Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,469 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. (1100 Views)

How Famous Nigerian Pastors Met And Wooed Their Wives / Wives Of Pastors Urged To Satisfy Husbands In Bed / 7 Year Old Girl Brings Warnings From Jesus To Top Nigeria Pastors & Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by segyemaro(m): 7:37am On Jul 28, 2013
I was in Jos on official assignment, when it was Sunday I decided to look for a church to worship, I came across this very big billboard of a ministry with the pastor and his wife posed on it, so I decided to worship there, when I entered I discovered that the place was empty, the ushers quickly welcomed me like a VIP. I was not comfortable, I counted those of us that where in the church, we were just 24,including the pastor his wife and family. Those days Billboards are used to pass message, but now you will see a mighty billboard where the pastor and his wife will pose on more than half space of the billboard leaving just a little space for the church information. You don't used to see Jesus picture on billboards again, what you see now is a pastor and his heavily make up wife posing on it not minding whether their congregation is 4 members. I believe in go into the world and preach the word. Some will use their billboards to block junctions, that will now make it very difficult for you to see the oncoming vehicle when you are driving. Pls share your own thoughts here.
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by colossus2: 7:55am On Jul 28, 2013
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 28, 2013
My dear, i thought i was d only one observin d@ ooooo. Na ilorin own even tire me pass, U'll c more dan 3 big billboards in 1 street most xpecially taiwo rd nd unity.... smh.
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by Bigcake: 7:59am On Jul 28, 2013
Wat else? Endtime tings
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 28, 2013
Very soon they will include their children.
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by Henrypraise: 8:15am On Jul 28, 2013
Even d "big pastors" do it, whereas they say catholics worship Mary I wonder hu des churches worship by puttin up d pics of dia "Papa and Mama" in billboards and alters. HYPOCRITES.
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by annexes: 8:48am On Jul 28, 2013
I wonder what d family billboard convey. We seriously need to grow up in this country.
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by Tolexander: 8:58am On Jul 28, 2013
The message you later got when you entered into the church had already been displayed to you in the billboard.
The large space given to the pastor and wife on the billboard meant the church is occupied majorly by the family of the pastor and the little space for the info in the billboard meant the little remaining space in the church is reserved for the externals.

Bro, look before you leap!
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by segyemaro(m): 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
@tolaxander I should look before entering any church? Is it supposed to be so?
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by Tolexander: 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
segyemaro: @tolaxander I should look before entering any church? Is it supposed to be so?
sure!
That is the situation of things now!
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by charlsecy4(m): 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
segyemaro: when I entered I discovered that the place was empty, the ushers quickly welcomed me like a VIP. I was not comfortable, I counted those of us that where in the church, we were just 24.....

How many people would be in a church for it to be a real church?

segyemaro: You don't used to see Jesus picture on billboards again

Do you have real Jesus' pictures?
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by segyemaro(m): 8:09pm On Jul 28, 2013
There is supposed to be a good number of worshippers in a church, not bicos your former General Overseer spoke to you the way you don't like, you now decided to go and open your own ministry. And about the picture of Jesus, there is a particular picture that even a child born yesterday recognises as Jesus.
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by charlsecy4(m): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2013
segyemaro: There is supposed to be a good number of worshippers in a church, not bicos your former General Overseer spoke to you the way you don't like, you now decided to go and open your own ministry.

I am amazed at that remark.... Do you know what it means to build a church... It starts with one person! And how sure are you the person started a church in disobedience to the Overseer?

segyemaro: And about the picture of Jesus, there is a particular picture that even a child born yesterday recognises as Jesus.

Is that what should define the real pictures of Christ?

Did you know that the pictures said to be those of Jesus have kept changing from generation to generation, depending on the artists' imaginations? Years to come, artists will likely come up with "new facts" and redesign the face of Christ!!! There have been at least 6 different pictures said to be that of Christ over the years....
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by segyemaro(m): 6:51am On Jul 29, 2013
I am just hearing this from you, now can you paste your own picture of Jesus for us to see.
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by charlsecy4(m): 7:17am On Jul 29, 2013
segyemaro: There is supposed to be a good number of worshipers in a church

I am sure you know you just lied. At least 2 is enough. More importantly, GOD admires the obedience of their hearts, never their number. Do not be deceived by numbers.

segyemaro: I am just hearing this from you, now can you paste your own picture of Jesus for us to see.

I am happy you have become better informed now.

Most of the “portraits” of Jesus portray Him in a softened, quasi-romantic style as a handsome and winsome young man while, in fact, He “had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him” (Isaiah 53:2).

If it were important for us to know what He really did look like, Matthew, Peter and John, who spent three years with Him, would certainly be able to give us an accurate description, as would His own brother, Jude. Yet, these New Testament writers offer no details about His physical attributes. Does this not suggest that, inspired by the Holy Spirit, they did so in order to carefully avoid encouraging us to make any image of Him?

http://www.gotquestions.org/pictures-of-Jesus.html

I have told you that most of all those images you see said to be those of Christ depend on the artists' imagination..... Just continue to truthfully believe that Jesus Christ is your personal Saviour, and do the Will of the Father you will have eternal Life. Don't ever bother how Christ physically looked... Look upon His Spiritual Life and Mission as contained in the Gospel.
Re: Pastors And Their Wives On Billboard. by segyemaro(m): 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
You are amazing me

(1) (Reply)

Old Testament Stories In Sand / Satan And His Special Tool; Music / Why All Catholics Might Not Make Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.