Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy (892 Views)

Kanu: We’re More Nigerian Than Any Other Tribe- Ohaneze Ndigbo / Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? / Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by ebamma(m): 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
I just read a thread on the frontpage in which governor gabriel suswan claimed that any state that doesn't have igbos in it economy will suffer, and i laughed out loud, its now i realised that our politicians are more clueless than i thought, maybe he forgot that 80percent of igbo's investment in states is in the trading sector, spare parts dealers, electronic shop owners, chemist owners etc which cannot make our break a state's economy, cos those services are provided based on demand, even if igbos dont do it other tribes will still take advantage of the demand and start such businesses, how much tax can a spare part dealer or electronic shop owner pay into a state coffers?, we should stop lying to ourselves please.
Another laughable point made in that topic was that igbo's investment in abuja is 600 trillion, just to remind u nigeria's budget for 2013 is 4.93 trillion, which means that igbo's investment in abuja is almost 11 times of nigeria's budget, maybe all properties and companies including the aso rock villa, and the national assembly are owned by igbos. We should stop lying to support our claims please, nobody hates the igbos, if the yorubas so hated u guys will the have let u owned properties worth the so called 300
trillion on their soil, although im not yoruba but i have never heard that some igbo traders have been slaughtered by yorubas or that a yoruba landlord refused to rent his house to someone simply because he is igbo, we should stop this show of hate and discord please.
God bless my niger delta
God bless nigeria
On nigeria we stand
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by eyenCalabar(m): 12:08am On Aug 01, 2013
Am just tired of this Igbo people and their stories everyday. Atimes I wonder if they are the only tribe in Nigeria. What's so special about them that one won't hear any other thing again? Today, it Fashola and Igbo, tomorrow it's Boko Haram and Igbo. Haba! Is it not all of us that are struggling to survive in this cobweb called Nigeria? Why are they the center of attraction? What business can they really do sef? Make I hear better thing joor!
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by Acidosis(m): 12:14am On Aug 01, 2013
My brother, I was about sleeping when I stumbled on your thread.

What Suswan said is so true.

I believe Igbos investment in Abuja, Lagos is worth the figure you put up there.. Why would you mention tax and Budget while we are talking of investment..

Do you know a single plot of land without structures (60m x 120m) in Abuja (some places) worth 1billion naira?
Lets assume a real estate Igbo agent owns about 10 of that... do your maths.

My guy; I am not igbo but I respect that tribe!

I'll rather do business with them.

Do you even know the investment these folks have? Have you ever been to Onitsha to see "real hustle" "well deserve wealth"

Lets not even argue this, even the yorubas prefers buying things from Igbos! They believe them, they love to do business with them!

Buy shoe from a yoruba man,and then return it 5mins after (size issue), and he will never take it back from you.... Try and beg him/her, and you'll receive the worst insult of your life...

Just today I returned a building material meant for my church after about 27hours, and the Igbo guy collected with joy and cash me my kudi!
A yoruba man will never do that..

Btw, this stuff I returned to the Igbo guy cost N6700 in his store,
Mind you, I bought this same stuff from a yoruba man N7,000 with "plenty abeg".

Even the landlords in Yoruba lands prefers to rent their shops and houses to Igbos.. They believe them die! They know they'll pay....

My guy Igbos are great entrepreneurs, great business men and women.
If we could ressurect the Igbo lifestyle out of my yoruba folks, unemployment will reduce to the bearest minimum!

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by eyenCalabar(m): 12:30am On Aug 01, 2013
Acidosis: My brother, I was about sleeping when I stumbled on your thread.

What Suswan said is so true.

I believe Igbos investment in Abuja, Lagos is worth the figure you put up there.. Why would you mention tax and Budget while we are talking of investment..

Do you know a single plot of land without structures (60m x 120m) in Abuja (some places) worth 1billion naira?
Lets assume a real estate Igbo agent owns about 10 of that... do your maths.

My guy; I am not igbo but I respect that tribe!

I'll rather do business with them.

Do you even know the investment these folks have? Have you ever been to Onitsha to see "real hustle" "well deserve wealth"

Lets not even argue this, even the yorubas prefers buying things from Igbos! They believe them, they love to do business with them!

