Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Nairalander Directly Confirms Igbo Economic Strenght In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalander Directly Confirms Igbo Economic Strenght In Lagos (597 Views)

N500bn Social Welfare: 1million Poor Nigerians To Get N5,000 Directly–Presidency / Igbo Economic And Political Development Group / Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Directly Confirms Igbo Economic Strenght In Lagos by omongbati1: 3:45am On Aug 01, 2013
According to Nairalander Olabukola:

Ibos Will Be At Advantage In 20-30 Yrs Time In Nigeria by olabukola: 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2011
I might sound silly now but we have to face reality here. Wether we believe it or not if Nigeria still exist in the next 30 years Ibos will be at advantage in every part of Nigeria.

Now they claim to be upto 35% of Lagos, they claim to have almost half the properties in Lagos, it might not be the truth but the reality is they have many properties in Lagos and their population in Lagos is tangible at the moment. They are multiplying/increasing in population in lagos/west and other part of Nigeria yr in yr out. On a free and fair election in Lagos state any Governorship candidate that chose an Ibo Deputy will definitely win. Once such thing happens they are one feet away from becoming the Gov. of lagos state. That will not mean well for us in the west.

They are in the north(Kanu and Kaduna), i read somewhere that they have 70% of the landed property in Abuja but it will take them more than 50/100 yrs to achieve such feet in the North due to religion. We might mock them now but they are taking a bold step which might be intentional and its a gamble. Why i call it gamble is cus if nigeria seize to exist today its very likely they will lose many if not all.

On the other hand we have noting in the east/north and cannot even challenge for a cancillorship position in 30 yrs time due to the fact that we are not many there and we dont care to move out of our domian.
I see them like they are planning for the future nigeria albiet a gamble.

https://www.nairaland.com/583750/ibos-advantage-20-30-yrs-time
Re: Nairalander Directly Confirms Igbo Economic Strenght In Lagos by Nobody: 3:48am On Aug 01, 2013
YEAH 5%!!!
Re: Nairalander Directly Confirms Igbo Economic Strenght In Lagos by omongbati1: 3:50am On Aug 01, 2013
Olabukola is a very pragmatic Yoruba guy who is on the ground seeing, time and time again, the gains being made by Igbos in SW, especially Lagos to the chagrin of the Yoruba. This supports the claim made by ACN on Igbo population and economic achievements in Lagos

Taking into account the alarming vehemence of his narrative, I support the call that Igbos should repatriate some of their wealth home, b4 it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Directly Confirms Igbo Economic Strenght In Lagos by FSU: 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
Yorubas are now fulfilling this agenda.

(1) (Reply)

I Cant By Musiwa / Umeh Pressurized To Merge APGA Into PDP — APC / Has Ngige bitten more than he can chew? Anambra Youth Stone, Boo him In Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.