Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? (24731 Views)

Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. / Is It Right For NYSC To Still Be Posting Corpers To The North? / A Must Read Story For Nysc Batches B14, C14 & A15 Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Bright2(m): 6:01am On Jul 29, 2013
If you have served ofcause you don't need to ask this question,use your tongue & count your teeth! If an ordinary citizen could influence their service & decide on how to go about it how much more the son of the Governor or president? If those that work's offshore,school abroad can serve & work @ thesame time,tell me can one be present two places @ thesame time? Yes they do serve but they also decide on how to go about it. All na service.

2 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by ukandi1(m): 6:09am On Jul 29, 2013

author=Codedeben]
Musa Yar' adua
Are you ok now?
I served but seriously wish I never did or was able to influence it.
Nigerians could be very annoying. They'll gaze the hell out of you as if
you were the cause of their woes.
Arghhh so disgusting!!
It got to a stage I had to employ bodyguards and used a tinted vehicle
even against my dad's consent.
It was fun then though. I had access to the Camp director's chalet any
day anytime........

Gaskiya, Life is beautiful.

u be liar.. musa yar'adua no sabi u. your construction and choice of
words will make the Late General weep if u were his child. He doesn't
know u oh...

2 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by DeeMarathon(m): 7:08am On Jul 29, 2013
samuelkaykay: Yes,a Gov's son,who graduated from manchester university was my friend in camp,i discovered it just when he was posted to Govt House.very humble guy.
Posted To Gov't House Looool
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Michaelmogu(m): 7:43am On Jul 29, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] I dated a senators daughter in camp but never knew her background until d day we passed out. I still wonder how these folks manage to keep their identity hidden. Although she spent money like hell and can feed a whole platoon without bating an eyelid. It was after the POP that ai understood why d Camp commandant and all senior officials of Nysc were falling heads on ice for dis babe even though she aint beautiful and very thick lipped. Lol.
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by mcmaurice20(m): 7:54am On Jul 29, 2013
They serve,but they wil not tell cos of the orientation they received ahome...they come first day of camping and last day to pick their ppa to choice places
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by penny01502: 7:55am On Jul 29, 2013
musiwa35: i learn how to speak different languages
NYSC an mai ban mamaki, Na kuskure waɗansu mutane
which 1 come be ur own, big mugu
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Meox: 8:12am On Jul 29, 2013
Senator James: Even though President, Senators, Honourables and Governors can afford their children more comfortable education in the overseas, but since its compulsory for all Nigerian graduate irrespective of where u studied to go for the mandatory one year service, I'm expecting to be seeing all this children to be posted to villages like myself to serve this same land all of us assume to be our father's land. I have been wondering for some time now to know if they go for NYSC it's only meant for the future job seekers or the act exempted them. Does any one meet a Governor's son in d orientation camp or your PPA. May be there is a special orientation camp in Aso rock villa and then posted to office of the president to serve. So Curious
yes i was with senator yerima's son in niger state camp batch B 2012 buh d funny thing is dat he was never posted to village.
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by urboy1: 8:32am On Jul 29, 2013
dplomaticVal:

NA WASH. undecided It's either your wallowing in illusion or they brainwashed you to blv so. Govs wards enjoy sm sort of immunity so they dnt serv!

Dude..saying i wallow in illusion and was brainwashed cos i stated the obvious is just shallow of you...
I repeat i served with a humble governor's daughter, she did everytin(wake up early, slept in the hostel and the rest) in camp and was/and still is a friend to my camp gf..There was also a Major Gen Son...He was sooooo humble...he participated in everrrry tin and like the governor daughter many people were shocked on the final day
The senators kids on the other hand, brought in a van and different types of SUV, which they turned to their make shift room where they actually slept. One even had the balls to slap a soldier..we had to sit outside for hours that nyt.
So like i stated they do serve in camp, do they have some sort of privileges in camp..yes..but it comes down to the individual.
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Codedeben: 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
ukandi1:

u be liar.. musa yar'adua no sabi u. your construction and choice of
words will make the Late General weep if u were his child. He doesn't
know u oh...
clap for yaself mazi. "Will" in a conditional statement when you would later use "were" in the same sentence. What happened to your "would" ?

Learn to identify pun-intended comments from every other comments. If you had a functional brain I wouldn't need to tell you that post was on a jocular level.
There's no need joining issues or insulting hysteric dunce like you.
And for the record I never told you I worked for a "construction" company.
You should concentrate more on improving your own grammar before tracking gbagaun in others.

1 Like

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by SailorXY: 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
urboy1:

Dude..saying i wallow in illusion and was brainwashed cos i stated the obvious is just shallow of you...
I repeat i served with a humble governor's daughter, she did everytin(wake up early, slept in the hostel and the rest) in camp and was/and still is a friend to my camp gf..There was also a Major Gen Son...He was sooooo humble...he participated in everrrry tin and like the governor daughter many people were shocked on the final day
The senators kids on the other hand, brought in a van and different types of SUV, which they turned to their make shift room where they actually slept. One even had the balls to slap a soldier..we had to sit outside for hours that nyt.
So like i stated they do serve in camp, do they have some sort of privileges in camp..yes..but it comes down to the individual.
Na wa ooo, if he get mind to slap soldier wey dey guard am in camp hmmm wetin he go get mind do his fellow corper then? SMH. Very spoilt brat indeed!
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by ukandi1(m): 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2013

author=Codedeben] clap
for yaself mazi. "Will" in a conditional statement when you would later
use "were" in the same sentence. What happened to your "would" ?

