Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? (26587 Views)

Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years / My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by HezronLorraine(m): 1:31am On Jul 31, 2013
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by HezronLorraine(m): 1:33am On Jul 31, 2013
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by HezronLorraine(m): 1:39am On Jul 31, 2013
masonkz: *peeps in, grabs mic*

Y'all are invited to my wedding. Promises to be more blissful than your normal weddings..

...And uhm..you just may see your best friend, brother or sister in attendance too grin

*drops microphone and walks out*
don't worry,we'll employ Peppy to do Aso Oke for your Agbada and I will go to Eko market to buy Aso Ebi.lolz.grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by HezronLorraine(m): 1:46am On Jul 31, 2013
elrony:

u wanna teleport ??...thank God for hot lead and desert eagle!!...P.S I sleep with ma hand on d trigger n I don't miss!!

watch it kiddo!!!
u two get a room.

Is it good nite or good morning thread.
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by HezronLorraine(m): 1:59am On Jul 31, 2013
flexshop: . Raised! Hmmmn, my hypothesis is coming together
fvcking snitch,I see where you are directing your opinion to.
I was putting it as many gay people are raised as normal everyday dudes you see all around.even some of the effeminate gays,their families don't even think they're.

I was never going to appease your assumption.I didn't mean Raised Gay.I was raised to live,think,act and be an Heterosexual,guess that part wasn't for me.

I await your final report when done with investigation.stay blessed.
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by ianq: 2:25am On Jul 31, 2013
manny4life:

Isn't your argument VERY convenient? You're so quick to call it EVIL, yet, but you ignore ALL the Bible regards as EVIL. Besides, the Bible said your salvation is your own race and not you and someone else, like I said, you ain't got to support them, but if I recall my Bible, the GREATEST TEACHING of our Lord Jesus Christ WAS LOVE, LOVE, LOVE and not passing quick judgement on what that persons redemption or validating if their existence is legitimate or not.

So yes I get your point just not buying into it.

You might wanna read The last book in The Bible all over again. True, God is love but I also know He's judge and I cannot say I'm ignorant of His criteria in escaping judgement when He is back as judge.
Question is-how much do I love myself and my brother? I hope it's enough to be all it takes(by His grace) to avoid The Lord's judgement eventually. In particular,1 Cor 6:9 makes it clear I'm kidding myself if I'm homosexual. If I truly loved my homosexual brother, i'd do my utmost to ensure he realizes it just isn't the way to go...I wouldn't even be indifferent to his folly. Otherwise, I don't love him;not really.
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Originalsly: 2:54am On Jul 31, 2013
@OP...You didn't share your thoughts so I wouldn't share mine and will answer hour question with a question...If your father divorces your mother and is getting married to a man will you attend the wedding?
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by manny4life(m): 3:01am On Jul 31, 2013
ianq:

You might wanna read The last book in The Bible all over again. True, God is love but I also know He's judge and I cannot say I'm ignorant of His criteria in escaping judgement when He is back as judge.
Question is-how much do I love myself and my brother? I hope it's enough to be all it takes(by His grace) to avoid The Lord's judgement eventually. In particular,1 Cor 6:9 makes it clear I'm kidding myself if I'm homosexual. If I truly loved my homosexual brother, i'd do my utmost to ensure he realizes it just isn't the way to go...I wouldn't even be indifferent to his folly. Otherwise, I don't love him;not really.

The last Book in the Bible is Revelations and YES, GOD is the FINAL JUDGE, however you forget that GOD said he's not a Methodist, no one knows the criteria of how God will judge on the last day, he just said you should live a good life, walk in his way, and observe his words... A righteous life.

As much as God commanded in 1 Cor 6:9, Jesus Christ emphasized about loving one another, even your enemies, let alone your own brother. Like I stated, LOVE is the greatest teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ, and when Jesus talked about love, he wasn't talking about preaching, he meant showing physical LOVE not emotional or sexual or physical attributes...So for you to ask if it's enough to avoid the Lord's Judgement,

Here is the Bible Chapter ---- THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT
28. One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'

31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

32 "Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33
To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."

34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.

Supported Chapters

Romans 13, 1- 14

Same 1 Cor 13 1-13

Finally, I had to post this

1 Peter 4, 1-10 --- Living for GOD

Verses
8: Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
9:Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling

So you see my brother, LOVE encompasses all things. I'm not judge but GOD made it evidently clear to love one another, without grumbling or murmuring... Live and let live, let GOD judge on the last day. Play your part and preach to your gay brother, help him out if he's in financial need, or if he's sick or whatever and leave the rest to GOD to judge.

