Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? (5037 Views)

5 Unmentioned Miracles Of Jesus Christ / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Recardo(m): 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2010
The miracles of Christ in the Bible were immediate and there was no way he commanded his follower to claim a healing that did not occur, or start confessing a miracle and wait for it to happen until some of them painfully die. But why would these pastors be rejoicing and swaying the crowds after a miracle? Jesus told the healed ones never to sin no more and he went his way, he even commanded some to even keep it confidential. So what are we seeing nowadays?
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by mazaje(m): 8:08pm On Feb 17, 2010
Could it be that the stories about the miracles of Jesus were mere stories?
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by g1(m): 8:34pm On Feb 17, 2010
mazaje:

Could it be that the stories about the miracles of Jesus were mere stories?

TRIPLE GBAM!!! grin
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2010
You should have have asked your Pastor than making ridicle here.
There are laws governing healings and miracles.It does happen. Jesus was not exempt.

Jesus saw ten leapers pronounce them healed but no immediate effect until they have left him.

Luke 17:14-15
    And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. [15] And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,

Jesus  cursed a tree, yet no effect until a day after.

Mark 11:19-20
    And when even was come, he went out of the city.
    [20] And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

Jesus said Lazarus would not  die, but he died .

John 11:4
    When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.

Jesus once prayed for a blind man but the man didnt see well,

Mark 8:23-24
    And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. [24] And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

He had to pray for him allover again.

Mark 8:25
    After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.

There are principles involed in how speedy a miracle takes place, for some some things have to work in the background first,before showing Several things are involved.It is wrong to mock healing ministers If they dont have big miracles today it will get better tomorrowIt is not overnight .Jesus too had to grow in spiritual things.God reveal the power gradually.

John 5:20
For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

The result depends on certain principles are at work: How strong the anointing is, How strong the faith of the minister is. The faith of the individual is involved too. If people dont have strong faith , the minister may not be able to do much by his own faith alone.

Mark 6:3
    Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and And they were offended at him.   And he[b] could there do no mighty work[/b], save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.

It didnt say he didnt do mighty works but rather , "he could not do" lack of ability because of their umbelief, he must have tried but it didnt work.

Some time may be involved , a little delay in timing doesnt mean failure. You thank God for the little miracles you see pray for your pastor for a bigger one.
I saw on Emmanuel Tv how some people with leg ulcer were prayed for and the thing still look like its not bulging, but few days later ,the ulcer had dried. Thesame thing on loveworld, thesame in BennyHinn ministry.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by aletheia(m): 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2010
Cause most are frauds.
Joagbaje:

Jesus cursed a tree, yet no effect until a day after.

Mark 11:19-20
And when even was come, he went out of the city.
[20] And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

There are principles involed in how speedy a miracle takes place, for some some things have to work in the background first,before showing Several things are involved.It is wrong to mock healing ministers If they dont have big miracles today it will get better tomorrow. It is not overnight .Jesus too had to grow in spiritual things.God reveal the power gradually.

The bible shows that all the miracles whether by Jesus or the apostles were immediate. No delay. You allude to the fig tree as an example of delayed miracle. Sorry to disappoint you but this is written in scripture:

Mat 21:19-20 And seeing a fig tree by the wayside, he went to it and found nothing on it but only leaves. And he said to it, "May no fruit ever come from you again!" And the fig tree withered at once. When the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, "How did the fig tree wither at once?"

If you were honestly handling the word of truth, you would have referred not only to the incident as described in Mark but also in Matthew! It quite clear from the narrative that Mark describes the continuing amazement of the disciples the following morning at the withered tree while Matthew describes the event as it occurred. Once again you demonstrate your penchant to pick and choose and twist scriptures to buttress your erroneous doctrines.

I fear that as a "pastor", you are seriously misleading people. "Jesus too had to grow in spiritual things"?
What scripture says that? Are you now preaching that nonsense that some New Age people preach?

Do you understand this scripture?

John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And you are even calling the Lord Jesus a liar!

Joagbaje:

Jesus said Lazarus would not die, but he died .

Repent of your evil.