Learn to identify pun-intended comments from every other comments. If
you had a functional brain I wouldn't need to tell you that post was on a
jocular level.
And for the record I never told you I worked for a "construction"
company.
You should concentrate more on improving your own grammar before
tracking gbagaun in others.

yekparikpa... na me u finish like this..? i no go gree oh... i must
cry....
well so sad statements of fact are misinterpreted to mean conditional
statements. Nice to know i have found such a gud teacher in u. perhaps
my fluency and eloquence would greatly improve . thanks for the
reprimands and hmmmnnn let me say lecture. i no go vex oh.. no matter what u say here....
make we laugh na..
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by yat11: 6:26am On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by ukandi1(m): 7:55am On Aug 22, 2014
Codedeben: clap for yaself mazi. "Will" in a conditional statement when you would later use "were" in the same sentence. What happened to your "would" ?

Learn to identify pun-intended comments from every other comments. If you had a functional brain I wouldn't need to tell you that post was on a jocular level.
And for the record I never told you I worked for a "construction" company.
You should concentrate more on improving your own grammar before tracking gbagaun in others.

chai.... ! See finishing oh...
Na who send me ?
Dis bros don quench me ..
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Footlocker(m): 10:34am On Aug 22, 2014
Service is only useful for those who are considering a career in nigeria! As for children of politicians it would be political suicide for them not to serve after graduation! As they'd be hammering whatever political ambition there parents may nurture for them!
Not that it's some big deal! 2 baylsean senators wards were with me in camp! I knew them from before! The former PDP national chairman son only drove into camp straight to mammy to fill forms! Don't no much bout the other campers since I didn't stick around long but with the rate postings were saying PRESIDENCY. Hmm
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2014
SenatorJames: Even though President, Senators, Honourables and Governors can afford their children more comfortable education in the overseas, but since its compulsory for all Nigerian graduate irrespective of where u studied to go for the mandatory one year service, I'm expecting to be seeing all this children to be posted to villages like myself to serve this same land all of us assume to be our father's land. I have been wondering for some time now to know if they go for NYSC it's only meant for the future job seekers or the act exempted them. Does any one meet a Governor's son in d orientation camp or your PPA. May be there is a special orientation camp in Aso rock villa and then posted to office of the president to serve. So Curious

My Younger sister served with Namadi Sambos Daughter.

And apparently she was very well behaved and spent most times in Camp except for some weekends.

1 Like

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by SenatorJames(m): 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
Many of them do go for the three weeks camp, because its more or less an entertainment and fun
Okijajuju1:

My Younger sister served with Namadi Sambos Daughter.

And apparently she was very well behaved and spent most times in Camp except for some weekends.
But how many of them were later posted to the same village to serve their father's land after camp (which is the true service), teach, go for CDS and partake of all the activities as a normal citizen?
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
SenatorJames: Many of them do go for the three weeks camp, because its more or less an entertainment and funBut how many of them were later posted to the same village to serve their father's land after camp (which is the true service), teach, go for CDS and partake of all the activities as a normal citizen?

Now that is a different kettle of fish..

If I am the president, I wouldn't allow my kid go serve in a remote village.

Reason: I am a high security target for evil men and they may use my child to get to me,

Even the SSS would not allow my child serve in a location where they can't properly secure them.

It's not the fault of the kids. They are not normal citizens unfortunately.

3 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by SenatorJames(m): 6:49am On Aug 24, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Now that is a different kettle of fish..

If I am the president, I wouldn't allow my kid go serve in a remote village.

Reason: I am a high security target for evil men and they may use my child to get to me,

Even the SSS would not allow my child serve in a location where they can't properly secure them.

It's not the fault of the kids. They are not normal citizens unfortunately.
But we had seen in the past, children of public figures that attended government schools without any special security attechments, example is Dapo Lam Adesina (son of the former governor of Oyo state) that attended Polytechnic Ibadan, when his father was still a serving governor. He partook in all school activities for you to know how free he was then. You will agree with me that someone like that may not have problem living among people, but that did not mean he can't influence it to his place of choice.

I dont really mean serving in a village, but dont you think posting a president's child to a government house as PPA is like just to fulfil all rigtheouness, i'm sure he/she will not partake in all activities like CDS and the rest effectively. Good morning.
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:27am On Aug 24, 2014
SenatorJames: But we had seen in the past, children of public figures that attended government schools without any special security attechments, example is Dapo Lam Adesina (son of the former governor of Oyo state) that attended Polytechnic Ibadan, when his father was still a serving governor. He partook in all school activities for you to know how free he was then. You will agree with me that someone like that may not have problem living among people, but that did not mean he can't influence it to his place of choice.

I dont really mean serving in a village, but dont you think posting a president's child to a government house as PPA is like just to fulfil all rigtheouness, i'm sure he/she will not partake in all activities like CDS and the rest effectively. Good morning.

Well.. What era was this?

How volatile was our polity then?

You need to factor in the time change we live in o! If a presidents uncle could be kidnapped.... Their kids are also fair game.

Good Morning to you too sir.

2 Likes

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by lertee(f): 11:04am On Aug 24, 2014
Abuja and Nasarawwa camps house most of them.
Not only them but most kids that school abroad.

1 Like

Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by fragrant(f): 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hu do U guys tink stated d compulsory teachin wasn't it GEJ
yat11:
Supported
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by ZainabOO(f): 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
They serve. Most of them do but they never talk about it. I know a quite handful number of them...
Re: Do Children Of President And Governors Go For NYSC? by tck2000(m): 10:48am On Jun 07, 2019
No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corper Brutalized By The Police In Katsina, His Pastor Flogged (Photos) / Family Hides ‘missing’ Corps Member In Lagos – NYSC / NYSC Orientation Camp: List Of Things You Must Not Forget To Take With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.