Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Is This Normal? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This Normal? (554 Views)

Is This Normal? / Is Femi Adesina Normal? / Has Power Been Worse Than Normal Lately? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This Normal? by Cultured(m): 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
Honorable members , please I need answer/advice on the following issues :

Foremost , as a human being , I'm not obsessed or addicted to anything ! Is this normal ?

In the other hand, I have one weak point " overconfidence" , this my weak point is also the result of what outsiders ( using my immediate environment as a yard stick ) would term " extra ordinary accomplishments " around me , but within me , all these assumed extra ordinary successes around me has deprived me a lot of other lesser good things. Better still put, I'm someone who innately believe that whatever worth doing ought doing well, I don't like settling for less in anything I have put interest in- let me take politics for instance, in the nearer future I might decide to venturing into politics to vie for an elective post and in the event of such, everyone around me might be expecting that I would start my political career from say Local government Chairmanship election, where I can secure a win easily, but within me it would rather be from House of representatives post upward or nothing.

What do I do about this overconfidence issue?

N\B: Here I say overconfidence not pride, so don't misconstrue my point, I loathe the latter so it can't be part of me.

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal? by orgasticdance: 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
Yes, u r normal. Addiction has a negative ring to it; so if ur not addicted to anything then maybe u have a a healthy sense of proportion in all that u do--that's pretty normal fare. On the overconfidence bit, maybe u need to get out of a comfortable environment that gives u an inflated opinion of urself and do somthing challenging instead of merely talking about it. The world's greatest philospher , Woody Allen grin, once said,If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative". wink When last did you fail at anything big?
Re: Is This Normal? by Cultured(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2013
orgasticdance: Yes, u r normal. Addiction has a negative ring to it; so if ur not addicted to anything then maybe u have a a healthy sense of proportion in all that u do--that's pretty normal fare. On the overconfidence bit, maybe u need to get out of a comfortable environment that gives u an inflated opinion of urself and do somthing challenging instead of merely talking about it. The world's greatest philospher , Woody Allen grin, once said,If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative". wink When last did you fail at anything big?

Thanks for your concern. Failure- yes, in most cases I have failed in my bids to get the best on things I put interest in, whereas if I'd settle for a lesser option of such bids I would succeed convincingly. Failure in the circumstance of the above instance would be attributed to my overconfidence. Let me put it this way, presently in "my life dictionary" the word "impossible" doesn't exist! I see failure not as a sign of ignorant but as an act of perfection- maybe this my chosen stance on defining failure is also a sign of the same overconfidence I am talking about. Suffice to say, I'm the type that believe much in action rather than mere talking/words. I hope you will understand more clearly my worry.

(1) (Reply)

Computer Village Price Ikeja Is Where You Can Get The Latest And Cheap Products / Fasheun,al-mustapha Romance: Yoruba Monarchs Salient / Patrick Obahiagbon Suggests A Ribadu/oshoimole Ticket For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.