Mat 12:36-37 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 5:41am On Feb 18, 2010
@ aletheia
aletheia:

Cause most are frauds.
The bible shows that all the miracles whether by Jesus or the apostles were immediate. No delay. You allude to the fig tree as an example of delayed miracle. Sorry to disappoint you but this is written in scripture:

If you were honestly handling the word of truth, you would have referred not only to the incident as described in Mark but also in Matthew! It quite clear from the narrative that Mark describes the continuing amazement of the disciples the following morning at the withered tree while Matthew describes the event as it occurred. Once again you demonstrate your penchant to pick and choose and twist scriptures to buttress your erroneous doctrines.
I fear that as a "pastor", you are seriously misleading people. "Jesus too had to grow in spiritual things"?
What scripture says that? Are you now preaching that nonsense that some New Age people preach?
Do you understand this scripture?
And you are even calling the Lord Jesus a liar!
Repent of your evil.

I gave five references , you only commented on one.If you are sincere that I was wrong, you wouldn't be selective. The mattew account of the fig tree was not detailed it just gave a generic sumary which wasn't complete. Mattew account claim that Jesus rode donkey,jumped down from donkey and began to beat people in the temple , then cursed the tree on the way back. But Mark gave the details ; Jesus left Bethany to Jerusalem royaly on donkey, came down at the temple , inspected it and left to betany, the following day he left Bethany again for Jerusalem this time on foot , On the way he cursed the tree , went on his way to jerusalem , cleansed the temple , then the follwing morning when he passed the tree they observed it had dried. Mark gave us detailed account. The tree didn't dry instantly but of course the moment Jesus spoke, the tree died spiritually but the evidence didn't show until 24 hrs later. When a man of God pronounce healing by faith , the power of God goes into operation instantly likewise , it may show immeddiately , it may not . Faith is the evidence and not the sign. Jesus taught them the principle he used in verse 24 that when you pray believe it has taken place already and it shall come to pass, he recognised it hasn't physically come to pass yet.

Mark 11:24
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive [them], and ye shall have [them].

I know you try to sympathise for Jesus.I am not discrediting Jesus , he came as a man , he operated as man. He operated by faith as we are.

Heb 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.

He spoke by faith that Lazarus won't die, the guy died! But Jesus refused to give up , he refused to recognise death, he called him back alive! . We have instant miracles today and any one that is not instant we still rejoice and give thanks as well, as we appreciate God for the little ones , bigger ones will take place.

You as a medical practitional don't you people do guesswork? How many people have been wrongly diagnosed? How many have died? Killed by doctors in their guesswork? Can your lab test detect a demon. You have more faith in medicine than God just like Asa.

2Chron 16:13
In the thirty-ninth year of his reign, Asa got a foot disease that became progressively worse. Instead of asking the LORD for help, he went to doctors.13 Asa lay down in death with his ancestors.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by inedi: 5:52am On Feb 18, 2010
[size=16pt] WONDERFUL GBAM!!!![/size]
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 6:48am On Feb 18, 2010
Recardo:

But why would these pastors be rejoicing and swaying the crowds after a miracle? Jesus told the healed ones never to sin no more and he went his way, he even commanded some to even keep it confidential. So what are we seeing nowadays?

Jesus had his reasons why he told some not to tell anyone and that does Mot suggest he is against open testimonies over miracles . There were times he had expected people to testify like the mad man that was healed in Gadara.

Mark 5:19
Howbeit Jesus saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

Open testimony is to glorify God and show forth his praise, It is a show of gratitude . Jesus wants us to do it.It is a way of permanenting a miracle. When the ten leapers got healed Jesus was suprised only one came back, why? Because he expected all to come and express thanksgiving.

Luke17:15
And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,
And fell down on [his] face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where [are] the nine?

How come Jesus didn't tell him  "pls don't mention"  but rathere where are the rest? Open testimony is a spiritual thing , it permanents a miracle. The one that testified got what the others didn't get.

verse "19 "And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

The wholeness this man got was not given to the others .
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Enigma(m): 9:06am On Feb 18, 2010
Joagbaje:

I know you try to sympathise for Jesus.I am not discrediting Jesus , he came as a man , he operated as man. He operated by faith as we are.

Heb 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.

He spoke by faith that Lazarus won't die, the guy died! But Jesus refused to give up , he refused to recognise death, he called him back alive! . We have instant miracles today and any one that is not instant we still rejoice and give thanks as well, as we appreciate God for the little ones , bigger ones will take place.