Buy shoe from a yoruba man,and then return it 5mins after (size issue), and he will never take it back from you.... Try and beg him/her, and you'll receive the worst insult of your life...

Just today I returned a building material meant for my church after about 27hours, and the Igbo guy collected with joy and cash me my kudi!
A yoruba man will never do that..

Btw, this stuff I returned to the Igbo guy cost N6700 in his store,
Mind you, I bought this same stuff from a yoruba man N7,000 with "plenty abeg".

Even the landlords in Yoruba lands prefers to rent their shops and houses to Igbos.. They believe them die! They know they'll pay....

My guy Igbos are great entrepreneurs, great business men and women.
If we could ressurect the Igbo lifestyle out of my yoruba folks, unemployment will reduce to the bearest minimum!

Make a friend with one and worship the person so that their wisdom can be passed to you since you cannot do a common business or knowing how to treat a customer.
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by AndreUweh(m): 12:45am On Aug 01, 2013
ebamma: I just read a thread on the frontpage in which governor gabriel suswan claimed that any state that doesn't have igbos in it economy will suffer, and i laughed out loud, its now i realised that our politicians are more clueless than i thought, maybe he forgot that 80percent of igbo's investment in states is in the trading sector, spare parts dealers, electronic shop owners, chemist owners etc which cannot make our break a state's economy, cos those services are provided based on demand, even if igbos dont do it other tribes will still take advantage of the demand and start such businesses, how much tax can a spare part dealer or electronic shop owner pay into a state coffers?, we should stop lying to ourselves please.
Another laughable point made in that topic was that igbo's investment in abuja is 600 trillion, just to remind u nigeria's budget for 2013 is 4.93 trillion, which means that igbo's investment in abuja is almost 11 times of nigeria's budget, maybe all properties and companies including the aso rock villa, and the national assembly are owned by igbos. We should stop lying to support our claims please, nobody hates the igbos, if the yorubas so hated u guys will the have let u owned properties worth the so called 300
trillion on their soil, although im not yoruba but i have never heard that some igbo traders have been slaughtered by yorubas or that a yoruba landlord refused to rent his house to someone simply because he is igbo, we should stop this show of hate and discord please.
God bless my niger delta
God bless nigeria
On nigeria we stand

Why are you using this idiotic thread to seek cheap attention?. Why not go and spill this your rubbish in that Suswan thread. It's a pity the way to seek popularity in nairaland is by chatting crap about Igbo people. This is nonsensical.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by IGBOSON1: 1:34am On Aug 01, 2013
Andre Uweh:

Why are you using this idiotic thread to seek cheap attention?. Why not go and spill this your rubbish in that Suswan thread. It's a pity the way to seek popularity in nairaland is by chatting crap about Igbo people. This is nonsensical.

^^^He's kindred spirits with the ijaw-citizen dude.....they both don't like to hear anything about Ndigbo being good at anything or leading in anything! Makes you wonder how and why a Niger-Deltan would have much bile for Igbos considering we're not their problem! Having said that, it's clear that the post he's referring to was embellished a bit and shouldn't have been taken too seriously by serious-minded peeps (esp' with the trillions of naira claim), but it says a lot that the post in question (which ordinarily should be ignored, or given a quick response on the thread it was posted in) worried him so much to the point of opening a new thread on it to put Igbos in their place !

I'm quite wary of people claiming to be from Niger-Delta (N-D), and then go on to make most of their contributions on this website all about trying to abuse and ridicule Ndigbo......you can normally spot them by their monikers: they choose one that tells you at a glance that they're from an ethnic group in the N-D, and then they go on to make posts that abuse Igbos, and they try to show that ethnicities in the old Eastern Region don't like Igbos; you hardly find these peeps say a bad word against Yorubas! wink
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by Nobody: 1:46am On Aug 01, 2013
The truth is simply the truth and the op related to it as it is..

No tribe can break any state's economy when they are invested in trading that is based on demands. The op made a valid point but sentiments won't let andre uweh and Igbo(weed) son think properly.

Trust me, if Igbos decide to make their stay in other people's land political, they will be evicted and there is no law that can stop any native tribe from evicting non native tribes from their land at will provided the general consensus is in support of it.

if Ikwere people want all non ikwere out of their land, their local governments will lobby for a state law that will allow such. If Yorubas start getting tired of foreigners in their land, their laws will simply evict foreigners provided the people accept the consequence.

