Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,030 members, 7,953,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:35 AM

Where And What Is The Best Paying Hospital Or Corporation For Doctors? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where And What Is The Best Paying Hospital Or Corporation For Doctors? (4953 Views)

Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. / Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? / Best Paying Company In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where And What Is The Best Paying Hospital Or Corporation For Doctors? by cooljade(f): 7:09pm On May 28, 2008
Dear Bloggers,

My brother is a medical doctor and presently doing his NYSC. He is really concerned about getting a job that amount to :

Hard Work + Good Pay = Satisfaction.

i'd appreciate your kind opinions on name of hospitals, parastatals, corporations and their take home packages.

thank you.
Re: Where And What Is The Best Paying Hospital Or Corporation For Doctors? by DanDare: 12:07pm On May 30, 2008
Your brother must be in dreamland if he thinks he can get that kind of a job!

1.the medical profession is not that lucrative anymore & its either

Hard work plus little pay equals dissatisfaction

little pay plus little work equals some satisfaction

Frankly,

it would be difficult to give you the breakdown for these orgs cus it depends on what ur bro wants to do

see https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-53713.32.html#msg2313821

but i will try to help

For residency program in federal hospitals he will be started on abt 130-150k/month

Private hospitals depends on negotiation

NGOs same, but if he gets into an international body he may hammer! (he will need a masters in public health)

My advice. . . let him decide what he wants to do post NYSC & start doing his research now!!!
Re: Where And What Is The Best Paying Hospital Or Corporation For Doctors? by cooljade(f): 2:05pm On May 31, 2008
Thanks a lot Dan Dare for being so bluntly honest. i appreciate your truthfulness about the medical situation in Nigeria. he actually considers doing a masters in public health and then try fitting into an international health organizations (which i know would be a tough one). he's right now serving in the NNPC Hospital.

i know some people talk about the military having a rather good package for doctors, do you have an idea what it is? also does it entail them travelling to war zones with the army?

thanks again and i still look forward to more opinions from you and other good hearts out there.
Re: Where And What Is The Best Paying Hospital Or Corporation For Doctors? by McDreamy: 10:30pm On May 31, 2008
NNPC is a good place, and i guess the pay must be good cant he look into being retained there?

the masters is a good idea, the little i know about the military i think he has to enlist/enter as an officer and go thru some training & basically work in the bases,may also go on field missions ie WARS!

that aint funny, i think the pay would be similar to that of ranking officers
Re: Where And What Is The Best Paying Hospital Or Corporation For Doctors? by cooljade(f): 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2008
@ Mcdreamy thanks dearie.

isn't it surprising how very little people know about the welfare of one of the most important professions in the world?

the NMA should call for a round table discussions on this. we need the doctors around and happy for a nation to be truly healthy.
Re: Where And What Is The Best Paying Hospital Or Corporation For Doctors? by Bizl4Rizl(m): 10:08am On Jun 03, 2008
the NMA has actually initiated proceedings on getting a standard pay structure for doctors but its only the federal institutions that heed them,they are not binding on the states & private orgs. thus those ones pay as they see fit,of cus that is hinged on how much they make.

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do All Day To Keep Myself Busy Since My Job Doesn't Do It? / Contact Us For Geotechnical Services ( Piling, Soil, Drilling) / Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.