This is the work of satan's deception through Word of Faith/Prosperity "gospel" theology. They deny the deity of Christ and reduce Him to the status of "a man who operated by faith"! This is the spirit of the antichrist of which the apostle Paul John wrote.

In fact this is one of the most serious heresies of the prosperity "gospel" and the word of faith movement.

I am begging and really imploring anyone who is being seduced by this WoF/prosperity "gospel" to FLEE and run a mile ----- they are in very very serious and real spiritual danger.

Here is a link to a short piece with a good summary of the WoF/prosperity "gospel" and some of its errors and heresies: http://www.gotquestions.org/Word-Faith.html

(I have posted this link elsewhere before but will keep posting it as necessary)
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Enigma(m): 9:19am On Feb 18, 2010
This matter is so important that I consider further clarification to be necessary and to highlight it in graphic terms. What these heretics are saying is this:

Before He died and rose again, Jesus was basically the same as and no greater than Chris Oyakhilome, Joagbaje or any other "christian" because all of them can do any thing BUT ONLY by faith.

The only concession they will make is that "Jesus had faith without measure"

If this is wrong let Joagbaje come and deny it or explain what they believe.

If I have expressed their belief correctly, then if this is not heresy I wonder what heresy is!!!
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by aletheia(m): 11:37am On Feb 18, 2010
@Joagbaje
Heb 4:12  For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

As I interact more and more with you on this forum, your heresies become more evident. In trying to defend your indefensible position, you spew more poison. My prayer is that none reading what you write is deceived.

Joagbaje:

@ aletheia
I gave five references , you only commented on one.If you are sincere that I was wrong, you wouldn't be selective. The mattew account of the fig tree was not detailed it just gave a generic sumary which wasn't complete.

I didn't bother with all the references because anyone with a modicum of understanding will see that the verses in no way indicate healing that took place days, weeks or months later. The Matthew account is quite clear as to the temporal progression of the fig tree withering but as usual you introduce conjecture, diversions and rabbit trails. We will not be distracted. Does the account in Matthew say the fig tree withered at once or not?

Mat 21:19-20  And seeing a fig tree by the wayside, he went to it and found nothing on it but only leaves. And he said to it, "May no fruit ever come from you again!" And the fig tree withered at once. When the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, "How did the fig tree wither at once?"

Joagbaje:

1. You are not discrediting Jesus. You don't believe in Him! Jesus operated as a man?
John 1:1-3  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

1 Jn 4:1-3  Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.

2. Concerning Lazarus what did Jesus say? Jesus was quite specific in his choice of words unlike you who like Humpty Dumpty in Alice in Wonderland, make a word mean whatever it you want it to mean!

Jn 11:4  When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.
Jn 11:11  These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
Jn 11:12  Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
Jn 11:13  Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
Jn 11:14  Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

But you said:
Joagbaje:
Jesus said Lazarus would not  die, but he died .
thereby implying that Jesus is a liar because the record shows that Lazarus died! The phrase This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby. shows that Jesus was saying the ultimate end of Lazarus sickness was not death but glorifying God. . .the point which you with your man-centered consistently miss.

Joagbaje:

You as a medical practitional don't you people do guesswork? How many people have been wrongly diagnosed? How many have died? Killed by doctors in their guesswork? Can your lab test detect a demon. You have more faith in medicine than God just like Asa.

Rubbish. Another red herring which you drag out. The point is that your testimony is suspect and I gave you three valid reasons why it was so. You diagnosed yourself as having malaria or are you saying you were possessed by the demon of malaria. Being a physician does not mean I do not have faith in Jesus, but faith doesn't mean I should not use what God has given (afterall a doctor wrote 2 books in the bible). So you tell your church members that doctors will kill them by guesswork in order to discourage them from going to hospital? Now I know why that pastor was so callous as to let his son die. Wolves - all of you. BTW the bible does not discourage taking medicine for illness, but a lot of cults do so, but then you belong to one.

Mark 2:17  When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

1 Tim 5:23  Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Enigma(m): 11:46am On Feb 18, 2010
aletheia:

1. You are not discrediting Jesus. You don't believe in Him! Jesus operated as a man?

You don't know how bad this Word of Faith/prosperity "gospel" really is --- and I had been holding back.