1 Like

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by free2ryhme: 3:39am On Jul 31, 2013
peppy luv: ....(Nodding) now I see grin grin
O boy this guy wan open church o!na im u just dey here dey show ur talent.
Don't worry I wil be there for d opening ceremony but I will not gv offering grin grin.
church bizness gud o....gay pastor like u tongue tongue

Stop taking panadol for catholics,we are good the way we are! smiley[color=#990000][/color]

u must be high on your body odour undecided
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 31, 2013
Thunder will strike that my brother dead before the marriage
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by ReubenAbati: 6:09am On Jul 31, 2013
manny4life:

If you're gonna quote it, QUOTE IT ALL

Here
[b]
9 “‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.

10 “‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

11 “‘If a man has sexual relations with his father’s wife, he has dishonored his father. Both the man and the woman are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

12 “‘If a man has sexual relations with his daughter-in-law, both of them are to be put to death. What they have done is a perversion; their blood will be on their own heads.

13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

14 “‘If a man marries both a woman and her mother, it is wicked. Both he and they must be burned in the fire, so that no wickedness will be among you.

15 “‘If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he is to be put to death, and you must kill the animal.

16 “‘If a woman approaches an animal to have sexual relations with it, kill both the woman and the animal. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

17 “‘If a man marries his sister, the daughter of either his father or his mother, and they have sexual relations, it is a disgrace. They are to be publicly removed from their people. He has dishonored his sister and will be held responsible.

18 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people.[/b]

I "Liked" this! Brilliant!
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by ReubenAbati: 6:16am On Jul 31, 2013
Oshiano: Thunder will strike that my brother dead before the marriage

Just re-read the fvckery you wrote and ask you're self if you're okay.

Shallow minded hypocrites.
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by donclif: 6:40am On Jul 31, 2013
Dat is very digusting thing to say,God 4bid
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by CHIDONE: 6:45am On Jul 31, 2013
Billyonaire: Bisexual Lesbians - Yes (I've got stake in 3some): 100% Lesbians - No : Male Homos - No.

Seems you like lesbians
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 31, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: what makes you think he was for gay right? colonial era was more anti gay than now undecided undecided.
repent
Duh i meant the quote not what he stood for, obviously colonial era was anti-gay, i hate the act homosexuality to a passion but i would never suggest killig anyone over it, that,s more worse being a dictator, haven,t we africans suffered enough wars and predujice already.

1 Like

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by free2ryhme: 6:51am On Jul 31, 2013
If a man(woman) has intimate relations with a man(woman) as one does with a woman(man), both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by inosend: 7:13am On Jul 31, 2013
I will surely attend but only when i am certain I have my AK 47 well concealed in my suit and, with, at least , 2 extra magazine clips for maximum damage. NONSENSE! In fact I will even begin with the op.*looking left and right for op with gun fully cocked*
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 7:21am On Jul 31, 2013
ebelegirl: I would certainly attend such a wedding. In fact, I would rather attend the wedding of 400 homosexual couples than the wedding of 1 northern, religious (lol) brother trying to marry a ten year old child.

The irony of this topic is that most of the people commenting would not hesitate to attend the wedding of one of our murderdous, scheming, evil politicians. Mtchewwwwwwwwwwww
i believe we are trying to win the fight against that too.
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 31, 2013
The summary of it all is that the Bible and God permit murdering people as long they are Homosexuals, or woman pretending to be virgins, but states that one should not kill in the tenth commandment, but also states that the life is sacred and that no human should take a life when he cannot create one, and here i was thinking my Programming books contradicted itself. Sadly you all are not Christians, you are all vicious and murderous Catholics. I despise homosexuality but not enough to condemn or kill someone, and yet you complain about Boko Haram, its not hard to understand why Boko haram have such thinking. You are all the same except Boko Haram has the courage to take it to the next level, I guess Religion does give ground for hatred and murder with Justification. The atheist are more sane than you people.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 31, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: fvcking snitch,I see where you are directing your opinion to.
I was putting it as many gay people are raised as normal everyday dudes you see all around.even some of the effeminate gays,their families don't even think they're.

I was never going to appease your assumption.I didn't mean Raised Gay.I was raised to live,think,act and be an Heterosexual,guess that part wasn't for me.

I await your final report when done with investigation.stay blessed.
Ride on bro...ure too much...It's not our fault but no time 4 regrets n no time to listen to empty headed people...we are people...I don't wanna get married to a man many of us wouldn't get married to same sex...but let us be...stop Persecuting our kind..3 out of every 10 people are LGBTs..A Stunning 50m gay people live in Nigeria...It's our home..u can't massacre 50M people...so we are everywhere in the government..ur family..ur church..mosque..anywhere we're dere...So get a life n stop beefing Ourz...We didn't ask to b created this way...