During the wars caucasians decided to call world wars, many Japanese were subjected to camp like treatments in both Canada and USA. It's analogically coherent just that on a big scale. Think before you talk, act and even think sef in a foregn territory. no be your papa land. Forget that Nigeria is still a country, it's still a union of nations.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:57am On Aug 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^He's kindred spirits with the ijaw-citizen dude.....they both don't like to hear anything about Ndigbo being good at anything or leading in anything! Makes you wonder how and why a Niger-Deltan would have much bile for Igbos considering we're not their problem! Having said that, it's clear that the post he's referring to was embellished a bit and shouldn't have been taken too seriously by serious-minded peeps (esp' with the trillions of naira claim), but it says a lot that the post in question (which ordinarily should be ignored, or given a quick response on the thread it was posted in) worried him so much to the point of opening a new thread on it to put Igbos in their place !

I'm quite wary of people claiming to be from Niger-Delta (N-D), and then go on to make most of their contributions on this website all about trying to abuse and ridicule Ndigbo......you can normally spot them by their monikers: they choose one that tells you at a glance that they're from an ethnic group in the N-D, and then they go on to make posts that abuse Igbos, and they try to show that ethnicities in the old Eastern Region don't like Igbos; you hardly find these peeps say a bad word against Yorubas! wink

Like we don't. Know....I bet they think they are smart pitching se against their ss neighbors. Weak tactics!
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by IGBOSON1: 2:13am On Aug 01, 2013
0lumide: The truth is simply the truth and the op related to it as it is..

No tribe can break any state's economy when they are invested in trading that is based on demands. The op made a valid point but sentiments won't let andre uweh and Igbo(weed) son think properly.

Trust me, if Igbos decide to make their stay in other people's land political, they will be evicted and there is no law that can stop any native tribe from evicting non native tribes from their land at will provided the general consensus is in support of it.

if Ikwere people want all non ikwere out of their land, their local governments will lobby for a state law that will allow such. If Yorubas start getting tired of foreigners in their land, their laws will simply evict foreigners provided the people accept the consequence.

During the wars caucasians decided to call world wars, many Japanese were subjected to camp like treatments in both Canada and USA. It's analogically coherent just that on a big scale. Think before you talk, act and even think sef in a foregn territory. no be your papa land. Forget that Nigeria is still a country, it's still a union of nations.

^^^Pray, show where i pointed out in my post that Ndigbo can 'break any states economy'.....i'm waiting; you obviously felt the need to respond to my post, so being the 'intelligent' man you are, i'm assuming you had good reason to......now point out where i alluded to Ndigbo being able to 'break a states economy'!

Ndigbo acting one way or the other on issues they feel affect them -insofar as they don't break any 'Nigerian' recognized laws- is something you need to live with for as long as this country remains one.......but of course you have the option of hanging yourself, so no need to worry to much! You're free to term such actions as 'political' or 'crazy', it's your choice, but you better get used to such 'actions' for as long as your ilk feel the need for these supremacist/Nazi-type policies targeted against Nigerians which have no basis in the constitution!

You can get tired of foreigners 'in your land', but all you can do (for now) is take your protestations to the graveside of your god awo and curse him for fighting to keep you as compatriots with a people you despise with every fibre in your bigoted xenophobic body! Alternatively you can organize opc some guys to start a real war with Igbos in Lagos......hopefully you'd stand and fight mano-a-mano, unlike the cowardly bokites!

Cheers. smiley
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by IGBOSON1: 2:13am On Aug 01, 2013
smiley
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by backtosender: 2:39am On Aug 01, 2013
cheesy cheesy haahahahahah
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by mensdept: 4:40am On Aug 01, 2013
eyenCalabar: Am just tired of this Igbo people and their stories everyday. Atimes I wonder if they are the only tribe in Nigeria. What's so special about them that one won't hear any other thing again? Today, it Fashola and Igbo, tomorrow it's Boko Haram and Igbo. Haba! Is it not all of us that are struggling to survive in this cobweb called Nigeria? Why are they the center of attraction? What business can they really do sef? Make I hear better thing joor!