Their current living leader (after the death of Hagin snr), the most despicable Kenneth Copeland, has gone as far as saying any man could have died to save the sin of the world. Below is something he once said and has repeated in various ways a number of times:

“The Spirit of God spoke to me and He said, “Son, realize this. Now follow me in this and don’t let your tradition trip you up.” He said, “Think this way — a twice-born man whipped Satan in his own domain.” And I threw my Bible down… like that. I said, “What?” He said, “A born-again man defeated Satan, the firstborn of many brethren defeated him.” He said, “You are the very image, the very copy of that one.” I said, “Goodness, gracious sakes alive!” And I began to see what had gone on in there, and I said, “Well now you don’t mean, you couldn’t dare mean, that I could have done the same thing?” He said, “Oh yeah, if you’d had the knowledge of the Word of God that He did, you could have done the same thing, ’cause you’re a reborn man too.”
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Enigma(m): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2010
Kenneth Copeland in his own words including the quote above (thankfully we have Bible passages to contradict his heresies):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3yDODIkf5I

angry
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by aletheia(m): 12:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
Enigma:

You don't know how bad this Word of Faith/prosperity "gospel" really is --- and I had been holding back.

Their current living leader (after the death of Hagin snr), the most despicable Kenneth Copeland, has gone as far as saying any man could have died to save the sin of the world. Below is something he once said and has repeated in various ways a number of times:

I feel you. There are times I despair.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by nuella2(f): 12:07pm On Feb 18, 2010
What is wrong if you perform the immediate miracles or you dont believe in miracles? Since every christian is to perform miracles not only pastors. What are you guys waiting for?
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Zikkyy(m): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2010

“The Spirit of God spoke to me and He said, “Son, realize this. Now follow me in this and don’t let your tradition trip you up.” He said, “Think this way — a twice-born man whipped Satan in his own domain.” And I threw my Bible down… like that. I said, “What?” He said, “A born-again man defeated Satan, the firstborn of many brethren defeated him.” He said, “You are the very image, the very copy of that one.” I said, “Goodness, gracious sakes alive!” And I began to see what had gone on in there, and I said, “Well now you don’t mean, you couldn’t dare mean, that I could have done the same thing?” He said, “Oh yeah, if you’d had the knowledge of the Word of God that He did, you could have done the same thing, ’cause you’re a reborn man too.”

O[size=14pt]M[/size][size=18pt]G[/size]  shocked shocked
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by aletheia(m): 12:19pm On Feb 18, 2010
nuella2:

What is wrong if you perform the immediate miracles or you dont believe in miracles? Since every christian is to perform miracles not only pastors. What are you guys waiting for?

How many have you performed? And I mean real miracles not psychosomatic afflictions.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by nuella2(f): 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2010
aletheia:

How many have you performed? And I mean real miracles not psychosomatic afflictions.
I asked a question that deserve an ans, if you are a christian and you are angry about miracles that are not instanteneous, i ask how many have you performed? abi you are serving a different God?
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by ikhideman(m): 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ Aletheia & Poster

There's no need arguing my Heavenly Father's Words with you because they forever Settled in Heaven. But for the sake of those who might not be too sure, Check out John 4:47-53, in KJV it says the words: "began to amend" meaning the healing didn't happen instantly. Besides, there have been, there is & there will continue to be instant healings because Jesus gave us the authority and even declared that greater works we who are His would do because we believe (John 14:12).
The fact that you haven't witnessed one doesn't mean they don't still happen. In fact, I've witnessed an instant miracle were one of an elderly man's legs that was shorter than the other grew to become equal with the other one in Abuja.

The length of time it takes depends "most times" on the faith of the person; Mark 9:23 - "be it unto you according to your faith". Other times the faith of the Pastor can make it happen, but the person can only keep his healing by building up his faith.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Enigma(m): 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2010
ikhideman:

In fact, I've witnessed an instant miracle were one of an elderly man's legs that was shorter than the other grew to become equal with the other one in Abuja.

That is an old trick that any common magician can do; in fact even I can do it. If you google you might even be able to find out how it is done.