1 Like

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by respectkings: 7:34am On Jul 31, 2013
[b][/b] embarassed YES ℓ̊ wil buf, ℓ̊ must come wit a small stick..hahaha
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by abenabisa: 7:34am On Jul 31, 2013
Photos: Miss University Nigeria 2013 contestants, who will you pick? see here >> http://www.iafrica.tv/?p=21022
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 31, 2013
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Defaramade(m): 7:41am On Jul 31, 2013
supervic: if dem go serve enuf food y nt
F.F.O
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 31, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: don't worry,we'll employ Peppy to do Aso Oke for your Agbada and I will go to Eko market to buy Aso Ebi.lolz.grin

Yes oooo grin cool

Pc guru bro, you're highly invited too wink

Trust me, it'll be like the wedding in Flavour's Ada Ada video, but better though. Hehe.

grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Rhemmymatician(m): 7:55am On Jul 31, 2013
jidegirl12: Attended one last Saturday. They are adopting right away.....Awesome kiss kiss
You didn't barf when they did the "you may kiss the bride...sorry groom...ooooh ...you may kiss yourselves?", who be who self for their arrangee
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 31, 2013
masonkz:

Yes oooo grin cool

Pc guru bro, you're highly invited too wink

Trust me, it'll be like the wedding in Flavou's Ada Ada video.

grin
Lol wetin concern me if two men dey marry na Jollof rice and chicken me wan eat.

1 Like

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Philipmems(m): 7:58am On Jul 31, 2013
Yes i can attend the stupidly absurd wedding with the PoPos so i can bundles screwed heads and asses to serve 14 long corrective years in solitary confinement...

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 31, 2013
pc guru:
Lol wetin concern me if two men dey marry na Jollof rice and chicken me wan eat.

Don't worry, I'll order from the best Iya Basira just for you alone at the high table, others can take back seats kiss grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by GeneviveHuby: 8:06am On Jul 31, 2013
You should have asked if one can live with one's gay brother, relative,whoever at the same house, knowing fully well, he/she is such in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by ianq: 8:11am On Jul 31, 2013
manny4life:

The last Book in the Bible is Revelations and YES, GOD is the FINAL JUDGE, however you forget that GOD said he's not a Methodist, no one knows the criteria of how God will judge on the last day, he just said you should live a good life, walk in his way, and observe his words... A righteous life.

As much as God commanded in 1 Cor 6:9, Jesus Christ emphasized about loving one another, even your enemies, let alone your own brother. Like I stated, LOVE is the greatest teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ, and when Jesus talked about love, he wasn't talking about preaching, he meant showing physical LOVE not emotional or sexual or physical attributes...So for you to ask if it's enough to avoid the Lord's Judgement,

Here is the Bible Chapter ---- THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT
28. One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

29 "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'

31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

32 "Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33
To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."

34 When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." And from then on no one dared ask him any more questions.

Supported Chapters

Romans 13, 1- 14

Same 1 Cor 13 1-13

Finally, I had to post this

1 Peter 4, 1-10 --- Living for GOD

Verses
8: Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
9:Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling

So you see my brother, LOVE encompasses all things. I'm not judge but GOD made it evidently clear to love one another, without grumbling or murmuring... Live and let live, let GOD judge on the last day. Play your part and preach to your gay brother, help him out if he's in financial need, or if he's sick or whatever and leave the rest to GOD to judge.

You seem,on the surface,to make a compelling case but have a contradictory remark in "...no one knows the criteria by which God will judge in the last day".That just doesn't convey to me, any meaning. Why would there be a judgement if there isn't a known, clearly defined body of rules/guidelines/criteria to begin with? Nay, we cannot claim ignorance of these things for it's all right there in the Bible and The Spirit testifies of them in our hearts.
Another remark that has me wondering at your overall meaning is, "Play your part and preach to your gay brother..." I understand that I am to do this and, if you did follow my previous explanation,that is exactly what i advocated doing when I said I would do my utmost in ensuring he came to the realization his homosexual inclination just isn't the way to go...unless, of course,you mean something entirely different on the content to be preached.
Are you a believer in The Word? Are you a married man? (I mean to a woman, of course) What would your stance be,if you had a son who said they are homosexual? Or your brother(assuming you aren't married) telling you he is aroused by men? Or your enemy...you find out he is gay? I'm assuming you do love each one of these people dearly; how would you react to their homosexuality? Live and let live?
Re: Can You Attend The Marriage Of A Gay Brother Or Relative? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 31, 2013
GeneviveHuby: You should have asked if on can live with one's gay brother, relative,whoever at the same house, knowing fully well, he/she is such in Nigeria?
Why not ? is there a problem with that ? That's his sexual orientation and that doesn't change the fact that we are brothers. I am quite aware that we live in a dynamic world, so things like this don't surprise me, i used to have deep hatred towards gays because everyone was bashing them so it felt cool for me to bash them, till i met one prior in our discussion i had no idea he was gay, he was cool, friendly and all, till i jokingly said i wanted to organize a babe for him, and he told me he was gay,i was shocked but a bit understanding because he was a smart dude and very reasonable guy. Since then my perception of homosexuals ave changed, besides i think homosexuals have every right to be as miserable as we straight people in relationships and marriages.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Husband Slapped Me Over An Argument / My Wife Demands N500 Before Sex, Man Tells Court / Heartwarming Video Of Daughter And Father Dancing At Her Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.