Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,671 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

People Prefer Calling Our Pastors Mama An Papa, Why.. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / People Prefer Calling Our Pastors Mama An Papa, Why.. (878 Views)

On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets / Some of our pastors are indeed leading us to heaven / The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

People Prefer Calling Our Pastors Mama An Papa, Why.. by vallycan: 10:01am On Jul 31, 2013
Why do people prefer calling their pastors and wife papa an mama or daddy an mummy... Dis as been a controversial issues on my mind for quite some time now. People don't longer believe God's saying as it is written in the bible but they rather prefer to use the word my papa said i'll be heal an lo i am heal as they share this as testimony or the saying that goes if not for my papa that told me told me that i would not die today that means i would have been a dead man by now.. Thank you papa for ya words,.... an do you think God accept this.. I am not criticising, condemning, blaspheming but am only philosophising an stressing on the necessity of this fact....
Pls can someone give a concrete reasons for doing this for i think that by so doing this that our religious leaders are either mimicking or impersonating God.... Give reason an references from old to new testament bible thanx....
Re: People Prefer Calling Our Pastors Mama An Papa, Why.. by timothycel(m): 11:27am On Jul 31, 2013
Hi, we should not call a pastor papa or father etc.

Matthew 23:9-12 " 9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11 The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

Being the greatest among a congregation means that you should be careful what people address you ass so as not to find yourself competing with God.

I think your feelings are quite justified in terms of scripture where it is strictly forbidden to call someone papa or father etc.

Hope this helps
Re: People Prefer Calling Our Pastors Mama An Papa, Why.. by ChristKid1: 11:34am On Jul 31, 2013
Controversial on your mind ke ? Wait till papa of chosen start raining holy slaps your face .

cool

(1) (Reply)

Wofbi / How To Escape The Rain Of Fire That Is Soon To Fall Upon The Earth / Which Is The True Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.