Edited See example:  http://www.symphonyofscripture.com/?p=332 and another http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=6937754ef7764fa1e11c
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by KunleOshob(m): 1:31pm On Feb 18, 2010
Enigma:

Examples like this is why we should start naming names and exposing these criminals  angry they are leading too many people to destruction with their false/evil teachings.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2010
ikhideman:

@ Aletheia & Poster

There's no need arguing my Heavenly Father's Words with you because they forever Settled in Heaven. But for the sake of those who might not be too sure, Check out John 4:47-53, in KJV it says the words: "began to amend" meaning the healing didn't happen instantly. Besides, there have been, there is & there will continue to be instant healings because Jesus gave us the authority and even declared that greater works we who are His would do because we believe (John 14:12).
The fact that you haven't witnessed one doesn't mean they don't still happen. In fact, I've witnessed an instant miracle were one of an elderly man's legs that was shorter than the other grew to become equal with the other one in Abuja.

The length of time it takes depends "most times" on the faith of the person; Mark 9:23 - "be it unto you according to your faith". Other times the faith of the Pastor can make it happen, but the person can only keep his healing by building up his faith.

[size=13pt]HEAVENLY GBAM!!![/size]

Thank you . Thats the point! No one is saying miracles must be delayed, the point is sometimes time is involved and nobody has right to condemn a minister for not having instant result some could take some more minutes, hours or days to be perfected based on several reasons. We look forward to do greater works than Jesus did.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Enigma(m): 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
Kunle, you are right and ultimately it becomes unavoidable to name names even though we tried to avoid it for the sake of peace with fellow posters like Joagbaje.

By the way does anyone notice that Joagbaje has not denied what I said about WoF doctrine in that they deny that Jesus is God and say he was just another man who "operated by faith"? I will repeat that post and let us see if Joagbaje has the courage to either confirm OR deny it.

Enigma:

This matter is so important that I consider further clarification to be necessary and to highlight it in graphic terms. What these heretics are saying is this:

Before He died and rose again, Jesus was basically the same as and no greater than Chris Oyakhilome, Joagbaje or any other "christian" because all of them can do any thing BUT ONLY by faith.

The only concession they will make is that "Jesus had faith without measure"

If this is wrong let Joagbaje come and deny it or explain what they believe.

If I have expressed their belief correctly, then if this is not heresy I wonder what heresy is!!!
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Tonyet1(m): 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2010
I quite seem to agree with some of your reasons Alethia as regarding the deceit as practised by false prophets, BUT i still also think/believe that miracles should not only be pertinent to immediacy.

Miracle simply means an extraordinary event that is not explicable to nature or scientific laws. Just because Jesus (peace be unto HIM) and his miracles were immediate doesnt mean miracles were designed and intended to be immediate. Its only important we understand the essence of miracles.

Miracles are meant to reveal the Almightiness of the Father on his creations. It is meant to show forth as possibilities what the 5-senses of man would have concluded as IMPOSSIBLE. To me the time it occured doesnt matter, what matters is "if you believe God can do miracles, then He will do miracles".

The ancients like Elisha predicted the miracle of rainfall after many years of draught and famine, yet it was recorded that his servant had to exercise faith and works for 7times before "he came back and said - "master i see an abundance of rain" yet in other places we read of how Elisha performed immediate miracles too.

Now to our Lord Jesus (peace be unto HIM), in one of the miracles he performed, it was recorded that the first act didnt bring out the intended result, thus he did it ONCE MORE.

Mark 8:22-26

22 They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him.

23 He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man's eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, "Do you see anything?"  

24 He looked up and said, "I see people; they look like trees walking around." -[result of the first act]

25 [size=15pt]Once more[/size] Jesus put his hands on the man's eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly. 26 Jesus sent him home, saying, "Don't go into the village."  NIV

The first part - The man saw men as tree walking around

The second part - The man saw everything clearly.

God bless you!
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 2:03pm On Feb 18, 2010
Enigma:

Kunle, you are right and ultimately it becomes unavoidable to name names even though we tried to avoid it for the sake of peace with fellow posters like Joagbaje.

By the way does anyone notice that Joagbaje has not denied what I said about WoF doctrine in that they deny that Jesus is God and say he was just another man who "operated by faith"? I will repeat that post and let us see if Joagbaje has the courage to either confirm OR deny it.

Jesus was both man and God. He calls himself son of man. We know the word was God. But he came as man, only a man could defeat satan. If God should defeat satan it would be injustice. He was also called the seed of the woman.

