Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? (24726 Views)

Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. / Is It Right For NYSC To Still Be Posting Corpers To The North? / A Must Read Story For Nysc Batches B14, C14 & A15 Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by SenatorJames(m): 10:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
Even though President, Senators, Honourables and Governors can afford their children more comfortable education in the overseas, but since its compulsory for all Nigerian graduate irrespective of where u studied to go for the mandatory one year service, I'm expecting to be seeing all this children to be posted to villages like myself to serve this same land all of us assume to be our father's land. I have been wondering for some time now to know if they go for NYSC it's only meant for the future job seekers or the act exempted them. Does any one meet a Governor's son in d orientation camp or your PPA. May be there is a special orientation camp in Aso rock villa and then posted to office of the president to serve. So Curious

4 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Shifiunited: 11:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
Can that be possible when they studied abroad?
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by urboy1: 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Yes..I served with a governor's daughter (dint no she was, till d last week of camp) and 2 senator kids (proud kids) in Kaduna 2010...

4 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by princesammmy: 11:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
dey go for camp but serve at home even On camp they Just go to snap pix

6 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by SenatorJames(m): 11:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
Shifiunited: Can that be possible when they studied abroad?

Yes. Its compulsory for all Nigerian graduate. There are always alot of Nigerians that studied abroad that will come for NYSC.

2 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by SenatorJames(m): 11:44pm On Jul 27, 2013
urboy1: Yes..I served with a governor's daughter (dint no she was, till d last week of camp) and 2 senator kids (proud kids) in Kaduna 2010...

were they also posted to any ppa to serve. If though u saw them on camp, that will be d end. Then is that how u did before u collected discharge certificate. Definitely NO!

2 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Gboliwe: 3:53am On Jul 28, 2013
Senator James:

were they also posted to any ppa to serve. If though u saw them on camp, that will be d end. Then is that how u did before u collected discharge certificate. Definitely NO!
it is not only the governor's and Senator's wards that abscond from NYSC. The greater majority are regular citizens

5 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by samuelkaykay(m): 6:33am On Jul 28, 2013
Yes,a Gov's son,who graduated from manchester university was my friend in camp,i discovered it just when he was posted to Govt House.very humble guy.

8 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by musiwa35: 6:56am On Jul 28, 2013
i learn how to speak different languages
NYSC an mai ban mamaki, Na kuskure waɗansu mutane

2 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by phapi(m): 7:50am On Jul 28, 2013
Yes they serve also, jst dt there PPA is always out of d hinterlands,they are posted to civic place cuz of d nature of d climate they skuld under..... Their PPA's corresponds wift their course of study nt d normal TEACHiNG every other copper does

MOD PLS FRONT PAGE....let make diz topic explode
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by justsayemma(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2013
They do,bt thier PPA is chosen by thier parents,in choice areas.this reminds me of wen post election violence started,n GEJ said in a very relaxed mood,dat d corpers dat lost thier lives r matyrs,i started wondering wether he would ve said same if his child was killed during service.

3 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 28, 2013
ehn ehn waz ur beeznest angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by seangy4konji: 10:06am On Jul 28, 2013
Yes they do serve...Was with a Governors daughter in Borno in 2010(but did not know till 4 days to end of camp).she never flaunted herself till d day i said if she did not buy a red label to d table,she wont sit jokingly then the money came out But after dat,there is nothing like PPA...ABUJA direct.
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by lifestyle1(m): 10:06am On Jul 28, 2013
Yes, I served! angry

just kidding o. grin

happy Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by kasillars(m): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2013
The truth is that most of them just come to camp to register their details only to go back home on the same day and come back when camp ends to collect their posting letter as if they will ever go to their PPA... Sad situation of our country cry

4 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by pek(m): 10:12am On Jul 28, 2013
who said NYSC is compulsory? you only need it when you are to work for government or a company! if, on the other hand you are going solo ie being your own boss, then why do you need it. also, if you are taking up a family business or company, you dont need it!

13 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Sheidymama: 10:15am On Jul 28, 2013
Ofkos,are u a learner?
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by datChelseaBoy: 10:16am On Jul 28, 2013
Yes, but only very few of them. Just about 10%
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by peterjero(m): 10:18am On Jul 28, 2013
A governors daughter was also in camp with us , also eating the camp food too humble girl she was posted to govt house hospital.

1 Like

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by instinctg(m): 10:19am On Jul 28, 2013
Yes they do serve but in most cases their involvements are all but routine rather than service to the country.
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 10:21am On Jul 28, 2013
Trust me, just 5 out of 100 of them serve. Its dat terrible.
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 28, 2013
Actually dey don't. After d nysc 1yr programme nysc will send deir certificate cos of security reasons. but d kids choose to go just to show off.
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Decryptor(m): 10:25am On Jul 28, 2013
@OP, what do you want to do with this information? I hope it's not want i think you want to do is what you want to do

2 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by CoolKizzy(m): 10:26am On Jul 28, 2013
Sanusi's son was in camp with us, too humble and social, never knew till we left camp. . . Abuja camp
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:28am On Jul 28, 2013
My sister served with Namadi Sambos daughter 2 years ago in Abuja camp....
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by dplomaticVal: 10:28am On Jul 28, 2013
urboy1: Yes..I served with a governor's daughter (dint no she was, till d last week of camp) and 2 senator kids (proud kids) in Kaduna 2010...

NA WASH. undecided It's either your wallowing in illusion or they brainwashed you to blv so. Govs wards enjoy sm sort of immunity so they dnt serv!

3 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:29am On Jul 28, 2013
Ask El-Rufai abeg!
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 28, 2013
Sad but true that all animals are equal but some are more equal than others. All are corps members but there are some that their service will be extended if they are found wanting but not so for all. Take it or leave it or ask NYSC officials. LONG LIVE NIGERIA!
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by 9ijaprince(m): 10:35am On Jul 28, 2013
Decryptor: @OP, what do you want to do with this information? I hope it's not want i think you want to do is what you want to do
y

Lol. What are you thinking?
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by eduson33(m): 10:39am On Jul 28, 2013
Am currently serving with PEJ at PH..
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Gwekzy: 10:43am On Jul 28, 2013
Dey Don't Sku in Naija Now....
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by lordnammy(m): 10:45am On Jul 28, 2013
I believe †ђξ go to camp to put their name I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ so called book O̶̷̊͡ƒ life, after the camp service have ended just like that. I was with one governor's son, he was given a special hostel unlike the conventional hostel and other preferential treatments was not far from him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No NYSC Mobilisation Soon - Director-General, Shuaibu / Corper Brutalized By The Police In Katsina, His Pastor Flogged (Photos) / Family Hides ‘missing’ Corps Member In Lagos – NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.