVER SEEN. IN TERMS OF MARKET YES, IN TERMS OF HARDWARE. NEVER. DID YOU EVEN KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE WII HARDWARE IS THE SAME AS THE GAMECUBE WITH A SLIGHTLY OVERCLOCKED CPU? GUESS NOT. IGNORANT FOOL.

NINTENDO SINCE THE WII HASN'T COMPETED WITH THE CONSOLES FROM BOTH MS AND SONY. GO AND READ THE HARDWARE SPEC OF THE WII U, U IGNORAMUS. YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT. WITH IT SPECS IT CAN ONLY HOPE TO PERFORM SLIGHTLY BETTER THAN THE XBOX 360.

WAY TO AVOID MY OTHER POSTS THO.

PS: Don't even bother to reply. you don't know jack sh.i.t.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 2:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
benalvino:

^^^SMH
He just gave you a lecture on business and you're shaking your head? you're a sore loser seriously. stop shaking, cos you have no head atall.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by Edusouls(m): 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
The both consoles have very powerful hardware, xbox 360 is powered by fast triple core ibm processor and ps3 is powered by the powerful cell processor! It is just a matter of choice! The two consoles re 4 hardcore gamers..
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kismet22extreme(m): 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2016
unmask:
After you guys are thru arguing lemme know....well op the xbox360 is hackable and u can run your games from your hard disk without issues....I have got 75 games on my console...latest and series...if you need help on that holla....07061293303

pls i wanna buy xbox 360 already hacked one.how can i get across to you.and to knw if is it better than ps3?.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by 3KINGZ18: 7:53am On Aug 16, 2016
NellyGhenghen:
The Xbox 360 has slightly better graphics than the ps3, and Xbox live is better than the psn. but the ps3 has blue ray n better exclusives (i think... tho none beats halo 3 :p)and would never die on you if you buy a good console.

Ive got an xbox 360, havent had an problems. it jus depends on you.
nig*er what did i hear u say xbox having slightly better graphics than ps3.can u boast of xbox 360 games that have graphics lyk tlou or killzone.even your forza couldn't even match our gran turismo
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by unmask: 5:16am On Aug 23, 2016
kismet22extreme:

pls i wanna buy xbox 360 already hacked one.how can i get across to you.and to knw if is it better than ps3?.
you can chat me up on whatsapp
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by Lilthony6(m): 2:29am On Jun 28, 2017
3KINGZ18:
nig*er what did i hear u say xbox having slightly better graphics than ps3.can u boast of xbox 360 games that have graphics lyk tlou or killzone.even your forza couldn't even match our gran turismo

Hey yo! D fact is that xbox 360 graphics are better. Please stop advertising ur ignorance. Lemme jus save you. Go and research TERAFLOPX (TFLOPS). pls compare ps3 and xbox 360's tflops...then u will b enlightened properly
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 9:18am On Jun 28, 2017
Lilthony6:

Hey yo! D fact is that xbox 360 graphics are better. Please stop advertising ur ignorance. Lemme jus save you. Go and research TERAFLOPX (TFLOPS). pls compare ps3 and xbox 360's tflops...then u will b enlightened properly
Gflops you mean, both consoles do not exceed at most 250 gflops in terms of performance. And please don't reawaken this console war debate, it never ends.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by Lilthony6(m): 10:58am On Jun 28, 2017
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Gflops you mean, both consoles do not exceed at most 250 gflops in terms of performance. And please don't reawaken this console war debate, it never ends.

Actually, The 360 is much more better in d category
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2017
Lilthony6:

Actually, The 360 is much more better in d category
I agree.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by kimco(m): 10:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
memories
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by Hollavick: 5:50am On Apr 29, 2018
Well!! I think the latter
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by Tyblazee: 4:29pm On May 04, 2018
Us used Xbox360 for
Whatsapp number 08173734181
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by SavageMajor(m): 8:59am On May 06, 2018
Cracked smh
ILLEGAL gamer
sopoundz:
Hey I'd like 2 knw erry details regarding both games 4rm price, availability of Cracked consoles n CDs. Thnks

1 Like

Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by Cbaby: 8:11pm On May 15, 2018
From my personal experience, I would say PS3 cos of the exclusives. I bought Xbox 360 after owning and playing PS3 and I found it boring. I do plan to maximize it and use it now though I know I own a PS4. Honestly, I prefer Xbox 360 controller even with my small hands. Anyways buy a PS3. Only get Xbox if you want very cheap jailbroken games as you can hack all Xbox 360 consoles. Also, Xbox 360 is way cheaper. My Xbox 360 is jailbroken so I can copy my games to my hard drive and it would play faster. If you want to buy a PS3 and pay a minimum for games get jailbroken as the gameplay is smoother as you don't load from the Blu-Ray drive.

Anyways if you have anyone who lives in Jand or Yankee and can help you, you would be able to get cheap Xbox360 and ps3 games there. Esp the used ones as most people are clearing them out to make space for PS4/Xbox1/Switch.
Re: PS3 Vs Xbox360 Which Is Better? by harkinlaby77(m): 8:56am On May 18, 2018
have a xbox 360 for sale, i'm selling with 2wired pad, my price is 35k n its negotiable. Interested buyer should call me on 08149993926

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Popular Video Games Series That Will Literally Die In The Next Five Years / Computer Games To Try Out Before The Year Runs Out / EA To Remove All Russian Clubs & The National Team From FIFA 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 240
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.