And I dont know what you guys call WOF or WOfa movement. I dont know what it stands for, Even though it sounds nice to me, Ill rather be called "son of God" or saint or new creation. No association or movement . God is in his word and not in movements. The word is constant, You cant call a man a name he didnt call himself.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Enigma(m): 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2010
Joagbaje:

And I dont know what you guys call WOF or WOfa  movement. I dont know what it stands for, Even though it sounds nice to me, Ill rather be called "son of God" or saint or new creation. No association or movement . God is in his word and not in movements. The word is constant, You cant call a man a name he didnt call himself.

What you spout here everyday incessantly is Word of Faith/prosperity "gospel" theology; the only thing is that you probably think it is divinely revealed to your master Chris Oyakhilome not realising that even he is just regurgitating what his even more serious and more senior heretics have been saying for years --- and using that to dazzle you! You are firmly and staunchly part of the Word of Faith movement, my friend; FLEE before it damages you further.

Joagbaje:

Jesus was both man and God. He calls himself son of man. We know the word was God. But he came as man, only a man could defeat satan. If God should defeat satan it would be injustice. He was also called the seed of the woman.

This is double-speak to avoid facing the truth. OK, I simplify it --- answer these two/four questions:

1. When Jesus turned water into wine did He do it by His power as God; OR did He do it as a man "using and operating by faith"?

2. When Jesus raised the son of the widow at Nain from the dead, did He do it by His power as God; OR did He do it as a man "using and operating by faith."
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by saharachic(f): 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2010
Joagbaje:

[size=13pt]HEAVENLY GBAM!!![/size]

Pastor, Pastor, Which one is Heavenly Gbam! Apostle Paul will spit on your face if he was still alive.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Tonyet1(m): 2:26pm On Feb 18, 2010
^^^ that was funny, grin grin grin but are u speaking from experience?
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by KunleOshob(m): 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2010
Enigma:

This is double-speak to avoid facing the truth. OK, I simplify it --- answer these two/four questions:

1. When Jesus turned water into wine did He do it by His power as God; OR did He do it as a man "using and operating by faith"?

2. When Jesus raised the son of the widow at Nain from the dead, did He do it by His power as God; OR did He do it as a man "using and operating by faith."

enigma, you are squeezing pastor's balls to hard na, abeg take it easy on the man. grin
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by aletheia(m): 7:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
Tonye-t:

The ancients like Elisha predicted the miracle of rainfall after many years of draught and famine, yet it was recorded that his servant had to exercise faith and works for 7times before "he came back and said - "master i see an abundance of rain" yet in other places we read of how Elisha performed immediate miracles too.

Now to our Lord Jesus (peace be unto HIM), in one of the miracles he performed, it was recorded that the first act didnt bring out the intended result, thus he did it ONCE MORE.[/color]

Mark 8:22-26

22 They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him.

23 He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man's eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, "Do you see anything?"  

24 He looked up and said, "I see people; they look like trees walking around." -[result of the first act]

25 [size=15pt]Once more[/size] Jesus put his hands on the man's eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly. 26 Jesus sent him home, saying, "Don't go into the village."  NIV

The first part - The man saw men as tree walking around

The second part - The man saw everything clearly.

God bless you!

Just five questions sir.
1. When Elijah prayed, did it rain that very day or not?
2. When Jesus healed that blind man at Bethsaida, was it that very day he regained sight or not?
3. When Peter healed the lame man at the beautiful gate, was it that very day he walked or not?
4. When Paul healed the crippled man at Lystra, was it that very day he walked or not?
5. If any of you can give one example from scripture of a miracle occurring not on the same day but at  some time after the encounter with Jesus, the Apostles or even the old testament prophets, then I will concede the argument. Please note I said miracles not prophecies.
Re: The Miracles Of Christ Were Immediate But Our Pastors' Own Happens Later. Why? by Joagbaje(m): 8:15pm On Feb 18, 2010
saharachic:

Pastor, Pastor, Which one is Heavenly Gbam! Apostle Paul will spit on your face if he was still alive.

ah! you too?  You have turned against me now now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another White Pope, Shaking My Head! / Urgent Prayer request! My Case is different! / Ozubulu: Other Anambra Billionaires Who Built Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.