So how much longer are you going to be "struggling" in the "Cobweb"? Don't you want out?

Nonsense
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by rednation: 10:40am On Aug 01, 2013
ebamma: I just read a thread on the frontpage in which governor gabriel suswan claimed that any state that doesn't have igbos in it economy will suffer, and i laughed out loud, its now i realised that our politicians are more clueless than i thought, maybe he forgot that 80percent of igbo's investment in states is in the trading sector, spare parts dealers, electronic shop owners, chemist owners etc which cannot make our break a state's economy, cos those services are provided based on demand, even if igbos dont do it other tribes will still take advantage of the demand and start such businesses, how much tax can a spare part dealer or electronic shop owner pay into a state coffers?, we should stop lying to ourselves please.
God bless my niger delta
God bless nigeria
On nigeria we stand
Fool......idiotic tribal bigot
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2013
OP...

You are wrong..

The Igbos can break the World economy if they so desired.
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by eyenCalabar(m): 11:30am On Aug 01, 2013
mens dept:

So how much longer are you going to be "struggling" in the "Cobweb"? Don't you want out?

Nonsense

It's aluta struggle, so it continues. But ain't you guys been fighting to realize Biafra? What's happening now?
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by eyenCalabar(m): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2013
ilugunboy: OP...

You are wrong..

The Igbos can break the World economy if they so desired.

Using Okija shrine right? grin
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by Geomac: 11:43am On Aug 01, 2013
It is a political statement just to make them relevant.
No tribe can break any state's economy when they are invested in trading that is based on demands.
You are absolutely correct.
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by bloggernaija: 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
Suswans comments was simply an ego -massaging comment.ACN made a similar comment yesterday about IBO making up 45% of Lagos population .
In Suswans case,he must have been trying to gain favours from a SE dominated dysfunctional government .in ACN case,they were trying to win back the narrative .
Now let me add my thought.
The real wealth creators are not the petty trader you see on the street.most of these people live at the subsistence level.the lucky ones may have a little extra left to build a house.but in the reals sense ,most of them are not wealthy.
2 being traders,the value of their good as a measure of their wealth is simply what it is worth now.
Its worthlessness as a measure of wealth can be discounted e.g Leave goods in a warehouse for a year and it becomes outdated
3what do you bring to the table.
Note that calabar was once the capital of nigeria.calabar is beautiful ,has a rich history ..... In fact,ticks all the right boxes.
However,the laws of economics and business took over.
Lagos had a natural harbour ,already had a significant literate population ,business /elite community,peaceful and law abiding citizens across the SW,historical trading links and offers access to the west African sub region,was rich( bigger kingdoms in odua states were perpetually fighting over who get access to the wealth)...............
The wealth of Lagos and what is on offer across the southwest .
The southwest offered and still offers one of the most urbanised society in the whole world.most developed countries only achieved this in the 1900s after becoming developed
What this gives a business is the concentration of potential customers at a reduced cost.
Yorubas are known as people who do not hoard money .
Therefore ,access to this market is the real wealth ,not the person selling anything .
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by bloggernaija: 1:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
rednation:
Fool......idiotic tribal bigot

He pain you ?
Someone just gave you the lowdown of how economics work.
The demand is the wealth,not the supply unless you are a member of the Chicago school of economics .
Now in borno where boko haram is destroying things,the terrorist have made sure that the demand (people ) cannot go about their day to day biz as usual and the suppliers as well .
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by Duru1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2013
God bless my niger delta
God bless nigeria
On nigeria we stand

You could have done better than you have shown with the title of this thread if you had removed “Igbo” from it. The drivel would have sounded lively and frankly debatable if it goes without Igbo.
Re: Igbos Or Any Other Tribe Can't Make Or Break Any State's Economy by chi3280(m): 1:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
Andre Uweh:

Bros, don't blame the garri drinker! He is the pioneer garri activist on this forum before other block heads joined him. Please don't take him serious. Dude is high on Ijebu Garri. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Man Beheads Son For N1M Cash To Buy Cows In Adamawa / Nigeria Is So Corrupt It Would Be Better To Burn Our Aid Money- Britain! / Kalu And Fashola Part 111

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.