Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? (11637 Views)

Why Do Girls Wear Tights? / Should Tall Girls Wear High Heels? / Why Do Nigerian Girls Wear Jeans Without Pants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by passnownow: 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
Headings like this one have some truth in them. Makeup serves plenty of purposes. Sometimes, it supplies females with a sense of confidence or attractiveness. The equipment of makeup can reveal signs of refinement or care toward one’s appearance, which is not altogether a negative thing. In fact, it seems like standard practice for women to wear makeup whenever they attend formal occasions like weddings, or even when they go to school. Wearing makeup does not make ladies stupid, nor does it make them shallow.

But, like all things, there comes a time when excess leads to error.This is especially true regarding younger females, as the time they spend improving their physical attributes could be spent enhancing their mental abilities. Instead of worrying about how their mascara might run when things get rough, they could be focusing on how they might solve a societal issue when the world gets tough.

Don’t get me wrong, ladies should worry about their appearance. I’m sure that, to some extent, we all do; even guy. But the problem with this is paramount within young females, as they are becoming brainwashed by society from the start to value aesthetics over actual knowledge. I don’t intend to utilise absolutes, as I’m sure this is not the case for every female everywhere in the world, but lately it feels like more people are fawning over looks as opposed to intelligence or morals. When we approach a little girl at a party, we don’t immediately comment on her intellect – rather, we compliment her clothing choices or her hairstyle.

When was the last time a teen female celebrity was praised because of her brains, and not her beauty? I can’t recall Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, or Miranda Cosgrove garnering good remarks from the media for their smarts. It’s not like these celebrities aren’t smart, or that they aren’t remarkably talented – rather, I feel like sophistication is taking a backseat to sexiness and prettiness and all things visually pleasing.

Maybe that wasn’t the best analogy, because it isn’t Mo’cheddah’s job to be smart. Her job, as an artist, is to sing. But in this day and age, when young girls are texting from the age of three and wearing makeup and high heels before secondary school, role models with real brains and strong characters are absolutely necessary. Females suffer from society’s expectations when they are placed on pedestals of aesthetic perfection, and they are hurt when discussions about books are eschewed in order to make room for improving their outfits.

Girls, let me tell you something. Good looks can reel a guy into your circle, no doubt about it. But only a cultivated mind, prepped for clear and informed communication, will keep him there.

Boys, Should girls wear makeup? Why or why not?

Girls, do you agree? Why or why not? https://www.passnownow.com/?p=posts&id=3372
Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by slimzz: 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
personally, i am not a makeup person. but having makeup is no big deal. the issue is having heavy one on or not knowing what type of makeup to use. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
It is a personal thing. Some young girls are not into make ups. The others can not do without it.
It is not something people should cast votes on. It is personal, your own choice. You can decide to, you can decide not to. But if you decide to wear make ups and be a fashion lover, remember not to break the number one rule of fashion.
#Don't look like a masquerade, colour riot is not good#
#don't dress silly, stu.pi.d and crazy and scary#
Surely, today isn't halloween.

2 Likes

Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by maskid(m): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
FIRST TO COMMENT ***dancing etighi on EKO bridge****
Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by amiskurie(m): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
as long as they don't stain my shirts!

1 Like

Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by miteolu(m): 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
Wear or Use make up
Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
maskid:

smdh. you need to upgrade ya service provider. whats it called the snail network grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
Yes please
Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by EllyBrainyTM: 3:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
maskid:

#Stone's Him Pure wate#wake up from your dream!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by mesther96(f): 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
cos mke up no get age restriction,infants do wear make up 2!
Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by EllyBrainyTM: 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
All Girls should not wear Make-up,if You are really beautifull dont apply Make-up,only a vaseline to the Lips will do and maybe little Powder,then brush Your Eye-brows wella,you are good to go and not those pancake.#my 5 pounds£#

3 Likes

Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by xynerise: 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
miteolu: Wear or Use make up
Antelope, wear make-up is correct.

@op. Anything that will make her look decent is ok

1 Like

Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by enobong18: 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
NO!

Why them the even wear makeup self?

-- start learning for the future?

--start applying things that would spoil their faces in the nearest future

Why self?

1 Like

Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by Codedrock(m): 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
(Didnt read the long story above.)
WHAT fuc*king question IS THIS? If teenagers are not to, then who are to?
Re: Should Teenage Girls Wear Makeup? by Hilzidea(m): 3:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
i'm nt really a make up person...bt why shud teenagers do make-up. If dey stat little a their early age it tends 2 bcom worse wen dey are adults...so why d make-up. if it wud b at all, let it b moderate nd descent.

Join me 4 an inspiring, informing, interesting nd life changing Youth Seminar.
THEME: Spirits controlling the youths of today.
DATE: 1st of August 2013
TIME: 11:00am prompt
VENUE: Christ Apostolic Church, Upper-Room Ministries, @ itele, oko RSO.
SPEAKER: Hilary Utuke
President/Founder
FIRMFoundation Team:::

Call dis numbas 4 more infos: 08131086098 or 08124331354.